Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information
Purchases: Extra Large Wolf: 93 cm

Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Empty
PostSubject: Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2016, 13:59

Fel left to go to Blossom Pasture a little earlier to conserve her energy during the trip. The sun was more forgiving that day, and there were pleasant clouds in the sky throughout the afternoon. They had agreed to meet just before sunset and stay as late as needed. Blaire was with the Autays, as she usually was when things needed doing or Fel didn’t care to see her. Narla was off doing her duties as she was supposed to be. During the summer, both of their training sessions took place either at dawn or dusk - usually the former. As for herself, Fel had finished everything she needed to do today, from security checks to coordinating the systemic schedule of hunts and border patrols, even running a few herself. The healer Crow had left his post and she later noticed his muffled, cackly voice coming from the direction of Desmond’s den. She did not interrupt or eavesdrop, but simply accounted for his absence. Fel would have to stop by again later and hopefully suggest a visit and a dosage of chamomile for Petra.

The fae arrived early and sighed at the unintentional miscalculation of her speed. It had been a while since she had been here. With a deep sniff and a sweeping gaze, it was clear that Eclipse had not yet arrived and that she was alone. Since she was a practical fae, she began to look for herbs that she could possibly bring back to their healers. The region here was fairly shaded and very fertile. After what seemed to be a short while, she found some feverfew, yarrow, and chamomile. Although she did not know how to apply the herbs, she knew their appearances and importances. There were other plants that she did not know, and there were some others that she did but had no room to carry in her mouth. Fel eventually sat down with the bundle by her side and a medium-sized rabbit at her paws. She had not intended to hunt them dinner, and would have little space to carry it home. But it so happened that the opportunity bolted past her snout… and well, what reason was there to let a free meal run away? Last time, Eclipse had mentioned going into the rogue lands for seeking game. Helidos must be having trouble feeding the pack, and although Fel did not devote a single ounce of worry towards this, she might as well let her old friend eat.

Fel licked her nose, jaw gaping to cool off, and waited patiently for the old brute to arrive. Ears like small satellites swiveling for a sound, she sat and focused her senses on her surroundings.

// Rage against the dying of the light
tag | ### | notes: n/a
credit to kenz.
Back to top Go down
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2016, 16:27

Meandering through the dainty trees, Eclipse kept up a good pace as he entered the area. He had not left for the meeting spot early, as he had not done much throughout the day so he had plenty of energy to maintain a quick speed so that he'd arrive on-time without having to set off too soon. It was not too hot and so the newly-made Elder dabbled between the shadows and the sun, for the heat felt good on his joints and muscles yet his dark fur was susceptible to making him overheat despite it being comfortably thin. Thankfully this terrain provided quite a lot of shade around the tree trunks so he wouldn't have to worry much about that, and he wondered if that was why Fel had suggested this place since she had such a long, raven coat that was difficult to keep cool. The brown brute had never been to Blossom Pasture before, but he knew of it. As he glanced around he admired the appearance of it all and the sweet aroma in the air. He couldn't recall ever seeing trees such as these, which each appeared to have a waterfall of flowers spilling down the branches. It seemed almost as if the boughs had once been straight but the blossoms had become so plentiful that the weight had burdened them until they keeled over towards the ground. A slight smile creased his old maw; it was nice to know there were still things in the world he had not yet seen or heard of despite his increasing age and all the experiences that came with it. These lands still held mysteries to him yet.

It was indeed just before sunset as they had arranged, the familiar feeling in the air of the humidity changing and the evening sounds and sights coming into play, letting all know that the night was soon to come. His jaws were slightly parted as he panted softly since he was still a little warmer than he would like. With each intake of breath into his mouth he also drew in the surrounding smells through his nostrils and a small distance into the pasture he caught the scent of a rabbit. Following it carefully through the lush grass, it soon became apparent that Fel had actually pursued this very creature and actually judging by the smell of blood the animal was almost definitely already dead and had only been carried by her through here. With a small huff, he allowed himself to relax from his stalking mode and instead traced the scent of the rabbit and his friend to her location. Padding in the appropriate direction, he discovered medicinal plants were growing in the fertile soil and so he began plucking just one or two stems of each patch as he went by. Ciro and the few other healers could use the help, and since he was one of few packmates that recognised herbs he figured he may as well. He also now kept a small pile of herbs in his old den, ones that worked to help him feel at ease from any physical or mental strain, so he could add to that. Eclipse had not been led far by the hare's scent and he had collected only a small bunch of healing flora before he spotted the black mass seated amongst the bright foliage. She seemed to have already sighted him a few moments before he had seen her, and judging by her patient stare he knew she had not been waiting long thankfully. A tingle of happiness flowed through the fibres of his body, glad to see Fel again knowing she was doing well after so long of not knowing what had become of her. She had said she was a Beta and trained some apprentices, so he knew she had found a respectable position in a pack that appreciated her for who she was and all that she had learned, trusting her to pass that knowledge to others. He was pleased to know she had finally found her rightful place, as he believed she deserved it and she was quite an inspiration for him in some ways.

