Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headfirst for Halos

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Lead Healer Cliché
Lead Healer Cliché

Wolf Information
Purchases: N/A

Headfirst for Halos Empty
PostSubject: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2013, 15:34

In the moments of silence among the pack, a fae then realized she was wasting her time with her work rather than the likes of adventure upon her mind. The lands were covered in a light layer of frost from the dark night that morn, brought throughout the early hours was the shining glory above. As it shown down over the regions, it filled the air with tinges of warmth, enough for the frost to melt and gloss the little plant-life in a sweet smelling dew. Continually -  she reminded herself that the seasons were at the mists of shifting to the colder, more harsher times, it was closing their time short to when finding prey would not be so easy for the Hunters and Warriors of the pack. She could only wonder, to imagine the ways around the sparing and killing as she knew little and more on the topic of healing itself. When looking to the skies, nothing more but a simple faint light glowed in her hues - and the wind - it could not feel any better than that as it blew through her creamy tan colored pelt.

Wanderlust decided to take the toll over the female's mind, collecting its gracious power to fill the capacity within and magnetically feel like it was pulling her towards to whatever her paws had in mind. As if she were a piece of metal floating outside the gravitational atmosphere of the earth, Cliche felt like she was floating with each step - peaceful and silently treading behind her not a print in sight. Fortunately, an angel's guard was on her side that day, for she could slowly begin to brighten with every passing second of silence. While her mind remained at ease, the fae took in the intense view of the newer regions to her; it was strange. She didn't know how to necessarily describe it, but it gave off a demonic and eerie color to her surroundings, like she as if she were trespassing on her own pack lands. It sent chills down her hollow spine and throughout the lengths of her body, just as the other places she had visited had, even in the most normal of times. She suspected the entire north to be like this, no matter where she headed, the ghost would always follow.

"Ouch," She yipped oh-so-suddenly as something had gotten in the way of her footing, too distracted it seemed for she had not been paying attention at to what she was doing. Looking to the scratch, she cursed softly as a breath exhaled from her lips, "Oh, fiddle sticks," As she purposely released her long pinkish black tongue to caress the small wound that started to believe, she sighed, So much for covering my tracks. Cliche thought to herself - clearing seeing it was useless after peering over where she stood to see no hope of finding herbs to help cleanse it asides from her saliva. Pebbles crumbled off the sides of the rocky cliff-sides, scaring her to back away from the edge as to see how far of a long way down it was. Going back didn't seem pleasing enough for herself, so the fae searched for shelter to rest and lick away the blood over her scratch till it crusted to a scab long enough till she could rid the want of adventure and return to her den where her herbs awaited her presence once more. After a few minutes of wondering around the terrain, the pads of her paws started to numb from the cold ground, baring the feeling to just enjoy the quiet whispers the wind's had to speak. She wondered to herself as to what it would be like if she could understand what the whispers said, the stories, and tall tales to what they had seen and passed over before. Cliche believed they carried secrets, much like herself from the world for one to figure out. The fae stood still once the climate began to drop and the skies turned as white as an angel's wings. It held no scent other than the pack, but barely that even. Before she could get further lost in her mind, a delicate piece of white glided from the heavens - descending its fall to lie at the tip of her black snout. Her eyes fell over the snowflake, fired with burning ambers, but faded under the bright sky's light to make them seem less orange than they really were. It made her lips carve into a meaningful smile, and then gone the next as her body temperature caused the snowflake to melt away to the black of her wet nose.

And so she thought to herself, lowering her gaze to look away - to be filled with a nothingness left, Nothing lasts forever...

