Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Empty
PostSubject: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2014, 20:28

Hunter Magnus rose early in his cosy den. It was not overly large, nor awkwardly small, but cosy. It was built for one and he expected to keep it that way. The brute rose and dipped his chest into the ground, stretching his forelegs and revelling in the satisfying sizzle and pop that came with the awakening of ones muscles. He forced each hind leg in turn to stiffen and flex every which way possible. He rolled his shoulders and twisted his head upon his neck. Satisfied that his body was awake and alert, he crept softly to the dens entrance and surveyed the day. It was still yet early, a soft mist kissing the forest floor before slowly beginning to dissipate. A loud grumble reached his ears and he surmised that it must be time for breakfast. A brisk trot to the kill pile would do the trick and he would pick out an old hare and a fresh duck in his maw before trotting away once more. Beneath the shade of an old tree he dropped the carcasses. Still within the clearing, with a view of who came and went, but situated that he was in no ones way.

The brute would drop heavily to the ground with a grunt and a sigh, his ears flickering, swivelling in search of any sound that was foreign. His white and copper maw parted slightly, a dash of pink darting between his canines and flashed over his teeth. Of his meal he chose the hare first, for it was growing old and would not be anywhere near so pleasant as the fresh duck. Deftly opening the carcass, the little ball of fluff was skinned and he began to eat messily, enjoying the taste of blood as it trickled down his throat. And the crunch of little bones on his back molars. A test of the strength of his jaw. A typical meal. But an excellent one. He expected no less from himself as the packs Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information
Purchases: Small Wolf

I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2014, 20:45

Weeks had passed since her initial injury hunting. The last thing she remembered was passing out in the healers den then awakening a few hours later to find Aziza shoving herbs down her throat. Chiara had held back teaching the fae a lesson in respect as she was working on saving her life. In a short time Chiara recovered under her care and was well enough to sleep in her own den. Though the healer did mention something about a new wolf wanting training or something like that, she made a note to look into it. Now her days were spent regaining her strength and training until she reached her peak once more. Having been warned to go easy on her shoulder Chiara took to swimming in the cold river, using the current to improve her strength without putting strain on her leg. This was just what she was coming back from doing that morning as she waltzed into the clearing.

Glistening wet her black pelt held slick to her body, water still dripping from it. She held no trace of a limp and knew her shoulder wouldn't hurt until she used it more. Shaking off her pelt the warrior sent a shower of mist on to the moist ground, though now her pelt stuck up in weird angels. Sighing at her annoying look she walked over to her den on the edge and sat down. licking at her fur to try and improve her condition a small movement caught her eye. Looking up mid lick the form of Magnus came into view, as his den was across from hers. He was staring at the kill pile as always, probably gloating about all his wonderful kills. True, he had done a wonderful job as the packs hunter, even she would admit that. Everyday brought more food and all welcomed it. Catching herself staring at him Chiara went back to grooming, stealing an occasional glance at the hunter that seemed to capture her attention more than she liked.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2014, 21:07

The brute polished off the entire hare carcass and turned to the duck. He rolled his eyes in annoyance. Ducks were a nuisance, both to catch and to eat. But they were a delicacy. The meat was sweet and juicy, full of flavours. It was the feathers that bothered him. See ducks, or really any fowl for that matter, did not have touch pelts that could be torn and pulled on in a few deft bites. No. They were covered head to tail in ghastly feathers. Whilst feathers did make a good soft floor lining for a den, they were ridiculously annoying to retrieve unless they were found strewn on the forest floor. But he digressed, and forced himself to stop complaining. It would get him nowhere. With quick movements, he plucked the feathers from the bird, revealing a soft pink feast beneath. As his jaw widened to take the first bite, he had a niggling in the back of his head, the fur on his scruff prickling at the sensation. Someone was watching him. He looked up, feathers still clinging to his neck and muzzle, spotting the Lead Warrior Chiara. Her condition seemed better than the last time he had seen her. But it had been some weeks since the accident. She appeared to be grooming and he thought it best to offer his apologies for having taken her on that hunt, now that she was awake and coherent.

