Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finding a Purpose

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information
Purchases: Extra Large Wolf: 93 cm

Finding a Purpose Empty
PostSubject: Finding a Purpose Finding a Purpose Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2013, 16:12

Everything was peaceful. Grand oaks, beeches, pines, holly and elder bushes, and other beautiful foliage were highlighted by shafts of sunlight that filtered through the trees overhead. A couple of birds were singing, and the scent of rabbit was in the air. A flash of black fur flew by in a flurry as Fel steadily galloped through the unclaimed forest. Normally, summer was the least favorable of seasons for her, but she was enjoying today. Stopping by a stream, she lapped up some of the clear, cool water. It brought instantaneous relief to her dry throat, like rain in a desert.

Refreshed, Fel took a moment to breathe in the sweet air. Everything around her was so full of life. Then a familiar scent wafted into her nostrils. A pack’s border was not too far away! Fel’s tail began to swish from side to side, for she hadn’t seen any signs of another wolf in days now. Thinking for a moment, the fae turned around and began to put some more distance between her and the unknown pack border. She would hunt first, and didn’t want any excuse for an accusation of stealing prey.

Padding as silently as possible, she skirted a large area before locating a fairly plump rabbit. Fel crept up behind the critter, the wind blowing the scent of her prey towards her. The wolf bunched her muscles when within sprinting range. In a few short bounds, she was straight behind the rabbit, her tail streaming behind her as she pursued her gift. After a few moments, Fel leaped up a little higher, and managed to land a paw on the prey’s back. With a gentle, clean bite she snapped its little neck before picking it up by the ears and padding back in the direction of the border.

The steady drum of Fel’s paws on the forest floor put her at ease. She liked running even though it wore her out. In her bliss, she almost crossed over into the pack’s territory, but managed to halt a few steps away. Sitting down neatly, Fel put the gift to the pack in front of her and flicked her long tail neatly by her paws. Taking a deep breath, she thrust her head back as a low pitched howl was let loose into the sky. Fel would wait patiently until a representative of the pack whose territory lay in front of her appeared. She thought to herself, Maybe this time I will meet the pack I belong with. The pack that will give me purpose once more.

Thought

Action
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Finding a Purpose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Purpose Finding a Purpose Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2013, 16:30

Long days of tending to his growing mate were taking their toll on the male. For the past two nights he had been out hunting for her and the pack and now it seemed as if a third would welcome him without sleep. Sighing under his breath Marrok padded forward towards the boarder for perhaps there were deer there. Bringing down large prey was difficult, but not impossible for him. Several times prior the Delta had dragged a buck back to the pack by himself, though it usually left him winded and unusable for a few hours. Rest was something he longed for now, but his mind made his weary legs push forward, blinding himself o the fatigue.

After an hour or so of searching the boarder a howl in the distance caught his attention. It seemed as if more wolves were coming forward now that disruption was occurring inside the pack. Rumors of what Steele was doing circulated daily, but the male refused to join into the gossip. Bringing his mind back to the present Marrok focused of where the sound had come from and tracked it to a ways to his right. Jumping into a slow lope the male covered ground quickly until he found his way to a small forest. Moss clung to every surface from the rain that had fallen the previous night. The whole forest took on a emerald hue, making it drip with green and beauty. Still taken by the sight Marrok continued to walk until, in surprise, he saw a black female seated neatly before him.

"Hello there fae, I am Delta Marrok of Helidos, and you are?"
He asked, his voice showing small signs of his fatigue. The fae was of decent size and scenting the dead rabbit at her feet he could already see she was a capable hunter, would she want to join?
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

Finding a Purpose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Purpose Finding a Purpose Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2013, 17:00

Birds flew by overhead as she sat and watched the beauty of the surrounding forest. After a while, she heard paw steps along the healthy grass. Fel observed calmly as a male discovered her, noticing a flicker of surprise flash across his amber eyes before he introduced himself. Silently, she dipped her head in greeting and nudged the rabbit over the border towards Marrock’s paws. Lifting her head once more, she replied, “A pleasure to meet you, Marrock of Helidos. My name is Fel. As of now, I hold allegiance to no one, but I am hoping that my situation can change. I have traveled quite a ways in search of a new pack, if simply to find a purpose for myself once more…” She trailed off, looking down at her paws thoughtfully.