As he approached, he kept in mind to not be so tactile in his greeting due to her response last time, though he hoped she was not so wary of him now or found it an unwanted display. Pausing, he politely bowed his head low while tucking one paw up to cross his chest as any kind gentlebrute should do. Then he straightened and saw the kill he knew of and looked from it to the fresh bundle of herbs she also had, she'd used her time waiting for him well. He wondered if the hare was to share or if it was only for her, but he supposed she'd offer if he was to have any as it was her kill. When he looked to her, he thought she looked quite regal in the evening glow around the blossoms, though still like her brutish self. Dropping his small mawful of herbs into a sunnier spot for them to dry a bit before the sun disappeared, he also spat out some pink petals that had lodged in his mouth with the herbs he'd picked which had been lightly covered in the fallen petals of the trees. "Room for an old brute?", He asked playfully as he moved around to a suitable closeness before her and slightly to her side. Sitting, he rolled his shoulders back and sighed gently. "It is nice to get out of the pack sometimes. Today I've done little other than some stretching and casual exercise, mostly trying to keep myself hydrated and watch over the pack for any things that need tending to. I guess I'll have to see how being an Elder suits me, but I can't say I'm converted... But enough of my boring day, what have you been doing with yourself since we shared a territory together?" The mahogany male slipped his paws forward, letting his underside rest upon the earth as he relaxed in the shade and gazed upon her softly. "Thank you for suggesting we meet again under more convenient circumstance, by the way. I have been looking forward to getting to talk with you and catch up on things properly that we've missed." He then scanned the area quietly, ears pricked and tail casually whipping and twisting one of the tresses of the tree near to him, believing he'd already rambled on a bit but he couldn't help feeling so comfortable in her company. She was his oldest remaining friend, and being with her again like this made it seem almost as if nothing had changed in all that time since they first met. But of course it had, that much was visible from just looking at her. She had lost some aspects of herself that were there at the start, she had toughened. Though maybe some parts were still the same or had only been built upon. The same could be said for him as well.

Last edited by Elder Eclipse on June 30th 2016, 17:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2016, 01:52

Fel waited with patience, watching how every now and then a sporadic breeze would flitter through and shake some colorful blossoms into the air. As Eclipse entered her field of vision, she was just snorting one of these blossoms away from her wet nose. Her gaze found him though, and not once did they diverge from that route until he finally moved to sit beside her. It appeared that he had the same idea as her and was bringing back some herbs for his pack. She vaguely remembered that he once had a mate with the rank of a Lead Healer. He must have picked up skills out of love and immersion, whereas she had learned them as a necessity for a loner. It was an interesting thought: so many different paths led them to this mutual spot with mutual ideas.

She huffed away his silly greeting, amused. “I suppose, though you really have no idea how lucky you are. This place is fine dining, and I had to make a reservation for a month in advance just to get a spot.” Fel smiled politely at the description of his daily life, though the gesture seemed unnatural upon her lips. Although it was in many ways genuine, it always seemed like those black membranes did not bend upward of their own accord. She took the moment to glance over his unique pelt, as curious as always about his color. She had never seen another wolf quite like him, even now as age changed their features. That color was one of the very few things Fel could ever call beautiful.

Upon further questioning, she gently slid the rabbit over to him with her paw. “I’ll give you a run-down, but first… your meal.” Any initial attempts to share would be countered by the argument that she was not hungry. Fel let her old friend soundly begin his dinner before condensing her past several years into a series of run-on sentences, “Let’s see… I haven’t seen you since before I left Helidos. So, what has happened? I picked up a dying healer, carried her to Quinn where she asked for a quick end to her suffering, indulged that final request, stood my ground after an attack by Azul, was then immediately exiled for being attacked by Azul under the cover of my ‘murdering’ Athena. Then… Erenyx. I tore an ear off of her body to show Teren my ‘finishing’ his unfinished work while still bathed in her blood from carrying her, was accepted as the female beta, endured a sparring match some months later and beat the bloody hell out of my opponent while taking only minimal damage, and was rewarded with a demotion to elite for no reason other than his majesty’s psychotic emotions… He’s worse than a bitch in heat.”

