Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mountain Music [Creek]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Mountain Music [Creek] Empty
PostSubject: Mountain Music [Creek] Mountain Music [Creek] Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2014, 10:25

The humble brute, newly accepted into the lands of Helidos, had indeed listened carefully to what the Delta said. Following her brief directions, it wasn't long until he stumble upon the den of the healers. Here, he would put his practices to use, and here he would learn all that he could from the other healers. Nnyla had spoken of a lead healer, a female, and Jackle was not on the lookout for her. Although he arrived at the opening to the den, he suddenly felt weird and decided to call out rather than walk in, with the stooping of his head he cleared his throat and called out to anyone who might be inside or around the area. The white male sat down, his body aligning properly to await the arrival of anyone, but hopefully the female Nnyla had spoken of, Creek. Eyes peered forward as his ears fell comfortably forward and he kept his eyes on the opening, he then spoke, "Bonjour?" the voice echoed through the cave, it startled him how booming his voice was so he lowered the tone.

"Greetings, my name is Jackle, I am you latest healer come to join the ranks. Delta Nnyla spoke of you and sent me in your direction to learn from you." Although he spoke, he didn't know if she was around and laughed in his head at the thought of him talking to the cave walls. The white brute was ready for the day, ready to meet the lead healer, and ready to meet the pack. Patience consumed him as he listened to the sounds around him, pack life was going to be the best life for him. No more living off the road.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Music [Creek] Mountain Music [Creek] Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2014, 19:48

After Creek had given birth to her litter of two she found herself over come with the joys of having a family. Eclipse was a wonderful mate and her pups brought countless hours of joy to her days. Athena also made her pleased as each day she proved herself more and more as a full healer and less as an apprentice. She made a mental note to speak with Azul soon on promoting her to a full healer once the summer ended. Fall would then be upon them and soon winter, the pack needed her then as a full healer.

Creek poked around in her den, sorting herbs out and noting which she was low on. These were simple tasks, but important ones as she saw her stash of marigold was near empty. The petty flower was vital for infections and should be restocked soon. Suddenly a bark alerted her to a visitor and she moved her gaze to the entrance. A greyish white male stood by the opening, a new male. "Hello Jackle" she said softly, "I am Lead Healer Creek, it's a pleasure to meet you. Nnyla did well in sending you my way for I was just going to go out and find some marigold. We could chat and I could show you around if you like." She offered, walking towards the larger male and smiling at him sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Music [Creek] Mountain Music [Creek] Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2014, 20:07

The male was surprised at how quickly she responded to him, punctual and prompt, and he was impressed. Service was always his number one, the faster he worked the better, but it was not always about speed because recovery was always needed. As well as the bond between healer and patient, it too patience and a kind heart. This job was not for the light hearted or weak, it took a strong stomach and a mind that would seem to cease to learn. It was like this for him, he could not account for Creek but he could assume that she would feel similar if not the same. For the brute, being a healer was his life, but how could he be a healer to anyone other than himself on the road? The sole decision to join Helidos was a grand one because as he stood before the Lead Healer, he dipped his head in respect to her and smiled, the resolution in his head convinced him it was the right choice. Jackle listened to her words as she spoke of the beautiful flower, he recalled seeing it somewhere in the lands, but again it was all new to him. It would take a bit of time for him to familiarize himself with the land and the herbs and plants that blossomed around Helidos and it's neutral parts, but time he would find well spent.

The eggshell colored male turned his snout up a bit to sniff at the air, eyes focusing on the sky to get an idea of the time, although he supposed it didn't matter anymore for he was now her subject and at her command. Still a pleasurable feeling now consumed his as he found his words, "Bonjour Creek, the pleasure is all mine. Gentle soul that Nnyla. As a matter of fact I was honestly hoping you would go through a run down with me. It would be an honor to accompany you on your quest for Marigold. A conversation is indeed welcomed for I would like to hear what Helidos offers her it's botanical essences and I would be honored to discuss my past and all I have come to learn in my travels. We may indeed be able to assist one another. May I ask, are there any other healers in the land or is it just you, and will they be accompanying us if so?" Jackle spoke as he shifted his weight to his back paws, holding his head at a comfortable position. Trying not to seem anything other than the humble male he was but the excitement that coursed through his veins was nearly impossible to hide. As he glances out into the open fir, a bird crossed his line of vision and his stomach panned in hunger but he pushed the feeling aside. A meal was not needed and he was trying to stay healthy, surely he would come across some mint of ginseng in the wood, one would never know.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Music [Creek] Mountain Music [Creek] Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2014, 20:37

