Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Change of Scenery

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Captive Marona
Captive Marona

Wolf Information
Purchases: Maim/Laim

Change of Scenery  Empty
PostSubject: Change of Scenery Change of Scenery  Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2016, 12:35

Winter grasped the land with its final reserves of strength, hanging on tenaciously as it strove to push the awakening earth back. But it was almost over and Mother Earth would have her way over winter before long. It was a relief many hoped to feel, if they survived to see the green of new life. It flowed along the currants of air, making many impatient to see the last of cold winter's frosty days. To breathe the lush air after a fresh rain. For one carnivore, the winter had been a bit hard and she waiting for its hold to break. Only living on her own for a year, the fey looked like she could use a few good meals to fill out her frame. Mice and small birds could only sustain a creature of her caliber for so long. But her creamy fawn colored pelt helped to hide her a bit as she stalked a more suitable target, though thin it maybe.

Shrunken stomach grumbling, the she wolf crept closer to the white rabbit as is nibbled on a bare shrub. Saliva filled her mouth at the thought of the warm blood running down her throat to pool in her belly. But she kept up the stalk as she waited for the right time to pounce. Suddenly, a shift in the wind had the rabbit sitting up, alert to the scent of danger. The wolf lunged forward eager to end the chase and finally have a meal. The rabbit bounded away from the snapping teeth of death, flying over the snow with astonishing speed. This was no sickly rabbit, nor weakened by starvation. But she had to try.

Paws pounding the frozen ground, digging in nails for traction, the wolf followed after the small creature. Her breath burned in her lungs as the sight of the fluffy white tail leaping away encouraged her to run faster. Twisting a sharp about face, the rabbit shot past the fey with such a completely, unexpected move that she tried to turn at the same time. Trying to make the sharp turn, her back legs slid out from underneath her, making her land in a heap, as her prey bounded away to safety.

"DAMN IT!!" she yelled, when her breathing slowed. Snarling she got to her feet, shook the snow from her coat and slowly started walking in the direction she had been running. With another meal gone, the young fae turned her mind to a different matter. The matter of, needing a home. She refused to think of the pack that had banished her, it was still too painful. She wandered for a few more days, catching only a single grouse in those few days because she had been too eager to take down a yearly fawn. The sun shone brightly one afternoon as she trotted on her way, but a whiff of something stopped her in her tracks.  Instantly she glued her nose to the ground, following the scent back to the source. The scents of many wolves mixed together had a seed of hope begin to sprout. It had to be a pack. She had to try at least didn't she? They had food, and she could earn her keep if they allowed her entrance. Lifting her muzzle to the bright blue sky, the fey let go with a questioning summons. Then sat there at the boundary to wait.

Last edited by Marona on February 21st 2016, 11:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Change of Scenery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of Scenery Change of Scenery  Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2016, 11:34

- bump for a Pyrvanthros high ranked member -
Back to top Go down
https://ageofthewolves.rpg-board.net
Hunter Killian
Hunter Killian

Change of Scenery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of Scenery Change of Scenery  Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2016, 11:15

WORDS: 000 | TAGGED: @tag | NOTES: Killian has permission to answers borders, since the High ranks have not

He heard the call from the border and swiftly made his way to the edge of the territory. His blue eyes watched carefully as he sped through the lands. His tail hung behind his form, not rising over his back or anything of the sort. Should any of the higher ranked members seen him, he did not wish to make them angered. He headed for the guest, telling from her call that she was in fact female. It was a rather soothing sound for him to hear. The snow fell gently from the sky, and covered his mostly white fur. When he found her, she much much larger than him, but he didn't care. He was a member of the pack, and she was not. He had the final word here, especially for now. "Welcome wolf, what brings you to my packs lands? I am Killian, a hunter in these lands and have been allowed to answer your call. Do not waste my time, instead tell me immediately what you are skilled in and what you are seeking."

Aye, there is always a crisis

perhaps you should consider living your life during them, otherwise you might miss it.

Trying to make this short and quick!
Back to top Go down
Captive Marona
Captive Marona

Wolf Information
Purchases: Maim/Laim

Change of Scenery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of Scenery Change of Scenery  Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2016, 11:45

The wait wasn't as long as she had thought it would be, and for that the fae was greatful. Marona sat at the broader, staring intently into the depths of an increasingly tempting winter land. Out of the shadows, the lightly colored fae could hear the shushing of footsteps in the snow. Her position relaxed a little, glad to hear that her summons had been answered. But a most intriguing form came from the depths of the trees. A wolf smaller than herself but even more lightly colored. Interest piqued, the young fae pressed her ears forward to catch his words. To her it seemed that he was just trying to hurrying this meeting along, and for herself, she too was impatient for this meeting to be over but it had to happen if she wanted in.

A bark of laughter almost escaped her maw as the male introduced himself as Killian, and a hunter as well. But before she embarrassed herself and ruined what could be an interesting beginning, Marona looked down and cleared her throat to speak. Once she was in control of her actions she looked back up with a sweet smile gracing her maw, though it failed to reach her eyes. "Good day sir, my name is Marona and I would like to make a home within your pack. I wish to lend my service as a hunter. I am skilled in hunting, though I always look forward to learning more. If that is not enough to please you I have a fair nose for tracking." Marona replied with a soothing tone. Her dark amber gaze appraised the male, taking in his size more. At first, she wanted to laugh for this male was small but logic quickly made its way through her brain, making her realize that though small in stature, this male could be fleet of foot.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Killian
Hunter Killian

Change of Scenery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of Scenery Change of Scenery  Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2016, 14:17

WORDS: 000 | TAGGED: @tag | NOTES: Killian has permission to answer borders, since the High ranks have not

Killian looked to the fae before him.She understood his urgency and spoke of her accomplishments briefly. He nodded his head and looked to her. She looked to his body, looking at his eyes. This didn't bother him, he was not a wolf of high rank, so he did not feel threatened by the gesture. Instead, he stayed where he was and spoke out to her. "Since I am only a hunter, I would suggest you seek out either Alpha Magnus or Alphess Chiara. They will be able to tell you if you deserve a better or lesser rank than what I am going to tell you now. But from this moment, you shall be a Hunter. You will assist the pack when they need it to be done, help keep the kill pile stocked and full of food. Right now, prey is hard to find, but if you are a good enough hunter, as you say you are, then I will see no problem with you finding anything. Welcome to Pyrvanthros, your new home. I am heading back towards camp. You can follow me or go your own way, I care not." Killian nodded his head once and turned to walk back to the Pack Clearing. He would return to his usual duties.

Aye, there is always a crisis

perhaps you should consider living your life during them, otherwise you might miss it.

Welcome! In order to be an official member, please change your name to Hunter Marona, and click the "Ranks" button and join the Pyrvanthros group. You don't need to reply to this, but you may.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Change of Scenery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change of Scenery Change of Scenery  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change of Scenery

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1