Fel paused for a breath, knowing that the sheer amount of details could be overwhelming if not provided a break. “I met a rogue named Desmond, coincidentally with this sparring opponent. The latter left while I spoke with him; he seemed like an interesting kind of wolf. We had a discussion that eventually led to his final call for the formation of his own pack, to which I of course arrived. I think it is best to follow those you believe in, rather than follow a lunatic out of necessity. Now then, as for Agavos: I entered the pack as his elite and only ranking member, as I was the only one he really knew and trusted. He built the pack, and I was there to provide any and all stability and direction as he settled into his new role. With time, he assumed all of the proper roles of the alpha and appointed more ranking members, so the weight upon my shoulders had been lifted for a little while. I, however, do not like fewer responsibilities. I would probably keel over from boredom if I had to sit around and do nothing… So I took on an apprentice to fill my free time, when I am not managing the pack. Granted, there is not much of this free time, but a couple hours of the day should never go to waste. I met a strange canine at the border, begging to become a pack member. She became my apprentice. Narla has since come very far and is quite accustomed to the wolf experience, and her training will be complete shortly. And just this spring, I happened upon an abandoned pup in my neutral territory scoutings. We had few prospects of offspring, so I figured it would be best to take it to Desmond and request it to place with us. Although her oversight is juggled between the Autays and multiple other wolves, I serve as her primary… owner. And though I do not spend as much time with her in comparison to the Autays, as I put my responsibilities above any training that could be substituted by another wolf, I am her official mentor. Though I do like giving the opportunity of other training experiences with different wolves, and this secures time for my efficiency as beta. After all, I didn’t quite anticipate Blaire coming into my life. But so far, there have been no schedule conflicts.” Fel paused, smirking at the detailed synopsis of her own history she had thrown out… And all without posing any threat to pack security. Job well done, A+. Her tone was matter-of-fact throughout since all of this information was common knowledge. She sat quietly and awaited any questions, though she did not guarantee to answer them. Personally, she was more interested in his general reaction and finding out about his own life.

After giving him an ample amount of time, Fel allowed herself to question him, “So what happened to you through all of these years? I haven’t heard word of you at all… I didn’t even know if you were still among us, though I thought you would be. I’m rather glad I was right.” She looked at his features, a ripple of sincerity coming forth through her furrowed brows. Had anyone hurt her friend?

credit to kenz.
Back to top Go down
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2016, 16:17

Resting near the great fae, amusement sparkled in his eyes. He had been taken by surprise at her initial humorous remark following his playful greeting, so much so that he had been stunned and confused with glassed-over eyes at the time she had made the joke, but now as he thought back on it a warm grin settled on his lips. The brute had never seen Fel in her more chilled out, witty, free-from-duties mode before, and he felt privileged to have actually witnessed her act in such a way, as well as genuinely being amused by her pretending to have secured that one spot just for them and teasing about how it'd been a whole month since they last met. It really was nice that they'd put aside time for this meeting... or friendly dinner and conversation session would perhaps be more appropriate? She had even smiled as he had spoken, and although it didn't seem to quite belong on her face it was good to see her express that she was happy around him. Her pale eyes also were very focused on him, staring at him intently, and so he took it as a sign that although she wouldn't say it in words, she had missed the ageing male. They were old friends, but still it was reassuring to see both that she enjoyed spending time with him and that she was capable of feeling those emotions that she always appeared not to possess. His golden gaze turned from checking the landscape around them to his bundle of picked plants as they dried and that of Fel's, glancing between them and checking off which ones they both had. It seemed like he hadn't missed anything that she had gathered and vice versa, so he was satisfied. Being mated to one of the best healers in all the lands had given him adept skills with the most common herbs, though he wondered how Fel had learned since he didn't think she would've become an adult apprentice to a healer with how busy she was, unless she'd learned years ago and he just hadn't seen her collect herbs while she was in Helidos. Still, it was useful to know about healing and it was beneficial that she had a wide variety of skills to help all areas of her pack, he was only disheartened that her pack was not also his anymore. But so it was, and he would remain glad that she had found herself content on her current path in life. It was just as he finished inspecting the herbs that Fel pushed the wild rabbit over to him, telling him to eat it before she would answer his question. Knowing better than to protest and offer to share when she had clearly given it just to him, he placed a foreleg over its body to hold it still as he began to tear into the meat, his tail still slowly lashing between the low flimsy branches as his orbs steadied on her to listen to what she would say while he lay there and ate.

