Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Long Time Traveler

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Long Time Traveler Empty
PostSubject: A Long Time Traveler A Long Time Traveler Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2014, 17:52

Ranissa drew in a deep breath, the cold air cripsing her lungs on the inside. The cool mountain air was slowly released from her expanded lungs and pushed out into the cold air coming up as a large puff of steam. It rolled up only a few feet before dissipating above her head. Ranissa took a few slow steps forward her paws sinking into the soft snow. Her white legs seemed the same color as the snow but it ended at her upper legs with the soft creamy brown that they were. Her breath was coming out in slow measurements, she was plodding along. Her thoughts were on Roman the old shaman of her pack, she missed him..she missed her parents. Ranissa shook her head and let out a softer growl to steady herself, the growl seemed to echo off the threes. It was quiet, the birds were not chirping and no wind rolled by. The only sound were Ranissa's breathing and the soft sounds of her feet moving through the powdery snow. The grey clouds above made Ranissa a little nervous, it meant a storm. They were moving very slowly due to the lack of wind but she could see of in the distance snow slowly drifting down. She shook her head, her light brown ears pulled back slightly. This will not be good. She turned back and the breeze picked up and a scent caught her nose. It stopped her in her tracks, Ranissa lifted her head up to take in the scent a little more. Yes, there it was again..that scent. Ranissa drew in a deep breath and slowly began moving towards the scent, it was sharp and male..but it had many wolf scents to it. This is the first sign of life that I have seen besides the prey. She thought to herself a slight smile curling the black lips on her muzzle. Coming up to a few tall pines Ranissa stopped, it was like an invisible line was spread out before her, and it stretched out before her and it was a warning but also an invitation. A border line. It was like a light going off in her head, telling her that it was what her instincts told her it was. She had remembered going out with her father and a few others of the pack and watching them mark the borders quite heavily. Her father may of been a friendly and trusting alpha but he was not a dumb one. Ranissa pushed those thoughts away and continued to stare at the border line quietly. I dont think...i will find another border line for many miles..and I can't keep going like this. She had been alone for too long and she was starting to become more paranoid by the day. Ranissa always thought she saw Butch or Cassidy in the forest around her, in her dreams, everywhere. Ranissa took in another breath this time to let out a howl. Her lungs expanded with the cool air and her head tilted up. Her muzzle opened and low howl slowly began emerging from her vibrating vocal cords. It slowly grew into a loud melodic howl and it grew into a howl that was calling for acceptance. Once she ended the howl she heard it echoing and she..for once smiled. "A new Home." She said aloud and slowly settled down on her haunches her beautiful creamy brown fur moving and shifting in the wind. Her light sky blue eyes were open and ready for someone to appear. She felt her heart flutter slightly, finally she would escape the past. She hoped.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Traveler A Long Time Traveler Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2014, 05:58

Water lapped at her paws with a grace all its own, being welcomed to take the heat embedded in within her. Triangular ears pinned flush against her cranium as eyes of different pigment glared silently up at the sun. Ever so slowly she submerged her agile form into the pond simply to cool off. The beta stared at the calm waters, taking no interest in splashing or playing. At one point in life she would have, but this was no longer the life of a pup. The fae lowered her head and began lapping up the liquid to feel it run through her body like a jolt of cool lightning. She welcomed the sensation though her irritation remained with the burning object in the sky. A fire orb that was the murderer of creatures during these times. Even the prey found themselves begging for a single cloud, or maybe a few drops of rain. There was no drought, do not be mistaken. It was simply the adaptation of creatures. Warmth was no longer needed and instead the cold was enjoyed. Quite funny, she thought, after a harsh winter that she would want such things back. It was the only time she could really manage to stay hidden, the pale pallor of her fur striking in stark contrast to the vibrant colors around her. It was almost as if her very color was stolen itself, drained to be given to the world around her. Maybe it was, she was not to know. She simply drank until she had her feel and moved her frame from the water’s semi-murky depths. As she did, her fur clung to her like a frightened pup. Nyx shook herself out until the alabaster locks would stand out in clumps. Almost immediately did she feel the warmth return once again, becoming full aware that her pelt would dry within minutes. It was then that she heard the howl. It climbed into her ears and gave a ruby flag to her brain. Almost without her consent did she begin to move towards the borders. When once was as used to this as she, it was rather hard not to react without taking a single thought to mind. Carelessly she began to loped towards the borders. Little droplets of water gathered and collected themselves until they were to take flight and land upon the vibrant ground. Like little skydivers, she thought, they were brave to charge to their doom with a blind eye.

