Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seeking Reprieve

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Guardian Drogo
Guardian Drogo

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Seeking Reprieve Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Reprieve Seeking Reprieve Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2013, 21:44

Glowing orange eyes stared out at the winter scenery before him. The snow had fallen thick in these parts, much heavier than he had ever witnessed in the lands or Tortall. But despite the enhanced winter weather, his coat had thickened with the season change and provided him with adequate protection against the nipping jaws of winter. The thought of Tortall brought to light a cluster of emotions that swelled together in the melting pot that was his mind. Anger flared, stemming from King's lies. An engrained loyalty clawed at the recesses of his mind, engrained in his life since the day he was taken to train. Devastation seeping through the cracks of the engrained loyalty for the loss of his father. He had died at the paws of his own son, and for what? Because his corrupt king commanded it? After learning the harsh truth behind Rhaegar's rule, he had been sure revenge in the form of taking the King's life would ease the pain, the regret that slowly deteriorated his heart, but it did not. Much to his despair it had only worsened the heavy feeling that fell over him. Countless lives had been taken by him, the toll too high to remember. It was a burden he would carry for the rest of his days but he hoped to seek redemption for his sins.

His quest for redemption had led him to these lands. Two distinct scents marked the area, two packs. Hopefully neither of which had been poisoned with corruption but there was only one way to know. He found himself along the boarders he kept returning to. Something about this one, he was not sure, but this one seemed to draw him in. He prayed he would find what his broken soul needed within it's borders, for he feared he would not survive more treachery and misfortune. A possible future sat before him, the start of which was only a howl away, but he could not bring himself to do so. The weight of this decision bore down on him, causing a familiar pounding within his head. It was common place these days for the pains to ring through his skull. It meant he was thinking to much and needed to clear his mind. With a deep breath in he let his worries slip away and concentrated on the only thing that mattered at this very moment. No longer delaying the inevitable, he tipped his head upward to the sky, and let a crisp howl ring through the chilled air, announcing his presence to the wolves who called this place home.

With his fate sealed in the echo's of his howl, he lowered his head and in turn lowered his rump to sit in the icy crystals compacting their airy form to mirror thr contours of his body. His eyes, though their color was bright, were void of emotion, dulled by the memories of the past, as they stared into the trees ahead, searching for any glimpses of a wolf. His expectations were considerably low in comparison to that of most wolves upon approaching a pack. His mind could not fathom a more tainted rule than that of King Rhaegar, so anything above such lows would be a blessing. Blessings he would count nightly should things turn in his favour along the boarders where the brute awaited judgment.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Seeking Reprieve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Reprieve Seeking Reprieve Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2013, 08:03

The white female trekked on, her body now stronger from the heavy winter. In all her years, she had never seen a more beautiful winter, although they were far from her lights, she could still see them from a top the mountain in the far distance. It was in her return home from her brief viewing that her ears picked up on a faint howl in the distance and she found her legs picking a pace that would gap the distance in half the time. Aurora's tongue fell out the side of her mouth, she felt winded for a brief moment, and something felt strange. Aurora's body was beginning to prepare for a new life, although not with child now, she would be with child soon. Aurora's thoughts drifted to her mate and her future life with him and their lives together, time passed quickly as her long slender legs trotted along the compacted snow. Spring would be coming soon, she could feel it under her pads, with the winter coming to an end, she knew that it soon would be time for her to place her duties as Delta aside to rear a family for the Elite.

As Aurora slowed to a walk, she picked up the scent of someone unfamiliar, and new to their lands and Aurora's tail briefly swayed. Coming from the western sky, the sun now behind her, and if you were to look at her haed on, it was a beautiful sight to see. The white walk slowly entering the scene with the setting sun behind her, Aurora held her head high as she approached the wolf. "Greetings Traveler, how may I assist you?" Aurora looked him over, his body was strong, and she could see that he had traveled long. Eyes scanned his features briefly before she sat opposite him, her tail curling around her paws, and her back tall and straight. It was unlike Aurora to be a authoritive as this, but it was only a front for males whom approached the border. She meant business and her stern face and calming eyes reassured herself and him that she meant no harm. Aurora awaited a response from the male, her body trembled as a gust of wind traveled past her coat.
Back to top Go down
Guardian Drogo
Guardian Drogo