Several small breezes had danced through the air, blowing plant matter around the pair by the time Fel’s speech finally ended. He realised now that he was wrong to think he had rambled, as she had talked much further. He remained silent and listened to her story of events, internally hoping that she didn’t think that what he had said he’d been up to that day was his daily routine, as he did much more than that normally. He gave small nods, raised brows, and questioning interjections at parts to show he was keeping up with her tale, and a deep chuckle at her description of Teren. An awful lot had occurred, which wasn’t surprising considering the timeframe that had elapsed. There were several years to account for where their two trails within the path of life had diverged. He already knew what had happened with her in Helidos, that was common knowledge to members of the pack who were around at that time as she had killed the ex-alpha’s daughter which brought a lot of attention to her departure. But he’d always known she had not done it out of evilness or rebellion, for that was not her nature to be unstable and petty, she had only done what she felt was right. Fel was very particular about taking appropriate actions without causing detriment to herself and being efficient in taking the right course of action, she wouldn’t have put her rank and reputation on the line just to act out and it would have been a swift and merciful death she gave, not one meant to cause anyone pain. He was glad her explanation confirmed that. The rest was quite a blur with the amount of information given in such a short time and his lack of prior knowledge on those bits. From what he understood, she had joined Erenyx under the pretence of helping Teren finish his slaughter of Athena, later been unfairly demoted and subsequently found some unusual rogue whom she’d persuaded to start a pack she’d be willing to join, and that was where she was currently thriving as her Alpha’s right paw and co-founder of this Agavos pack it seemed. It sounded as if she played a key role in guiding the rogue into leading the pack and was enjoying her position of power and command, which was very much the Fel he remembered, having wormed herself into a very comfortable position as she was of importance and irreplaceable both to the pack as a whole and to the rogue Alpha. With the pause that hung between them, he licked his bloody chops and primed his vocal chords before talking. “Well I must say, a lot of thrilling things have happened to you since I last heard from you and you’ve had a lot of moving around. I am glad you are no longer part of Erenyx, though your departure from Helidos didn’t change my opinion of you as I still find you a noble wolf, and of course that you have done well for yourself even in your old age.” He smiled, clearly not meaning any offense. “I am curious, this apprentice of yours, you speak of her in such a way that it sounds to me like she is not of our species. If that’s the case, then what is she? It would be interesting to meet her and see how she has adjusted under your training.” Eclipse truly found it odd how a wolf pack would accept a different canine, but perhaps this other creature had useful assets he didn’t know of. “That pup you found definitely isn’t ours. In fact we currently have only one mated couple after all that’s happened, so. It must be either a rogue or Erenyx whelp… I doubt that other pack would be settled enough to be reproducing just yet. I hope for Agavos’ sake it’s not the latter, something tells me Teren would like that as an excuse for bloodshed, though he should be rotting away by now.” He couldn’t help but feel a little conflicted over the Beta calling herself the pup’s ‘owner’. Of course he knew she wasn’t inclined to be affectionate, but something about that word felt wrong to him. With a mental shrug, he didn’t think about it much, though he did wonder what happened to her own family but felt it best not to ask. Fel wasn’t cut out to be a mother and that was that, the pup would still have a good upbringing and be safe and more than prepared for its future under her care.

The ex-hunter, Elite, and warrior, stood and stretched, shaking the plant debris from his coat and nudging the mostly eaten carcass over to his onyx companion for if she fancied a nibble to snack on. He turned in a circle to wake up his muscles a little before sitting down in the same spot, waiting for a reply to his question and comments. One of the tree's tresses got wrapped around his neck in the process like a floral scarf, but he wasn't fazed. Smirking, he did not remove it and instead sat still, until she asked about his own history and he then went into a daze for a few moments as he thought of what exactly to say about himself. Would she even understand or care about his lost love and family? Probably not. He'd try to keep it short and sweet. "Ah of course you'd be right, it takes more than what I've been through to kill me off, dear Fel. I've kept my existence quite hidden and I'm sorry we were out of contact for so long, but I wouldn't have even known where to find you to get in touch again. You could've always gotten word to me, you know. Though I suppose with the events of the past few years I have been preoccupied anyway, but now I'm almost as free as a bird, schedule-wise. I have nothing too exciting to tell you I'm afraid. I was made Elite for a while with the promise I showed and I trained alongside Elite Nnlya. Everything seemed good for a while but then following the loss of my mate, Lead Healer Creek, to a planned death before her disease destroyed her, and then losing our pups, my state of mind fell apart and I lost motivarion so I gave up the role. I was depressed for some time but I finally got better, even finding new hope of love but then the fae I had bonded with mysteriously disappeared and I'm sure she is dead. Since that, I focused on serving as a Warrior, which was my position until recently having to take the rank of Elder. Of course there was the war with Erenyx between all of that which resulted in the death of Alphess Quinn, whom was appointed by Azul, to Teren's jaws, which she initiated after he murdered her rediscovered sister. He pulled her strings and got exactly what he wanted, with needless deaths in the process. I don't think it was one of Helidos' proudest moments, it was foolish and not what Helidos stands for, and the pack has been rather disorderly ever since. I only wish I had done more for them when I had the chance, when I had the power to make a change and teach them all. I wish I still had that authority. I'm afraid I'm too old and forgotten to do much now, and my death shall not be worth much when it soon comes but to those few that got to know me." His voice was quite monotonous as he'd zoned out, yet in parts it was clear that he was still emotional about some things and angry about others. He trusted Fel not to use anything he said against him or to gossip to another, and hoped he hadn't ruined the mood. "I don't want pity or to be a moodkill or anything. I suppose I'm just letting it all out finally to someone I trust." The brute's voice returned to normal and he looked to her quietly, offering a small smile as the light continued fading, but the days were long and it would be a while yet before nightfall came.
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2016, 01:25