The few minutes it took to get to her destination were enough for the damp in her fur to disappear, dry and shining beneath the small glances of light. The forest of pines was filled with shadows, a dancing ballroom of the darkest colors. She pushed through the brush almost silently, mixing in with her home naturally. It was a welcome feeling of the pine needles combing through her pelt, the shade cooling her temperature a few degrees. At the final wall of greenery did she stop, peering out to gaze upon the creamy fae to make sure she was alone. Satisfied that she was, Nyx removed herself from her hiding place and looked at the fae without batting an eye. The fur color of the female was a harsh reminder to her mind of what she had lost, stabbing her heart with yet another spike of the coldest ice. Externally she did not care or she at least looked the part. Her tail lifted in dominance and her ears pinned themselves halfway back. If she were in a worse mood she would have snarled, but her bloodlust had subsided for the moment being.The other female’s scent told her she was a loner, they had been getting a lot of those lately. Nyx did not waste time and spoke with a flat tone, cold feelings laced within the sounds of her voice. “Who are you, fae? If I am correct I believe you have come to join the ranks of this pack. If that is so, then state what you could possibly do to benefit this pack. I will not waste valuable time chit chatting.”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Traveler A Long Time Traveler Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2014, 08:47

Ranissa felt the wind blow through her soft fur and she shivered as the cold chill ran up her spine. Ranissa closed her eyes and she let out a soft breath her lungs expelling the carbon dioxide from her lungs. Ranissa slowly opened her ice like eyes as the chilly damp leaves that had not been covered with snow blew past her legs. She could feel the tendons in her legs slowly start to relax and as she was about to slowly go down to her belly she heard the huffs of a female and the pounding of feet. A wolf already? Ranissa thought her ear flicking with amusement. It had been a long time since she had been in a pack, the twinge she felt in her heart made her eyes narrow sharply. Her creamy brown fur was darker in contrast to the fae that appeared. Her fur was white, as white as the snow that laid in clumps on the ground. Ranissa watched her slowly walk up, she had an air of authority around her. It reminded her a lot of her mother who walked with the same gait and stood with her head held proud. To her, Nyx looked a lot like her mother Luna.Oh Luna, the bright yet guarded alpha female of Ranissa's old pack. She missed her mother, and her father but those days had to come to an end. Of course she would miss her parents always but now being as old as she was, she had to become a wolf who others could depend on. I can't be like i was. I must be depended on. She thought and straightened her spine a little but kept her head a little lower than Nyx. Her voice seemed sharp and quick and almost impatient. No time for introduction it seems. Ranissa thought but wanted to slow down a little to keep herself from stumbling over her words. Yes, nervous butterflies seemed to flicker through her stomach but with a flick of an ear she quickly pulled herself together. Ranissa's warm yet icy blue eyes looked over Nyx, before answering. "I am Ranissa." "The benefits i could bring to the pack are knowledge of various herbs and plants, but also the skills of a fighter, and border marker, and a hunter. I tend to do a lot on my own, but I was in a pack before I do know many of costs and rules of a pack." Ranissa voice carried a light tone but it did have a dark spot on the underneath as if she had something buried deep inside of her. Ranissa would not share to many of what happened to her, not unless it was an absolute need. The scars that lavished her brown and white pelt were slightly hidden under the cover of her thick fur. Again, another gust of wind came tromping through the trees stirring up little pellets of snow and loose leaves making them tumble in the wind. "You are?" Ranissa asked wishing to know the fae's name that stood before her. Ranissa had to remind herself that this was not like her father's pack. It would not be as friendly because not all wolves are the same. They never are. Never will they be...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Traveler A Long Time Traveler Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2014, 14:43

The wandering eyes stilled and focused on the female before her. She was to blink once, twice, three times and yet went undisturbed by the scenery around her. The calm was absorbed, a hawk with feathers unruffled. Nyx wouldn’t be ashamed to admit she eyed the fae, catching a look at what she had lost. The more one would look, the more the resemblances became obvious. It was because of this she could not be bothered to snarl at the female, let along lift her lips in the threatening manner. It was as if she were seeing a ghost that had came to haunt her. There were, of course, differences. The scars this fae had acquired did not belong to that of her double. Eyes set them apart as well, not navy but a brightly neon blue. Nyx saw none of this, rather lost her thoughts in the cream of the fae’s pelt. The memories came back at once. The swamp, the mud, the blood, the scent, and the tuft of creamy fur the same shade as what she was viewing now. She wanted to snap and tell Ranissa to leave, tell her that she didn’t belong there. All in the same, she wanted to be kind and allow the other female access. Ranissa’s voice broke whatever train of thought was about to leave the station, and the beta told herself that this was not who she wished it to be. That creature was gone, swallowed by the swamp with the bones resting at the bottom. She could not stand to step foot near that cursed place, but she was haunted either way. These thoughts, these feelings, all were hidden carefully by the mask of indifference upon her face. She acted as if she were assessing the fae along with what she said, eyeing the scars for a moment before letting them pass. No disabilities, no problem. Once the fae was done with her speech, Nyx nodded once. “Well then, simply give me an oath and you will be pronounced a warrior. One thing that you must understand is that, in this pack, we do not tolerate the weak. Either grow a backbone or die while it is lost. Independence is good and valued among the ranks here. I will watch you closely and assess if you match up to my expectations. If proven that you do, be happy that I will not be breathing down your neck. If not, then I will have to beat the senses into you. If you prove lacking, or lazy, your life will be ended by myself.” Nyx gave her mandatory words and silenced, watching the fae for an oath then to simply be on her way.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Traveler A Long Time Traveler Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2014, 07:07

