Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sad Tidings [Azul]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information
Purchases: 4 Character Slots; Graphics Shop

Sad Tidings [Azul] Empty
PostSubject: Sad Tidings [Azul] Sad Tidings [Azul] Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2016, 15:56

though you may walk alone

Try as she might, the Elite could not get her Alphess to return to consciousness. The bite from the adder had been swift and the area had flooded with venom. The Alphess was such a small wolf it took next to no time for the snakes toxin to flood the snowy wolfs body, paralysing her where she was. Nnlya was swift to kill the reptile but it was already too late to save her friend. As Rose lay dying in the forest, Nnlya lay beside her so that she wouldn't be alone in her last moments. As the Alphess faded from consciousness, her Elite remained resolute in her guarding of her friend until she could pass on and find peace in the Other Forest. And when finally Rose's body gave up its last breath, Nnlya sat up straight, her body in salute as she tipped her muzzle to the grey winter sky and released a mournful howl.

Loud and clear the sound would travel across the river and echo off the trees. All would have to know of what had happened this day. The news was grave and so soon after the death of their previous Alphess, it seemed Helidos might be on the verge of collapse. Nnlya of course feared first for their children, both her own and Fenris'. If no new Alpha could be appointed and the pack disbanded, would they survive the rest of the winter? They were yearlings now and old enough to hunt for themselves, but they were still young and growing.

When she could finally compose herself, Nnlya bent to inspect the corpse of her friend, the smell of death already beginning to permeate the air. The cold may help preserve the body a little longer but she had to be buried quickly. The charcoal wolf took the body onto her back, travelling nearer to the base of an old tree by the river. Gently removing the body from her own Nnlya set to digging a grave for her Alphess, allowing her grief and anger to fuel her actions.

She plays. "She laughs." She wonders.

you're worth more than you know

TAG: WORDS: NOTES:

Back to top Go down
http://nnlyas-wonderland.tumblr.com/
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Sad Tidings [Azul] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Tidings [Azul] Sad Tidings [Azul] Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2016, 14:11

DON'T DWELL ON DREAMS AND FORGET TO LIVE
The Elder had been wandering the territories for a while now. He had no purpose to go anywhere or do anything. The pack had suffered much loss and grief in the last few months, but things finally seemed to be getting back to their cheery nature. Helidos was returning to its natural state. He was pleased by this, and so, on this day he walked with much poise. His head was held high as he knew that spring would be coming soon. He was unsure if any wolves had chosen to be mates with each other, other than the Alpha pair. Their ceremony was scheduled to happen within the next few days. Azul was going to be performing it, much like Kenai had done for him and Lucy. As long as he was alive, he would keep the tradition alive. He hoped that he would be able to show another the ceremony when he would no longer be around to give them. He hoped this would be a long time from now, but one could never be too sure. His age was progressing and each day it seemed as though the joints were getting more and more weakened. When everything seemed to be finally returning to peace and joy, Azul head a howl from deep in the woods. It was mournful and depressing. "Not again..." he spoke to himself softly as he charged off through the trees.

Pushing himself harder than he had in a long while, he made his way through the treeline. Once in sight, he could see Kou'hai river. The large mountain range rested in the background. He could smell that two Helidos wolves were here. It was not an uncommon thing within their lands. But the worry set in. Down by the base of a large tree, Azul saw two forms. One was laying there, silent and not moving. The other was digging, kicking the dirt and snow back behind her as she reached for the core of the earth. He could see her anger fueling her each and every move. But why was she digging. As he drew nearer, carefully now, he could smell the distinct scent of death. He knew it well from the battlegrounds, and here he was, smelling it once more. As he examined the body on the ground, his head hung low. His ears rested against his scalp and his eyes looked to Nnlya with sorrow. "Not Rose... Sitka will be devastated... The pack will be devastated. Were you here, for her last moments?" Azul spoke solemnly, unable to raise his voice if he wanted to. Instead of standing there and just asking her questions, doing nothing, he moved to help her dig. They would make the perfect burial grounds for Rose, what an Alphess deserved. What any wolf deserved from their home. As his white paws became tarnished by the mud and dirt, he raised his eyes to look at her. "Are you alright?" He continued to dig and make the hole bigger.
WORDS: 503 || TAGGED: Nnlya
Poor Nnlya
template by Margie @ Adoxography
Back to top Go down
https://ageofthewolves.rpg-board.net
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information

