Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What To Expect When You're Expecting

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Juno of Helidos
Juno of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases: Large Wolf; Language: Latin

What To Expect When You're Expecting Empty
PostSubject: What To Expect When You're Expecting What To Expect When You're Expecting Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2013, 15:25

Morning dew and the muddy earth below seeped between the toes of an onxy fae as the female lingered with elegance through the tree's shade, around large rocks that stood far taller than her and over puddles that had formed overnight from a small rainfall. The mist from yesterday's showers waft in the air, so new and pure that it eased the mind so nicely. Strands of the fae's fur that stuck out from her underbelly slightly brushed the taller pieces of grass, dampening both her lower ribs and expanded belly. Birds perched on limbs above chirped and sang mating calls to one another in spite of a mate that will soon listen and return the call with one of their own. Movements of what seemed to be small game were sensed with the sound of their feet scurrying away from the wolf's presence. Here she walks; passing tree by tree and watching the littlest things move before her eyes that she never really noticed in while. It was enjoyable just walking no matter how less beautiful the lands usually were, nonetheless, she did not complain. With rainy nights brought silent, damp mornings benefited to those in need of peace.

Juno being one of them, she found herself waking up to the love of her life sleeping at her side so peacefully, so beautifully that she wouldn't dare to awaken him. Fortunately for her, she had managed to ease her way around him as well as to not disturb him as she crept out and into daylight. Now; the onyx soon-to-be mother strolled through the clearing with the command of a Caretaker to be seen for counseling and check-up to see if things have been developing smoothly. She will be more than pleased to know the closest estimation of how many pups she soon will be giving birth to, but only time will tell. For now, her belly was only half the size of complete development, the norm for this time of the stage in pregnancy. The delta had no intention in asking Azul if Lucy were to meet the Caretaker's as well, so the thought just swayed mentally in the air before her.

The image of the opening to a cozy, mid-sized den grew wider in the obsidian pupils that were surrounded with an ivy green in which held a small twinkle of joy and happiness. She could smell the sweet scent of packmembers around her, followed by her own. Soon enough she will have yet to see a friend of hers wander passed to start their errands or maybe even explore. It wouldn't even surprise her if all the Hunters were resting for tonight's hunt. The thought of hunting made her smile fade, the longing feeling to sprint through the packlands like she had before. Yes, there were many pros and cons to carrying pups, but from previous experience she knew it would all pay off.

Head dipped, she peered inside the den to see if anyone was there. "Hello? It is I, Delta Juno. Is anyone home?" Soft, soothing words spilled out of her mouth and into the den.

Last edited by Delta Juno on May 11th 2013, 06:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://infinitew0lves.tumblr.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What To Expect When You're Expecting What To Expect When You're Expecting Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 11:15

The awakening sunlight was utterly gorgeous in the clearing that morning, and though - she would admit - she would rather remain tucked away by Azul's side, they had both agreed exercise would be necessary. So with a kiss goodbye and an embrace that lingered warm on her skin did the Alphess emerge from the den and the grandest of collected roots that preserved it, dipping her chest low at the entrance in a much needed stretch, her hind legs trailing behind in the ceiling's shadow and her rump in the air as a shiver ran delightfully down her spine. Shaking off a yawn and blinking sleep's pesky intrusion from her eyes, she walked forward in the dappled light, weaving through the broken streams of dancing gold thrown from above with little purpose to her wobble. She smiled on her way, to any who met her eye and to herself in her lonesome, lifting her head to welcome the breeze that whispered sweetly in her ear. It was different; she was different, in a way that made everything seem...beautiful. Strange how so very happy one could be when so very frightened.

With the Caretaker's den in view, she decided prolonging a visit for inspection had been put off long enough, so with a last breath of spring and a flick to her tail she entered just to be met with black; black fur. "Oh, Juno," With an awkwardly strained oomph from her lips she sat, her legs pivoting to the side to make room beneath her, and smiled up to the Delta. "I wasn't expecting to see you here. Oh, I apologize, dear, I haven't had the chance to properly introduce myself until now," she tipped her head just so in a respectful bow, her honeyed gaze lingering tastefully though with surprise upon her middle's bulge. "I am Lucy. Alphess Lucy, though there is no need for such formalities here. I hope I find both you and your mate well...?"
Back to top Go down
Juno of Helidos
Juno of Helidos

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: What To Expect When You're Expecting What To Expect When You're Expecting Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 16:55

A familiar voice came from behind her, turning around slowly her eyes widened slightly as the Alphess -whom had greeted her a hello with a small bow- sitting neatly upon the ground, mid-section a tad rounder that hers. "Good morning, Alphess Lucy. I didn't suspect for you to rise this early in the day, I would have thought you would still be resting. There is no need for apologies, miss. You have done nothing but been an honor being our newest leader." Juno's right paws slid forward, the other propping the fae's weight, as her snout bowed in extent towards the ground. Lifting herself back up, her front legs wobbled to keep her balance. Eventually she caught herself and stood neatly, tail drooping at the end of her spine.

"Marrok and I are doing quite nicely. We have been preparing the last few weeks for the pups, mistake me if I'm wrong, but I believe Azul and you are dealing with preparation as well, yes? For the last week or so, I've been explaining how things will go with Marrok on taking care of the newborns. He's a bit nervous and lacking in experience with it all, but I'm glad I have him for support. I'm sure both of us would be a complete wreck without our mates to calm us down." She chuckled lightly, letting it fade into the whispering wind that blew into both of the soon-to-be mothers' pelts. The sun's warmth beamed down on the two, wrapping them in a warm blanket. "I was told to meet here for a quick examining to see if things are running their correct course. Have you been having any difficulty lately? Oh, before I forget, is this your first litter?" Juno dipped her head in apology for her many questions. She tends to ramble when she's nervous around the higher ranks.