Gently, the brute grasped the duck by its neck and rose to his feet. He sauntered over to the fae and tossed the bird at her feet. He thought perhaps she hadn't eaten and might need something to eat. She'd better be grateful for it. I did all the bloody work, taking out all those blasted feathers. he thought. Aloud, he spoke Good morning Chiara. It's good to see you about. I hope your shoulder is doing well? He nodded to the naked bird. I thought perhaps you might be hungry. It's fresh duck, only caught last night. He nodded and took a step back, preparing to take his leave.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2014, 21:18

Continuing to groom at her pelt Chiara's tongue rasped over her wet fur. Attempting to not make a huge mess of herself she quickly smoothed out her head, neck and front paws and went on to her back. Twisting at a weird angle her tongue stretches to reach her back fur, missing it by a small amount. Annoyed by this feat she twisted more and nearly fell over as she was now back wards and almost up-side-down. Stopping quick as she heard someone approach she tried to right herself only to find Magnus throwing ducks at her. Glaring at him she saw his expression and softened hers. Looking down to the duck her mouth watered, signaling she was indeed hungry. "Thank you Magnus, that is very kind of you. My shoulder is doing better, training helps" She said, taking the duck and dipping her head to him. Bringing her gaze back to him she bit back her lip in a horrible attempt not to laugh.

The proud and regal male had feathers stuck all over his pelt and a large white one danced straight up on his head. He looked like a fledgling and it was too much for the serious fae. Coughing out a laugh she squinted her eyes as tears formed whilst she gasped and carried on, the image of that feather dancing in her mind. Overcome with laughter Chiara soon fell to the side, now rubbing dirt into her clean fur. Cackling about she looked silly, but his image amused her so.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2014, 21:50

The Hunter watched the Lead Warrior as she fell into the dirt into a fit of laughter. He was in no way amused. I would appreciate it if you stopped laughing at the wolf who just offered you a pre-plucked bird for breakfast. He shook out his fur with as much dignity as he could muster, using his paw to swipe a large white one off the top of his head. He ducked backwards and walked around to sit beside the fae while she continued to roll in laughter. He gestured to the pile of feathers. You can have them if you like. Line your den with them. It was a small but significant gift. He had never once offered any wolf either hide or feather of one of his kills. When the fae seemed to sober, he plucked the large white feather from its place in the pile and held it in his mouth. He looked to the fae questioningly before he stretched his head up behind her right ear. There he deftly knotted the feather so it would hang. Pulling back to admire his work, he observed how the feather only helped to make her appear more wild and yet more beautiful. He shook his head trying to rid it of such thoughts. He thought perhaps he might strike up a conversation with the fae, but wasn't quite sure what topics would be acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2014, 21:16

Trying to gain some form of control over herself Chiara flipped back on to her feet and shock off the last bit of humor Magnus's appearance gave her. Clearing her throat Chiara straightened herself up and swallowed. "I apologize for my behavior, and thank you for the bird Magnus." She said, wiping her smile away and going back to being serious. Chiara was usually full of composure and standards and had no idea where that burst of laughter came from, but oh well it was over. Most of Chiara's days were filled with training her body and mind, patrolling for new members and threats and finally hunting. She had little time for fun and the sudden rush just now gave her an instant high. Unable to keep a small smile from her face Chiara gave into the feeling and smiled at the sable male before her. Flitting her gaze over him as he glared annoyed at her she truly took in his appearance.

Before her mind had told her she looked like Damon, but she was wrong. The hues of his pelt melted gentler into one another and his markings were bolder. Browns, tans and a hint of cream created an endless blanket in his coat that made her eyes search for where one color began and another ended. Then there were those eyes. Eyes that mimicked hers and fought the sun for brightness, only once before had such eyes graced hers, and now those eyes were dead. Feeling self conscious about staring at his Chiara brought her own gaze downwards in embarrassment. Just as she was about to change the subject Magnus spoke again and offered the feathers for her den. Taken aback by this offer she didn't get a chance to respond when she heard him approach her. His feet came into view from her downward gaze and suddenly she felt his hot breath on her ear. Frozen for a minute she barely had time to whip her head up and step back when she saw a white object in her side vision. He had placed the feather behind her ear and she was totally speechless. The mixture of emotions, thoughts and words waged a third war in her mind. Should she thank him, scold him, laugh it off, be indifferent? Unsure what to do her eyes met his again and went back and forth between the seas of amber and the white blur by her left eye.

"Why did you do that?" She asked, her voice coming out as more of a choke than and actual question. Gifts weren't something she was used to. If it was to make fun of her she didn't think so. Why did he do that and why did he look at her that way?

