Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Final Stop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: A Final Stop? A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2013, 11:11

Peeking over the drifting clouds, the moon rose to light her way. Aveira has long since forgotten the feeling of love, of sadness, of loneliness. She has been trying to escape her mind, only to be reminded of how she is the last, of how she is the one who left. Pounding along the damp forest floor, she came to a screeching halt. Sticking her nose in the air she smelt the sent of a pack, a growl escaped her lips. "Whose pack is this?" She muttered.

Curious, she began to walk toward the smell. Stopping, she thought, What if they are like the one I ran from? Turning around, she began to pound at the ground again, but this time with feelings of doubt. As she passed each tree, leaped over each stream, she grew more and more doubtful. She wondered how she was going to survive, for she has not eaten in days, she was drowsy and weak. She remembered her family then, would she want to let them down by dying? No.

Forcing herself to find the Alpha, she ran back to where she stopped. The sun was just beginning to rear its bright face, for a sign of the new day. Plopping herself down, she brought up her muzzle, and let out a song wishing to be accepted. Aveira then sat up straight, ears alert, and ready to fight. If anyone wishes to challenge me, she thought, I will prove I am worthy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop? A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2013, 18:54

(Sorry I am not the Alpha. I have permission to accept you into the pack by the Alpha to help him out with the wolves waiting to be accepted, for he is very busy with other matters at this time.)

Ember had been venturing the area when she heard the howl. She was close to this howl so she thought, why not? Bunching up her small muscles under her, Ember leaped into an almost sprint. The small fae was fast and made it close to the newcomer within under a minute. Picking up the scent, she realized tat this was a lone female. Standing tall, Ember trotted to where the female waited. Analyzing her with her snowy eyes, Ember noticed the visible ribs and her heart sank a little. The fae had been near starvation herself one time and she knew how the other female felt.

Walking closer to the female, she then sat a few feet away in a dominant position. It's not that she wanted to assert dominance, it was just that she had to show that the loner wouldn't be able to push her around because she was dominant until the other wolf had an equal or higher ranking. Tilting her head slightly, Ember spoke in her English accented voice. "Hello, I am Warrior Ember. What brings you to my pack's border?" She kept her snowy eyes locked on the other fae in case she posed a threat. Ember hoped she looked presentable enough to be meeting a newcomer. Her black and grey swirled fur was fluffed from the winter chill and her ears flicked around, waiting to hear the newcomer's reply.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop? A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2013, 21:23

Staring at this new wolf, her midnight gold eyes scanning the one named Ember, Aveira started to speak. “Warrior Ember”, she said, “my name is Averia. I have traveled to this border in search of a new, kind family. I have come to start a new, hoping to find friends, comfort, and happiness – I have lost all within my lifetime so far.” Still standing tall, Aveira ignored the threatening calls her stomach made, or how her eyes simply wanted to drop, putting her into a deep sleep. This female, she thought, can take me down if I show to be a threat. “I can see some pity in your eyes,” Aveira murmured, “always pity.”

Looking in the direction Ember had come, then glancing back at Ember’s healthy coat, Aveira decided to be a friend rather than an enemy. “What are the conditions of this pack? Does the Alpha and the other ranks treat each other with dignity? Or,” Aveira paused, “are certain wolves forced to do things they do not wish to do.” She growled. Taking a deep breath, Aveira began to calm down, but she still kept up her guard.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop? A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 06:14

"It is nice to meet you, Averia. You have come to the right place. This pack is kind to one another and has the nicest Alpha you could ever see. Friends, comfort, and happiness are what we give among other things. It is not pity you see in my eyes, it is sorrow. I've been in you position before and I know how you feel." Seeing how weak this other female was, she decided to relax a bit.

"The conditions of this pack are simple, depending on your ranking. The Alpha and the others all treat each other with the utmost respect. We do not force things upon others if they do not wish them. I would stay away from Beta Steele, though. He likes to think he is the Alpha and will force you to do things. If he is around, stay close to Alpha Azul. All in all, this place is like a paradise. We haven't ever gotten into a war with another pack. So, if you decide to join I welcome you to sanctuary." Ember knew this female couldn't last long without any food, so she kindly said. "Excuse me, I'll be right back."

Trotting on silent paws, she saw a plump hare hopping around. Getting into a crouch, she leaped and bit into its neck until it stopped moving. Shaking it a few times, she then trotted back to Aveira. Dropping it in front of the other female, Ember spoke kindly. "Here, you won't last long if you are too weak to hunt."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 16:01

Licking her lips, Aveira closed her eyes and murmured a silent prayer. Looking back at Ember, she said, “Thank you kindly.” Hungrily, Aveira devoured every last edible piece. Content with her silent stomach, she spoke again to the female. “I can tell, not only by your words and how strong you look, but also how you speak. This is definitely a caring pack. Does this pack associate with the alpha Heitea? Also, does it offer protection?” Noticing the female began to relax, Aveira softened her gaze.