Fel watched her friend listen to her, knowing both that the information that was revealed to him was not incriminating in any way and that Eclipse would never seek to use this information against her. She simply smirked at his initial reaction, “You’re glad? I would hope so. It would have been a pity if I had to fight you, but then again, there are so many other wolves in Helidos to knock out instead, so our friendship is safe.” Her tone showed humour, but it was the truth. She did not wish to fight him, but she knew that if a war between their two packs broke out, there are many other wolves she would be targeting before she ever got to Eclipse. She cleared her throat for the sudden change in tone when she reverted to her usual gravelly voice in reference to Narla, “We are a pack of misfits, rejects, exiles, and more. Narla fits in with us perfectly. She is indeed not a wolf, but to reveal to you what she is would be to forfeit any element of surprise in battle. But I can tell you that she has the most fiery of personalities but has adjusted to pack life and society very well over these months under rigorous and admittedly dangerous training. She is also the first of her kind to ever set foot upon these packs’ lands, and I am personally glad to have her in my life.” She paused, quietly, “Although if you were to say, stumble upon her in the neutrals with me, there is nothing I could do about it, nor would it be a breach in pack security.” As for the pup, she simply shrugged off the warning, “We have agreed to save its life by taking it in. It is safer with us than with any rogue or under Teren’s jaws, and we will fight to protect our own if necessary. Thus far, no one knows about our find. I expect you keep it that way.”

It was a moment later that his own story began. Fel, unlike her partner, did not nod or make any noise or movement to convince him of her attention. Instead, it was only her unwavering gaze that rested upon him intently with one ear as an aid; the other ear continued to flicker, as always. It was not in the fae’s nature to give extra effort for her attention to be visible and reassuring. The brute’s story held a lot of pain and loss, but she could not express sorrow or compassion for her friend. There simply wasn’t any to give, nor were there any words of wisdom that would help his lost soul. So she stared on with her empty gaze, waiting patiently and politely for him to finish saying whatever it was that needed to be said. The only light portion of the story was the demise of Helidos. It was not that Fel was a wolf driven solely by petty revenge, but wasn’t it just a little comforting that the pack and its leader that had done such a great injustice upon her was faltering? The irony was appalling. And Agavos, on the other paw, was thriving. She almost wanted to pluck Eclipse from that pitiful string of wolves that still tried to call themselves a pack, but she knew it was useless. Eclipse was loyal to the community, and not his rank or individuals in a pack. That was one of the many things that made them so different. They were both extremely loyal, but to different types of entities. But even with his loyalty, it would still be better for him to start a new chapter of his life elsewhere. Fel sighed softly. What a lost cause.

With her usual tone, she picked back up, “It is good then that you do not request that, for I have none to give you. But I can lend you my ear. If you have anything else that needs to be said, I encourage you to say it. You seem to be more lonely than I expected you would be in your favorite pack.” Fel blinked softly at her own words. Shouldn’t she have said, in his pack? How telling was it of her to refer to Helidos as Eclipse’s favorite pack, and not his only one? Did Fel truly even have a single pack, or was her allegiance a mix of experiences? Of course, Agavos was likely the pack in which she would serve out the end of her days. But it was her favorite. Maybe that was why.