Creek smiled at his kind words and offer of accompanying her. Dipping her maw to him the pale fae walked out of her den and into the sunlight. Blinking her pale blue eyes back at the sudden brightness she squinted a few moments before looking to her new companion. "I trust you are well versed in many different herbs? Here we have a wide variety and I occupy my free time searching out new herbs in the neutral lands. You'd be amazed at the variety that grow in the swamp. I'm sure with our shared knowledge there will be things we can teach each other to better our knowledge." She said walking forward to lead Jackle down the woods trail to the creek. There she knew many of the most used herbs grew, well fed by the fertile ground and flowing river.

"Tell me about yourself if you will. I shall return the favor and tell you a bit about our pack hear. As for other healers I'm afraid our only other one is my apprentice Athena who is off doing her chores. My son, however has been interested in the healer arts, but being a pup his days are filled with play right now, not studies. Perhaps in time he will come to seek our wisdom, but for now it's just us as full healers." She explained, knowing Athena would soon be a full healer alongside them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Music [Creek] Mountain Music [Creek] Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2014, 12:29

They walked together for a while, Jackle listening to everything to said, taking it all in with his mind and evaluating what was usually around here. Surely, Creek had a stash already of remedies inside her work station, it only seemed right and as he looked briefly around him he noticed the river whirling past them to the left. The trail followed closely to the river and his only thought was how dangerous this was for pups and apprentices, especially those in the trade. Making a mental note to never send someone down this way unaccompanied if not a full healer. "There is a swamp? How lovely, a piece of home managed to makes it's way back into my life." The male said as he kept close to Creek. The large body swayed at he trotted down the path with her, the hot summer sun trying to break it's way into the wood but the large trees did a great job of blocking it out. Still rays of sunlight peered through and glistened upon the ground. "Athena, may I ask who she is and when to expect her as a full healer. And, pups of your own, how nice. A boy you say, I will make sure to keep my eye out for him if he decided to join ranks with us." Jackle then flashed a smile to Creek as they kept walking.

Time passed quickly around them as Jackle continued to speak, "The bayou, that's where I come from. Nothing but swamp and muck all around. Danger lurking in the water and on the ground. It's not an easy life living in the everglades, but my home pack was grand and we were smart. My Momma and Papa raised a healthy litter and out of them, I decided that natural herbal medicine was where I wanted to go in life. Rasining me right, Momma taught me all I would need to know about plants and animals the crossed out paths in the bayou. When to find them, where to find them, and what it was used for. Papa taught me how to be a gentleman and great work ethics. Like anyone, I decided that home wasnt enough and I sought out the world to learn it's tricks and trades. Every pack I came across, I would trade a secret from home, for a secret of the new land. It was how I learned quickly what grew around here, well, a bit more south than you. A few days travel. Came across interesting people, interesting stories, but now I stand before you as a well educated wolf in healing and only look forward to the work we will do together. I am looking forward to being your work partner Creek, and it's an honor." Jackle slowed he speed as they finally came across the beautiful flower and he lowered his head to examine it, "I believe this is the prettiest one, you should leave this one and collect from around it. The healthiest plant is the strongest, it proves to the rest that you too can grow to be like it."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Music [Creek] Mountain Music [Creek] Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 20:27

~Fast Forward two months one week before the pack meeting~

Creek and Jackle became fast friends and worked dilagintly together to tend to the pack. Both learned a lot from each other and Creek began to really enjoy Jackle's company. He had a way with nervous wolves that she envied and a vast store of knowledge that she was sure would benefit the pack. Lately she had been growing tired and she decided to convey in her friend and work partner as to her condition. Laying in the healer den she awaited his return and she would confess to him her suffering. Being very good at hiding her nagging cough and poor appetite was easy from the pack, but she knew the healer male wasn't as blind. He must have noticed her slimming frame despite fluffing out her fur. She also had felt a lump in her side that pained her at times. Not knowing much about this she hoped Jackle could shed some light on her condition and perhaps give her a cure.

