Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wishful Thinking

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Wishful Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2013, 19:22

The pale light of late afternoon peaked through the sparse trees and filtered over the freshly fallen snow like glitter. Sparkling like the night sky on the clearest nights a sharp silence befell over the land, blanketing all sound. Suddenly as if on cue a new sound emerged and broke through the blanket with defiant crunching and panting. Weariness followed the lone figure as days of traveling finally caught up to him, exhaustion painted clearly on his face. Two weeks of walking from a small band of loners left Marrok tired and frustrated, for he had almost let the idea of belonging to a pack slip into his mind. Being a loner for the better part of a year didn't sit well of the male wolf, for being with a pack was his true calling. Longing filled Marrok for a home and a pack to belong to, not the solitude of the forest nor the vastness of the open sky. No, he yearned for a new family and the chance to start over from his rocky start to life.

The hazy sun dropped slightly and a patch of light fell of the large male. Standing tall Marrok paused for a second to shed his reddish brown and tan fur of trace flakes as they peppered his coat. Large brown rimmed ears swiveled back as if he expected someone to be following him, only to have his hunch shot down. No, he was alone in this barren landscape and it was up to him to change that fact. Bright yellow eyes peered forward, searching for any sign of life, only to be forced to squint by an icy blast of wind. Gritting his teeth against the early winter wind Marrok changed his path West, hoping for better luck. He wasn't picky about where his paws led him, he only wished now to be rid of this wind. Standing tall at the shoulder and broad at the chest, Marrok was acting more like a sail against this wind than evading it. Being almost pushed North the male's path was starting to veer towards a band of pine and a lingering scent.

Pricking up his ears the scent of wolves flooded over Marrok, feelings of exhaustion and frustration soon forgotten. Now more determined he pushed his way towards the pines until the scent of a boarder could be smelled. With a pulsating nose Marrok soaked up the promising scent of pine and wolves, a male to be precise. Excitement leaked through his pores as his yellow eyes now scanned the area, hoping this was indeed a pack's land. After a few moments he paused in his scanned to sit his haunches in the snow. His large brown tail wrapped neatly around his equally large feet and he contemplated his next move. Normal conduct would tell him to howl for acceptance, yet the wariness of a new land told him to lay low for a bit in case he were ambushed. Minutes passed and a sigh of realization fell over Marrok that no amount of waiting would get him accepted. Deciding to bite the bullet the large male lifted his maw to call out into the wind, hoping it would carry to wandering ears.
Back to top Go down
Steele of Erenyx
Administrator
Administrator
Steele of Erenyx

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Wishful Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2013, 20:15

Snow and ice had started to fall harder and thicker than the last few weeks of winter. The wolves had already gathered enough food to hold over for winter. Azul warned to wolves to be careful during such conditions, but when did the onyx brute ever listen to the ivory Alpha? Never. The male quietly snuck from his den, shaking the snow from his ears. He snarled at te cold, trying to cut through his fur. Luckily his winter coat was in full and ready to take the harsh winter head on. His silver eyes as he looked over the blankets of snow covering the land he used to know. This would be his first winter living here. His black paws moved slowly over the white covered floor. He continued to walk about his way, hearing for absolutely nowhere. Thoughts of exploring the falls or running in the fields, watching the snow flurries attack the world. Before he could make up his mind, he heard a faint howl. His ears perked forward, searching for the origin of the noise.

He quickened his pace, hurrying to the border. The wind blew hard against him, cutting into his fur. Little pieces of snow flew up into his snout, sending the freezing cold up his nasal canal. A low growl escaped his lips, angrily he pressed on. Soon as he approached the border, he saw a wolf sitting in the weather. Silver hues looked up and down the brute, watching him curiosly. Visibility was hard, but Steele figured the brute would would be able to smell him by now. Without making the brute suffer the harsh conditions any longer, he was on approach. He walked until he was just inches away from the other. Dominance washed over his whole body, forcing his tail to curl over his spine, chest to stick out, and his head held high. But when he was finally before him, his attitude turned sour. How dare this male sit with such dominance. He was asking the pack to allow his entrance and yet, here he sat disrespectfully. "So let me get this straight.. You come to my border, asking for an audience with the Alpha and here you sit, high and mighty. Tell me why I should accept you after this sign of disrespect," he snarled, keeping his head taller than the other. Steele was the second largest wolf in the pack, next to Azul.
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Wishful Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2013, 20:44

Time passed and Marrok grew stiff from the wind and cold. True he had longer fur than most and it insulated him well, the cold still stung his skin and made the urge to shiver almost unbearable. Snow stung at his face and Marrok forced himself to keep his eyes open and to be alert. Swirls of snow made scents ring in and out, making the male almost jump in surprise as a black male approached him swiftly. Going on the defense Marrok stood up quickly and sized up the male, judging him to be larger than himself, but only just. Not one to roll belly up to some random brute Marrok dipped his head courteous nod that showed mutual respect for the male. He reeked with the sights of dominance, yet by the boarder smells Marrok figured he wasn't the Alpha, though he did hold rank. Not wanting to seem dominant Marrok averted his eyes from direct contact while still standing before the onyx male. "Greetings male, please excuse me sitting on this patch of snow I didn't know that keeping one's feet warm portrayed dominance. I show no disrespect to you male and only ask to be allowed to the pack that resides here." His voice rang clear and confident, he would not appear weak before this male and would fight if needed.

