Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A New Calling

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A New Calling Empty
PostSubject: A New Calling A New Calling Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2013, 12:43

As the young fae stepped out from the shadows and into a clearing where the moon light shined bright. She looked up and at the bright, full sphere and took it in for courage. Her bright sapphire eyes took in all the shadow of the forest. As she padded up to a huge flat rock, Shadow caught the scent of wolves. She stopped a few feet from the boarder, but as she sat down she caught the slightest bit of movement in the grass. Lowering her head the scent of a rabbit was drifting towards her. "Why would a rabbit be about at this time of night", she thought to herself. Then she thought again, "well I'm sure it would be greatly thanked of if I brought an offering."

So she slowly stood up, ever so slightly. Only moving when the rabbit moved, so she wouldn't be detected. Moving slowly she was right on top of the rabbit when it bolted. She reacted with in seconds and took off after it. "Let the hunt begin", she thought. Soon she was right on the rabbits tail and with one huge leap and a quick snap of her jaws. The rabbit was caught, and then killed.

She quickly made her way back towards the flat rock. Sat down and laid the offering at her feet. Shadow took a deep breath, lifted her head and let out a howl that was long and joyful. She hoped and prayed they heard her. She laid down and waited.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A New Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Calling A New Calling Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2013, 20:41

Blood. The scent entered her nose and it reminded her of how hungry she was, it had been a while since her last hunt with Eclipse and the scent had now begun to carry her legs forward toward the dead animal. From the smell, she could identify 'rabbit' but also 'wolf'. Aurora was on alert to be sure that it was not a trap. Although, that was highly unlikely at this time. Aurora was not weak, just hunger stricken. Bright blue eyes could now see a dark shape sitting on the opposite side of the borders where at the wolfs feet lie the carcass of a rabbit. 

Regardless of her hunger she approached the stranger with caution her eyes staying on target of the wolf and not the meal at its feet. As Aurora came closer, her gait slow and steady, she could see that the stranger was a female and of a great stature. The female looked young, a little younger than herself, but not the age of an apprenticing pup. "Hello there, I am Warrior Aurora. How may I assist you this fine evening?" Aurora voice was stern by kind as she now sat before the dark female. Her back was strong but now her stomach was louder than her voice. However, the last thing she needed was to steal this incoming wolf's meal that she most likely has killed as a peace offering.

"These lands are run by Alpha Azul of the Helidos pack. We are a strong pack and wise of many forms. Your meal makes me salivate for food and I apologize for my grumbling stomach. It seems as my hunger beseeches me. What is your name and why do you come so late at night?" Aurora spoke again, slightly shifting her weight to try and stop the growling in her belly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A New Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Calling A New Calling Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2013, 21:37

Hearing the sound of paws walk towards her, Shadow sat up and watched. Soon she spotted the bright coat of a white wolf. She bowed her head in greetings and to let the other wolf know she came in peace. She looked down at the offering, hoping it would be enough. Soon the wolf was directly in front of her. She listened as the wolf spoke and then she heard another noise. She thought it was her stomach but it wasn't. For she had eaten only hours ago, and wasn't hungry. Shadow could see that the wolf approaching her was a female, she looked strong and ready for an attack. But fighting was the last thing she wanted.

"My name is Shadow, I have come to join your and your glorious pack. I'm terribly sorry it is so late at night though", Shadow spoke with excitement but calmness. She nudged the rabbit across the boarder line to the white wolf. "I brought an offering. I hope it will be enough to satisfy your hunger." Shadow sat in waiting for the response.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A New Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Calling A New Calling Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2013, 23:55

Aurora was taken aback by the oncoming female, it was not like a wolf to offer a snack to one wolf, but to the whole pack. Surely tho, Aurora would be able to catch multiple rabbits and she would enjoy this feast. However, the meal would have to wait. Eating now and letting her guard down would prove that she was not ready to hold the title she longed for. Aurora dipped her head low and grabbed the dead vermin from the black females paws, and dropped it at her own. The taste of the animal was strong in her mouth and it watered for more. Aurora could not wait to devour this animal, she would practically swallow it, which ruined the meal and the taste but the hunger was strong at this time. Thirst would come to follow.

Aurora smiled at the female and bowed her head in respect. "Shadow, your kindness does not go unnoticed. Time is of the essence my dear, please tell me what your strong-suits are and what you can provide to the pack other than your magnificent offerings. Surely you're a hunter, but I must seek deeper than that. Shadow please tell me a little bit about yourself and then maybe, the possibilities you seek shall be no further than what lies beyond your nose." Aurora dipped her head low and licked the fur of the rabbit. Glee filled her as she sat in anticipation of the meal and the newcomer who Aurora knew had kindness in her heart, despite what Aurora could sense upon the air. Time were changing and she knew that no soul should be left behind for fear that others may take advantage of.