Eclipse knew little of her suffering, and she wanted to keep it that way. He was busy trying to find prey as the heat of summer drove them away, a little bug that she had shouldn't cloud his thoughts.

ooc-Jackle please PM me before replying as I want to fill you in on Creek's plot
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Music [Creek] Mountain Music [Creek] Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2014, 17:44

Two months had passed since that first day they met, when she ventured into the woods with himself in search of herbs. It was a marvelous time, one he cherished deeply when he worked alongside her. The company was kind and gracious, just as they were to each other. Still during the past two months, Jackle had begun to notice a change in his Lead Healer, one not for the better. In a concerning way, Jackle had studied her for the past few weeks, and he began to wonder what was wrong. It was unlike anything he had ever really seen, only hear about and he knew it was time to confront the beautiful female who was getting more sickly by the day. If his assumptions were correct, Jackle knew that the outcome would be death. A knot rose in his throat as he walked up to her, with a soft nuzzle he caressed her side and began to speak. "Miss Creek, I must have a word with you. I fear, I have caught on to your hiding no matter how well you try. I have been polite thus far and not said a word, but I have noticed a rapid decline in your health over the past two weeks and I fear its worse than you think." Jackle's voice was soft as he spoke to his friend.

Last edited by Healer Jackle on May 13th 2014, 09:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Music [Creek] Mountain Music [Creek] Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2014, 17:23

Lost in her thoughts her friend soon entered the den, his face thick with concern. One look from him let her know that he was as concerned as she was for her health. Try as she might there was no escaping a trained healers eyes. "You are correct that I have been hiding my condition Jackle, but not out of embarrassment or anything like that. I know little of this odd sickness that has over taken me so quickly, so I felt it was best to hold back until I spoke with you on the matter. I also didn't want to worry the pack, what with winter approaching soon." She said, rising to a sitting position with a bit of strain.

"I have a lump in my side that I think has grown in the last month. I also can't keep my food down as well. There is also this cough that bothers me at times. I thought it was a simple infection, do you know more?" She questioned as his eyes told a different tale. "Don't honey coat things with me Jackle. Just as you saw through me hiding this I shall know if you aren't telling me the whole truth." She said, though in the back of her mind she prayed it wasn't as bad as she had an inkling it was.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Music [Creek] Mountain Music [Creek] Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2014, 09:24

Ears turned flat to his skull as he listened to her call him out on whether or not to sugar coat the news. In fact, he had never personally dealt with this, but he knew of another who had the same symptoms. How was he supposed to tell the one person who took him under her wings here that she had cancer? Everything that Creek had spoken of, was a told tale sign of what the last had gone through. With a soft sigh, he approached her and gently rested his chin upon her head, as to comfort her for the news he was about to tell her. "Creek, I fear, you have cancer. Now, I have only ever seen this once and I was not a viable prson in her treatment, but I was there to learn. It seems you are at a stage of no return, there is no cure for what you have. However, there are ways we can help you treat the pain, and subside all sickness to help you nurish your body. However, I do feel that with winter coming, you might not make it to the first snow fall. Only time will tell." Jackle stayed there, close to her body so that she may lean on him for support. They were great friends and it hurt him to tell her this news. The first time he gets to diagnose someone, it's his lead healer, the one person he would go to for doubts and questions. What would happen when she was gone?