Sad Tidings [Azul] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Tidings [Azul] Sad Tidings [Azul] Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2016, 03:52

The wolf continued to dig. Through the snow and down to the sludgy mush below and beneath that, the dirt, the earth. The more she dug the less her spiralling thoughts could consume her. Everyone was leaving her. All her friends were dying, her son was missing and probably dead. Would the rest of her children disappear too? Would Drogo be taken from her in another horrible accident? Who would be next that she would lose? She felt awful and so very alone in this world. Did no one care about her? They just up and left and left her to deal with the consequences. Stop it, you're being selfish. None of them could control what happened to them. She snapped at herself. Yes they could have! Quinn could've not started that war. Marrok could have stayed behind with the pups. Thane could have stayed in the clearing and not wandered off. Rose could have gone anywhere else but here! She snapped back. The Elite gritted her teeth and continue to dig through the pain that was building in her chest. She wanted to scream, she wanted to cry, she wanted to curl up in a ball and hid away from the world. She wanted to seek comfort with those whom had abandoned her. Love was stupid.

Everyone she had ever loved, whether as a close friend or as family, were leaving her. Her pups avoided her. Drogo would despise her for the monster she was becoming. She was quickly losing herself to her grief and every time she tried to climb out of that hole the mud would give way beneath her paws and she would slide further into the darkness. It wasn't like last time, she didn't have the strength to pull herself out, she needed the help of those she had already lost and was losing. The loneliness was a crushing thing, crippling her mind and yet she had to push on and pretend it was all ok. She had to, for her family. It was the only way she could keep them.

So she dug. And dug. And dug. Sometimes a nail would crack on a rock beneath the surface. She'd dealt with worse. At some point she noticed that another wolf had joined her. She didn't bother to look up. She couldn't bear to. Nnlya knew she might lose it if she did. She had failed. As Elite she had failed in protecting her Alphess and whoever it was would judge her for it. They would call her unfit and unworthy of the title Elite. She deserved it. Two Alphess' had now died while she was at her post, both of them her friends. But finally, when she was close to thinking she might be finished, her forelegs gave way and collapsed beneath her and the Elite surged forth into the grave she had dug for her friend. She let out a low whine of pain and loss, barely able to drag herself from the physical hole.

Nnlya looked up, afraid to see who it might be that had chosen to join her. It was Azul. Helidos' first Alpha and the one to first give her this position as Elite. "I've failed," she whined, trying feebly to get to her feet. "I failed them both. I failed them all." She muttered, trying once more. The charcoal wolf managed to crawl from the empty grave and sagged on the edge. She looked up at the Elder with sad eyes, afraid. "I was here. She found me, looking for Thane. She offered to help. We-we talked and then... then there was the s-snake. It- it bit her and there was nothing I could do." Nnlya looked over at the corpse of her friend, so peaceful in eternal sleep. "I s-stayed with her until the end. She-she told me about Sitka." She gave a sort of half laugh. "She loved him very much. He was going to be Alpha with her, you know? She wanted you to do the mating ceremony." Nnlya sniffled. "It would've been beautiful..."

The Elite trailed off, wondering what would happen to Helidos now. Who would lead them? Sitka and Rose were yet to be mated so he wasn't Alpha yet, but it was Rose's wish that he had been her Alpha. If he was strong enough to take up the mantle, Nnlya would support him. He was good and he was her friend. She just hoped she wouldn't lose him too. It was quiet for a while and Azul finished the last of the grave while Nnlya could only lie there in her weakness. That was until he spoke. "I-I don't know. I mean we just lost Quinn... and Marrok. And now Rose too?" She sniffled, the dampness on her nose freezing in the winter air. Was she alright? Would she ever be?

TAG: WORDS: NOTES:

Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Sad Tidings [Azul] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Tidings [Azul] Sad Tidings [Azul] Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2016, 08:30

DON'T DWELL ON DREAMS AND FORGET TO LIVE
For a long while it had seemed she did not know he was nearby. She dug and dug until her body failed her and she collapsed. She released whimpers and whines, a noise that was unsettling to his ears. Before he could help her from the pit, she was out once more. He continued to dig, knowing she needed some time to relax and get through this sorrow. When he was finished, seeing it to be a decent size for the small body to have her final resting moments, he climbed out of the hole. Nnlya was broken. Her words, they stung so badly. Though she did not make an claims against any of the beloved wolves he cared about, she did degrade herself, which was the worst thing a wolf could possibly do. There was nothing to stop these things from happening, from forcing the lives of others to be lost. Azul looked to her for only a moment, allowing her words to be clearly heard. He moved towards the body of Rose, grabbing her scruff and pulling her carefully into the bottom of the pit. He stared down at her, after climbing out. He sat by Nnlya, looking down at the peaceful Alphess. No sign of pain rested upon her features. The venom was swift and killed with with ease.

