Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arilyn's Call

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Arilyn's Call Empty
PostSubject: Arilyn's Call Arilyn's Call Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2013, 19:38

The sun was peaking through the trees as Arilyn glided silently through the undergrowth of a green forest. Only a slight rustle could be heard if one was to listen really closely and even that could be mistaken for the rustling of leaves within a breeze. It had been a hard winter on her own but Arilyn had managed to make it through to spring where prey were out in abundance once again. Now spring had turned to summer and she was growing weary of living on her own. Life was hard when on your own and she missed having others around. She was not suited to living a solitary life on her own. She knew she was near a boarder of a pack of wolves. She was quite far from home and wondered if she would be able to join the pack. She continued to pad along the boarder for a while trying to figure out through the scents what she could learn from the pack. She figured out from the scent markings that they were a fair sized pack but their had been strife recently. A few of the pack had split and left the pack. She was puzzled but then she remembered the scents that had attacked her earlier on her walk and she had ran through the boarder lands. That pack was one she had not wanted to join. Now Arilyn understood why their scent was so strong. She finally sat down facing the wolves territory and let out a howl of calling. Once her call was over she sat there a slight wag in her tail. She was nervous but she wanted to belong once more. She wanted to be with the pups who gave her so much joy and she wanted to run with the pack as if they were one.
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Arilyn's Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arilyn's Call Arilyn's Call Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2013, 08:27

A brisk walk and a belly full of rabbit made the Beta have a spring in his step. Life was good in Helidos, mostly since Steele and the other wolves loyal to him had left. More wolves were joining their ranks and his own family was growing stronger and more beautiful every day. Sighing happily Marrok decided to head out to the border by the pine woods. Trotting forward for a few minutes a soft howl made the male smirk at his correct decision.

Surging forward he followed the soft sound, dodging pine branches and brambles along the ways. A few briars pulled at his fur, leaving a clump here and there in the bushes, but he didn't mind much. Seeing a break in the trees up ahead he pushed forward again, nearly jumping into the clearing. Looking to his right to see a fae sitting happily he composed himself by shaking out his fur and clearing his throat. Walking over to her he dipped his head to ashy female and smiled at her. "Hello miss I am Beta Marrok of the Helidos pack, who might you be and why have you come to our border?" He questioned, his voice friendly yet seeking submission due to his authority.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Arilyn's Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arilyn's Call Arilyn's Call Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2013, 17:15

Arilyn saw there listening intently taking in as much as she could about the pack. Hoping that the pack was friendly, and that a new home was found soon, she listened intently for any noise of another wolf approaching. Suddenly there was a stir across the border and her eyes noticed male coming forward. He didn't have the scent of the alpha but she knew that he was high ranking still. She lowered her front legs to the ground and laid there showing submission as he said that he was Beta of the pack. Her tail still waged slightly behind her as her tongue lolled out, she was not an aggressive wolf, but playful and friendly. "Nice to meet you Beta Marrok. My name is Arilyn and I would like to join your pack. Helidos you called it? That is if you will have me join your number." She tried to remember her manners and proper way of speaking to higher ranking pack members. She had been a loner for a while now, and was nervous about making a mistake and it showed by how her ears twitched but that wolfish smile never left her face. She looked back up at Marrok but not making any sudden movements and always making sure sure she kept her body on the ground until she was given he sign that she was acknowledged.
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Arilyn's Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arilyn's Call Arilyn's Call Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2013, 18:59

Seeing her display of submission the Beta smiled and seated himself across from the fae. "Please rise miss Arilyn, your submission display is sufficient and we should speak eye to eye." He said warmly waiting for her to relax. Whisking his bushy tail around his feet his left ear flicked at a bug that was buzzing around it in annoyance. "So tell me about yourself, what can you offer the pack if I accept you? Can you hunt or fight? Do you know healing or are suited to raising pups?" He questioned, trying to figure out where she would fit in best. She seemed playful enough, certainly able to entertain all the pups that had appeared magically in the pack. Studying her further she also seemed sturdy, perhaps hunting or defending would suit her best? It was hard to tell with wolves what path they should follow, but the male knew one must love what they do to do it well.