Why am I looking at him like this?
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2014, 21:42

The brute felt her eyes connect with his and he responded in kind. There was very little difference between the shades of their amber eyes, but he thought that hers were far more beautiful. They not only looked like liquid fires but held a different kind of fire within them. The fire of life. The determination of ones will to live. He knew he should not have feared so much when she was in the healers den. For though he had noticed the attractive healer and was drawn to seduce her into one of many in his trail of broken hearts. But the whole time he could not help but think of the fighter laying before him. Would he ever see those beautiful eyes open again? Now that he had he was glad as he was every day to have known her. To have been pack mates with her. To have hunted alongside such a wondrous creature. The beautiful eyes stared back into every fibre of his being and left their mark on his soul. He was entranced, captured by her. No fae had ever shown so much strength, courage or respect for duty and honour as she. No fae had been so unentangled by his charms before he had met she. There was no words he could use to describe his feeling. For it was one feeling. Pure joy in her presence and respect for her character. He knew only that if he left her side, he would surely be only half a wolf.

But as if only to enhance the moment, her voice choked itself from her maw. And to him it was like the sound of a feather. Soft and light. But always holding her natural ferocity. He wondered idly if perhaps she had once been a shy fae whose past had changed her drastically. But it mattered not. He would like her anyway. He knew that even if she had been meek, her ability to mark her own face made her strong in its own way. And surely even if that had been the way of things, she would have been able to defend herself. A strong mate whom he could love for who she was was all he asked of this life. And he thought perhaps he might find it in Chiara. But he knew he had to first answer her question. He did not assume bravado or male strength, nor did he intend to humiliate her. So he softened his voice and spoke the truth. I wanted to see how it would look on you. And it suits you beautifully. That's only half true, though. I wanted to give you something. But if you don't like it, I could remove it for you. It pained him to finish that last sentence, but in her face he could se a flicker of indecision, and thought perhaps he had been too forward. He waited for her answer, for it would tell him whether his pursuit was for nought or if it might yet be successful.

Last edited by Hunter Magnus on January 26th 2014, 03:35; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2014, 22:09

After she croaked out her question again she cleared her throat and shock off the moment of shyness. Long ago she had rid the feeling from her very being. Before it had been her whole existence, to cower and be invisible in a world she could never truly belong in. Always thinking she was on the outside when someone did finally come along to pull her out of her hole she fell too deep and was chocked with new feelings. Those feelings made her weak and clouded her mind when she needed in most. Damon had those feelings too and because of them he was killed, because he had loved her. Her father had ended the only shred of true happiness in her life, and even the satisfaction of tearing his head off didn't ease the pain inside. Burning through her like a hot knife embracing Damon for the last time and feeling the heat from his blood drove her off the edge. There and then she vowed to be strong, to never back down and cower again. Walking away from Damon's body something changed in her, she didn't care what others thoughts of her and embraced the looks and whispers of the now cocky and determined warrior. Erenyx embraced her and she thrived here in her element. Cold air filled her lungs and heart as frozen walls of ice covered her heart from ever loving or hurting anyone ever again. Yet Damon's last words still burned through those walls, tainting her determination to remain alone forever.

Love again and be stronger, be happy and you won't fear anything

Magnus's words cloaked with pain brought her aware of her surroundings once again. He looked upset as he offered to remove his gesture and she quickly shock her head in a no. "It's alright, I like the feather, its beautiful. I collect feathers you know, I have several already in my den, they're interesting and it's a hobby of mine to find them in my free time." She confessed knowing this secret was now known only to him. It didn't bother her for some reason to reveal this to him, but why? "Well, I was going to go get a drink from the stream, you're free to join me if I'm not keeping you from your hunting duties Mag." She said, letting the nickname slip from her maw. Having already agreed to her own from him she saw this only fitting.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2014, 22:28

Magnus was overjoyed when she did not reject his gift. He wondered if perhaps she could be right for him. But if he was going to do this, he had to be straight up honest with her. No facade, no tricks. He had to win her over honestly like he promised himself he would after his mother left him wounded and exiled. In some ways, that kingslayer from Tortall had the right idea. Magnus knew he should have stopped what was going on in his pack. But did not know how, did not have even the slightest idea of where to begin. And that was what made the kingslayer a better wolf than he was. Though he would never admit it to him. But he mentally scoffed at the thought. It was unlikely he would ever come across Drogo, former Head of the Kings Guard, in these lands. She mentioned that feather collecting was a hobby of hers. It was something he had never expected of the fae, and yet he could not stop a shocked, open mouthed smile from gracing his face. Thats an interesting hobby. I'll be sure to look out for fowl with interesting feather colours on my hunts, if you were okay with that. I'd love to help add to your collection.

