Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time to Move Forward (Ariste)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Warrior Piper
Administrator
Administrator
Warrior Piper

Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Empty
PostSubject: Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2015, 19:14

Months had passed since that horrible, cold day. Spring had come and gone and brought with it the heat of summer. Grass had started to brown from the heat, but at this elevation the chill in the air cept everything cool and green. The cliff looked much the same as she had remembered it, deadly. Piper walked closer to the edge, small pebbles giving way to fall into the abis. Only darkness lay down in the depths, that and the battered bodies of those lost so long ago. Having not ventured to this area since that horrid day Piper viewed it as a final act of closure, something she needed to do to move forward in her life. Her hind fell into a sit by the edge, the wind to her back almost pushing her into the mists. Closing her eyes she relived the day of the fight in her mind, burning every act, smell and sound into her mind.

Willow had died first followed by Icarus she guessed. The vacent eyes of her sister bore into her mind and almost called out to her. For a while she had blamed herself for all of this, that she could of protected her family had she won quicker. Now she knew this was not the case. She had been the victor for a reason, for she was meant to grow strong and move on. Aspen's cries as he tumbled over the cliff stirred in her mind next. Even though they weren't close his death pained her, as did her act of killing Reiner. Having known him somewhat she knew the act only came from the situation she was facing, not who she truly was. Had the fight never happened she wouldn't have lunged at him, bitten his throat and shock as she did. Lastly she thought of Ciro. He was thought to be dead, but her father still held out that he had escaped the carnage. His body had never been found, even after she had looked for days. Unsure of his whereabouts she thought it easier to think of him as gone.

Sighing as the wind slapped her again Piper turned and started to roll medium sized rocks to the edge. Soon six rocks lay in a row by the edge, all symbolizing the presumed lost lives from that day. The smallest of the rocks she picked as Willow's, and for her she lay a single yellow flower that grew in the rocks. Finished Piper stepped back to look at her shrine and the wind hit her hard again. Bracing herself she felt it carry her upwards, so she went with it, feeling light and airy. In that moment a spark started in the young fae, one of commitment to bettering herself and one of solidarity. For she was the lone survivor in her mind, she would live for all of them now. Piper then threw her head back and howled longer and harder then ever she had done before. It echoed through the canyon, a voice one could swear sounded like more then one lonely fae, but these mountains played tricks on your ears; for as quickly as multiples were heard they seized to exist all together.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2015, 08:27

Time. Time was a strange thing, in Ariste's mind. It was always changing, never stayed still, not for a moment. Each beat less than one could count, time was constantly shifting and bending and moving forward. How creatures were supposed to keep up with it, she did not know. Some said it had healing factors - that when given time, a broken heart could heal. She supposed it made sense, as even physical injuries healed with the progression of time. But time was taken for granted - no one knew when or if it could simply stop. Everything would stop aging, but also stop healing, she supposed. Life would be suspended in an eternal state of nothingness, suspended upon a string as nothing moved on or continued. Nothing changed, for better or worse. Why such thoughts had crossed the fae's was a mystery, even to her, but she allowed herself to dwell on them as she wandered, checking the border in every territory. There were man ways - or in this case, places to enter Erenyx, and she would not leave one of them ignored. If one was trying to invade, she knew they would not typically attack from the most used border, assuming it was a stealth attack. Shifting, her long legs stretched out as she strode forward, tail almost level with her spine, swaying back and forth. Her ears were perked, listening to every sound. The calls of the wildlife, the rocks and earth crumbling and being kicked away from her pawas she moved. Golden eyes, mixed with silver observed her surroundings with an acuteness that suggested she was more focused than truly was. As a mist began to swirl around her, as if heralding the arrival of something, she raised her head, and gazed about. She recognized her position as entering the territory, Satan's edge. Only a season ago had she been here, when the pups were in a battle to the death. No facial expression was given at the memory, but in her mind's eye, memories flickered through her head, taunting her, tempting her.

A little black form could only look on with pity and pure fear as she was forcefully shoved into the ring. Golden eyes gazed up at her older, larger sister. The pup of no more than nine months old looked up to, and who was currently looking down at her with emotionless eyes. Stumbling, Senka flailed to her paws, standing up and pressing herself as far back as possible. The cries of wolves were loud in her ears, as she tried to escape as subtly as possible. But as she moved back, she turned her head, catching sight of two harsh, sharp blue eyes staring her down, almost expectantly. She knew not his name, only that all others cowered under him and feared him, as he was the Alpha's son, and the Beta. Turning back, she yelped seeing her sister charging at her. A leap, and a heavy weight was smothering her, crushing her as small teeth and surprisingly strong jaws tried to clasp around her neck. "Sister, I'm sorry..."

