Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Travel takes a toll

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Travel takes a toll Empty
PostSubject: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2013, 22:11

Katyusha would follow the beta back to the packland, and take his directions to the Healer's Den. With his directions, and a little stumbling around the clearing, the small fae would finally find the den. With a slight limp, the newest member of the pack made her way to the entrance, leaving a small trail of pink stained paw prints up to the entrance before giving a bark to anyone inside, wanting to make sure she had permission before trying to enter.

The fae had been exposed to many weeks of cold, wet travel, and it showed in her appearance. Each of her paws were starting to show clear signs of frostbite, with the pads on the bottom cracked and worn, causing them to bleed ever so slightly with each painful step she took, causing her paw prints to have little spots and lines of red inside of them. The fae's pelt glistened with small chunks of ice and snow clumped in the thick winter coat she wore. The exposure to the cold and wet day after day began to cause the wolf to go into early stages of hypothermia, as well as the malnutrition the wolf was facing from over a week of lost meals or long travel in the cold. All around, the little wolf was battered and beaten by the environment and the long travel she had endured just to get here.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2013, 19:36

Creek had taken a small nap while Athena continued her gathering of winter herbs. Peace overcame the cream fae and at last she felt at ease enough to rest for a few minutes. Dreams of current events over came her and made her grin widely. Eclipse entered her mind and together they hunted deer larger than oak trees. Joy filled her chest as she ran side by side with him, happy to be doing something besides healing. Her nap was short lived however when a sound alerted her to someone requiring help. Rolling to her feet Creek yawned and walked to the entrance to see a grey fae she hadn't met before.

"Hello there miss. I'm Lead Healer Creek, might I help you with something?" She questioned before the scent of blood and dampness hit her. Letting her eyes adjust to the light she saw the thin fae, her coat slightly dull and blood coming from her feet. "Your feet are bleeding, come inside and let me examine them." She said before turning and motioning inside her cave. Creek went to her stores and pulled out dock, cobwebs and some marigold, crushing them into a paste she mixed in some of the cobwebs till a sticky mass formed. Looking around she then found a few slabs of pine bark, scratching at them with her feet drops of sap appeared. "Here dip your feet in the poultice then the sap, you will need to lie down for a hour until the sap dries then see me once a day for a week. After that the sap will harden your feet while my herbs heal them. While you wait I'll get you some food." Creek said, her face warm with a smile cresting across it. "By the way I don't think I caught your name."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2013, 17:29

Katyusha would give a soft nod as the healer approached, opening her mouth to speak in a rather flat tone " It's a pleasure to meet you Creek. The Beta told me I should visit you about my ailments." she said softly, before the healer would mention her feet, the small greyish fae just nodding again "Oh yes ma'am, the long trip has worn them." she admitted before happily stepping into the den, a noticeably expression of relief coming over her as she was happy to just get off the snow for a short time. As the healer went about collecting things Katyusha would just sit rather uneasily in the corner, still rather timid around the pack since she truely didn't know what to expect of it or the members, although so far they did seem very nice.

Once the concoction was complete, Katyusha's ears would perk, her head just nodding slowly at the instructions before carefully dipping her front paw in the mixture of herbs, and then very carefully in the sap, trying to keep it all on her pads and away from her fur, which she did fairly well at. Once the healer's instructions were complete the fae would turn to look at her "Thank you very much, I truly appreciate the help." she said softly, still acting rather timid, but her tone letting the other know she was earnest about what she had said. Without another word the little fae would start on her next paw, dipping it in the herbs and then the sap before her ears would perk quickly at the question of her name "Oh yes, how rude of me. My name is Katyusha...I'm a new hunter here." she admitted rather nervously, having to get used to being at the bottom of the ladder again.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2013, 18:45

As the new fae stepped in and started applying her mixture to her feet Creek busied herself with getting more sap. At the mention of her long journey Creek nodded then chuckled at being called a formal title. "Please my dear call me Creek, ma'am makes me sound so old" she said with a chuckle. Listening further to her speech the healer watched diligently as Katyusha finished each of her feet and motioned to her fur lined bed to lie down. "There now, now you can rest while your feet soak in the sap." Words came from the cream fae's mouth along with a smile. She loved helping others and seeing them blossom before her care. The knowledge she had obtained in her years had helped her to heal many in this pack, Katyusha here seemed like a drop of water among a flowing river, just one of many.