He seemed almost pitiful. A stupid puppy infatuated with her. And he loved every minute of it. He wanted to see her laugh just like before. He wanted to shock her into silence like he had. But most of all, he wanted to howl with her on the full moon. It was a funny old tradition in his pack, where mated pairs would howl together at the full moon, singing a song of love and unity that was beautiful and entirely their own. Then she asked him to accompany her to the stream for a drink and he accepted hastily. Of course. I'd be happy to join you at the stream. He rose from his seated position, and they began to walk together. Very close side by side, he knew he had seen some couples twine their tails or play with one another's tails as they walked, but he thought it might be too early. He settled for watching her walk, admiring his favour resting gently behind her ear.

Last edited by Hunter Magnus on January 26th 2014, 03:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2014, 22:48

Rising from her position Chiara started to walk to the stream that bordered the clearing. She went there frequently to drink and train against the current. In fact she had recently began training a new member in that very area. This morning she had sent her off to hunt, but perhaps later she would teach the fae a new tactic, tree climbing. It sounded funny for a wolf to climb trees, but in her old pack which lived in a pine forest it was their secret weapon against fighting loners, for who would ever expect a wolf to be in a tree? Turning her head she heard the male go on about looking for feathers and it earned him a small grin from her and a nod. In her cave she had a small notch dug out in the back, it was there that she cept her collection of feathers. SHe had about ten of different colors, but her favorite was a blue jays she had found her first day in Erenyx. Blue was her favorite color and the sight of it made her happy on her worse day here. "If you like, I won't turn them away thank you. I've been on the look out for a green one if you ever hunt water fowl, I hear some ducks are green." She said glancing at his amber eyes once again and letting her smile grow without thinking.

How his eyes and ways captivated her, and seemed to knock on her icy walls around her frozen heart. It was easy to fight off the growing attraction for now as she turned her gaze away, remembering she wasn't going down that road again, not ever. The feelings alone would have driven her there, but she knew the fault of Damon's death lay on her shoulder's, she didn't deserve love after that. Not only that love made her weak once, and she wouldn't be weak again, yet still Damon's words of strength from love made her confused. Would turning away from love make her strong or would embracing it? Beginning to develop a headache from all of this Chiara cept walking forward, pleased as the male perked up and trotted alongside her. Twice his fur brushed hers and she ignored it. The third time she eyed him then shot forward, calling over her shoulder to race her to the waters edge. Her lithe limbs let her burst with speed, leaping over rocks until the water came into view. Stopping short of the bank she panted as she stopped then dipped her head to drink, her back still to Magnus.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2014, 23:22

The brute immediately began to scan his mind for any place he had seen duck with interesting green feathers, determined to bring her one. There was no awkward silence between them. Or at least it did not seem awkward to him. It caught him off guard when she shot forward and called after him to race. He jumped forward, trailing closely behind her until they reached the stream. He sat a few steps away from her as she bent her neck elegantly to lap up the water. He lowered his head, carefully lapping, his eyes raised, watching her. And his thoughts began to trail off. He raised his head as he did so. So many things to tell her, but how to make her see? The truth about my past, impossible. She'd turn away from me. He squinted his eyes shut and threw his head to the side, looking away from the fae. But his thirst endured, so he lowered his maw once more and began to drink.

What would she think if she knew he had run from his lands? Unceremoniously stripped of his rank and exiled. Not even bothering to fight it. He just left, resigned. The innocents felled beneath his jaws and the lives of faes he did not save because of his foolishness. He allowed his pride to control him. He knew deep inside him that it was his fault those faes were dead, and many others pregnant with bastard sons that would be slaughtered when found. It was his one failing that he would most want to undo.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2014, 23:40

The cool water rippled over her tongue as she drank, stealing glances at the male who had caught up and copied her movements. Licking up stray drops from her chin fur she saw him pause and think to himself, but what about? He's holding back, he's hiding, but what I can't decide, why won't he be the king I know he is, the king i see inside. Her mind swirled with what could be troubling him and for some reason she wanted him to be at ease. She knew he was a strong male and this sense of uncertainty didn't suit him, but how to bring him around? Trying to think of something to do she smirked and leaped into the stream, diving under the water as it got deep and swam over to him. Stealthily she creeped until she could see him above her, drinking. Giggling and letting bubbles escape her closed jaws she swam up and surfaced, reaching to grab him and yank him in.

This odd way about her brought on by Magnus was weird and strange, like a rope tied around her and pulling her in opposite directions. She wanted to fight the urge, but the warmth that filled her to let herself go and be free was too great. The last time she felt this way was when she had left Helidos and was running full tilt towards the Erenyx border. Howls of joy escaped her maw that day as she sang out of her freedom to all who cared to listen. In her mind her noisy off key howls became a song that filled her heart and blinded her to the world she left behind.