"Nnlya, before you were promoted to Delta, there was another who held the position of Delta. You knew her as Beta Juno. When I first met her, I knew she was special and she rose though the ranks, making her place as my Beta for a long while. I see in you, the same things I saw in her. You are meant to be the Elite in these lands. I have never doubted you for a moment. You have worked hard, trained many and helped others. You have stunning and beautiful pups, intelligent and willing to learn. This pack needs you. Even with all the damages that have been done within our pack, we are still strong. We are still thriving. But I do understand your pain. When my mate, Lucy, grew ill... I was depressed and had no idea what to do. Her death ultimately led me to relinquish my throne to Quinn. Please, do not do the same to yourself. You are meant to be the Elite in this pack. Yes, we have lost so much, but there is more to gain. Nnlya..." he spoke as he moved his head to wrap around her shoulders. Like a father to his daughter, he licked her cheek and the top of her head. He had felt like his whole pack were his offspring, especially those he had watched grow and flourish within the pack. "I too feel a loss for Lucy, Quinn, Marrok, and Juno. I hope she is alive, and I hope there are no evils coming to her. I have hope she escaped and is living in one of the other two packs. I fear for her life daily... But I do not show others my sorrow. It is important when you are a figure of the high ranks, to show that no matter what happens, we do not become broken. It will not be easy, but your pack members require it. Get it all out of your system, but when a meeting is called to the pack, I need Helidos to look to you, and know that all will be well. Sitka will be made Alpha, and together we will make sure he gets all the assistance he needs."
WORDS: 594 || TAGGED: Nnlya
Poor Nnlya
template by Margie @ Adoxography
Back to top Go down
https://ageofthewolves.rpg-board.net
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information

Sad Tidings [Azul] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Tidings [Azul] Sad Tidings [Azul] Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2016, 20:58

Nnlya watched as the Elder dragged her friends body into the grave and sat beside her. She looked at her friend, so limp and lifeless. Her body looked wrong. Nnlya gingerly climbed down into the grave and rearranged Rose's position, setting her forepaws at a more natural position and resting her head on her paws. She nudged the tail into position around the hind legs. When she crawled back out of the grave and looked upon the body she felt a little better. Now Rose could be merely sleeping instead of lying dead in a grave by the river.

When she emerged the ex-Alpha had words for her. He told her of how he saw potential in her, same as Juno, and how he'd raised her to be Delta. She remembered. It made her think of Juno though, and how she had failed to protect her friends mate. Now Juno was captured and held by their enemy. Another to add to her list of failures. She felt this weight on her shoulders. With Rose gone, no Betas and no certainty of Sitka becoming their Alpha, she was the one they would turn to. Azul and Fenris held much sway and opinion as Elders but she was the Elite, at present their strongest and highest ranked. And an Elite could not be seen wailing over the death of those she loved. She had to be strong. She had to hold it in for the packs sake. She was realising just how much this pack depended on her, how her reaction to this death would spell community or despondency within Helidos. It was a heavy weight to bear.

The Elders head across her shoulders was of some comfort to her. She missed having a parental figure around after so long taking care of herself. She allowed herself just a moment to relax with him beside her, no feeling to the action aside from a feeling of gratitude towards the male. Nothing romantic. "I never knew Lucy but I could only imagine your pain at her loss. I nearly lost Drogo once, I thought I had, but I was fortunate enough to have him returned to me. I don't know what I would do if I lost him again. I suppose we forget, in our own sufferings, that others have suffered as much if not more." He still had more words for her, ones that echoed her thoughts for the necessity of strength in authority. She nodded and rose, gently removing his head from her shoulders. She swallowed her grief. "You have the right of it. Let us say our goodbyes and alert the pack. There is no time to lose." So she set about filling in the grave, taking one final look at her snowy friend and wishing a final goodbye...

TAG: Azul WORDS: NOTES:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sad Tidings [Azul] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Tidings [Azul] Sad Tidings [Azul] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad Tidings [Azul]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1