Aurora held her head high and stood up to face Shadow. Patiently awaiting her response. Aurora was getting good at detecting wolves and their personalities at the border. This by far was the greatest and most well respected job, after all, she got to know the wolves before most. She made the final judgement on who made it in and who didn't. So far, none had set her off, or forced her to be crueler than she needed too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A New Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Calling A New Calling Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2013, 00:14

Shadow sat listening, hanging on to every word and thinking of a response. She let the warrior take the offering. And then sat back down, holding her head high and sitting straight, "You asked for my strong suits, I have but only one. For I was alone and have never been in a true pack. I have taught myself to hunt and track. I come from a far off land where my mother had died. My father was never around", a little nervous, she slightly shifted her paws. "I came here to provide the help of protection, for which I'm a strong, but need a little sparing time. For my fighting skills lack a little. But none the less I would lay down my life to protect."

She took a deep breath, "For I am no caretaker of pups, nor am I a leader. I simply wish to make this my new home and to be accepted. For the lands I once came from were rather barbaric." Shadow relaxed and settled down, she took in the sweet smell of the flowers and forest. And s calmly waited for Aurora's response.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A New Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Calling A New Calling Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2013, 10:50

The female's words came quickly from her mouth, they were shy, but forceful as she spoke of her past and what she was good at. Mostly likely, Aurora would chose to bring her into the pack, at this point, it was a definite but there was something that stopped Aurora. It was how Shadow spoke of her father, how a fear and nervousness consumed her, it was like she was afraid he was here with them. 

"You speak of your father with ill-will, why? As far as I can tell, you seem like a great candidate for this pack. With some more chatting, I will be happy to bring you into Azul's pack under the rank of Hunter. First, you must answer the questions of your past before facing the present, or your future will be in the same destruct you seem to run from. Walk with me Shadow." Aurora spoke as she grabbed the rabbit and began to walk away from the borders back towards camp. As soon as Aurora knew about Shadow's past, as soon as the female would speak up about it, then she would be accepted. Aurora could taste the blood one more and her canines began to sink into the dead carcass, salivating over the precious scent and taste that now filled and resounded in her head. A string of drool hung from her lips, she couldn't wait to eat.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A New Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Calling A New Calling Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2013, 11:50

Standing up to walk with Aurora, Shadow slowly followed her. "My past is one of dark times. The reason I speak so ill mannered for my father is because he was never there. That, and he took advantage of my mother. Don't get me wrong, my mother thought it was meant to be, but as for my father.. He didn't think so.", she spoke quietly as she took step for step with the great white warrior. "I only wish he would have come to see me or help my mother fight off the hunters. She was so weak and frail. But don't think I don't respect him. My mother told me he was a great hunter and loyal to his pack. And that he was a great fighter when battle arose." Shades of the past rushed into her thoughts, but she quickly recovered, "I'm sorry for the distance. The past haunts my thoughts day or night." Shadow looked at her paws as she walked. Her ears lay against her skull as she quietly walked with the warrior.

"I'm not against my father I never have been I only wish he would have left me with something. But sometimes I fear that he is watching. Always lurking on the depths of the shadows", Shadow looked nervously over to the dark places of the surroundings. She saw nothing but the darkness. Pricking her ears forward she listened to the sounds of the night. The wind blew, but to her everything was spiritual, so the wind was more then air. It was her mother comforting her. She heard rumors of her father now he was quick to kill and less interested in words. "My father was ruthless, so was the whole Blood pack in which he came from."

Last edited by Shadow on June 21st 2013, 14:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A New Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Calling A New Calling Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2013, 23:18

As the dead rabbit swung from her jaws, Aurora was content with somewhat forcing Shadow to speak of her father. In order to fast the future one must embrace it's past. This was her only objective in getting Shadow to speak. As she listened Aurora knew of hardships within families, but that was nothing to stop you from living. Thoughts raced through her mind but she would save them for another day in the meantime Aurora had one last thing to say. Slowly placing the animal upon the ground she looked Shadow in the eyes and spoke.

"You must see your father inside you, I know I can. I do not know your father, but from what it seem. This battle is not yet over for you. Only time shall tell. Welcome to the pack Shadow, from now on you will be known as hunter within the lands. Your services will be expected at times but most of all learn to live your life by your rules but by abiding Azul's. Warrior or hunter, you will be expected to lay your life should the pack be in peril all other times you are expect to be yourself. It is at this time I shall leave you, you will continue straight through these woods and soon you shall come upon a clearing. That is the camp, there you will make your den and find your peace. I must leave you know to eat in my own peace and find sanctuary in this offering. Good night Shadow and enjoy your stay here in the pack." 

With a bound Aurora grabbed the vermin and began full speed ahead to her favorite place of all within the lands. There should would consume this meal, while thinking of the new recruit. Time would bring them together again, and next time Aurora would be full and satisfied of the hunger and thirst but not of the knowledge of this female who was now her newest recruit.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A New Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Calling A New Calling Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2013, 23:28

Shadow watched as the might white warrior bounded away. She hoped the offering was enough. As Aurora ran Shadow whispered, 'thank you." Soon she was by herself and took stride towards the camp, the closer she got the stronger the scent was. A couple of moments later she came to a clearing. She would sleep on the out skirts of the camp. For she didn't want to alarm anyone so late at night. Soon she found a spot and laid down for a restless night to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New Calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Calling A New Calling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Calling

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1