Its funny how some distance, makes everything seem small. And the fears that once controlled me, can't get to me at all. It's time to see what I can do, to test the limits and break through. No right no wrong, no rules for me, I'm free.

She sang out, creating more and more distance between Helidos and herself, the night air filled with stars her audience to her song.

Let it go, let it go, I am one with the wind and sky. Let it go, let it go you'll never see me cry. Here I stand and here Ill stay. Let the storm rage on, the cold never bothered me anyway.

Now she felt the same feeling of pure freedom and happiness, just without the need to sing underwater. With a slick black pelt her fur drifted with the current, letting all pain wash away for just a moment, while her eyes met the amber fire pools once more. No, not that feeling again. I have to fight it. I wont go down that road....no.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2014, 00:16

Magnus was shocked to say the least when Chiara up and jumped into the stream, disappearing from his sight. His eyes widened and stance dropped as he searched frantically for her in the depths. The bubbles were his only warning and by then it was too late. She leapt from the water, her paws latching around his neck and she dragged him in. He swam under water for some time, perhaps even a lifetime it was so long. And he just thought. He'd spent so long running, maybe he was tired? Maybe he wanted to stop. Find a new dream. He broke the surface, tossing his head back. His fur waved with the motion. He hauled himself onto a large rock, a good ways away from her. He watched her carefully, his face softening. I don't know when. And I don't know how. But I know something's starting right now. Watch and you'll see... Someday I'll be. Part of your world. As he was facing the direction the current was flowing, he felt the water hit the rocks behind him, cresting above him and miraculously parting to crash on either side. She was beautiful. And he wanted to be a part of her life. Forever. Stay with me. He begged quietly. His mind replied with its own question.

After all this time?

Always. He whispered softly.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2014, 15:57

Underwater everything went silent. Amber eyes owned by the warrior scanned through the misty current for an eternity, searching for what was up and what was down. Time passed until the fae's lungs pleaded for air, which caused her to right herself and push off the gravel bed of the river. Surfacing in the stream Magnus hauled himself on to a rock as the current crashed behind him. Her eyes again met his and again she was propelled into that frightening place of comfort from which she continued to run from. Why did he do this to her? They barely knew each other and it had only been six months since Damon's death, this was too fast she screamed at her thoughts. Pausing though, mid thought the alluring idea of feeling his fur against her pelt made her loose focus. Thoughts of standing next to him as an equal in matters of the heart tugged at her, making her forget why she was running, for a moment at least. The pair locked eyes for an eternity until Chiara broke the trance and swam to the stream bed. Loose stone met her paws she she walked out, shaking off her fur in a cascade of water beads. This made her pelt stick n odd angles, but she didn't care for once. A odd pulling made her look back at Magnus, just a second glance, but that was all it took.

Those eyes again caught her, tied her up and beat her into submission. trapped n a gaze brighter than a thousand suns she was helpless to move this time. Instead of resisting she smiled at him, no word escaping her maw. The male seemed lost in his own thought that were unknown to the fae. The thought crossed her mind that her unwanted feelings might be mutual, but to what extent? Why was this even happening? And even if. If. Things moved from here why would he ever be interested?

If's there's a prize for rotten judgment. Well I guess I've already won that. No man is worth the aggravation. That's ancient history been there done that.....

No, her eyes obeyed her again and she blinked, breaking the bond. She would fight this urge, whether she liked it or not. She wouldn't be hurt again.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2014, 21:29

Magnus watched carefully as Chiara swam away to the bank. Shaking out her fur water splayed in all directions, as did her fur. A smile touched his lips at the amusing sight. He knew this feeling inside him was growing. Did it was strong. But they had not known each other very long. He remembered the wise words of a fae he met along his travels. "You can't be mated to a brute you just met." He was almost certain that she would be of a similar mind. And it made sense. If you met someone and instantly asked to be their mate you ran the risk of being with someone for the rest of your life whom you know very little about. They could have annoying habits that you can't stand. Or viewpoints that you could never agree with. Or pups from a previous mating. Or worse, they might be using you to gain a greater title. But he did not fear the latter of Chiara. Sure he had ambitions of becoming Beta or Guardian someday, but at present she held a much higher rank than he. What's more, the rules of this pack were different to those of his previous one. Mating does not guarantee a higher standing.