"Hunter you say? Then I urge you to meet Eclipse the lead hunter if you haven't already. He's really something special, even taught me a little hunting so it proves he's knowledgeable." Creek said with a small chuckle. She had been born with as much knowledge of hunting as a fish does with flying. Many days had been spent with him fine tuning her skills until at last she caught a rabbit with his guidance. A warm pride filled her as she spoke of the brute she cared so deeply for, she was lucky to have him in her life. "I'll go get you some food now, please rest here." Creek said as she turned to go outside. The cold winter air hit her square in the face and made her gasp. Winter was indeed here and that meant little errors could be done concerning her precious herbs. Prey as well would become precious, all the more joy to have another hunter in their midst. Walking to the kill pile Creek selected a good sized hare and brought it back to her cave. Placed it next the Katyusha she smiled and motioned to it. "Here eat and rest, I must continue with my work, but we can talk if you like."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2013, 19:25

Katyusha would smile softly at that "Oh, okay Creek." she said with a smile before moving to lay down at the edge of the fur, still seeming a little hesitant and out of place here, but she was starting to settle down a little. As the conversation shifted to her title Katyusha's ears would perk up, smiling softly "Oh? I will have to talk to him...I could use some help finding good locations to hunt...I'm very good at hunting in the snow...my homeland was frozen most of the year." she admitted honestly before biting her lip softly, seeming a little hesitant that she had opened up that much, but this fae had been very nice to her.

As the conversation slipped into silence the fae would just sit a little awkwardly, trying to think of something to talk about before before she would mention the food, the small hunter turning to look at her again "Oh.. thanks." she said, seeming to perk up a little at the mention of eating, although honestly feeling a little bad about taking something she hadn't earned, even if she did intend to pay it back with more interest than imaginable.

When Creek returned she would find the small fae just resting her head in her paws, the new member snapping back up when the healer entered with her food, nodding appreciatively as she wasted no time digging in, turning her attention back to the fae "Thank you very much...and I won't bother you, I'd hate to interrupt your work." she said, once again seeming a little hesitant, like she was out of place.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2013, 21:11

Creek returned to her tasks of drying and sorting herbs. Each would need tender care before being wrapped in lamb's ear leaves which stayed soft all year round. They would protect the herbs from the elements while keeping their juices inside for further use. Many herbs had been damaged by the frosts, but with the help of Athena many were spared and could be used during the harsh winter months. Hopefully not many wolves would be injured, but Creek would still remain prepared. Listening to Katyusha speak made Creek flick her ears at her to show her attentiveness. "Don't be silly you aren't interrupting me. I'm used to pups bothering me all day, what could a polite grown wolf do? Do tell me about yourself though, I love to hear about my pack mate's former lives."

Creek's eyes flashed to Katyusha who was now seated before her offering. "And don't feel bad about eating that, I'm sure once your feet heal you'll contribute just as much as any hunter here, but first you must regain your strength." She urged, signaling to start eating.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2013, 21:43

Katyusha would watch her in interest, having never really seen this style of healer before, since her home had been a tundra and didn't provide the healing herbs this land did. With a little smile the fae would hear the other's words, her ears perking as she gave a soft nod "Well, I appreciate that, but if I start to bother you feel free to ask me to stop." she said with a little smile.

At the question of her past, the fae would look down "Well...I'm from a tundra many moons walk from here...It was much like this," she said, gesturing to the winterscape outside "Almost all year...and when everything melted for our 2 moon summer, it was very muddy and all of the lower lands flooded. I was a member of a small pack...20 or so members." she said, intentionally leaving out her parents were the alphas, not wanting the higher up's here to get word of that since they may take it the wrong way and think she was trying to usurp them.

After a short pause the small hunter would continue " However at the end of the last winter, our food supply started to get smaller...and it just continued until we could no longer feed the whole pack...after that wolves just started leaving one or two at a time..until there were none left." she said honestly, looking down at her paws "After that I just headed south...thinking the herds had gone to warmer lands...and that's when I found myself here...I know I couldn't survive the winter alone..especially in my condition...so I joined this pack...it seemed like the better choice of the two."

With that the fae would stop, just looking at her paws "And what about you?" she asked, wondering what this fae's story was, before getting a sort of startled look at the rabbit "Oh right...sorry. "she said as she started to eat, ears perked to wait for the healer's story.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2013, 22:09

Creek busied herself as she listened to the fae's tale of her past. Her ears flicked back at the mention of foo running low and it forcing her to leave home. "That must have been hard for you to leave your family. I hope you find happiness here even if we aren't your blood family." She said, sending a sweet smile in her direction. "Myself?" Creek asked as the question was now directed at her. The story of her past had never been asked since her arrival here, but instead the healer gave out pieces to different wolves as she saw fit. How curious it was for a wolf to actually want to know more about her.

"Well I was born to a large pack to the south where it hardly ever snowed. We lived near a beach and I enjoyed spending time in the salty marshes and shores most days. My pack didn't believe in healers having mates for it might cloud their abilities to heal. Thus, my mother gave up the art to have me as a single pup, but taught me all i know. As i grew I caught the attention of the Beta son who prized me, but I turned him down. I loved my work and not him, so the idea of leaving healing seemed silly." She said remembering the event clearly in her mind. "He got mad and events happened to make me want to leave my pack and set out for a new and unbiased one. I found Helidos and have loved it here ever since." She said leaving out the fact that her suitor now lived in Erenyx.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2013, 22:51

Katyusha just nodded slightly as the healer spoke, giving a little sigh "Well...it was, but I had little choice...they left me for they're own survival...and I'm not a pup anymore, so I was able to take care of myself." she said, not mentioning why she was here.