Wanting to join this pack, but not being completely sure, Aveira began to run thoughts through her head, not knowing whether Ember was talking or not. What if the pack isn't as she says? What if this pack treats me differently? Would I stick out because of my color or talents? Thinking of these thoughts, she spaced out. Coming back to her mind, she remembered what she was doing. “Oh sorry Ember, did you say something?” Aveira said, embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop? A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 17:30

"You are very welcome, Aveira. No, I do not believe we have ever heard of the alpha Heitea. I have never heard of an alpha with that name. Yes, our pack does offer protection. If you wish to be a warrior, you will be asked to fight along with the other warriors. Fighting is rare though unless it is between pack members, but that is rare too." Ember watched as the other fae tore into the hare. She knew that the food wouldn't last very long, but it would give Aviera strength to hunt on her own. The fae gave a small smile to the other wolf, trying to be as nice as Azul.

Feeling a tingling in her leg, Ember bent down to lick the jagged scar on her leg that ran from her paw to her shoulder. Looking back up at Aveira, it seemed she was having a mental war with herself. Seeing the doubt on her face, Ember decided to comfort her a small bit. When she asked if she had been speaking, Ember replied. "I was simply saying that I'm sure this pack is for you. When I came here, I was nearly dead and covered in mud. I've never been stronger. I don't exactly fit with the other wolves, but they accept me anyway and I couldn't be more grateful. What role in this pack would you want?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 18:21

“Thank god. I do not suppose you would. I happen to have lived with that pack for a while, I left my brother there… I am glad there is protection in this pack.” Unconsciously, she began to gnaw on the bones, making designs using her teeth. Some swirled down to the end while others stopped abruptly, forming one line with another. This design took up the whole bone, covering it with serrated lines like ice, or smooth lines like the wind. “Tell me, who teaches you how to hunt? My parents never got the chance to teach u—me. The pack I went to only let the Elites and Warriors hunt, and since I was only a Beta, I never was able to learn.” Surprised about what she was doing, she dropped the bone.

Glancing at Ember, she thought, what happened to her leg? Aveira began to speak but decided against it. Listening to Ember, Aveira’s eyes seemed to grow larger. “You were on your death bed? So, if they had restored you and made you stronger… So you and I are kind of alike in some way, we both stand out.” Pondering her question, she recalled her old dream. “Well I have always wanted to train to be an Elite. Though, I don’t know if I would be strong enough or if there would be any openings. I just want to be stronger and to learn how to fight.” Thinking again, she added. “For my family I must become stronger, no matter what I have to do. Ember, could you help me along the way? I know no wolves in this pack, and none know me, none besides you.” She began to look at Ember. She searched for something in the female’s grey eyes, something familiar. This wolf, she thought, reminds me of my sister, but, why?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop? A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 19:57

Ember watched as Aveira gnaw on the bones and form very intricate patterns. The fae herself tended to do that when she felt more aggressive. Listening intently to Aveira's words, Ember responded softly. "The Elite or the Beta teaches you to hunt, fight, or whatever you need to learn. I personally didn't need to be taught, for in my last pack I was one of the high ranking warriors. In this pack, being a Beta requires you to be able to fight and hunt. It is sad that you weren't allowed to learn."

Listening to the other fae ask if she was on her death bed brought terrible memories. She looked down at her scar and remembered how she earned it. Coming into this pack had been the best thing she ever did. "Yes, I was going to die and was counting down my days when I got here. They gave me new hope and restored me to be even better than I was. So, I guess we are alike in more ways than one. I'm sure you could eventually become an Elite, if you train hard and listen to whoever is teaching you. Fighting for your family is a great motivation. I had an adoptive family before I came here and I never knew my birth mother. They are all dead now, so I don't have any attachments to hang on to. I guess I have siblings out there somewhere, but I don't know since I was adopted early as a pup."

It hurt Ember to not know if she her siblings were alive or not, but it wasn't something she could help. At Averia asking for her help, Ember's snowy eyes locked onto hers. "Yes, I will help you become the best you can be in any way I can. If you would like me to train you, I guess we could ask the Alpha for permission. I will help you become stronger in any way possible. So would you like to start out as a warrior?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop? A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 21:19

At the thought of getting a friend and growing stronger, Aveira turned almost pup like. “Oh yes! Thank you Ember! You would be the first one to train me and to maybe become my friend.” Suddenly the young female jumped up and let her tongue hang out of her mouth. Aveira, showed her teeth, almost at a smile. “I don’t know how I could thank you enough!” Finally calming down, she sat and curled her tail around herself.