His thoughts flipped, considering another perspective. What if she wasn't interested? What if she preferred another? Perhaps the recently mateless Alpha. It would be a wonderful promotion for her with lots of responsibility, but nothing she couldn't handle. But he was sure she had a fair lineup of suitors waiting for her. But she was waiting for him on the loose stones and pebbles that lined the stream and he hoped that had to count for something. Diving I to the water he paddled across the current and stepped easily onto the gravel. He shook out his coat, ridding it of the chilling water. So. Where too Chia? He asked when he rached her side. Magnus rolled out his shoulders, ready to move and explore, do anything Chia asked of him.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 20:32

Once on the bank and dryer Chiara started to lick the remaining water from her fur before she was joined by the wet male. Water dripped from his pelt in a sheen that stuck to his frame. Through the dampness Chiara could seen the outline of his muscles, well defined from hunting and fighting. He certainly had promise to rise in rank in the pack one he impressed Steele. She could see him as an Elite or Guardian easily perhaps even the next Beta. High ranks didn't impress Chiara though, it was who was behind the rank that did. Anyone could flaunt around in a high rank and be an ass, yet it took someone special to catch her eye. No one in the pack besides mr smooth here had come close to making her do a double take yet, perhaps things would change? Inside she was fully aware of the war of emotions tugging at her heart strings, but in the end what was so bad about this really?

Magnus walked up next to her, his fur still very damp. "Well first you need to dry off more. Then perhaps we could talk a bit, get to know each other more if you like." She offered, not hiding the curiosity of knowing him better. There was a game she played in Helidos with Juno that each would ask three questions to the other and after answering truthfully would ask three of their own. It proved to be fun and let Chiara know a lot about her closest friend there, perhaps he'd like it? "Ask me three questions Mag, anything you like. I'll answer then ask three of my own, fair?" She said, now walking along the river.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 21:22

Magnus nodded idiotically. It was ridiculous how much he liked this idea of the three questions game. He could ask absolutely anything of her and she would answer him honestly. Wouldn't she? He knew she was an honourable wolf and lying to a friend was not in her repertoire. With a cheeky grin he chook out his fur, saturating the recently dried Chiara and darted a few steps away. The brute began to lick the final remains of water from his fur, leaving his copper coat pristine. But he felt rude for having ruined all the faes hard work, so he returned to her side and began to groom her, raking of as much water as he could from her body. He relished the chance to explore her smaller frame until it was completely dry. He butted her shoulder with his head and settled down beside her considering just what to ask. There was so much. He considered what he already knew about her. He knew that her father had given her one scar over her eye, and she had given herself the other. He also knew that she had once known a brute name Damon who clearly meant a lot to her. He knew she was honest and fierce and trustworthy. He began to formulate his questions.

Okay. Question number one. What exactly was the story between you and Damon?

He paused, allowing her time to digest and remember the question.

Number two, what is your relationship with Alpha Steele?

And then he smirked, thinking back a few moments.

And why we're you staring at me when I got out of the water? As though he already knew the answer, he rolled his shoulders and shook them out where he lay.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 21:38

He shock himself off, promptly drenching her. Just as she was about to snap at him he walked closer and raked his tongue over her coat. Stunned by the closeness she allowed his touch, even cuffing him on the ear playfully as he tickled her. Then he moved off and asked his questions. The sting of his first question hit her hard, but the others let the sting subside. Sighing and sitting down she prepared herself to answer truthfully, for she knew she had to.

"Damon was a male in my old pack. I liked him a lot and the feeling was mutual. We were to be mates, but he was killed in an accident that was my fault." Her voice was heavy as her gaze went down. She didn't go into more detail, he would have to ask for that honor, which she prayed he wouldn't. What would he think of her then?

"Steele? He is my Alpha, my leader. I follow him with all the respect I give any Alpha. We have no relationship other than that. I have advised him on occasion and I helped assist his mate with the birth of her pups, but that's it." She answered wondering if he was prying into her feelings for him. There were none.

"Truthfully? I'm not sure. Perhaps it's because our eyes are so similar or how the light hit your pelt." her voice got low and she felt heat in her cheeks. Why did she look at him like that?

"Ok my turn. First why exactly did you leave your last pack? Next tell me your happiest memory. Finally what do you hope to be in this pack? I'm sure the rank of hunter won't be what you want forever." She asked, wondering how he would respond.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 22:05

The brute nodded to each of her replies in turn. But the story of Damon still intrigued him. He wanted to be with Chiara, that much he could admit, but if she had killed Damon, then perhaps his life was in danger as well. He was a little too relieved when she blatantly told him that her feelings for the Alpha were nothing more than respect for authority, absolutely no romantic feelings and - it seemed - only mild friendship. But he was nowhere near satisfied with her answer for staring at him. He knew she was admiring his muscles and he wanted her to say it outright. But then came the questions, the first he was sort of expecting but it was still a nuisance that everyone seemed obsessed with knowing everyone's pasts. But he knew it would be hypocritical of him to comment on it.