Last edited by Delta Juno on May 11th 2013, 06:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What To Expect When You're Expecting What To Expect When You're Expecting Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 20:05

"A little off balance, are we?" The Alphess giggled, the sound thick and wholehearted yet soft like tossing petals as it bounced between the walls that loomed impressively tall about them. Her belly in its swollen glory lifted all for but a moment off the ground as she began to stand in order to provide what stability she could for the toppling Delta, but instead returned to rest with the soil beneath as Juno did so for herself, and with a good amount of grace at that. "Don't worry. We'll have our figures back soon enough. I must admit, I'm relieved to hear that you think not ill towards me, for I've done little more with my time as Alphess than sleep away in the dark. There are some that would not be so kind, so I thank you, but please; rise. There is no need to make yourself lower than I. I won't bite - promise."

She would shift every so often as she listened, her gaze observant and lips unmoving, her hind legs splayed out in a threaded cloth of cream tufts and dappled locks atop the cavern floor of knotted veins and roots. Emerald seas; Juno's eyes, their hue pristine and unusually clear and gleaming with the ferocity of truth, set deep and regal upon skin clad in a coat akin to a raven's. They were Spring eyes, lively and green, and they were the first of such an essence that the Alphess had seen since her own were tiny bulbs of a child's. She was beautiful, in short, and a word as tricky as that was not one Lucy handed out on a whim, for beauty is not strength in appearance but purity of the soul. "You are not mistaken, Azul and I are indeed expecting, and it has been...hectic, for lack of a better word. In truth, Azul has been taking our pregnancy with far more finesse than I, as I'm already a wreck. But without his shoulder to lean on I would've been in pieces by now, absolutely. He really is something.... I'm glad you two are well, and as I failed to do so at the Mating Ceremony, may I congratulate you on finding each other. It's comforting to know that our pack may find happiness yet as both you and I have.

"Oh, yes. This is my first litter, but the instance has been presented more than once in the past. This is my first...successful pregnancy. Is this yours?"
Back to top Go down
Juno of Helidos
Juno of Helidos

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: What To Expect When You're Expecting What To Expect When You're Expecting Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 06:17

"The duties of an Alphess like yourself are one thing. Rest for a litter of pups is another. How could one think cruel of you, Lucy? You have done nothing to provoke such behavior if I am mistaken. In my opinion, you're doing fine. Yes, your duties are limited, but only for the moment until you have your litter. Surely, once we are both through with this we will be back to work in no time. As for getting through the pain, I can tell you it is all worth it in the end. If you are in need of any company or someone to talk to, I'm your fae." A chuckle whispered from the entrance of her mouth. Wildflowers in the distance she could see over the Alphess's shoulder made her smile, but long for the urge to run to them. Their purple and sunset hues taunted her in every way. Fortunately, she contained her wishes before she could even think of moving from her spot. It gave her the idea that once this was all over, she could take her pups out there.

Her head shook lightly. "I am pleased to hear that Azul has been helping you with every thing. I too would be a wreck without Marrok and I thank you for our moment of being brought together as one. However, no, this is not my first litter. This is actually my second. The first one had happened long before I joined this pack of last year, and it ended in-" Juno caught the words in between her mouth at the memory of loosing both her previous mate and pup. "tragedy.. But please, Alphess. Don't take it as something horrible, for I know it is. I wish not to speak of my past and worry about the present. I have no clue as to how many I have yet to expect, but I will love everyone of them. My first was a litter of one with a mate of mine that I met when I was in my family's pack. I fled for freedom and choosing my own choices along with him. When we settled down in late winter, the two of us decided to make a family. In early spring, I lost them due to the wrong place and wrong time. I miss them terribly but it is how life is. Everything comes with a price whether you enjoy it or not. Given my past experience I of course moved on and came across the pack's borders. Now I am happily mated with a male I have no desire to leave and an expecting litter I hope to see."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What To Expect When You're Expecting What To Expect When You're Expecting Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2013, 09:20

"Oh, it will be worth it. I have no doubt about that. Thank you, Juno. You really are too kind, and I apologize for not striking up conversation with you before now. I'm sure you're dying to break in your legs again, what with all the border patrols and members you've brought in before, of which both Azul and I are thankful - very much so. After the children can walk on their own, I'd be delighted to join you on a very, very long run." As usual, the Alphess's lips were curled in a mighty smile, its width touching gently the docility to her eyes, but in time and with every word off the Delta's tongue it was to disappear utterly from its abiding flesh. Her past, too, was shrouded by heartbreak, haunted by Death, and though the explanation was vague, Lucy's expression drooped with the weight of sympathetic knowing. In a moment of harsh recollection and despair, her gaze shone with pity for the onyx fae, in spite of her own hate for what she thought of demeaning to see turned upon one in judgment, and her words were spilt for the judgment of the same with little force behind them to stop their flight.

"I know the pain of loss well, and my sorrow that you, too, share in this knowledge even if but a fraction of what I am plagued with cannot be expressed simply. Losing a child would be...unthinkable, and though I have never been put into such a position, know I sympathize. I can only imagine, if even that, how much strength you were to muster in order to keep yourself from falling apart - as I certainly would've. To see you here, in love and with child; it gives me hope, and reason to keep going on. The price to pay - to a God, to the Other Forest, wherever your religion, preferences, and beliefs lay - can be the death to some of us, but still we live. I cannot stop but laugh every so often at this world's peculiar way of ruling out its fittest, but, as you said, that's life.

"And what doesn't kill you will make you stronger for the time the ruling begins."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What To Expect When You're Expecting What To Expect When You're Expecting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What To Expect When You're Expecting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1