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Seeking Reprieve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Reprieve Seeking Reprieve Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2013, 13:10

Daylight was beginning to dwindle as the rugged brute awaited his conviction, but while the sun still held a position in the sky a form appeared. Only a silhouette at first, with the glowing hues of sunset behind her but as she neared, features became clearer. Were it not for highly developed eyesight, and the brilliant contrast of her blazing blue eyes, she would have been lost in the alabaster scenery. Though she had not been granted height, her build was not that of a typical female. Her body was built much more like a males, well muscled and bulky. Knowing very well as to the customs of hierarchy, he allowed himself to slip into a submissive stance. His body lowering to lay flat on the chilled ground, and his ears flattening against his head. Eye contact was averted as she addressed him, though she was still well within his peripheral view. To his surprise she did not remain standing as would most of a higher ranking. Instead she had mirrored the position he held not moments before and reclined her haunches and sat.

Traveller? The word amused him. He was far from a traveller. Such a word was reserved for those who willingly sought out the unknown for whatever their reasons may be. Refugee would have been a more befitting title as his leave from Tortall was not based from desire but necessity. He would have given anything for things to have gone down a different path, but such yearning was wasted as the past could not be altered despite his deepest prayers. He remained trained in the submissive position and would remain until was authorized by her for his release. Though she did not pose any threat to him individually, she was a pack wolf and he wished not the wrath of her pack on his hide. "Greetings miss. I am one they call Drogo. I have come to your boarders in search of refuge, in search of a home. Pass what judgment you will and voice your verdict for here I stand, offering my services to your leaders and those within their ranks." his voice was deep and held the gruffness of a seasoned soldier who had seen far to much in the way of war, though beneath his somber exterior was a soul seeking peace.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Seeking Reprieve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Reprieve Seeking Reprieve Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2013, 14:03

As he spoke Aurora's body tightened, he meant business, and he seeked what all other's did. Still, Aurora couldn't help but be herself, and in her wise moment she spoke. "Drogo, that's a unique name. Come, come. Sit up and face me when you address me. Your words come through as a soldier and one who is well rounded in his life, a young male whom has travelled seeking a new life. Perhaps one of misfortune before your arrival here. These lands are of the Helidos pack, under the rule of our great Alpha Azul. I, am Aurora, Delta of the pack and am pleased to have had the pleasure of being the first to your arrival." Taking a deep breath she hesitated for a moment. The male seemed kind and she couldn't help but look at him like a mother looks at a child.

Collecting her thoughts she turned attention back to the wolf's entry. "You seem like you have experience. Your loyal shines off your pelt like the sun glistens upon the ice. We would be honored to have your allegiance to the pack, but first Drogo, you must tell me what qualities you bring to the pack and how you can best serve the Alpha's and his loyal followers." Aurora then stood up, her body firm and forth put, and her tail swayed briefly. Pure joy ran through her body when she met others who were as loyal to a pack like this as she was to Azul and his mate Lucy. To her, it was an undoubtedly feeling of love and faith in one mixed emotion. Aurora's mind travelled to the idea of this wolf become close friends to her and the other higher ranking members. Just like any other, he would have to prove himself, but still Aurora had faith in everyone. Sometimes more than she should. As her eyes met his, she waited for him to speak. Warrior or hunter, to start she thought as she looked him over once more.
Back to top Go down
Guardian Drogo
Guardian Drogo

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Seeking Reprieve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Reprieve Seeking Reprieve Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2013, 15:24

At her will he rose from his position on the ground and sat facing her listening politely as she spoke. Several words peaked his interest in particular. The pack who claimed these lands bore the name Helidos and their ruler was called Azul. It was a relief to hear her address him as Alpha and not by another title. She herself as she introduced, went by the title Delta, and the name of Aurora. He was unfamiliar with the normal rankings packs held as those under the King's command held their own titles though he presumed Delta was one holding some form of power as she was here to accept or deny him. There were Lords and their Ladies, leaders of the individual packs. They had their advisors as did the King. There was the King's guard which he had been head of. The majority of wolves held simple soldier positions and for a few unlucky wolves, commoners was the term used for them. He was a quick study so had no worries and knew he would  be quick to catch on to how things were run here in Helidos. At the pause in her words he took the opportunity to speak up. "The pleasure is all mine Delta Aurora." he said giving a slight dip of his head.