Well, I disagreed with the packs ideals on mating. When my mother brought a stolen fae from Tortall to my den and told me I was to mate her, I said no. Arranged matings were commonplace for us, but I just never felt it was right. She was a beautiful fae to be sure, but it was my breaking point after a build up of mistrust over my then two and a half years. Of course a fight ensued, earning me these three scars, he went slightly cross-eyed to look down his muzzle at the very prominent marks on it's left side. Thats not to say I would betray our Alpha, but I won't hesitate to tell him when I disagree with his decisions.

He thought on her second question, but was stumped. I don't really know. I don't remember anything from my den days and everything after that was being trained as a killer. I guess it could be today, but it's not quite a memory yet.

And then the final question, the easiest of all. Thats easy. Of course I would like to ascend to a higher rank once the Aloha decides I am worthy. I am a trained guardian, so that might seem the natural choice. But I really want to become the Beta and serve as Steele's right paw.

His turn to query once more. Alright, my turn. How exactly did Damon die? Are you happy with where you are now? And, have any brutes caught your eye, you know, since Damon?
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 22:22

Chiara listened and nodded as he spoke. She remembered asking him about how he left earlier, but this answer was more detailed. She couldn't imagine being forced to mate someone she didn't know and had respect for him for turning own the rank. You should mate for love not power. She smiled at his response to the second question and smiled wider as he replied to the last. He could very well be the next Beta, he had all the qualities. Even if she didn't rank up that high and he surpassed her she would respect him, he earned that and deserved it.

"How Damon died goes back to the hatred my father had for me. After he gave me my scar I ran from the pack and he hunted me down for years. When me and Damon were alone he finally found me and tried to kill me. I was too afraid and stupid to defend myself, so Damon died protecting me. It was my fault he died, I should have fount back instead of standing there like a scared rabbit." She confessed, averting her gaze from him again. To tell the tale made her heart ache, what would he think of her now?

His next questions took her mind off his last for a second. "I'm very happy where I am now. I am the best warrior in the pack and help train others. I can't see myself doing anything different. I don't want power only to be the best I can be, which is here and now."

"Caught my eye? I have too much of my mind to be looking for eyes to catch Mag. It wouldn't be right for me to have a mate, not after what happened with Damon, not yet. Friends yes I look for, that's what I see with you at least." she said, smiling at him. "Ok any faes catch your eye here? I know the healer Aziza is......interesting." She said with a chuckle. "Umm what was the first prey you caught? Lastly what were you like as a pup?" She asked, making the questions random.

Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 22:48

He was saddened that she felt that way about the incident. But he couldn't say any thing until she had finished. She she had, he nuzzled into her neck, offering some form of comfort. His death was never your fault. Your father was cruel and stupid and Damon died in the most honourable way possible, protecting the one he loved. If you can't find solace in my words, at least find solace in that fact. And you have every right to move on and find someone else if and when you should feel ready. Everybody deserves happiness. He respected that she was happy with where she was, but was saddened by her third answer for reasons that shouldn't need to be spelt out. Once more came the questions. This time he chose to answer the questions in reverse. Mostly because he was avoiding the question she asked first.

Well, as a pup I was pretty serious. I was trained from the moment my eyes and ears we're open. There was nothing but training. No time for play or fun. Life was pretty restrictive. As for your second question, my first prey was a very feisty beaver who didn't like me walking across his dam.

He took a breath to steady himself. If she was going to be honest, then so was he. The brute pushed himself off the ground so he was sitting tall and proud in reorient of Chiara. He chuckled. Yeah, Aziza is very interesting. But not quite my type. My type is more of a fighter. Strong in both body and mind. But she has a hidden sweet side. She's honourable and courageous. Swift and sure. She knows both darkness and light and embraces both. He paused, finding his gaze had travelled to his paws. He raised his eyes to look at Chiara tentatively, unsure of her reaction. Ands he's sitting right in front of me.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 23:07

Her eyes remained down even as she felt him nuzzling her. The feeling was foreign to her and she choose not to fight it. Leaning into him she accepted the comfort he gave her and listened to his words. Kodiak was the only other one who knew her story and he too had told her it wasn't her fault. Falling of deaf ears then, now after time she let his words sink in and think about the matter. Perhaps it wasn't her fault in the long run, for it had been her father from the start. His madness had driven him to find her and it was Damon's love that drove him to die. A act such as that had no fault in her. She did have Damon to thank for he had saved her life and awakened her true self in sacrificing her. After the act she pushed herself to train and without that she wouldn't be the same wolf she was today. Pressing her body into her embrace Chiara sighed, letting a small hold of her hurt escape with her breath, this was a start.