Ariste's eyes refocused as the memory faded away, and she stared in front of her. Silence enveloped her for a moment, before she proceeded forward as if nothing had happened. She could almost sense the voice of her sister preparing another comment, but it was hushed as a loud howl rang throughout the lands. Ariste paused listening to the haunting note as it multiplied over and over, until one could swear it was a whole pack of wolves giving the cry. It was a long, sorrowful bay, and the Elite stopped to listen to it until it died away. When the silence was finally restored, the echos giving out, Ariste turned, moving in the direction she had heard them to come from the clearest. She would not be tricked by the duplicates, leading her off in the opposite directions, in time noticing the young pup standing before several rocks, perched at the edge of the cliff, one with a single flower laying in front of it. She stood still, her figure a mysterious black form from a distance, a demonic apparition in the midst of the fog that clouded her features, making her look undefined. But as she slowly approached, she became more wolf-like, features becoming pronounced. Her eyes seemed to almost glow, the light reflecting in them. "Child, what are you doing out here, in such a place?" She inquired, gazing at the pup, who, likely, could hardly be called such anymore. She did not recognize her by name, but recognized her from the pup fights, and could only assume the rocks to be markers for the place her siblings had died, in this very territory. Her ear flicked, causing some of the fog to  shift, fleeing and scattering, creating a gap in it. She would not sympathize with the pup, but she did know how she felt, having gone through the same thing in her younger days. Behind the female, she kept herself standing, watching the young femme, curiosity in her gaze. She'd only met one other pup of Erenyx, and from what she knew, he was deceased. It didn't surprise her much, the way he spoke, but he had brains, and had expected him to last longer. As her thoughts strayed to him, she wondered vaguely if the male called Renier was related to Piper.
Back to top Go down
Warrior Piper
Administrator
Administrator
Warrior Piper

PostSubject: Re: Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2015, 07:26

After the young fae stopped howling and her ears failed to hear any of the echos she grew quiet. Closing her eyes to the world from the peace that solitude brought her she sighed and felt the slight wind brush against her fur. Her senses seemed to grow ten fold in this silence and she became aware of her surroundings in a new way. Her paws felt the cold ground and she could feel her heart beat in her chest. Her nose tickled from the drying wind and her tail tensed as her fur blew backwards. Most noticeably her ears perked when the sound of a wolf coming to stand behind her. It spoke and Piper knew it was the now Elite fae Ariste from the sound of her voice. She remembered her from around the pack, though never having met her personally. Her mother had talked about her on occasion and her voice seemed to match her quiet nature. Not turning around just yet Piper let her moment of solidarity pass and with it went her sense of flying against the wind, gone now was her freedom.

Turning now just with her head to gaze at the black fae her face held no confirmed emotions. Blank was her stare for her mind held the thoughts on now being joined by the fae. A moment passed that seemed like an eternity of just gazing to each other until finally Piper's ear fell back in submission as she remembered this fae was now a high rank. "I am paying my respects to those fallen by my hand and others." She explained, letting her gaze float back to the infinity. "They were my siblings, my friends, and now they are gone." She said solemnly, her shoulders now hunching in an attempt to hide herself from seeing eyes. True Piper had already sorted out that the pups dying wasn't entirely her fault, but yet she still felt guilty at the lives that were lost. "Had I known what would have happened here I never would have guessed it was me to survive. No, my brothers were always stronger as were the other pups." She said looking back to Ariste, "Why did I live?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2015, 13:13

Ariste watched the fae, as she took some time to respond. Her brilliant ore-hued eyes stared, void of true emotion, yet filled with it. Emotion more from her mind than her heart. She didn't bark at Piper to speak immediately, as she normally would have, simply letting the silence settle between them. The wind shifted the fog, and tugged at her fur, providing relief from the scorching rays that usually beat down on the lands of Erenyx. Around her, she felt the damp mist crowding around the warmth her natural body heat created. The air felt moist on her tongue, and made her nose cool to the touch. Her tongue rolled out of her mouth, wetting her nose. She shifted, her muscles rippling beneath her coat, like a pebble dropping into a body of still water. Eventually, she lowered her hindquarters to the ground, allowing her muscles a rest from the tireless movement. Her ears roved, twisting to face different directions, eventually coming to rest once again facing to the front, paying attention to the young wolf speaking to her. Her nostrils flared, inhaling the calmingly cool air, huffing it out of her lungs through her slightly parted mouth. She nodded as the Erenyx female explained what she was doing, confirming Ariste's earlier thoughts. She noted the respect she was being given, and was truly surprised at it. She was not used to being submitted to without a scornful snarl they thought she wouldn't notice, a look of displeasure, or having to force them to do such. As the tawny pup curled into herself, as if trying to escape the world, Ariste raised herself to and moved closer to her, giving her a small nudge. "Don't ask 'why', because there are some questions that simply no one can answer, that you will die searching for." She responded, voice low, and surprisingly kind. It lost the sharp edge it normally carried. As she stepped away from her, the edge did not return, but the kindness faded out of it. She certanly did not want to give the impression that she would always be that nice.