Last edited by Healer Cliché on November 15th 2013, 21:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2013, 17:07

Tye stepped carefully over jagged snow-covered rocks, eyes on the mountain goat that was standing atop the ledge up ahead of him. At least the mist here was only thin, not as bad as the mist at the other cliff-sides. He could see for one. Though the rocks were much more dangerous, jutting out at sharp angles. The ledges too protruded at harsh intervals. He moved closer, swift and silent. Bunching his muscles into preparation for a spring, he prepared to then paused as he heard scuffling noises overhead. Tye settled back into a neutral position so as no to appear threatening to the goat, turning his head upwards to see pebbles raining down and a cream-coloured form whip out of sight from the ledge overhead. It was another wolf. With a brief glance at the goat he decided he'd come back for it later. There was plenty of time to hunt. He jumped across to the adjacent ledge that was sticking out of the cliff-side on his left, landing smoothly and looked for the cream-coloured wolf. She was standing there, smiling as a snowflake melted off her nose. She had the same scent as the pack.

The faint smell of blood hung in the air. Tye scanned her with cool blue eyes, searching for injuries. No outwards signs. Then he saw the drops of blood near her paw. Ah, so it was her pad. Tye watched her silently, mentally noting her form. Cream coloured with tinges of light and dark grey and shades of brown as opposed to his pitch black pelt, sweet-natured features with a body with toned legs that seen years of exercise. Her eyes were a prominent orange with amber tints like the ashes of flames. She began to move again. Tye stayed where he was, tail flicking the air thoughtfully. When her form began to disappear into the distance he called after her, "You should get that paw looked at little miss!"
Back to top Go down
Lead Healer Cliché
Lead Healer Cliché

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2013, 21:01

The cold win blew in short busts with the colorless breaths that drew from her mouth and into the air around her, sniffing the remains of a small hare she had nibbled off some from that morning its self. When only did her ears prick at the top of her cranium and erect outwards - flicking too and fro at the change of sound and movement at her feet into the ground. She was not alone, as it was another opposing force that followed her from a far, and in the distance the faint image of a shadow cascaded within the fog. It moved like liquid to form into the shape of another wolf, much larger as she almost truly persuaded herself to think it was the Master himself. Cliche watched as it stay aloft upon the rock, outlining her eyes to trace its silhouetted features and mysterious presence as she had not expected to find anyone but herself amongst the rocks that hour, minute, or second. The outcome of two wolves meeting in such an isolated place was close to nothing - in which caused the fae to become curious, but whose to say that the wolf was as friendly as her. The case was rare, it seemed, however, the fae found it to be possible if she too could find another much like herself.

Before she could tread onwards, the masculine deep voice of the wraith spoke, proving in protest against the healer's paw. Averting her gaze to the creature, she stood to her tallest - which wasn't very tall as she was small compared to most - easily rising to all long-legged fours and eying the figure with curiosity, "Why does one care as to what or why I choose to keep treading along on a scratched paw? And as you speak to me as I am appeared through height, I am far to what you might think," Taking a risky step further on the icy rock, the healer lifted her eyes to meet the lone wolf's, peering into the darkness to focus on two floating blue orbs within it. Once she had gotten a clearer image of the brute, it unveiled the truth, as it was not the master, luckily. She had been convinced enough as to what the Alpha male was really like, but even then she had no reason to socialize with such, as she had other things to be dealt with on her own, "You must be mistaken to where you have wandered, only a real fool would want to come here alone." Her words were vaguely uncertain, knowing she was the fool as well in their situation, and so she quickly shook her head to dismiss her train of thoughts for it left her with the act of stupidity before another. Looking up with a glint shining in her eyes, the rest of her face was emotionless, flicking her ears skywards in the direction towards the male.

"I am Healer Cliche, and whom may you be?"

When the fae slowly emerged closer, she looked him over with the least of interest. Blanketed in a coat of ebony, much like their ruler, he held the posture of a strong warrior, training her vision to see beyond the stance to actually detail around the toned muscles underneath. He was larger than her, though most were in that case, but she felt no fear to come from it anymore than she did with anyone else around there. With the rudeness in most and the murderous feeling in their eyes, Cliche kept her eyes mostly down as she would walk back to her quarters. Not that she was scared of any of them, for she was never actually frightened easily, but it was because she was afraid if she did meet them into a conversation, that it would end terribly misunderstood to change course of words. Lifting her paw slightly to examine the scratch that dripped two drops to the floor, she lapped at it bitterly, removing it to the ground and putting more pressure away from that paw so it would not hurt as bad, "What is a male like yourself hunting alone, is what I should say... Sorry for the forwardness in being so crude." She said softly, dragging the very creamy white tip of her tail near her hind ankles.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2013, 02:16