As the healer spoke of her past the small wolf would just nod again, smiling softly "Well, I am relieved to hear you enjoy it here...I must admit it's rather...nerve wracking to be in a new place...alone...and unsure of how the pack will react." she said honestly, shifting slightly as she opened up a little more to the healer, looking up to her and smiling "You said you came here because of that rule...so I assume you have a mate?" she asked, still wanting to hear more about the healer while her paws healed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2013, 21:55

Crushing stems between her paws the healer started to collect juices from herbs as she continued to listen to Katyusha. Her words didn't hit her as hard as before until she asked a question about whether or not she had a mate. For the past few months her and Eclipse had spent loads of time together, hunting and conversing as friends. Creek's doubted her own feelings, but knew she was starting to feel something new for the lead hunter, though it scared her slightly. "Well I have a male whom I consider my best friend, but no I have no mate. Eclipse and I are just friends." She said, her voice rushed and awkward as she looked down. Did she want something more with him? "What of you, any male catch your eye yet?" She questioned, turning the table on her now.

ooc-sorry it's short
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2013, 18:12

Katyusha would nod slowly as she listened to the healer, a rather devious grin coming to the fae's muzzle as she spoke of this male, the newest hunter in the pack just smiling broadly as she spoke "If you don't mind my saying, it sounds like you're about to have a mate...I hope I don't offend." she smiled, softly, almost laughing at the healers question, before shrugging off the humor of it to reply "Oh no...I doubt any male would be interested in a wolf like me, I'm just a scrawny lowly hunter, so there's really no point to be interested in males...will probably just get me into trouble." she admitted, lifting her paw lightly to check on the drying sap.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2013, 20:01

Creek felt blood rush to her cheeks as Katyusha mentioned that. It hand't occurred to her much about her and Eclipse. True, she did love to spend time with him and admired all that he did for the pack. He was a good friend and could always make her laugh, but could he ever want to be with her? She couldn't stand the thought of another fae taking him over, perhaps she did feel more than friendship for him? "No offense taken my dear. Though I wouldn't be so quick to put yourself down around here. From what I can see you are a very lovely fae with good qualities, any male would be lucky to stand with you." She said, smiling again at her modesty. Eying her feet Creek rose to look them over. "They seem dry now, you can return every day for a week then once a week till they grow stronger. Is there anything else you needed help with?" She asked, open to help if she had any further problems.

With this time of year all sorts of things could go wrong. There was no shame in asking for help and Creek had learned quickly that anything could happened. She recalled one of her first days here and having to remove porquipine quills from a fae's maw, or reviving Juno from a cougar attack. Such perils the pack had faced, but that was what made them so strong.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2013, 20:59

Katyusha couldn't help but grin a little at the look of realization the healer had, her tail swaying gently behind her before the healer began to speak again, the fae nodding a little "I am glad to hear that." she replied, before the healer went on " And I thank you for such kind words, I suppose only time will tell about my role in this pack, and whether pups are in that role." she admitted, not so much honest, as understanding her change in role. The young fae had went from heir to her pack to a mere hunter, and the shock of such a status change was still fairly fresh.

As the healer returned to look over her paws the small wolf would raise each one to make her job easier, nodding slowly at the instructions "Okay, thank you very much for your help... Can I get you anything for payment?" she asked, as she stood, still holding a little limp on her sore paws, but more than willing to get the healer food or furs if she needed them, especially after the help she received.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2013, 19:53

Pleased with her kind words Creek dipped her head and smiled warmly at the fae. She truly was a lovely young thing, the pack needed more like her. SHe then offered payment before leaving and it made Creek chuckle. "My dear your offer means more to me then a hundred deer. Not too many offer to re pay my kindness such as you, but I must decline. Just the thrill of helping you was all the payment I needed. I thank you for your offer, but all I can think of for payment is maybe to help me gather herbs when spring comes. Sometimes I need a few more paws than I have, you know?" She said, her voice bubbly. Looking outside Creek saw the sun start to set and knew she needed to refill her water store before night fall.

Glancing back at Katyusha she smiled. "Unfortunately I must be off, I'll see you tomorrow for your paws and we can talk again if you like, its nice to chat like this." She said as she started to walk out of the cave.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2013, 21:35

Katyusha would smile happily as she spoke, the hunter's tail swishing a little as her offer was declined, the wolf giggling "That is good....because I certainly could not catch you 100 deer....honestly in this new land I'm having troubles catching even 1." she admitted, nodding quickly at the request to help her gather herbs "Of course, all you need to do is ask and I will help if I can...although I must admit I will need some training." she smiled, turning her attention to the frigid air of the outside world as the sun started to sink below the horizon.

As the healer spoke again, Katyusha would nod quickly "Oh yes, sorry for occupying so much of you're time, I look forward to talking to you tomorrow." she said before turning and walking out of the den, the cold wind chilling her as she trudged into the snow, having not yet found a den, so she made herself a home against a small rock pile, it wasn't truely all that warm, but it did block the wind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travel takes a toll Travel takes a toll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Travel takes a toll

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1