Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pleasant Afternoon

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Pleasant Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Pleasant Afternoon Pleasant Afternoon Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2013, 11:38

Yawning, the tawny brute stretched, his lithe body unwinding from the cramped position he had slept in. He always curled up as small as possible when he slept, a habit he accounted to a small den and a lot of siblings. He’d been in the small nursery with pups after that, a struggle not to step on tiny paws and tails in the first place. When he finally should have the room to stretch out in his sleep, the winter he had left his pack, it was so cold that he had to keep his nose under his tail to keep it from freezing. He had never had the chance to sprawl out, so even though this den was big enough, he still took up only a tiny bit of room.

Crawling out, he shook himself before trotting off into the woods. Some part of him wanted to hang around the camp and meet others, but his body was still recovering in parts from the hard winter. His hunger and thirst were greater than his need to socialize. He intended to find somewhere to drink and then find someone approachable to ask about hunting. His old pack had strict rules about when and where, and he didn’t want to step on tails by not asking.

As soon as he found the small creek, he put his front paws in and lapped up the water. His body language relaxed for one so new and one so naturally nervous. When he noticed this of himself, he decided it was the result of having a pack again, knowing that he wasn't alone. Even if it was new, it was still family. He just had to get used to it.

That changed the moment he heard movement in the bushes. His head snapped up and his tail went down. The golden eyes scoured the bushes to try and find what had moved, and even when he spotted nothing, he couldn't bring himself to lower his head. Ears going back, he pawed nervously, water splashing around his paws, and then asked, "Is anyone there?" Like the birds and the rabbits would answer a wolf.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Pleasant Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasant Afternoon Pleasant Afternoon Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2013, 15:57

The large brute made his way through the territory now, on his way he had noted the scents of a few deer in the area. He had also come across some smaller animals, mostly rabbits and squirrels. The grey white and black brute did not bother with these animals, they were far too nimble for him. During his time in the pack, the male had not spent much of that time in the camp, most of it hunting and just exploring in general. Ever since he had joined the pack he tried his best to avoid any of the wolves who would demand submission from him, since he did not know how exactly to do this. He also did not trust himself and his temper around some of the more demanding high ranking wolves. In particular he had heard that the Betas of the pack did not tolerate any disrespect. He would have to work on his submission before he faced the male Beta in particular to avoid any physical confrontation, which could only end badly. He did not fear the Beta male killing or hurting him, he only feared being cast out of the pack as a result.

He soon came upon a small body of water, or at least he could faintly hear the splashing of water in the direction he was traveling, followed by the faint nervous voice of another brute. Kodiak sauntered out of the line of bushes before coming out to the small clearing surrounding the banks of the water.

The brute and Kodiak seemed to be polar opposites. The brute with a small, slight build seemed more like an adolescent wolf than a fully grown one, while Kodiak was a rather large adult male, built more for strength than speed or agility. And while the other wolf seemed to be slightly nervous Kodiak seemed rather calm with the situation, confident even. Kodiak could tell the wolf was of the same pack by his scent, but he hadn't seen him before, perhaps he was new? Whatever he was Kodiak hoped that he wasn't like many other pack wolves who instantly demanded respect of him. As he looked over the male though this seemed unlikely, at most he could be of the same rank as him, Kodiak hadn't seen this male around before.

When the silent brute finally spoke after a few moments of looking over the smaller brute he spoke in a neutral tone, his stance in a natural neutral state as well. "I was just passing through here, you smell of the pack. No need to worry I am of the same pack as well." With one last glance at the brute Kodiak slowly made his way over to the water, making sure to keep some distance in case he was still nervous. Kodiak lapped up some water from the fresh pool.
Back to top Go down
Kenai of Helidos
Administrator
Administrator
Kenai of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Pleasant Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasant Afternoon Pleasant Afternoon Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2013, 16:18

Hearing the water crashing down the river, he knew he was close. The Elite moved steadily about the land, pushing himself to full speed. He loved to run, to feel free and roam where he pleased. Lately Steele had not been anywhere in sight, which made him overly joyous. As he rushed to the water, he released a soft howl of glee. When he was finally nearby, he slowed to a stop. He heard a voice and decided to enter cautiously. Then he heard another voice. Kenai almost stopped, but what was he afraid of? He was an Elite. He moved towards the two and smiled widely. "Why hello," he said as he looked over the two. Kenai looked to the two males. One he had seen at the mating ceremony and the other must have been brand new to the pack. "Why hello, I am Elite Kenai and who are you? I wish to welcome you to the pack." He looked to Kodiak, "greetings Warrior, how are you on this lovely day?" He smiled to the two and rested his rump on the floor. He tilted his head to the side slightly, staring at the others.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Pleasant Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasant Afternoon Pleasant Afternoon Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2013, 17:54

As the black and white brute emerged from the bushes, Ramura had the dual sensation of both being relieved that he had been right and somewhat uncertain. His black nose twitched as he took in the other wolf’s scent. Reassuring himself that this wolf was from the same pack he had joined, he relaxed slightly, though he was clearly still very unsure of the other brute. It wasn’t like he hadn’t met wolves that would abuse others in their pack, bullying them just to prove how strong and impressive they were.