Tye chuckled, one ear flicking and said, "I care because while I don't see your injury as a sign to attack others might and they would attract friends." He took a step forwards as she did and continued, "I guess that makes two of us as fools does it not?"He approached her on steady, assured paws sweeping through the snow that cloaked the rocks. From the tone in her voice he could tell she didn't believe her own words completely. Tye knew this was dangerous but he had climbed mountains and cliffs like this in his old pack ever since he could walk. The region he hailed from were full of them and it was almost second nature. Tye slowed to an easy stop a couple of feet away from her as she revealed her name. Cliche, he mused to himself. Wasn't that a phrase?    

"My name is Tye, newly minted warrior of our prestigious pack,"He said with a slight smile, watching her impassively. Her eyes wouldn't look at him. Fear? But what was she scared of? He didn't signal any signs of attack. Perhaps something else that he couldn't see or inner demons. As the drops of blood fell down he looked around. Even on a freezing beast of a cliff like this there should be flowers or some kinds of herbs that would be growing to help heal the cut. Tye remembered his mother ripping a red flower that was growing in a patch of grass on the mountain and making an impromptu bandage out of it to wrap around his sister's paw when she'd stabbed it by accident on a sharp piece of rock. He glanced back at her as she spoke. There was something curious about her tone. It was soft though her words not so much. Tye said, "So far I've only met one wolf from our pack. Two I suppose if you count the Alphess but both of them were absent this morning so it's just me. I thought I would explore as I don't know my way around yet. As a warrior, it helps to defend. What about you? Are you here to seek some fun that doesn't involve healing perhaps?" While he spoke he studied her paw. It would heal in time but infection could set in if she wasn't careful. She probably knew that from the way she was lapping at it. She said she was a healer after all. Still, she was a fellow pack member and as a healer, probably didn't have much experience in things such as fighting. They were sure to encounter predators and that cut would be irritating...if she decided to continue he would keep an eye out for any herbs or plants that would help her recover. It was a bad for her to let that wound bleed. Tye wouldn't have cared if she wasn't part of Erenyx but he had vowed to serve and protect and that was what he would do.
Back to top Go down
Lead Healer Cliché
Lead Healer Cliché

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2013, 13:19

Cliche's eyes flashed a faint orange - crystallized by the little light that peeked in through the morning fog. The brute proved a rather interesting point, though this she already knew. She didn't need anyone telling her over and over what to do and what not to do, however, she hushed herself not to intrude, as this had been the only company she had been provided with in the last few weeks of her arrival, "That's all everyone ever is in this world anymore - a fool... a beautiful little fool..." Her warm tone held a smoothness to her slick tongue, words like honey dripping from its comb to the grassy pillow below. His name held no originality to her eyes, as she had heard similar ones to it before. It was simple, sweet and fitting to his given unique aura, and so she reminded him through her actions that she was not here to simply stand around and wait for something exciting to occur, "My intentions were to of not come here for gun and games, for it was helplessly not my fault as to how I ended up in such an eerie land. If I had of been smarter, truth be told I might not of even been here, but perhaps curled warmly in my quarters." Her ears flicked forwards, dappled with a common taste of attentiveness as to whom the brute reminded her of. He was a neutral being, she believed, much like another warrior she had stumbled upon in the mists of simplicity. They shared common things to their liking, and eventually dispersed to their areas to where they would rest in order to begin a new. His name was still bitter on the end of her tongue, pleasantly reminded of the tawny male from the day of her arrival.

