Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Downward Descending [Border Post]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Downward Descending [Border Post] Empty
PostSubject: Downward Descending [Border Post] Downward Descending [Border Post] Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2016, 20:44

Nothing.. nothing..and more nothing. That's what the female had been running across lately. She had caught the scent of what she thought was a border about a week ago, but passed it up due to the lack of prey she had experienced while near their lands. However, she'd been running across quite a lot lately, for the cold season anyway. At the moment she was carrying a squirrel in her jaws. She knew it was nothing more than a snack, but every snack helped her survive. Anyway, it had been an easy catch and the only wound she had received was a bite to the paw, only a minor annoyance really. The fuzzy little thing had ran right in front of her, it would have been crazy not to take advantage of it. A single swipe paralyzed it, and the next one finished it off. She wasn't really hungry, but the squirrel was portable and would come in handy if she was left to walk another day. She was so happy about the squirrel that she almost didn't even notice that she had walked over a border. Sadie quickly realized her mistake and went back to sit at the edge hoping that no one had saw. She then began wondering about how stupid she had been to carry the squirrel with her, it had clouded her sense of smell and could have gotten her killed. She shrugged it off, thankful that it hadn't came to that. She set the squirrel on the border and began to clean up her pelt, pulling twigs and tangles out of her fur so that she looked at least a little presentable. She almost picked the squirrel back up, but decided that it would serve as a nice offering to whoever came to get her. She had already accidentally walked across the border once, it wasn't exactly like she could just run off. An apology, at least, was in order, and she had been looking for another pack for some time. Why not this one? She sat ten feet back from the border(and squirrel) then let out a long howl to signal her presence.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Teren
Site Owner
Site Owner
Alpha Teren

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Downward Descending [Border Post] Downward Descending [Border Post] Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2016, 21:35

Clouds of white dust threw themselves up into the air as the Alpha raced around his border. He trudged through the ice and snow, kicking it up as he forced himself to run as fast as he possibly could. He ran around the outer-lining of his lands, making sure that everything was just as he had left it. He made his way through, not caring about the low hanging branches or the foxes that found themselves fleeing from the oncoming predator. No, everything did not matter to him for the moment. All he wanted to do was run, to breath fresh air, and race around his home. Teren was the master of these lands, the leader, the Emperor, the King, the Lord, and only Ruler of Erenyx. That was how it would be for years to come. When he could no longer provide for his pack, a son would take over for him. His blood would keep Erenyx deep in their clutches for generations to come. It was not long before the sound of a howl reached his furred ears. Twisting his head in the direction from whence it came, the emerald eyes stared as he watched the snow clouds fall behind him as he came to a halt. His body spun on its paws, turning in the sharpest radius possible. A wolf was calling to him. Pushing off his hind legs, Teren was on the move once more. This time he did not run, no. He needed to calm his breathing. Running had forced his breaths to deepen and his heart beat at a dangerous speed. It felt as if it was going to burst within his chest. His ears listened for more clues as to who this wolf might be, or if it were alone. As he approached from the east, he noticed a small white figure sitting a good ways from the border. At first it seemed she was on the path to a good start. But as Teren neared, he could smell her recent scent had been dancing dangerously close over his boundary, possibly even within it. He snarled softly, rolled back his jowls and exposed his blackened gums and jagged fangs. He was not pleased. Before him, laying in the snow, rested the corpse of a mere squirrel. What was this? A gift? What kind of mediocre gesture was this? But ultimately only one thought came to mind. She had hunted this prize within his lands and moved to trick him, making it appear as though she were innocent. Anger swelled within his mind, forcing the blood to boil and pump quickly in his body. It scourged through his form and forced his body to take a dominant stance. Tail raised. Head held high. Fur on edge. This was the look of an Alpha, a very very angry Alpha. "Speak now or die where you sit."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Downward Descending [Border Post] Downward Descending [Border Post] Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2016, 22:21

Sadie waited patiently there in the snow, her thick pelt protecting her from it's cold. She began wondering what exactly this pack would be like, she hadn't been in the area long and hadn't really asked around about what the packs were like. In fact, she had no idea where she was. The only thing she knew was this was a border, and she was going to join this pack. That was the end of it. She was tired of hunting alone and catching such tiny animals, she wanted more excitement in her life. It wasn't long before she saw a large black shape approaching through the snow. This shape just kept getting larger, in fact, it got to the point where it seemed impossibly large. The small female had never seen a wolf of this size! Heck, he was nearly two of her. At first she was hopeful, the large male seemed pleased with her distance. This changed quickly, the male suddenly seemed furious. Sadie could only guess that he had found her scent where she had walked over the border. The look he gave her next nearly made her jump from her pelt, she wanted to run, but if she did that she knew that this male would catch her. So, she stayed rooted to her spot. She had not been prepared for this. She could tell that this wolf held a high rank simply by the way that he stood. Her ears were pressed back against her skull, and she pressed herself into the snow, but she couldn't get as low as she wanted to be right now. In fact, it was impossible to get as low as she wanted to be because it was about six hundred feet in the dirt. So, she stayed their and cowered, trying not to shake as the male spoke. "I'm sorry, Sir. I was carrying that squirrel in my mouth, I was stupid not to think of how much it would cloud my sense of smell and I walked over the boundary." she paused for a moment to take a deep breath, then mustered up the courage to look into the eyes of the male for her next statement. "To amend my mistake I offer you the squirrel, and will happily pledge myself to this pack. I've been trained as a hunter, but will accept any rank bestowed upon me. That is of course.." she paused to look away for a moment,"If you choose to spare me."
Back to top Go down
Alpha Teren
Site Owner
Site Owner
Alpha Teren