"You're smart, I can tell, and surely you can become a great warrior, but only if you try. If you underestimate yourself, you will be weak. Do you wish to do such a thing?" She finished her sentence with an inquiry, looking down at Piper, shifting the weight on her long legs and paws. She inhaled and exhaled slowly, each breath drawing in brisk air. Her mind worked as she remained silent, waiting for the other to speak, as may things she could say occurred to her, but she said none of them, remaining quiescent. Her obsidian banner swayed, fur lashing as a particularly strong gust of wind blew, carrying with it the distant cry of an Eagle, its grating screech heard from the top of a tree. The chirps of the birds and the bugs were distant or nonexistent from the unique territory they stood in, a place where not many ventured, and there were no homes for the various creatures that sought one. Chuffing, her golden luminaries observed her surroundings for a moment, before falling back on the Apprentice, once again lowering herself to a sitting position.
Back to top Go down
Warrior Piper
Administrator
Administrator
Warrior Piper

PostSubject: Re: Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2015, 16:05

Piper sat and gazed at the black fae before her. She was everything she hoped to be one day, strong, intelligent and beautiful. Her mind stretched to the future she might have if she became half of what Ariste was. She would be a wolf of respect, poise and power, this is what she wanted. She listened as the older fae spoke and soon her words stopped and it was up to Piper to respond. "I mean no disrespect, but I know I am weak, it's because I'm untrained. It was dumb luck that I survived that fight even if I did kill Reiner." She explained, her gaze floating out over the cliff. "I was starting trainer with our former Beta Fel, but only for a few weeks before she left. After that I worked by myself for my mother and father were too busy with my siblings. I just wanted to be the best and look at me now, I have nothing but a beating heart." She said feeling depressed yet again. Her gaze remained out over the cliff yet again and she sighed. "I don't want to be weak, only the opposite. I want to be strong, someone others will look up to." She said her eyes shifting back to the paws of the Elite, "someone like you."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2015, 09:40

Ariste watched the young fae, observing her as she responded. She recognized herself as weak, and admitted that she had been the one to kill Renier. Her facial expression conveyed no response to that, but it did intrigue her. Ore-coloured eyes observed Piper's expressions and motions. She was reminded of when she had first joined Erenyx, and had no trainer herself. Yet, she accomplished next to nothing training by herself, until she stared really watching and picking up on others' technique, accepting tips instead of being stubborn. Her ear twitched as the Beta to Elite was mentioned. She had had no true ill opinion of her, but she sensed that she was certainly not favoured by her, after being promoted, considering she got demoted, despite winning. She knew not why, nor would she question it, although she was slightly curious. As she finished speaking, the Elite rose to her paws, stalking around the pup slightly, sizing her up. She was not intending to be intimidating, however. "As I said, you are an intelligent pup, and with some training, you could be what you wish. A strong, feared yet respected member of the pack, even hold rank perhaps. Striving to be the best is not impossible, but unlikely if you reach for it first, but if you gradually improve, you may just reach your goal. Only time will tell." Pacing back so she was facing her head on, Ariste watched her reaction to her words. "If you are still in need of a Mentor, I could teach you a few thing, train you." Again she would wait, wait to see if her offer would be accepted or declined, bright orbs staring at the femme.
Back to top Go down
Warrior Piper
Administrator
Administrator
Warrior Piper

PostSubject: Re: Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2015, 18:49

Piper sat in silence and let the words of Ariste fill her. Almost in shock that the powerful fae wanted to train her she didn't know how to respond. Hesitantly bringing her gaze back around to Ariste she gulped "Would you really train me?" Her voice was shaky and suddenly weak in comparison to the Elite, what a fool she must look like in front of her. "I wouldn't be a bother to you, I know how to hunt decent like from my father and my mom has shown me some fighting moves. Fel had been working of my speed and endurance before she left. What stuff would you do?" She questioned, facing the fae fully now. "I promise I'd be a good listener and try really hard, I just want a chance." She pleaded, flicking her ears back now in submission. "I truly want to be the best and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to do just that. I want to be someone no one would dare ridicule, taunt or demand submission from." Her voice was now stronger. It held purpose and determination. The fire had started once again in her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2015, 12:46

Ariste's eyes lay on Piper calmly, watching for her reaction.  She seemed to be quite shocked, and Ariste wasn't sure whether or not to be surprised that she was.  Her paws readjusted their seat in the dirt, as her shoulders shifted back so she was standing straighter and more regally. "I would not have said it if I did not mean it."  She rumbled, licking her nose to wet it.  She remained quiet, allowing the Apprentice to ramble on, listening to every word she said, the ghost of an amused expression on her face.  Bemused at the pup's nervousness. Her eyes lowered slightly, not in annoyance, but as she tired of the fire of words being directed at her.  However, soon she fell silent, and she took note of how Piper had slowly grown more confident in simply one sentence alone. "I would do anything I needed to, even if it meant overlapping what you were already taught, if I don't see it fit. You have to be cooperative to that, when I do train you."  She warned, before inhaling a deep breath, tasting the air damp with fog. "Then a chance you will get, if you do as you say you will." She said, stepping a few steps away from the tawny female. She said no more, waiting for her reaction to that, sitting back down. She knew she should leave soon, and likely would right after this.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information
Purchases: Small Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2015, 12:44

~bump~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Time to Move Forward (Ariste) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to Move Forward (Ariste)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1