Batting her lashes, Cliche blinked back to reality; and so the fae rose her head and left her mouth agape to speak, "I assure you my paw is fine, all that is needed is a friendly paw to lend in aiding me on a small journey in spite of finding something to hold off the infection till we return to base. If I could find some burdock, or even some basil, I can have the wound properly cleaned and disinfected easily. However.. finding the elements of that would be very slim due to the time, place and choice of weather the spirits have today, unfortunately." In all honesty, the healer felt she was completely fine with how her paw felt, as it only itched a tad, even if she knew it was because of the particles seeping into it from the grounds. She sighed in defeat as she knew it was no use, she had to return to camp, there were more for her to find there, she believed, "I'll be fine, but I thank you for your worries upon my behalf." A short glimpse of a smile appeared on her face as she averted her gaze to part with his, seeing how his oceanic hues sparkled in a way she could not compare. It was like watching the sky during a pure sunny day within the time of bloom, or even the ocean stirring their waves against the hardened rocky shores, "You wouldn't happen to have any other ideas as to what to do for the evening? My schedule has been more or less cleared for a while now, considering most of our packmates seem to be quite independent on staying out of injury and illness. I'm trained partially in the hunting, as I had to fight for myself somehow to of gotten here, so anything that you might put down would suit the situation for as you would say.. um.. entertainment, in a way." She was always willing to try different things, as their life was rather short, and Cliche knew it wouldn't be long before their time would run out. Might as well learn to have fun while she still could.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2013, 19:14

Tye angled his head slightly, tail brushing the snowy ledge. She had a voice like silk. It was type of voice that could wrap around the mind and for some reason, reminded him of the moon. Soft and draped in layers of smoothness but soothing in its warmth in its own way. He said with a low chuckle, "A healer seeking comfort? There's a surprise." Tye closed the distance between them, glancing down through the fog at the shifting snow and ice floes that had formed on the surface of the water. They were halfway up and it was a deep drop down. Tye blinked as she batted her eyes at him, slightly bemused. Did she have something in her eye as well as the scratched paw? He looked up then down, peering through the mist for any alcoves or hollow caves that may have been carved into the mountain over time. Tye's ears perked up at her suggestion. He was dubious though. Finding those items would be next to impossible under these conditions which she knew.

He looked back at her, sensing her gaze on him only to see her avert her eyes and a brief smile. Tye dismissed the action from his mind after a lingering thought. He had never understood females, only that they tended to be emotionally charged according to his brother and given up long ago in trying to decipher the meanings behind every intricate action. He stood there, pondering what to do. The mountain goat was probably still down there but he couldn't leave her. He wasn't sure she could defend herself in these conditions. Even Tye would have some difficulty with the wind and narrow spaces to fight if need be. There were barely any slopes on these mountains. As the wind picked up, battering their bodies with vicious gusts Tye lowered his head instinctively to shield himself from the cold and raised his voice to be heard over he noise, "There's a goat further down! We can attack it together!"
Back to top Go down
Lead Healer Cliché
Lead Healer Cliché

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2013, 14:03

The delicacy of her body couldn't stop itself from shaking away the cold that iced her bones to freezing point. Her teeth chattered against each other, clicking helplessly in the attempt to rid herself in the right directions of her body to block the wind from her hazy ambers. As she nodded to him, she waited patiently for the few moments of wind to pass until she lifted her head to look into his direction to where he mentioned the prey would be, "I must warn you. I am but of only a Healer, so if the prey is not ours to take, you might have to take the lead upon the situation if we're having dinner, Warrior." Her words smoothed through the gusts of wind that roared onwards as they walked in graceful strides. Her paws felt numb below, but Cliche made sure to get rid of all complaints as she was the one to agree to this. She wanted to learn to what it was like as a Warrior, or possibly a Hunter, as there was only so much time to waste in their lives away. A wolf was typically assigned to one thing to perform under expectations throughout their life, but Cliche knew better than to obey to such facts. Bending the rules of nature was just a way of leaving her mark on the society's lifestyle, like faes are proved to be less skillful to males, which she found crude and annoying most of all. It made her eyes roll slightly to the side as she thought, shaking her head lightly until she stopped and looked over to Tye.