That thought was washed away when he listened him speak. The large brute seemed rather disinterested, and that honestly made him wag. Nodding at the information he was given, he still watched him, tail uncurling slightly. Just as he was going to say something, he hard movement again and glanced in that direction. Another strange wolf appeared, this one clearly friendly. Listening to him talk, he felt himself wag slightly.

Bowing his head respectfully towards him, he answered quietly, "I am Ramura. It’s an honor to meet you, Elite Kenai, and you as well, Warrior." Since he didn’t know the other wolf’s name, he left it at that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Pleasant Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasant Afternoon Pleasant Afternoon Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2013, 08:07

Nyx romped noisily through the grass, imitating the frolicking or a deer horribly. She launched her small frame off the ground and over the tall grass, only to nearly lose her balance when she landed. A small yip left her mouth, letting herself fall and roll around in the grass. The apprentice apparently wasn't training today, so another adventure was in order. The sounds of the river made her dart up from the ground and sprint in its direction. Tall weeds and pieces of grass tangled around her legs, making her trip multiple times. Nyx quickly grew annoyed and she bounded through the last pieces of the long plants. The last leap made her land with a splash in the shallow part of the river. The muddy water splashed her pelt, soaking her and getting mud on he muzzle. Nyx shook out her pelt wildly, making it spiky in some places. She ran along the side of the river, splashing more as her paws hit the frigid water involuntarily.

The sounds of voices made her ears perk up, her tongue lolling out of her mouth in a smile. She shook out her white pelt some more, getting as much water out as she could before walking towards them. The apprentice bounced happily towards them, branches scraping against her as she walked through a thicket of shrubs. When Nyx saw that they were all males some of her happy dissipated and was replaced with nerves. She had only met Kennedy and Steele since coming here so these wolves were unknown to her. "Um, hi. I'm Aprrentice Nyx. Sorry to intrude if I'm interrupting."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Pleasant Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasant Afternoon Pleasant Afternoon Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2013, 18:51

The black and white make sat on his haunches now, his piercing gaze falling on the two wolves that had just arrived. Well that was quick he though as he looked over the group. He was going to continue his walk but now the male was slightly intrigued. The only wolves he had met thus far of the pack were two faes, Warrior Chiara and Warrior Aurora. They both seemed pretty nice, and they had quickly become good friends, but the brute was interested in interacting with other wolves.

Before his life in a pack started there were few encounters with other wolves, and almost never did he get to know them. Now that he had the opportunity although, he quite enjoyed it thus far. At times, the male would seem insensitive or rude however do to his honest way of speaking. Once the the who he now determined to be the elite spoke directly to him, he smiled, slightly amused by the way they called him warrior to replace his name. As Kodiak thought over it for a few moments he concluded he sort of liked the title, but nonetheless he gave his name. "My name is Kodiak, I recognize you from the mating ceremony," he said nodding towards the Elite, "The purpose of such a long boring ceremony to announce two mates to the pack still eludes me, but I guess I learn something new everyday," the male added, kneading the soft soil on the bank of the creek absentmindedly
Back to top Go down
Kenai of Helidos
Administrator
Administrator
Kenai of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Pleasant Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasant Afternoon Pleasant Afternoon Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2013, 05:55

Kenai smiled to the new brute in the pack, "the pleasure is all mine. It is always nice to see a new face in our lands. If you have any questions or need help getting to anywhere, be sure to alert one of the pack members to this. They will be willing to help you, I am sure of it." His silver hues averted towards Kodiak. "Yes, I apologize I did not know your name, as we have not yet been properly introduced. Warrior Kodiak it is. The meaning of the mating ceremony is very important. Alpha Azul believes that when two wolves decide to join together, and live the rest of their days in love, that it should be celebrated among the pack. It is a big step and very important to growing the pack, for only mated wolves may produce young, growing our numbers and strengthening our pack. It is the way things are and the way they will always be. It is a great honor to find love. Some will wander their entire lives, never knowing the feeling it gives you,or the pressed fur of a another to yours, sharing a den, and caring for one another above anything else in the world. Looking to our Alphas and our Deltas, before the whole pack, speaking their love for one another, it's a beautiful thing. It proves how much they do love one another and in the event that one of them may choose to break their life bond, then the whole pack had witnessed their joining, and the one who breaks their bond, will be banished."

The Elite looked to the new fae who had wandered into the area. She was rather quite and had unique eyes. One was not the same as the other. Her coat was similar to Alpha Azul and she seemed just as kind as he. "Greetings Apprentice Nyx. You are not interrupting. I am elite Kenai and I don't think we have been properly introduced. Might I ask you a question miss? What rank are you an Apprentice for, and who is your teacher?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pleasant Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasant Afternoon Pleasant Afternoon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pleasant Afternoon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1