"First off, I recommend we find Blood Root, for that will help decrease the size of your tumor on your side. Once we control that, you'll be able to eat with the aide of Cat's Claw which will help boost your immune system by raising your white blood cells. Once we get those two symptoms under control, we can then work on your cough which either you could pass off as a cold or we can use Belladona and for your hair loss I highly recommend that we try to find as many fruits and vegetables because your iron might be low. We will do as much as we can, I will travel to find what we need if we dont have it in the reserve, but you will get to a point where you wont move Creek. You will be too weak and at this point, when you know you're ready to go, you will do what you need to do if you don't want to die miserably. Those who you will leave behind, especially your children, I will be there for to tell them great stories of our adventures together." Jackle nuzzled her cheek and smiled, standing up to egin his search for any and all homeopathic remedies to help his dying friend. Leaving her alone to let the news seep in, but not so far away that he was not there to talk.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Music [Creek] Mountain Music [Creek] Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2014, 18:52

Creek listened, pushing aside the urge to deny the words that fell from Jackle's maw. Her worst fear had come to be and yet it didn't surprise her horribly. She was turning five winter this year and had lived a long and happy life. Her time spent with her home pack gave her much knowledge even if it did cast her aside when she grew older. Here in Helidos she found a meaning to exist, to help others. Helping countless wolves in the pack made her life worth wild and she would appreciate it to the end of her days. Jackle started to list off his plan for caring for her and for a brief moment she saw a flicker of hope. Then reality set in and she knew that treating the untreatable was a waste of effort and herbs. Shaking her head and closing her eyes bravery spoke. "I appreciate your honesty my friend and your knowledge of how to treat this. I know a few of these plants and how uncommon they are to find here. I also know of the side effects and how hard it will be for me to hide this until I'm ready to speak. I know I am not long for this world and want a bit of dignity before I pass. I shall accept herbs for my cough and pain but nothing else. There is no use using herbs on me when I shall not survive this." She said in a serious tone.

"I have lived a long life and have no regrets. I will wait a while and make my final good byes, but when it comes time that I feel my soul dying away I will leave the pack lands and never return. I don't want my pack seeing and fretting over me when I pass. I will go to the beach and have Eclipse come with me. I won't come back, it will be easier this way." She said, formulating a plan in her mind. "I will take yew berries with me so I go quickly and without fuss. The pack will be sad, but a quick death is less painful then a drawn out one. Will you promise something for me though? Watch over the pack and my pups. They will be confused but will grow and come to understand. Eclipse will be hurt, but he has a strong heart." Her voice cracked and she leaned against her friend for a moment of emotional stability. "I love all of the pack, please take care of them my friend."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Music [Creek] Mountain Music [Creek] Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2014, 20:20

It wasn't that this was the last conversation they would have, but it would be the last meaningful one outside of work. It was painful for him to say goodbye, yet in this moment, he could only assume that she knew he was indeed giving her peace. As Creek spoke of her final wishes and her regards to her life, Jackle could only swell with pride knowing that he had the chance to be a part of such a magnificent wolfs life. How she touched others, how she cared for everyone else other than herself, and how this pack meant more to her than anything she could have ever dreamed for, it was all too real for Jackle. If at any moment he had slighted his decision on choosing Helidos, that doubt was now gone forever at the hands of the Lead Healer. Closing his eyes he dropped his head, his humble face soft and light as he accepted her wishes. Not quite knowing what to say, Jackle paced for a moment and thought silently in his head.

"Creek..." Sigh. "I can not make you change your mind and if I could you still would not budge from your decision. One should not have to suffer if they do not want too and I admire your bravery in this decision that is not so easy to make. I give you my word that I will look after the pack to the best of my abilities, that I will help ease the pain in Eclipses heart by becoming a friend to him in this time of need, and that I will watch over your children with a soft spot in my heart for them especially your daughter should she decide to follow in your footsteps. You Creek, are my hero." The male stood there sharply pointed at her, his body tense and at complete attention, eyes scanning over her before he spoke again. "Whatever journey you are about to face, I hope that all your dreams come true. Until then and until I see you again." The voice was firm, the pain lie silently in it's undertone, and he wanted to whine but his mind told him to stand strong for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Music [Creek] Mountain Music [Creek] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mountain Music [Creek]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1