Using him as a wall from the wind, as he was a bit bigger in height and mass, Cliche slowly moved to his side, almost feeling the heat of his body radiate onto hers. Whether or not she was imagining it, she didn't care - just as long as she would stay equally pleased. Narrowing her gaze with mere concern, Cliche flickered her ears too and fro as she thought to herself on the basics. She reminded herself of when she would watch Warriors fight and attack each other from her previous pack - before it was divided, that is. There were no Hunters then, as the rank of a Warrior played the same role as both. Nodding once, she got the picture after a little thought processing and swiftly quickened her pace after the scent that caught her nose. When finally the outline of the goat appeared in through the fog, Cliche cocked her chin forwards, making sure that Tye could see her. Waiting for her cue, she clawed at the ground silently, hunching her shoulder muscles like she remembered and lowering her tail to the ground. The position itself and the sort of predicament she was directed in almost shot a pure adrenaline through her body. She wanted to pounce, and do it quickly. But she stopped herself to wait, looking to Tye to when he was ready to chase along its side, with the help of her being the distraction.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2013, 05:16

Tye almost smiled but caught himself at her words. Of course, she was only a healer and he had forgotten that. Healers weren't built to fight traditionally which was why they were assigned the rank they were. He looked at her and said, "Of course my apologies I forgot. You are only a healer after all." As she shook, he mentally noted to search for the nearest hollowed out cave or eaten out hole in the mountain-side for the both of them to hide in for warmth. Wolves had thick fur but up here the cold had the ability to sneak under their skins, clawing icy fingers across their bodies until it left death's touch on them. The winds would rush and howl and further up, it would be sure to be so deafening they probably wouldn't be able to hear it each other. If he were by himself, Tye probably would've dared to venture up there but he wasn't and to him, loyalty to the pack was always first and foremost. He looked to the side as he felt her brush against him briefly. For warmth, he presumed. But Tye was curious. She seemed more confident than before. Tye had seen a grand total of five healers in his life. Strange on the outset because they should be as plentiful as warriors and hunters but Tye's circumstances had been one where healers were either killed for failing to do their jobs or in a fit of rage from tending to the wolves they were trying to save. As it was, four healers had been killed during his time at his former pack and Alphess had forbade anymore after that. Needless to say, he had grown accustomed to healers who had as equal as bite as their bark. It had been a necessity which was why the healers in his former pack had ended up being a fascinating hybrid of healer and warriors. The second half of that equation was often sub-par to the real thing. Healers were primarily healers after all but they learned how to defend themselves. Tye wondered if Cliche had the same ability. Gender played no part, only skill and determination.

"Hey remember not to fall!" Tye called, his voice climbing over the wind. He watched her, slightly amused. He guessed he had been right. This healer, Cliche, was far more than meets the eye. It seemed like she was prepared to chase it but he couldn't risk her slipping and falling. He didn't know how much experience she had. Surely, she was taught by her parents when she was growing up to hunt game but most likely not in any kinds of conditions like these. Tye was bred and born on them though. However he had extended the invitation and she accepted knowing the consequences. That was admirable indeed. He padded up beside her, eyes trained on the goat and leaned down, whispering in her ear, "Stay close to me and follow my lead. When I corner the goat and pounce, it'll struggle and try to headbutt me. That's when you attack. Aim for its legs to immobilize."He straightened, gazing at the goat in the distance. A shiver of excitement skittered down his spine. He could taste it in the air. And he knew she could too. It was the thrill of the hunt, instinctive to every wolf. He lowered his head, approaching the goat with measured, silent steps. It was ripping a plant out of the earth, its back towards him. Tye slunk closer and closer, movements lithe and calm his eyes glued onto the goat. His hackles raised and in a flurry of snow and wind he vaulted towards the creature, paws pounding the rock ground beneath. The goat turned, seeing him just as he tackled it. It brayed, ramming its horns into his shoulder-though it had probably been aiming for his face. Tye released it, snapping at its legs. It backed away, still trying to hit Tye with its massive horns. Tye advanced on it, tail lifted high and ears flat against his skull. His stature served him well for with his broad frame and height as well as his pure black pelt he looked intimidating, like a demon from hell. And so the demon lunged again, a black blur in a storm of frozen white and granite, jaws locking around the goat's neck and dragged it down viciously. Hot blood flooded his muzzle, filling his throat.
Back to top Go down
Lead Healer Cliché
Lead Healer Cliché