Ranissa watched Nyx quietly seeing the look come across her face made Ranissa flick an ear. She is looking at me as if she has seen me before.. Ranissa thought to herself with a slight tilt of her head. She continued to look over Nyx in silence, her light blue eyes searching over Nyx's fur and body. She had a similar build to herself and seemed about the same height.Nyx continued to stare but Ranissa broke her gaze with her speaking and once she replied to her. An oath? Ranissa thought about it for a moment her fur blowing into the wind. Memories floated through her mind, wondering if her father had ever asked for an oath. Maybe Russ who was the beta..did but never had he asked. Why was he so trusting? She thought a mixture of hatred and pain in her heart. Her eyes seemed to go unfocused as the memories slowly rolled past her. A sigh escaped Ranissa and she came back into focus. "I will work my hardest, I will not become lazy. I will protect the pack with my life, with my very last breath. I swear to uphold my position in the pack with a passion. If you breath down my neck, then I will easily do what you ask and prove myself worthy." Ranissa said with cool voice and a slight smile twitched her lips and she nodded her head. Yes that should do. She thought hoping it was enough. She would uphold her words, she needed a pack..a home. Ranissa watched Nyx quietly hoping she would accept her words, because in truth Ranissa meant her words. She was loyal to her pack, to a pack that she was in, she would never turn her back on others. She may seem self reserved but she would help any wolf in need. It was a deep passion inside of Ranissa to help wolves in need, to help them...to make herself feel better. Because on the inside....Ranissa was broken. A broken shell of a wolf, and it could only be filled with the happiness of other wolves...and not her own. She didn't think she deserved to be happy...not many did.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Traveler A Long Time Traveler Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2014, 08:06

The beta’s ebony nose twitched in silence, allowing it to expand between them as her multicolored hues blinked. Indifference was the feel that masked her face as if she were a masquerade itself. All natural instinct to befriend this particular fae would be shut down, a factory abandoned and no longer in process. This was not Kennedy, if it had been a snappy mark would have been made before now. No, this was not the fae she considered to be sister when her own was in another pack. This wasn’t a creature she should trust as of yet. An oath was to be asked and an oath was to be given before the creamy paws before her could even dar to touch Erenyx soil. A soft breeze touched her snowy tresses, lacing through them like the silkiest of vines. The heat was significantly lessened under the thick brush of the forest, a perfect time for hunting when she wished to do so. The hunters would have to be examined and evaluated to see if they were taking advantage of this gathering of prey as well. Delightful little thoughts of blood ravaged her ears, taking assault and hungering her as she assessed the oath that had been spoken. Finding it genuine, she responded. “Alright then, welcome to the pack. As of now you hold the position of warrior. You protect everyone, especially the alpha. I expect you to train yourself to the best conditions possible and do not take lightly of your duties. Beat yourself to the bone if you must, for I may not accept any less.”Taking a step back, Nyx has said what she needed to say. Before she would leave, however, the first test would be given.“Find your way back to the clearing yourself, I do not help new members with this. I will be going, for I have my own duties to handle.” Turning around, she padded off into the brush with a quiet rustle of branches.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Traveler A Long Time Traveler Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2014, 12:17

Ranissa sat there watching the beta's expression quietly. She was thinking random things in her mind but she focused as the beta spoke up. Her words rung true, and Ranissa felt her heart skip a beat. I have a home. Finally... Her thoughts trailed off as she thought of her family but she snapped back into attention nodding her head in respect to the beta. "Of course." She said to her. "I shall find my way." The heat of the sun pressed down on her back but the wind was comforting as it blew through the trees. The musty smell of wolves hit her and she smiled as she walked. The soft dirt under her paws was more comforting than she remembered. Maybe she was so used to rock that the dirt made her almost want to shiver. The warmth was sweet, and the air was full of scents. As she walked the smell of wolves became stronger and Ranissa looked up her eyes bright..(continued in Home is where the Heart is)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Long Time Traveler A Long Time Traveler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Long Time Traveler

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1