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Downward Descending [Border Post] Downward Descending [Border Post] Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2016, 16:35

"Spare you?" he scoffed as he stared to the other wolf. As she rested in his presence, he could smell the filth that emanated from her rear. He snarled and continued to bare his blood-stained jaws. He did not like trespassers, and he hated those who thought they could buy his welcome. This small little morsel was nothing. This little morsel was not even enough to tide over the growling stomach of a newly weened pup. Teren continued to glare to the other, even with her laying in a submissive stance to him. There was nothing else she could do, except for roll over to her back. That was what he hated more than anything. Wolves that roll belly up show they have no backbone, nothing of use for the Alpha to use within his pack. She claimed herself to be a hunter and yet, she brought him a despicable prize. There was hardly any meat on this animal. Hell, most squirrels didn't have very much on them anyway, but this one was scrawny. She might as well save it for the crows to pick at, or just throw it away all together. No scent of any animal could cover up the scent of his own musk. He was a strong brute, and his scent was to be well known, especially to those which were coming to these lands for shelter. "So you're telling me... as a 'Hunter', you could not sense the difference in the smells after reaching my borders from the worthless morsel you carried in your maw for who knows how long? You would think for a hunter, that you would be able to sense differences in smells, able to utilize that brain of yours to decipher which was canine and which was not... At this point, I doubt I would be able to trust your 'skills'. Who trained you and for how long did you train? What was your first kill? The great Alpha waited, not wavering from his stance or the aggression which heavily showed upon his form. She wanted to play dumb, he would show her full force of what it meant to be in his pack. But first, he needed to hear what sort of training she had received. She was young, he knew this, but that was no excuse for doing something so foolish.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Downward Descending [Border Post] Downward Descending [Border Post] Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2016, 20:45

Sadie could tell immediately by the tone in the male's voice that this was not working, not one little bit. In fact, it was about as far from working as it could get. The small animal obviously had not pleased him, even though dragging a deer for the distance she had carried that snack would have been entirely unethical. She saw now that she should have just eaten it when she had caught it, if she had done that she probably wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place. Oh well, too late now. She had already reached the point of no return. Lucky to even get an omega rank now. she thought to herself. She listened intently as the male continued speaking, her eyes lifting so she could catch everything, he was making very valid points. She didn't want to admit that she had been paying not a single bit of attention to where she was going, or tell this stranger of her past. Well, suck it up, buttercup, do you want to live through this Winter or not? she exhaled sharply, a bit frustrated now. She had became used to his aggressive stance now, however terrifying it had been at first it's novelty was slowly wearing off. She had to speak for herself now, to respond to this male in a respectful way, but show that she wasn't just a coward. Not just someone lying to save their pelt. She slowly lifted herself into a sitting position, watching the dark monstrous wolf for any signs that showed she was to stay down, then began her answer. "To be completely honest, I'm ashamed to admit that I was not paying even the slightest bit of attention to my surroundings, at the time I crossed your border I was lucky I didn't walk into a tree." her voice was less meek now, and held a completely serious tone. "I was trained in my birthpack from the time I was six months old until the age of two. My mentor was another hunter by the name of Jade. My first kill while hunting alone without the aid of my mentor was a doe, weakened by old age. My first kill in a group hunt was an Elk." There was no talk of sparing now, and she had let a small bit of pride enter those last words, it wasn't something she did often. She awaited the male's words, watching for any hint of what would happen next.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Teren
Site Owner
Site Owner
Alpha Teren

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Downward Descending [Border Post] Downward Descending [Border Post] Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2016, 13:21

She spoke to him, moving her stance to be seated. This was both good and bad. She was feeling comfortable with him. No wolf was to feel that, not even his brothers. He wanted everyone to be on edge while he was around. It was the best way to rule others. He sneered at her, listening still. She told a worthless story to him. Any wolf could form a lie like that on the spot. "Whatever your name is, since you haven't told me... I will allow you entrance into my pack. You will be a hunter, and you will help the others gather food for the kill pile. You may go to the pack center or explore as you wish. But before we part ways, what is your name?"

- Making this a quick one. You may change your name to Hunter Sadie and make sure to join the Erenyx group by clicking "Ranks" at the top of the page and requesting to join. -
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downward Descending [Border Post] Downward Descending [Border Post] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Downward Descending [Border Post]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1