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2013, 09:53

Quickly following after as she nodded to his simple words of advise, taking them to key, she stalked on all fours towards the goat. It's coat differed from the male as well as hers, only to be covered in a wholly fur as white as the snow clouding around its hooves. When Tye found his position of attack, Cliche knew to take hers, leaping around the side of the goat in order to catch its blindside as it was busy bucking his horns to ward him off. This would disable the costs of spotting her, as she was small, and if she were lucky, the goat would stay distracted with the male. Her jaws opened slightly agape as she released a lowly growl, working forwards to finally pounce and grab at his back leg. It kicked back on her as it moved in reverse to Tye's intimidation. Though she held strong, clenching her jaw to its maximum pressure of bite to hear the squealing of the goat's windpipes yip throughout the rocky terrain like a banshee in the night. She then released her teeth from the leg, backing away quickly before she could be kicked again. Her rib hurt slightly, but at least it was only a bit of pain rather than the fact it could be severely worse. With the help of strength in numbers, Tye had managed to tackle the creature to the ground in no time, watching as the bones in the leg she bit snap back as it made a loud thud to when it met the icy floor.

The flow of the velvety substance oozed out from the wounds to that he created with his marvelous fighting ability - careful not to land specifically underneath the weight of the goat especially. Just as she was beginning to get lost in the holiness of the becoming presence of their meal, Cliche shook her thoughts away and put forth her efforts to help him carry it back to where he wished. The corpse's weight was quite heavy for her to lift, but she managed with what she had and kept holding on. As she remembered to where he had been looking earlier, the fae dragged the body up towards a higher region and settled it in the cave. The fact that it blocked off a majority of the gusts of wind that made her shiver was a bonus, asides from its beneficial structure to fit their size. Looking to Tye from the corner of her eyes, she smiled and turned her body excitedly into an entire circle, "That was so much fun!" She laughed happily before him, simply nodding in a slight gesture of respect to him as he allowed her to help. As her soft ambers washed over his frame wondrously, she moved close to see a small scratch in his shoulder. Cliche presume it to be because of the goat, but instead of thinking more on it, the healer slowly lowered her snout to the wound and lapped her tongue along it till she knew it was clear. Her ears bent back as she backed up from him, keeping her head down lightly as she felt a little bothersome to his privacy of space. It was a habit; like a mother with her pup, it was out of mere instinct to help another, "Thank you for letting me tag along. Some of the warriors around here wouldn't let me as a healer go even fifty feet of their kill, no matter how kind I am..." Cliche's words eased back to their normal smooth, soft sound, lightly shrugging her shoulders as she was now used to the idea.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2013, 07:30

In howling of the icy wind the sound of the goat's vertebrae snapping at the neck managed to puncture the air like a whip as Tye twisted the head to the side quickly and ruthlessly to finish the job. The goat stopped moving instantly, its blood pooling down into its woolly coat staining it with crimson red. The blood-lust receded in Tye's eyes making them calm again. He peered over the goat's horns at her, dangling from his jaws by its neck as the bones in its legs shattered on impact after she attacked. Snow whisked into the air in a fine arc, spattering their pelts. Tye's gaze lingered on her for a brief second before heading towards the hollowed out cave with the goat in tow its broken legs making trails in the snow-covered ledge. The rocks had been hacked away at by time to form the cave, an oddity in itself. Together with Cliche he hauled the dead goat deep inside and set it down on the floor. It wasn't a deep cave but it was comfortable enough to squeeze both of them in and the goat and most importantly, it provided shelter from the wind and snow. It was probably going to be a short respite. The winds were blowing in a direction that led the snow away from the cave right now but they could change at any moment but he figured it wouldn't take the pair long to eat anyway. After he released it he put it down, one ear cocking to the side as he heard Cliche. He glanced at her, smiling slightly as she turned in a circle. It reminded him of the first time he had seen his sister go on a hunt. Course, she wasn't his sister but the comparison was still valid. And she was sweeter somehow. He enjoyed her company.

