Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To find a home (fenris acceptance)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

To find a home (fenris acceptance) Empty
PostSubject: To find a home (fenris acceptance) To find a home (fenris acceptance) Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 06:55

He moved at a slow pace. He wanted to take his time, so he might not be run out by this pack like all the others. If he was not accepted here, he most likely would not be accepted anywhere...

Fenris lifted his head, capturing the border's scent in his nostrils. Following the foreign odor, he made his way to a clearing, where the smell was intense. This must be it. Having found the border, he explored the area, knowing a wolf would not meet him for a while most likely. He then remembered he had to howl, for the pack to know of his arrival. Tilting his head up, he bellowed his powerful howl into the air. It was sooth and calm, and had no fear or regret.

Sweet flowers sprinkled the ground in one area, and in sniffing their sweet scent, he sneezed. In fact he couldn't stop sneezing. The male stepped back, sneezing wildly, until finally he fell over in a heap. He laughed loudly, and looked around for someone to share his laughter with. But no one was there. Sighing, he sat up and made his way to a patch of soft moss that scattered the ground. Laying in the natural pillow, he plopped down his head, leaving his eyes open and attentive. He thought about what it would be like, if he was accepted. Laughing, joy, no worries...

To find a home... was all he would need.
Back to top Go down
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information
Purchases: 4 Character Slots; Graphics Shop

PostSubject: Re: To find a home (fenris acceptance) To find a home (fenris acceptance) Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 02:59

Yet another howl reached the Delta's ears.So soon after Echo? Where are they all coming from? It seemed as though all these new recruits were fleeing some terrible occurrence from a place far from their lands. Logic told her that indeed this could not be the case. None of the loners had any sort of similarity in speech, bearing or even wounds. Each was unique as she, with their own coats, personalities and pasts. Still, the recent influx was tickling at the back of her mind. Could Erenyx be experiencing the same? Perhaps even more? For now it seemed Helidos held sway in greater numbers, but rumours were abound that their neighbours were far more stringent in ensuring all members could hold their own in a fight. Helidos wolves had more freedom to choose their own path and abstain from bloodshed if they so wished. Each decision had its own pros and cons, it was up to individual assessment to say which was better. Though Nnlya, personally, believed that all should have the ability to fight and hunt to some degree, whilst still maintaining their right to avoid confrontation and infliction of pain. It was still a useful tool should some misfortune befall any member. At least they might survive on their own.

Nonetheless she would run for the borders, through the groves of trees, past the Amor glade to its nearest entry point. Indeed the scent of wildflowers and sweet herbs was tantalising, but for another time. Easily loping through the swaying grass, sending up wave after wave of pollen, petals and other such debris. The afternoon light of Autumn warmed her back and her heart on her journey. It was not long since the season change and so the cold had not set in, but soon enough. To the edges of these planes galavanting and toying, the grass gave way to stone, as it always had. And on the stone grew soft moss, leading a path back into the trees, where some wildflowers still dared to grow. It was here she found the male, gently resting his head as his body lay upon a soft green pillow. For a moment she would stop and simply gaze upon the russet wolf. He looked familiar. Strikingly similar to their Beta Marrok.

The Delta sat, her tail sweeping away any loose dirt beneath her rump. Her shoulders rolled and her fur shook slightly. If she were to greet a newcomer, she might at least look presentable. Her head tilted up slightly, holding a high and regal position. Ears perked forward and piercing eyes watching the male, she cleared her throat softly in an attempt to wake the brute. "Sorry to wake you, Sir. But I am Delta Nnlya of Helidos and it seems you have stumbled across our lands. Do you seek entrance to our ranks or safe passage?" Kind eyes watched him move about and eventually rise. The sweet fighter waited patiently for his response that she might give appropriate direction. Indeed her posture was somewhat formal, but still open and inviting. Nnlya had no intentions of running off a perfectly good recruit. Certainly not into the waiting clutches of their "neighbours".
Back to top Go down
http://nnlyas-wonderland.tumblr.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To find a home (fenris acceptance) To find a home (fenris acceptance) Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 07:43