"Be strong for me and be happy once more. Find someone to live for, to fight for and you will never regret anything."

Damon's last words to her echoed loudly in her head. For the longest time she hadn't fully understood what he wanted, that was until she pulled back from Magnus and looked into his eyes. Again her world stopped and his words about her next questions went in one ear and out the other, until the last one. Not being stupid to the looks he gave her she figured he liked her a bit, but his deceleration caught her off guard. Speechless she remained staring at his eyes, her maw quivering as it fought to smile. I want to find someone Damon, to love and fight for. I want to be strong for you. I just don't want to get hurt again. "I...I don't know what to say. I'm flattered Mag." She stammered out, still caught in his gaze until it became awkward and she looked away. "I'm flattered you feel that way about me and I must admit the feeling is a bit mutual." She confessed, drawing a circle in the dirt with her paw. "But" she started, trying to say this without hurting him as much as possible, "I'm just not ready now to settle down. Perhaps in time, but not now. I'm sorry." She said standing and turning to leave, her heart heavy.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 23:30

He was scared. So very scared of her reply. I'm flattered... Oh god. He thought Flattered means no. Dammit she's not interested. How dumb could you be, Magnus? but then she said the feelings mutual. Yes! She likes me! Is this real? But... Yes, there was a but. And it was no good one. She didn't want him. Not now and maybe not ever. She offed an apology but it fell on deaf ears. Then she left. And all he could do was fall to his haunches with drooped posture. Exhausted.

He didn't know what to do. He couldn't understand. He just wanted to be with her. What had he done so wrong? Why would she leave him like that? But Magnus wasn't one to simply give up. He was a fighter. And he would fight. The brute ran after her, calling her name as he chased her. When he caught up to her, he jumped in front of her, facing the fae with determination in his fiery eyes. He didn't miss the sadness in her own and he had to use it. It was low, but he had been trained to exploit his opponents weakness. And right now his opponent to getting Chiara was Chiara. Chia, what are you doing? Why are you running from me? You said the feeling was mutual and I can see it in your eyes that you want this too. So what's holding you back? If it's my constant flirting I promise it's all fake and I'll stop it if you want. I just need to understand why you are fighting this if it's so clearly what you want. He widened his stance, making it clear that she wasn't going anywhere.

Last edited by Guardian Magnus on December 3rd 2014, 17:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 23:45

Her heart hurt her more to let him down than she first thought. Sighing she walked off, deaf to his calling until she jumped in front of her. Slamming her paws to the ground she stopped short, her ears falling back in annoyance. She had tried to be nice to him, but now things were getting serious. It was true that he interested her to some extent, but they still were new to each other. She wouldn't fall blindly into a match with sweet words to a practical stranger. No, if she wad going to follow Damon's advice things would need to take time. If Magnus wanted her so bad he needed to be patient. Then there was the matter that held Chiara back from even thinking about them as a "them", the hurt. Glaring at him she defiantly wove her way around him and flashed her tail in the air. "I am walking away from this Magnus. I told you I need time, we barely know each other. If you have any respect for me at ll you'll honor that and give me space. I'm not some rare prize to be won over I'm a girl with real feelings. Now move." She snorted at him, letting her anger cloud her pain.

If they didn't get together and remained friends the pain wouldn't be as bad as if they were together. No, if they were together the pain would be a million times as bad, something she didn't want to feel again. No, it was easier this way, at least for now. In her twisted mind this made sense, to hold back for half of what she wanted for "what ifs" Her heart ached to do this, but the prospect of hurting more made her stick this out. As much as she didn't want to hurt him she had to look out for herself, as greedy as it sounded. But, the pain in his voice made her look back and her lip quivered. "Please just give me space, it will be easier." She croaked out, "I don't want to get hurt again."
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 23:58

He watched her go with sad eyes. He wanted to chase her but she said she wanted space. If he wanted any chance with her, he had to respect that. But it killed him to do so. The sound of her footfalls grew silent behind him and when he was certain she was gone, he whispered. You're not a prize to be won. You're so much more than that. But I can't explain it. But I wish we could get to know each other better, now I fear I've ruined everything. I just wish you could see how much I care. His body sagged and his head dropped, his ears falling to rest on his head as a low whine escaped his maw. Scrunching his eyes shut in an attempt to block out the pain, he choked out. I would never hurt you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can see what's happening - what?! - and they don't have a clue! (Chiara)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1