She spoke up once more so he returned to listening. She spoke of how he seemed to have experience. He couldn't help but grin a little at this. He had more experience than most wolves could develop within several life times. She was right about another thing. Loyalty meant everything, but his loyalty would not so willingly be given this time around. He would not fall back into the same corruptness he has lived in for so long. She asked for what qualities he possessed and the answer came quickly to him "I am highly trained and skilled in the art of combat. I was head of the King's Guard.." He paused and thought of how to word it in a way she would understand as she had probably never heard of a king before. "Or rather, head of protection for the Alpha." the words sounded strange describing Rhaegar as an Alpha. Something he was certainly not. A twisted villain perhaps, but not an Alpha. "And as you mentioned, I am extremely loyal. I do not take the term lightly and hold it to the highest of standards. With my loyalty sworn to someone, it would mean my life's end before harm came to them.' His voice echoed with fierce devotion as he spoke of loyalty. He truly was not one to take the subject lightly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Seeking Reprieve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Reprieve Seeking Reprieve Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2013, 07:58

While she spoke, she watched him, his every move and facial expression, and for a moment Aurora thought of him and how confused he looked. large white ears listened carefully when he spoke and when he spoke of a King, Aurora seemed to confirm her thoughts. "Drogo, you seem confused of our pack standards. I shall give a quick breakdown. You speak of a King and his court. Alpha is the highest rank among us, that's Azul and Lucy. Second to him is Beta, Juno and Marrok. Third is Elite, that's Kenai. Fourth in the command is Delta, that's myself. Then, there would be Guardian, who is sole protector of the Alpha's. Everyone else is beneath us, not so much personally, but rank wise. Here, everyone is pretty much equal. Your rank is not much nobility, but for respect and duty to the pack. Here in Helidos, we have two ways to go: a Military stand point which seems best for you as a hunter or warrior. I choose the later for you. Or, towards our Medial standpoint as a healer or caretaker. Which I feel is improper of your use. Now, come, and enter here into our standings as Warrior Drogo."

Aurora finished speaking and turned her back upon the new male and began to walk on at a slow pace, giving him a moment to adjust before forever living a life of loyalty to Azul. Once he crossed that path, he was a part of her family, this pack was one big family. Despite the difference between them all, they all agreed on that one thing. Each member of this pack was worth the life of another. For that, Aurora swelled with pride, many of the wolves she protected she had allowed into this pack. Now, another one would join the ranks, and all she could do was smile. Awaiting him to catch up, she would set him in the direction of the common grounds, there he would meet other's or choose to explore on his own, and she would return to Kenai's den.
Back to top Go down
Guardian Drogo
Guardian Drogo

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Seeking Reprieve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Reprieve Seeking Reprieve Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2013, 10:56

Listening to her explain the rankings that they used here in Helidos he took mental note, Alpha, Beta, Elite, Delta. The titles of those he would answer to. Repeating their ranks and names over in his silently he nodded, satisfied that he would remember them. The only task left now was to put faces to the names. He would seek them out and introduce himself but for now he took a moment to revel in the relief that he had a home once more, one where Kings laid no claim. He would hold a new title when he stepped over their borders. No longer would he be Drogo, head of the King's guard. From this point forward he was Warrior Drogo. With a deep breath he rose to his feet, toned muscles, hardened by years of combat, rippling beneath his coat. "Thank you Delta. I will wear the title of Warrior with honour and pride and do everything in my power to keep those within Helidos safe." he gave another dip of his head and set of after her towards the heart of Helidos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seeking Reprieve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Reprieve Seeking Reprieve Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seeking Reprieve

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1