"In that case are you sure you're not a hunter or a warrior?"Tye said, half-joking. His expression turned quizzical, slightly confused as she licked at his shoulder. Something stung and his ears twitched. Grunting he instinctively stiffened, defenses rising at the sudden action. After a few seconds he relaxed, muscles loosening. He washed the blood off his muzzle with some melted snow that had been blown in, rubbing it in the water and nudged her muzzle with his, nipping at her nose teasingly noticing her discomfort. He saw his father do it to his mother all the time when it seemed like something was wrong. He looked at the goat then back at her, his tail flicking through the air thoughtfully. "Well warriors aren't exactly fluffy rabbits,"He said. "What we kill is ours and in turn yours as we are a family but there's a warrior's pride to consider and your safety. Most healers aren't warriors just like most warriors aren't healers. I heard this once, that you're either a fighter or a lover."His eyes flicked to hers, gazing directly into her orange ones. "So as it stands, fighters must protect lovers because they're the warriors and the lovers are the ones that protect the warriors in other ways."He pushed the goat closer to her with his paw and said, "Anyway wolves can have qualities of both a healer and a warrior. A wolf has teeth and claws to fight. Any wolf would turn into a warrior when faced with no other choice."He turned his head to face the entrance as a clod of snow billowed in, scattering across their paws. Pebbles tumbled across as well, brought in by the wind. "Eat quickly or we'll be stuck inside here if the snow builds up or buried under it. Whatever we don't finish we can carry back to the pack,"He told her.
Back to top Go down
Lead Healer Cliché
Lead Healer Cliché

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2013, 10:40

"Well then I guess that makes me a lover rather than a fighter, doesn't it?"

But she knew it wasn't true, not entirely anyway. There were various portions to her personality that segregated off to their separate types. There was one part that she held the heart of a decent fighter; and another the loving mind of a great, young Healer. She could have chose any occupation, but she found herself getting lost in all the herbs and passion for it all at a young age, and still loved it. There were some things about the fighting and hunting that in fact enticed her into trying new things, which made her happy to know that even some wolves would allow her to like Tye. Cliche broke through from her stage of flushed cheeks to laugh as he nipped and nuzzled her nose, flicking the tip of her tail happily to have him for company, "So tell me about yourself, Tye. What brings you upon the pack's dividing line however long ago? Fate, destiny, purpose? Do tell, perhaps it'll keep us occupied while we feast." When he had mentioned to eat quickly, she did not object to his advise and lowered her maw to capture her jaws around one of the flanks. As she tore off the first layer of its thick coat, she peeled it away to set off to the side and began licking around to where the blood poured out. It stained the front of her coat and maw, filling her insides with warmth the more she devoured each bite. Her ears pinned against her head as she did this, growling playfully over to Tye as she tried to tug the kill towards her. It made her grunt as it was heavy, so she stopped and continued.

Using a handy paw, she dove her claws to puncture the flesh, keeping it still the harder she pulled away the bloody muscle and meat left inside. The sweet taste of its thigh in her mouth made her smile, flashing her fangs as she chewed on the tougher meaty portions. Cliche peered over the corpse to eye the large brute before her, secretly smiling to herself to see such a fine male in her presence treat her with fairness. Something about him made her eyes shine a dark orange, which made her wonder if he noticed. Lacing her pinkish black tongue over her maw, she picked at the leg a few more times before lifting her snout up to look towards the entrance. The sun was at its highest to what she could see from their angle, shining its glory inside the cave along with a change in the wind pattern. She huffed, licking at her blood-covered nose to clean herself before giving up on her coat. The goat's blood on her chest she hoped would dry, only then she would have to find some source of water to clean the rest of herself off. She was not at all looking forwards to that. Now that her belly was satisfied, she cocked a grin at Tye as she waited for him to finish. When he was, Cliche nodded and worked over to the side she was on before and helped him carry it. It was lighter now that they had consumed a decenter amount. Fortunately for her, she still had a boat load of energy to burn off. Cocking her head forwards, she mumbled a couple words for him to start moving, easing out of the cove and towards the camp, "You wouldn't happen to know the way back, would you?" She said shyly, peering into the opposite direction as she did not remember.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2013, 05:02