The raven wolf lowered her body to lay down calmly in the grass, maw stretching up towards the sky to look at the fading colors. “How many monsters of nature have you seen since we last saw each other, Eclipse? It is such an interesting idea. How many times has nature killed or tried to kill before your very eyes?”

tag | ### | notes: I didn’t proof it… Woops
credit to kenz.

Back to top Go down
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2016, 17:14

It was sad, in a way, that the one he’d opened up to, and to whom he’d revealed most of the recent chapters of his story which still affected his thoughts and emotions, was a wolf least suited to being a comfort or adviser. Whether she truly didn't care or just couldn't relate in order to comment on the matters he brought up, he couldn’t really tell, from neither her features nor any softness in her words. But at the same time, it was a sort of relief to know that she wasn't faking a sympathetic smile or saying something generic that any other wolf could say, like “everybody hurts sometimes” or “life isn't fair”, and especially apologising for his misfortune which didn't help at all. Fel was at least genuine and honest, even if her honest self couldn't benefit him much, and despite her being unable to say anything with regards to advice or support she still cared enough to listen. Her cold intense gaze would have been completely disheartening however if he hadn't been somewhat used to it, and confident from her prior words about how she would not like to be pitted against him in battle that she did indeed care for him. Although, he did detect within her jesting tone that she was also implying there were a lot of wolves she'd rather like to have a shot at killing within his pack. He could understand her bitterness towards Helidos due to her exile, but in reality none but Quinn and Azul had done her any wrong, and one of them was already dead, the other probably not too far behind. Therefore he didn't quite understand her wanting to harm members of his pack, other than the fact she was not one to shy from a fight and she was dedicated to the duties of her post, but perhaps their thought processes were simply different. Helidos was smaller than she might have believed, and so the chances of him having to fight her in the case of a war was possibly higher than she perceived, but he would not reveal that much.

“That does sound like quite the quirky pack you have over there, at the Agavos neck of the woods. It does not surprise me so much then that you have some other creature amongst your ranks, though I do hope to stumble upon her as I'm still curious as to what she could possibly be.” Eclipse paused, furrowing his brows for a moment as he tried to imagine how a new species never seen before in the lands managed to get there, and more specifically why it wanted to join a pack of wolves, even if they themselves were not quite normal and uniform. “I respect your reasoning for not wanting to tell me all about this Narla, though I do hope our two packs should never come to such bad relations that they end up against each other. I'm glad you are fond of her, you must need a friend to replace my fine companionship.” He smirked before adding. “I don't truly doubt the strength or loyalty of your pack to defend its own as you are their Beta, and that's Agavos’ own business to decide what is best, so if taking in pups is part of that then fair enough. It seems as though you're all doing well, and I would not wish to threaten that by spreading word of what I now know as it would be of no benefit to me to endanger Agavos and particularly you, far from it in fact. If anything, my pack should currently be making friends and not enemies. So the information is safe with me, dear Beta.” He was quite sure she would not respond to what he had said, there was no reason to. He hadn't questioned her nor said anything that invited any comment, he was only stating what he thought of her pack and what she should know about his intentions, or lack of, really.

The brute wriggled out of the bendy branch that had snaked around his neck and allowed himself to rest on his stomach once more, jaw slightly agape as his tall ears flicked both to the sound of Fel’s voice and other noises in the vicinity. His long tail lay sprawled out behind him while his vision briefly locked onto the hare he had pushed closer to her, wondering if she would finish it. Then his eyes roamed the field around them, stopping at certain spots and staring as his focus momentarily shifted to what Fel was actually saying. However, as she spoke of him being lonely in his “favourite pack”, his gaze turned to her, silently questioning. Was she implying that he would be better off elsewhere, that he only did not move because of his loyalty to them and not because he could say they were the best pack in his eyes? He'd not said anything of the sort that could rebuke that suggestion, and perhaps it was a jibe at him after everything that had happened to Helidos and the negative comments he made that showed he was not completely happy, which really did suggest that he had little logical reason to stay. The thoughts mulled over in his mind for a short while, making him wonder and more uncomfortable, until he finally spoke. “I have nothing much to add about personal troubles, but thank you for listening to me. I suppose I am a little lonely, though I have a son now. Er… not my own kin, but a young brute who needed my help and I have done what I can considering I have not met a wolf with his issues and frame of mind before. I'm afraid he was exposed to brutal killings of his siblings at such a young age within Erenyx that it has made him fear death for all creatures to the point where he would not eat. But for the record, Helidos isn't my “favourite” pack. I have been there so long, it just is my home. I want to see them pull through the hard times and to help them instead of running away from it. But I shall see how it ends up. Things are slightly uncertain right now, but I joined Helidos for a reason those few years ago. I hope the pack will prove itself to be good once again.” Thankfully he didn't have to think on that subject much more, as she then began to stare at the sky and ask something else. He mimicked her action, glancing over the darkening shades above. “It depends what you mean by ‘monster’. The deaths I have seen since we last saw each other, other than in the war, have all been quite natural and on a normal scale, though devastating, but death is a necessary evil within nature. I have not seen any big disasters, like fires or great storms either, if that's what you mean. And yourself? Why do you ask exactly?”