"I have traveled for a long time alone and seek a pack to call home. I was the Beta of my home pack under the leadership of my father the Alpha. I assure you i am a good asset to have in a pack as I can hunt and fight very well." He said emphasizing the "very" as he spoke. Marrok didn't like this male very much, but wouldn't let that feeling show in this encounter. Throughout this the male remained poise and confident, yet respectful and alert. He wouldn't allow this to lead to a fight, yet wanted to be accepted at any cost. "I pledge my loyalty to this pack if you would accept me, you won't be sorry." He finished casting a small smirk at the male before him. Unsure if this show of confidence would lead to acceptance or to be chased out Marrok was willing to gamble on it.

There were plenty of packs around this area, so even if he wasn't accepted here it wouldn't break his heart. No, his heart had been ripped from his chest and spat on already, so a little more negativity wouldn't harm it. Having one's mate killed by their best friend did that to people. The sting of seeing his beautiful mates fur bloodied and torn left him breathless and empty. Never had such a feeling of powerlessness fell upon the strong male, and never would it leave him. The act of killing her murderer left a bitter taste in his mouth when in his rage the death of his father fell on him as well. That was the final straw in Marrok's life, as all memories of the Alpha and his past fast forwarded and re-winded at warp speed. Shaking his head slightly Marrok rid his mind of such images and pulled the mask back over his mind, and with that he was confident again.
Back to top Go down
Steele of Erenyx
Administrator
Administrator
Steele of Erenyx

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Wishful Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 15:33

"When you are requesting anything from a pack, as a loner, you she me submission! Lay down, do not stand, pin your ears back, wrap your tail under your belly! Something! This stance you hold now is not submissive!" he growled. His lips curled back, bearing his blackened gums and blood-stained fangs. His dead eyes pierced the other's. Silver hues stared down at the yellow orbs before him. His tail was stiff in a curved shape, the fur along his spine stood up. Steele had no patience for this type of attitude. "If your feet are so cold, maybe you can't handle living in these conditions?" Steele was now testing the other. Would he continue to show this stance or would he submit to the Beta? "I am Beta Steele, and you shall address me as such." He wasn't too thrilled about the brute right now, but possibly that would change. There definitely was potential in him.
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Wishful Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 20:03

Now Marrok was getting somewhere. This brute before him reminded him so much of his "friend" in his home pack it wasn't even funny. He yearned for power like it was honey or a female in heat, how sickening. Remaining in his current stance Marrok flicked a smirk at Steele then tilted his ears back ever so softly. "I greet you again Beta, I must say to show such a display to a loner such as myself must make you feel important. I too was a Beta in my home pack and know the rigors of listening to the Alpha, tailing after them like a pup and never getting to have fun. I had my fair share of tormenting worthless whelps on the boarders just as you are doing here now. I commend you for this and will show respect for you, however I show true submission to the Alpha, or unless he dictates me to do otherwise." Marrok's voice hung firm, knowing the law of his pack and carried it to here.

"I do respect you, if you don't believe me I shall leave and find another pack that gives me a warmer welcome. I know this attitude comes with the job, so I sympathize with you, it must grow tiring." Marrok was rambling now and rolled his eyes as he spoke. His words hung true that he wouldn't show true submission unless by the Alpha. He also would show it to a wolf he knew would defeat him in battle, Marrok had his doubts that would happen. Remaining modest in his mind Marrok didn't let on to that hunch and cept his wits up, less Steeley here decided play time was over. "Addressing if my body is suitable for this climate I would have to disagree with you Beta. My home pack lived in the mountains where we saw more white than green. The cold doesn't faze me", and neither do empty threats.
Back to top Go down
Steele of Erenyx
Administrator
Administrator
Steele of Erenyx

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Wishful Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2013, 00:03