Tye let out a low chuckle in between tearing a chunk of the goat's leg off, silently agreeing. He could see facets of her personality coming out, parts that he found he liked. Her adventurous side for one and her openness to try something new as proved when she wanted to join in taking down the goat. Fear it seemed, was either alien to her or she was brave enough to over-come that because usually healers wouldn't risk breaking their necks for a kill on perilous conditions like these when there was a warrior present. It wasn't in their job description. He paused, part of the goat's leg hanging out of his maw at her question. Fate, destiny? No he didn't believe in those things. Fate and destiny were just fairy-tale wishes, intangible fancies that were the products of an over-active mind. The idea of some benevolent higher being playing wolves like puppets was just wistful thinking to him. "A purpose I suppose," He said after swallowing. "My mother failed to heal the Alpha male's son after he was injured during a fight with my sister and he blinded her for her failure. I attacked him back out of rage. It was an eye for an eye. But the Alphess blind-sided me. I managed to gain the upper hand and ripped out her throat and he returned the favour by killing my family in front of my eyes. I tried to kill him but the rest of the pack joined in so I fled. It was too many. Then I wandered around as a wayward loner before stumbling my way here. It seemed friendly enough so I pledged my allegiance to the Alphess and have remained here ever since." His eyes flickered. coming to life as she growled at him and he wrapped his jaws around the goat's neck, pressing a paw against the joint where it connected. He jerked, strong enough to break. His teeth sawed through the meat as he chomped down, cleaving the goat's head from the rest of its body and set it down. The horns would have to be left behind of course as the were inedible. "A home isn't a home without a family after all," He continued, half-sarcastic half-not.

He cast a sideways glance to the mouth of the entrance as the wind rose to a shrieking crescendo outside. He wondered if sooner or later there would be an avalanche or something. The goat was half finished, part of its back legs and lower half of its body still edible and intact enough to carry back. The head had nothing left, just bone and bits of flesh that only scavengers could consume. He looked back at Cliche to see how far she had gone when she was eating. Finished. She was looking at him and her eyes were shining. Tye had never seen a wolf's eyes whose eyes were so bright despite being dark orange, like the crackling flames of an open fire in a winter snow or some kind of gemstone deep in the mountains. They were warm and glowed with life and joy. In all his life, both in the pack and on his travels outside when he left he had never seen anything like them before. They were mysterious somehow but still unbridled with life and energy, captivating in that way. He tore his eyes away only when a boulder-sized mass of snow flew into the cave, peppering his black pelt and making it look like he had a white blanket on. He shook himself, the fur on the back of his neck, around his shoulders and top of his neck sticking up ramrod straight like he'd been struck with lightning. His coat was rough and dense, those areas of his body even more so. The temperature made it even worse as the dampness and coldness combined made his fur stand up. He took the remains of the goat from her so she didn't have to carry any as they stepped outside. It would be easier to move and there was barely any goat left to carry anyway. He hoped she understood that.

He nodded and said, his voice distorted by the goat, "We just head north from this mountain and turn east then we walk straight and we'll have to walk through part of the forest to get to the clearing. Come we have to move fast." He leaped down from the ledge onto the next one, making sure to get a good foot-hold before going for the next. They were only halfway up the mountain so it wasn't that far down but the rocks were slippery at places and the fog and falling snow, tossed and flung around by the wind which bit at his face, made things hard to see. Cliche didn't have to go down the same way he did but he trusted her enough that she had enough common sense and smarts to get down without injuring herself otherwise she wouldn't have made it this far up. In any event, he would be there to protect her within reason. As he landed on an adjacent slope that jutted out of the side, absorbing the impact of the jump he looked up scanning for her.
Back to top Go down
Lead Healer Cliché
Lead Healer Cliché

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2013, 21:37

This Thread Has Been Locked To Ensure That No Others Post Below.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headfirst for Halos Headfirst for Halos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headfirst for Halos

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Erenyx :: Erenyx :: Pack Territories :: Frozen Fang Pass-