Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heart Palpitations (Quinn or Eclipse)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Heart Palpitations (Quinn or Eclipse) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations (Quinn or Eclipse) Heart Palpitations (Quinn or Eclipse) Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2015, 15:16

Another spring day had come around, and the weather was not too bad. Light showers here and there, but all-in-all things were quite alright in the world of Helidos. The smell of new blood had been traced around the dens, though he had yet to meet any of this year's young. The Elite was not too eager to, feeling it best to stay out of the mayhem and focus on himself and his duty, that way nothing could go wrong. Having another under his love or care and attention seemed to be a curse on their behalf; something always befell them, along the lines of being fatal. No, he'd help out the pups and mothers from the sidelines by maintaining an adequate kill pile along with the few hunters, to feed their hungry mouths and fulfil their stomachs so they could grow and have the energy to do the things that pups do.

With a soft sigh, he continued on his walk, simply mulling over what his purpose would be next in his life and patrolling the borders quietly. Droplets of rainwater clung to his brown fur, like morning dew to stems of grass, gradually descending down his body until larger drops had formed and teetered on the verge of dripping onto the forest floor. Perhaps an hour went by until he glimpsed a dark furred figure shooting through the distant trees. A juvenile wolf, and a stranger too nonetheless. Picking up his pace in pursuit, he sprinted after what he scented to be a male, small amounts of water spraying from his pelt as he was running faster than he had run in a long time while he aimed to catch and pin down the outlander before he got into the heart of the pack, keeping quiet as possible all the while. Due to the unknown one's age, he did not fear too much for his packmates' safety, but rather for the chaos it would cause and if it was maybe a decoy, a distraction for a bigger enemy attack. However, as he closed in on the smaller brute, it appeared luck would be on Eclipse's side today. The other had either tripped or somehow lost balance of himself, but either way he went crashing to the earth, unable to get back up despite great effort.

Eclipse pressed on, fortunate enough to avoid the one root that had caused the young one's fall. As he caught up to the other, the foe stench was unmistakable, as well as it being immediately apparent that the other brute was barely conscious. Although his tail hung high over his back and his ears pressed forward in alert, the Elite padded gently closer in the final few yards, but remained ready for any sudden change. The male below him was now unmoving and muttered something about wanting help; the fear was pungent from him. Calmly, Eclipse craned down his head and nudged the other male's jaw with his snout, checking he was somewhat aware of his presence by any reaction given. He panted slightly from the heat he felt due to his straight gallop over such distance. Some droplets that still existed on his coat sidled down his furry brows, which were furrowed with concern. "Young sir, my name is not Magnus but I will try to help you if you answer my questions. Take some deep breaths and try to calm down, nobody will hurt you with me here. Helidos is safe, but you are an Erenyx wolf who has crossed our border which certainly isn't alright, and I must know why you did so. I'm an Elite of these lands. What are you running for, or from? You must tell me now." He spoke in a low and clear tone for the panicked youngster. For now it seemed his vow to not care for another had vanished, as sorting out this frightened brute became his priority.
Back to top Go down
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations (Quinn or Eclipse) Heart Palpitations (Quinn or Eclipse) Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2015, 15:16

Chest rising and falling quickly as he continued panting to cool off and catch his breath from the run, he remained in position patiently, his alert features not changing and his head kept close to the level of the Erenyx one's face. His tail flicked slightly due to concern and nerves about the health and safety of the young wolf before him. It was a strange relief when the smaller male tried to move away from the Elite as he felt the prod to his jaw, since it showed he was somewhat conscious and mobile despite it usually being considered quite rude or untrusting to dodge an older wolf with a fairly high pack standing. This was an exceptional circumstance however, and the apprentice-aged wolf must have been through something really quite petrifying in order to be in this state, so understandably feared for his life and therefore Eclipse did not see bad of him. He saw the hesitant and timid glint to the mirrored pair of golden eyes, and so lifted his head and backed up slightly, repositioning himself to block out the rays of sun that had been cast over the already hyperventilating young brute. Still watchful, Eclipse observed the other's vital signs and it was good to see that his advice had been heeded, with deeper, slower breaths being visibly inhaled. It seemed he even trusted Eclipse enough to close his eyes, or perhaps just too exhausted. Keeping quietly assuring, he would say nothing more until the other was more composed and replied, hoping his outward calmness would radiate from him and help to settle the juvenile. Meanwhile, he took the opportunity to scan around him, casting particularly hard glances over his shoulder as he still felt not quite at ease with the thought that someone could have chased the young brute here or something bigger was to follow. He wouldn't underestimate the cruel mind of the certain chess player that commanded each movement of his pawns.

Nothing bad was to follow though, as it turned out. Not yet at least. Seconds flowed into minutes, and all there was was tranquility in the forest. Eclipse only grew more calm and ready to deal with the issue of the young wolf, but his nose and ears were actively sensing for anything. His own panting had ceased as he had cooled off and regained a steady heartbeat. Growing slightly impatient, he shuffled his paws and shook off the trickling rainwater from his brows and what had descended to his muzzle, only to suddenly stand up taller, ears pricked and body prepared to rush forward to support the smaller frame as it attempted to sit up should he need it. The pathetic sight of the apprentice hanging his head as he did, was really quite sad. The brown male's brows furrowed softly again while he listened to the broken sentences, making sense of it all. It turned out the yearling had really been through a gruesome experience, watching his sister die. He related to that. None of the names he mentioned were familiar, except for Magnus. Ah... it was his father he'd plead to be his saviour. By the sounds of it he was born from a high ranked pair so was supposedly well-bred and probably better trained, which he kept in mind.

A battle to the death between pups, of the same pack.. to weed out the weak, he supposed. But all that bloodshed, for what? A pup was too young to be judged, and there were far more skills than fighting. Eclipse sighed, having noticed the desperation now obvious in the littler male's hues but not wanting to show too much softness at this point while he was in charge of the situation. His snout twitched as he held back from displaying sorrow to the pup, though a slightly frowning curve formed on the corner of his lips for a moment until he cleared his throat and spoke. "You have been through a lot indeed, Ciro. I daren't think about how it must be to experience all that at your age, but you see I have lost my entire family too. You must not feel ashamed for your panic and running away, as in the end those who died are gone and you can't change that. It was important that you could live. I feel like you would do well here, you mention having some good skills so you would be a valuable wolf, and we needed you alive for that. Just don't barge past a pack's border like that again." He offered a small smile and avoided commenting on 'energies', since he wasn't quite sure what the yearling meant. "You may call me Eclipse, or Elite Eclipse if you feel that more proper. I trust that you are of no harm to this pack and I grant you entrance as an apprentice healer, as we are lacking those with the knowledge of curing the injured and sick at the moment. You can find a mentor when the time is right. For now, you can stick with me so that you don't get unwanted attention. You've been through enough for one day. You may have my den tonight, if you wish. I quite like sleeping under the stars anyhow. Do those arrangements sound alright to you, Ciro?" His tone was softer than before, more welcoming. He wanted the pup to have a good home, and he would ensure that as best he could. For a while he'd take responsibility for Ciro settling in, and make sure no trouble came from accepting the Erenyx male.
Back to top Go down
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations (Quinn or Eclipse) Heart Palpitations (Quinn or Eclipse) Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2015, 03:47

Welcome to Helidos! Make sure you've added yourself to the Helidos group, ya know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heart Palpitations (Quinn or Eclipse) Heart Palpitations (Quinn or Eclipse) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heart Palpitations (Quinn or Eclipse)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1