Thinking over things Marroks mind drifted to when he was young and indesisive about his future. His sister made the choice of healing quite clear at an young age, but Marrok took a while before he went after a defending position of a warrior. The position of Delta then Beta was given to him at an young age for his father saw greatness in him, would he be proud of him now? There was always talk that Marrok's first Beta position was given to the to year old unfairly because of his family blood, but here he had earned it by proving himself everyday.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Arilyn's Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arilyn's Call Arilyn's Call Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2013, 23:41

After acknowledgement that she was allowed to rise, she did so, and sat up as her tail swished a few times behind her. She was glad that the pack was friendly, or at least the Beta was, but that generally was a good indication of a friendly pack. Arilyn's body relaxed and her eyes sparkled with a playfulness that she had forgot since being on her own. As a loner, other wolves around meant more competition. "I came from a pack quite far from here. I don't know how far, but I kept walking through many a season. I no longer want to be on my own as I have realized my calling. I'm not fit to be a loner wolf. I'm suited best to pack life. I have survived on my own taking what game I could on my own. It was not anything special like big deer since a a pack can hunt bigger prey than a singular wolf. I do not know healing other than the basics taught to me as a pup." She paused for a moment and then went on. "The place I am best suited though is with the pups. I don't like to sit still and lay around or fight. I like to play games and teach the young who have so much energy and hopefully a long life ahead of them. Not to say that I have had my fair share of protecting of the pups and myself during my life." Suddenly Arilyn reached back and began biting at her back end to relieve an itch. Her noes came back with a small clump of fur on it and she shook her head with a light sneeze before her playful grin came back once more.
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Arilyn's Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arilyn's Call Arilyn's Call Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 16:37

Marrok continued to sit and listen to the white fae before him. As she spoke of tasks she didn't excel in the Beta mentally checked off rank by rank. Starting to feel like the fae wouldn't succeed in much his heart nearly skipped a beat as she started to speak of pups. Glancing up at her Marrok saw the passion in her voice as she spoke about pups, the excitement of caring from them. This solidified things in the male's mind. Smiling warmly as she nipped at an itch Marrok started to speak. "I can honestly say I am glad that you show such passion in the position of being a caretaker. Mine as well as the Alpha's and another pair recently had pups and they have been a hand full for the few caretakers we have. With your enthusiasm I'm sure they will be well entertained and safe. If you pledge yourself to the pack, it's Alpha's and every member I shall accept you as a Caretaker Arilyn."

Marrok then paused, waiting for her pledge, confident she would become a good member and someone his own pups would enjoy being around.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Arilyn's Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arilyn's Call Arilyn's Call Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 23:11

Arilyn noticed a concerned look that had crossed Beta Marrok's face as she talked about what she was and was not good at. She was starting to wonder if she was trying to enter one of those packs that only took the best wolves, but suddenly he was saying that he was excited that she liked the position of caretaker. At those first few words her heart started to beat faster but she tried to quell it, lest she still be turned away for not being the best in other areas. But then the words she had wanted to hear so badly were said. She nearly wanted to roll around in happiness but held herself back. Instead she contented herself with a tail wag. "I pledge myself gladly to that of the pack, its Alpha's and every member within Helidos. Thank you Beta Marrok!" Her eyes were glittering with happiness, not just for being accepted but for the news that there was an abundance of pups this year. It may have been a tough winter for Arilyn but it must have been decent to that of Helidos and the spring must have been about with prey or the pack would not have had so many born. Se was also glad that the pack was in need of a caretaker and that she would not just be pushed to the side. Finally her calling was being answered, finally she had a place to call home, and finally she was no longer a lone wolf. Arilyn hoped now that the rest of the pack were like Beta Marrok.
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Arilyn's Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arilyn's Call Arilyn's Call Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2013, 06:56

((Arilyn, go ahead and change your name! This post shall be locked for no further replies.))
Back to top Go down
https://ageofthewolves.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Arilyn's Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arilyn's Call Arilyn's Call Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arilyn's Call

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1