The fae’s gaze shifted towards the rabbit as she added, “I figured that I should at least present something when I met one of you. Would you mind telling me about your pack? I have met many different wolves from different packs, and each one is a little bit different. It always fascinates me.”Her azure eyes studied Marrock as she finished speaking. He was slightly worn, but his pelt looked healthy. Perhaps it was a good pack after all. A small breeze came through the undergrowth, pushing back Fel’s long fur and highlighting the lean muscles under her pelt. When it blew past, her pelt bounced back to its usual thickness.
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Finding a Purpose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Purpose Finding a Purpose Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2013, 19:10

Marrok sat down across from the dark fae. His wariness was leaking out more, but he held enough back to not appear weak before the new comer. Dipping his head to the she wolf he brought his gaze up to her and smiled. "Pleasure to meet you Fel. I thank you for the offering, I shall bring it back to the pack after this I'm sure my mate or an Alpha will appreciate this." He said scooting the rabbit closer. This was the first time a new comer her presented them self with a gift upon arrival, how refreshing. "As for my pack we are run by two wonderful Alpha's and a close knit group and ranks below them. In Helidos we focus more on our own strengths then seeking out vengeance from one another. Fights rarely break out as Alpha Azul believes it is better to solve a problem without confrontation. Prey is also plentiful here as are healing herbs. Now what of you? You say you wish to find a new pack, what can you offer us?" He questioned, his gaze now studying her for signs of a rank.

True she appeared quite fit and capable, but what desires did she have? She spoke of finding a purpose somewhere, what kind? When Marrok arrived during the winter months his purpose was to find a pack where his experience as a Beta could be used, and he found it here. Others found their passion through healer or caring for pups, whereas most settled with defending the pack as a warrior. Curious as to her desires Marrok remained still and waited for her response, his tail curling neatly at his large feet.
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

Finding a Purpose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Purpose Finding a Purpose Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2013, 01:29

Fel blinked in understanding as she listened to the description. It had been a while since she had seen a pack who solved their problems through words, and she had always believed that it was easier to do so anyway. Flicking her ear thoughtfully, she began, “I was trained for most of my life to lead a pack, learning how to leading and deciding hunting parties and battle patrols, as well as solving the pack’s problems. That was in my birth pack.” Her azure eyes clouded over, but for no more than a fraction of a second.

“I spent the last two years travelling from pack to pack, learning new skills and sharpening old ones. I have picked up the basic knowledge of herbs. I am no healer, but I know enough to run errands and assist in emergency situations. Honestly, my greatest asset is my skill in battle. I enjoyed leading charges into our rival pack territory. Most of all though, I like to protect my pack mates. Give me someone specific to protect, and I will gladly lay down my life for them. I just need a place in the pack where my skills will be useful. I am no caretaker of pups, or healer of wounds. All I ever really knew of was guarding and leading. And I understand completely if you cannot use my knowledge of leading, for I am a complete stranger to you, yes? I just ask for a chance to prove myself, and I thank you for your consideration.”
When she finished, both ears were pricked forward as Fel studied Marrock for any expression that she could catch. She had said what she needed to, and been truthful in every word. She knew her strengths and weaknesses and would not try to decieve her possible future packmates.
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Finding a Purpose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Purpose Finding a Purpose Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2013, 05:24

Sitting across from the black fae Marrok inclined his head as he listened. As she spoke more the promise of what ranks she would and possibly could hold became clearer. Leading and protecting were qualities of a higher rank, perhaps an Elite or even and Guardian which the pack was sorely lacking. Perhaps with training Fel could be a good asset to the pack, one that went beyond a warrior. "If you swear your unyielding loyalty to my pack then yes you can have a chance here. The ranks you described just now would require more training and consideration from Alpha Azul, but if you're up for it I will give you the position of warrior now." Marrok said now rising to his feet.

"With your pledge of loyalty and commitment to the pack I now name you Warrior Fel. With time I urge you to seek out higher training or to speak with Alpha Azul about your skills, for I see promise with you." The Delta said, dipping his head to the new warrior. "You may follow me back to the camp or explore on your own. I hope to see you around, perhaps we could spar to see how up to par your skills are." He said, a smirk tugging at his lips. "Welcome home Warrior Fel."

ooc-You need not reply to this if you don't want to. Feel free to post on the pack lands or neutral territories. Also, you can change your name to Warrior Fel and join the rank "warrior" under the ranks tab at the top of the page. If yu have any questions feel free to ask, I hope to rp with you again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finding a Purpose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Purpose Finding a Purpose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding a Purpose

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1