Shaking her head, she returned to her normal calm self. “When would I be able to meet Alpha Azul? I am sure he is busy, but would he be able to spare some time?” Peeking at Ember, Aveira spoke with much kindness. “Hey,” she said, “cheer up. I don’t know what’s got your tail, and you don’t have to tell me, but if it has to do with your past then try to only think of the future. Maybe you get a mate, or pups. Perhaps you get put into a higher rank. Whatever your wish is, only aim for the top!” She looked into Ember’s eyes with much passion and determination, for she wished the female would feel the same. “So, shall we get going? Or am I to wait until the Alpha accepts me?” She asked, adding a bit of sarcasm on her last sentence.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop? A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 06:15

Ember smile at Averia's pup-ish behavior. "You have no need to thank me, I offered in the first place. Alpha Azul, I'm afraid, is going to be rather busy for a while. That is why I'm meeting wolves at the border after I asked his permission." Ember's tail wagged slightly, but then stopped when Averia told her to cheer up. "I have been working on getting over what happened to me. I am almost over it, but I just would like to know if I had any living siblings." A small laugh left Ember when Averia mentioned what might happen in her future.

"A mate? Oh, no males take any interest in me. A higher rank would be rather gratifying, but that is for the Alpha to decide. I will, as you say, 'aim for the top'." Ember saw the passion and determination in the other wolf's eyes, and she mirrored it. Ember couldn't wait to start helping another grow stronger. She was already teaching Caretaker Creek some easy tasks, but it would be much more gratifying to actually train a pure warrior like herself. "We shall get going. Like I said, the Alpha is very busy, but I am sure he would accept you. Welcome to the pack, Warrior Averia."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2013, 22:47

"Oh, but I do! I must thank you! For without you, I'd never have the same experience if it were someone else besides you." She frowned, "That's unfortunate, nevertheless, I will wait to meet with him if I must." Hearing this, she laughed, "That's so cool that you meet the wolves after hearing each of their songs." Contemplating this, she replied with all the wisdom she could muster at that point, "In due time Ember, I am sure you will get over what ever, or whom ever, but it takes time. You know that." She watched the female's face as she mentioned what could happen.

Smirking, she shrugged, "Anything is possible, remember? Who know, you may find that perfect mate. Once you get that rank, higher than your own, you may be mated with the male you never thought about. None deserve a higher rank, than you do." Noticing the mirrored expression, she grinned. She began to think of what to speak of next, letting her mind wander. Coming back to the conversation, she began to say what she wanted, but realized Ember was speaking. "I'll be glad to wait for him, and in the meantime, we could train or I could get used to the area. Let's get started!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop? A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2013, 00:24

"You do not have to wait for him unless you wish to. It has been my job to welcome wolves into the pack for the Alpha, and that is just what I will do. I do suppose meeting the newest members is rather enjoyable." A small smirk lifted her in the corner of her mouth, amused at the fae's enthusiasm. When Aveira mention that she would eventually get over what she had to, the smirk almost fell. She managed to keep her face composed, even though she didn't know what to say in response. Deciding silence was better, she look at Aveira curiously.

When Aveira said something about Ember's future, she almost laughed. Ember's luck was terrible with everything, but Aveira's words gave her a slight hope. "If you say so Aveira. I thank you for those kind words." There was something about this fae that Ember like instantly, and she dipped her head towards Aveira. "If you wish to wait we can, In the mean time it is your choice what we do. I am not bothered by either option." Standing up, she went into a bow to stretch. For a small fae, her legs were long and bunched up easily. They needed to stretch constantly. Looking up at the other fae, Ember tilted her head, waiting for the fae to speak.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2013, 13:20

"Either way," she said, "I'll need to meet him eventually." From the seeing the smirk and mentioning what could come of her future, she noticed the slight difference in Ember's face. Tension grew, and she new that if she wanted silence, she would give it. Aveira saw the slight difference, as it also grew to curiosity. She told her again of her could-be future.

"No thanks needed, for with just courage can talk one a long way." She replied, with greater determination than before. She couldn't believe what she was doing, she'd never felt like this before, then again, she never had a friend before. She liked the feeling, she loved the expression on Ember's face.

Pondering her next response, she replied with much excitement. "Let's go home." She never said those words before. She didn't know they could ever come our of her maw. She liked them, the words, this new friend, she nature surrounding her fur-- everything. She wanted to see this pack, she wanted to call it home as many wolves have before her. She wanted to live her life, just as her family before her has. She found her home, and she found it because of this wolf named Ember.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop? A Final Stop? Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2013, 17:57

Ember looked at Aveira with her snow white eyes. "Yes, you will have to meet him either way." One of the fae's small ears flattened, making her look to be one eared. She watched her new friend with curiosity. How had they become friends so fast? Shaking her head, she though, you are too nice sometimes. Her peppered tail curled and wagged slightly, flicking her ears around.

"Courage can also be broken down and smashed. There are many ways to break someone, some of us are unlucky enough to experience it." Ember had that look in her eyes, knowing her words were true because she had experienced it herself. The fae was terrified that once Aveira got to know her, she would be scared. Ember wasn't fully sane. Anyone who stayed around her would learn that quickly.

At her friend's next words, Ember moved her small frame to a standing position. Her ears flicked forward, proud to call this place her home. "Yes, let's go home." Turning, she motioned for Aveira to follow her. Starting off into a graceful trot, her feeling changed rapidly until they settled on warmth. Yes, this was home.

OCC - you can post in the camp clearing.... I will follow soon after-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Final Stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Final Stop? A Final Stop? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Final Stop?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1