Last edited by Elder Eclipse on July 24th 2016, 06:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2016, 09:52

Fel watched him calmly, taking the pause while he smirked to fire back with an odd smile, “Dearest Eclipse, you are not being replaced.” Her phrase rang true, but not in the manner he would probably perceive. The words that followed pleased Fel to hear, because although she knew she could trust the brown brute, verbal reassurance and promise was expected. And even if he broke her promise, the damage was minimal. Blaire was the only refugee he knew of, and it would remain that way for a while. She closed her eyes, nodded once, and listened further.

Her orbs remained hidden from all sight, and sight hidden from them as she focused on the stories and surroundings. A soft, dark chuckle came out at the mention of the saved Erenyx pup, at which point she interrupted him, “Tell me, old friend, is it Tye’s or Magnus’s?” She huffed, listening on to his arguably valiant and brave speech about going down with the ship or sailing to shore: the key word there being arguable. For Eclipse, he saw it as staying with and defending his home. He would not willingly trade allegiances for survival or sanity… But Fel, on the other hand, had no qualms with skipping around with bandits and murderers until she found what she wanted elsewhere. There was no such idea of betraying a pack by leaving in her mind, if there was a reason to leave. She allowed silence to stretch between them for a few moments before saying in the calmest of tones, “When the forest is in flames and the sky is falling apart, the life runs away. Only the loyal, the blind, and the fools burn to ashes with their beloved ground… And you are neither blind nor a fool, but you shall burn with the rest all the same.” She spoke not a threat, but instead, her own version of wisdom. Fel stood up on her forepaws, stretching her hind limbs out. They were getting stiff, and she needed to be ready for most anything. Stiffness was never an option, unless it came with a valuable advantage.

Feeling her hips loosen again, the beastly fae sat upon her rump once more and looked to her companion. She softly slid the rabbit back to him, uninterested in the meal. It was not her responsibility to feed old friends, but she did not like the thought of Eclipse remaining hungry. “I ask more so along the lines of nature’s creatures. Felines and bears, reptiles and moose. I’m afraid that I’ve seen too many of them everywhere.” Fel licked her teeth thoughtfully, seeing flashes of tawny fur and wild eyes. Blood flickered and fur flew. She remembered the weakness she felt, and the body lying near the ridge. “When does a life objectively less valuable than yours become worth death? I am usually skilled at this judgment, but I have faltered in the past. There is a difference between the duty of my post and self-sacrifice, but the line is often blurred. I am to know where it is and not risk the right paw of Desmond for nothing, but circumstances make things difficult. What are your circumstances? ‘Love’? Duty? Loyalty? Recklessness?” It was true that Fel almost always knew when a life was worth saving. She had watched countless wolves die without moving a paw, since it was not in her interests to help. And of course, a pack mate is different by default, but the idea is still the same.

credit to kenz.

Back to top Go down
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2016, 14:29

He had been interrupted, and at that moment he stared at Fel with a hard glance as she chuckled darkly. Clearly he’d missed the joke, because he had said nothing that warranted any laughing when he’d spoken of being lonely and helping Ciro. His tail lashed upwards slightly and he wished to growl and defend the young member of Helidos which he cared for, but he didn’t fancy getting into a confrontation with his ex-packmate when she was not any real threat. It was supposed to be a pleasant evening of catching up and exchanging stories, so he would let it slip this time. He regained a cool composure, letting his fur relax and his tail droop onto the grass before she could open her eyes, though they seemed firmly closed as she lay there. “I couldn’t tell you, not that it matters much.” He said simply, not quite trusting the fae despite recognising the name Magnus and knowing full well it was Ciro’s father. Perhaps she disliked one of the males she’d mentioned, or both, from her time in Erenyx. If that was so he wasn’t about to endanger Ciro by giving his name or any other information just yet, lest he ever met Fel. She was a dear friend but she was not a packmate now, nor had they spent any time together in several years. He assumed her to be loyal to him and not to want to bring him or his loved ones harm, but she was not obligated to and she quite clearly held grudges against members of both Erenyx and Helidos, and Ciro was associated in some way with both. Until he knew more, he had to play safe.