Steele began to grow tired of his constant replies of his old pack and his old rank. Now he was nothing. He was a loner. Why did he continue to speak about it? None of that mattered to Steele, in fact it only made him more angry. His stance did not change, his mind would not shake from the ideas he held within. He began to pace before the other, watching him with his peripherals. He thought quietly to himself, speaking in replies to the other. "I do not follow my Alpha as a pup follows his mother, wishing to feed from her," he snarled sourly. Steele grumbled to himself some more, breathing in the cool air. The sting of the frost hitting his air pipes, causing him to speak in a rather strange and strained tone. "why do you feel the need to only submit to the Alpha? As Beta I have the ability to kill you where you stand, should I choose not to accept you. I don't know how things were ran in your pack, but I am second in command here, what I say does matter. It sounds like your father placed you under him to be his errand pup!" he snapped. Before Steele could say or do anything more, he heard the noise of snow crashing to the ground. His ears tweaked backwards, looking for the noise. He dared not take his eyes from the loner before him. Before he even had a chance to look, the Alpha's scent was strong in his nose. A low growl escaped his maw, slowly his mannerisms changed to a less dominant stance. 'So much for all that,' he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Wishful Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2013, 03:43

Many minutes had passed since Azul heard the call of a wolf at his border. He knew Steele would be quick to welcome him, but why was it taking so long. The large Alpha grew tired of wondering, curious to see what was happening. He stood up from his comfortable spot, standing and stretching at the same time. His white paws blended with the white blanket that nested on the ground. As he made his way north, he could smell both Steele and the new male at the border. His ears listened for any hints of aggression or of a fight. His accusations were correct. He heard the rough voice of his Beta, possibly scolding the other for lack of respect. Azul rolled his eyes before entering their view. It appeared as though Steele had known he was there even before revealing himself to the pair. He watched as the once overly dominant Beta switched to a less dominant stance than himself. Azul was a proud brute, unaffected by the winter's harsh conditions, his large and thick coat made everything better for him. His eyes fell to the male of similar colored eyes. His smile was kind, just as it always had been. If he was going to stop this confrontation from going south, he would have to use a great sense of positive vibes from here on out. "I see you have met my Beta," looking over at Steele with an agitated glare, then looking back to Marrok. "I am Alpha Azul and who might you be?" Although the Alpha did not ask for submission, he hoped the brute would show it now. He wanted to prove a point to his blackened counterpart. "What brings you to my lands? Do you seek shelter?" he said as his eyes wandered to the blizzard which seemed to come down harder and harder. The wind continued to crash against them, howling as if in pain. But the Alpha was not bothered by this for his coat, his wonderful ivory coat.
Back to top Go down
https://ageofthewolves.rpg-board.net
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Wishful Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2013, 06:48

Thoughts of snark remarks rang in Marrok's ears, yet they did little to change the impression the Beta had of him. Before him he seemed no more than a whiny, power hungry rat, it was a personality he had seen before. In his old pack a male named Darek sought out his Beta position and saught vengeance when The Alpha gave it to him. Fueled by rage Derek sought out Marrok's mate and murdered her while he was away. The cowardly act left him bitter towards these egotistical rock heads, and Steeley fit this bill. A small growl started to grow in his maw as the Beta's threats drove home. "Do not talk of my father like that, he was a great leader and knew better than to make me an errand pup." He said, his voice breaking a bit into frustration. He willed himself not to give into Steele, it was growing harder.

Just then on the wind a new scent fell over the pair, it had an interesting affect on the Beta. Changing his posture to that of respect and annoyance a ivory male stepped out into view. The harsh wind made Marrok squint to see him, but he could tell he was massive and held a high air of authority. Thinking fast Marrok guessed him to be the Alpha, and his thought proved true as Azul spoke. Mentally smirking Marrok dropped his front to the ground and tucked his head down, almost touching the snow. It was an obvious sign of respect and submission and he wished he could see the look on Steele's face as he did this. "I am Marrok Alpha Azul, I have indeed met your Beta and he has been good company until you have reaced us." he spoke strong and his sarcastic words held no hint of the sneer on his voice. "I have come here to ask for acceptance into your pack if you see fit. I was a Beta in my old pack and know the ways of pack life. I am a good fighter and an excellent hunter." His gaze went from Azul's feet to now being half closed as he relaxed. "I will pledge my unyielding loyalty to you if you should accept me. Time has seen me searching for a new home and I hope that this may be my new one." He finished, though remained in the position he was in, front down while his hind remained higher as if he were bowing.

Last edited by Warrior Marrok on February 2nd 2013, 22:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Wishful Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2013, 22:36

ooc-Don't fret abut replying with your moving and stuff I'll wait patiently here lol
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Wishful Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2013, 22:50

Marrok, you are an accepted member of the pack and may play side plots. I apologize for my absence.
Back to top Go down
https://ageofthewolves.rpg-board.net
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Wishful Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 06:14

Thank you, I hope you guys have fun moving and have a safe journey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wishful Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wishful Thinking

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1