He was a tad uneasy with the feeling that she might have some underlying intentions and revenge to deal with. On top of that she had revealed that she’d practically tricked Teren into accepting her as Beta, so she wasn’t a complete stranger to a bit of deceit to benefit herself, nor of switching loyalties considering the number of packs she’d been through. Maybe then, doing him wrong wasn’t such a forbidden concept to her. The old brute grunted quietly and shook his head as if he was deterring a pesky fly. Really, he was batting off those thoughts. Thinking wrongly of Fel and against his greatest view on her did not sit well with him and he would not entertain such thoughts of his friend. He put it down to his anxiety about the uncertainty of things, and that he was extra protective of those back home what with all that and now also how Fel had been acting and putting greater doubts about why he was even in Helidos in his head. Shifting slightly, he licked his maw and glanced at his paws as she then gave him some words of wisdom in a metaphorical format, of the forest burning and the most sensible animals fleeing. He would've stayed silent and just nodded, but her eyes were still shut so she wouldn't have seen his acknowledgement of her advice. Why she was keeping them closed he wasn't sure, but it was good she felt safe enough with him to not think she had to be entirely on guard. “You forgot the elderly and the injured, but yes, I am aware of what you’re saying. However, this is not an immediate life or death situation. If it was, my decision would be clear and I would be gone, if only to take the few I care about with me and away from danger. My life is not the important thing, but living it well, rightly, and proudly whilst I still have it is. And that is why I must try within Helidos, for the better of everyone there and not think just of myself, at least until I lose all hope. If I could be a part of a pack that rebuilt itself, I would be proud of that.”

In the moments after, Eclipse quietly admired the sky as she did, noting how the hues had intensified as the sun grew ever closer to disappearing until morning. He’d always thought that if the brightness of day which provided the world with colour and life had to end and be replaced by blackness half of the time, a sunset was a grand way for it to go each day. Of course, nights were enjoyable too, but for very different reasons. Nightfall was a time for predators, which was equally fitting for a wolf as it was dangerous, if they were not part of a strong pack. The brute cocked a brow and looked to his raven companion as she explained what she had really been questioning and even went on to ask something quite puzzling and unexpected. He did not touch the hare she’d pushed back towards him, deciding he would save it to chew off what was left, plus leftovers in the kill pile, into bits and wrap them in mint leaves to make it more appealing and flavoursome for Ciro to eat later. When she’d finished, he took his turn to comment. “That’s quite concerning, I’d recommend ensuring wolves stay in a small group when going off from the pack clearing in Agavos if large predator are lurking around, or when visiting the neutrals if that’s where the problem is. I appreciate the warning if that is the case, but I’ve not encountered any for some time. I smell them and know when they’ve been close, but Helidos is relatively free from cougars and the like, plus I avoid the swamp.” He yawned slightly and stretched out his rear legs behind him, allowing him to sprawl out comfortably. “As for your dilemma there, it is indeed tricky. When it comes to self-sacrifice in terms of knowing the likelihood is you’re almost definitely going to die, I believe that is solely for protecting those of more worth to the pack than yourself, that being those which provide the most beneficial knowledge and skills, and of course those you love that you know the world would feel like a lesser place without and it wouldn’t be worth you living. Without feelings involved, I would say no wise and valuable wolf in a high rank should risk their life at all, since whatever makes them valuable is needed in their pack. It is selfish maybe, but a pack is only as strong as those who guide it and it is those wolves that will teach future generations so that none of them will be weak or unskilled; they maintain the strength of the rest. But of course it is circumstantial as you say, depending on relationships between the two, the chances of survival, and one’s own personality, instinct and ability, among other things. Ultimately it is the duty of every wolf to protect their own packmates whenever it is reasonable and there are few risks, and everyone wants to protect their loved ones. I think as long as there is a more-than-likely chance of at least one wolf surviving, one might consider taking that risk, but it is one’s own decision to make. I can't really help you unless you elaborate on the circumstances that have made it difficult for you...” He silenced himself, waiting for her to respond while he also kept thinking over what self-sacrifice meant to him and the times he would've willingly done it or had done so before, maybe he was doing so by staying in Helidos. What could it be that made Fel's judgement waver however? Was it that she didn't like someone in her pack she was meant to protect? Was it love?

*OOC - It is assumed they continued conversing about different topics and exchanging stories until early in the night, when they then took their belongings and bid each other farewell before heading back to their respective packs*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinner and a Date (Private for Clippy)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1