A female had stumbled into the clearing. He lifted his head, and stood calmly as she spoke, explaining her name and asking if he wished acceptance. Fenris smiled warmly, delighted someone had made it here so quick. Seeing the delta was friendly, he relaxed and lowered onto his haunches. He then explained his own name and reasons, after dipping his head,
"Hello ma'am. My name is Fenris, and yes I have traveled to your land in hopes that you will accept me into your home."
His gaze tilted down, his eyes saddened suddenly as he spoke again,
"If I am not wanted here, it's no problem. I just ask that you make that decision to run me out now, before I begin to like this place."
He returned his attention to the delta, now feeling slightly awkward, but he truly did not want to feel the sudden rejection he had faced so many times already.
After regaining his confidence, he wagged his tail gladly in the anticipation of her response.

OOC: Sorry it's short I'm sick so my posts are not to the quality they usually are :/
Back to top Go down
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: To find a home (fenris acceptance) To find a home (fenris acceptance) Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2014, 16:40

Ferris, an odd name but not an altogether uncommon one. She had met only two others of the name in her travels. Neither were of any incredible note. Both were warriors in packs she had passed through on her travels. Maybe this one would be more important in her life. Or maybe he would remain another soldier, holding his minimal rank and serving where he was bid. She nodded with his words. A fear of rejection. Something all travellers should have as they approached a border. There was never any guarantee that one would be accepted into the ranks of the first pack they met. But it irked her just how casual he was. She was an easygoing wolf, happy, smiling and joking. But she knew that some events called for courtesy and formalities. Certainly a border acceptance was one. There had been no lowering of the tale, no bow, no flattening of the ears. Nothing to establish the Delta as the superior in this situation.

"You would do well to remember your courtesies, Fenris. It wouldn't be productive if you upset the first person you met in a pack. There is a time and place for social order, and you need to be able to discern these." She took a breath before continuing. "Nonetheless, I am here to judge your suitability for our pack. So impress me. Where do your skills lie, your area of expertise? What can you offer us?" Nnlya was harsher than she might normally have been, but as Delta it was her job to weed out those who were suited to pack like from those who were not. If he was not quite ready for the level of commitment she expected, she would have to make him an Omega until he had proven himself trustworthy. It was a consideration that she ask just how long he had been absent from his home pack and any other packs that he might have called home in between. Why did he leave?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To find a home (fenris acceptance) To find a home (fenris acceptance) Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2014, 20:25

His ears flattened at the tone of the female's voice. He truly meant no disrespect, and wondered why the delta had suddenly shifted moods. He was unsure what she meant, a "time and place for social order". In his homeland, each treated one another with equal respect, unless one had become uncivil. He stood, now in a dampered mood, letting his tail hang still, rather than wagging like it normally was. He realized what stature the female expected from him, and he was offended by the gesture. He obviously meant no harm, and yet she wanted submission from him. He let his body become relaxed, slouching his shoulders and lowering his head. He put on a smile so he wouldn't show his real irked mood,
"I deeply apologize, I meant for no disrespect, I simply did not want to create the tension that this pose holds."
He took a moment to look Nnlya in the eyes.
"As for my expertise? I can fight, though I would rather against it. But if it is my strength you need you can have it. My passion, though, is to raise the younglings. I was the caretaker of my siblings in my own young years. I suppose it has stuck with me ever since."
Fenris sighed and relaxed further, why mess things up now...
He felt she wanted to know more about him, but her condescending tone was irking him. Why was she being so stiff? In the packs he had attempted to join in the past, the wolves he met early on were kind, friendly, and they understood each other enough that they knew he meant no harm, so he was not forced into this cowering position. It bothered him deeply that this female wanted to see him beneath her. It was not so in his old pack, even loners were treated as equals. Until someone displayed disrespect, which then they would be put down like he was now. But he had done none of the sort. So there he sat, as a weakling. The situation felt more and more awkward to him and tension rose. This was exactly what he was trying to prevent...
Back to top Go down
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: To find a home (fenris acceptance) To find a home (fenris acceptance) Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2014, 22:36

She watched the male stand with his tail drooped and dip his head. It was not such a difficult task, she thought, but it looked forced even to her eyes. The eyes which locked with the males quite pointedly as he bowed, she noticed. She knew her status as Delta was in no way the highest, nor demanding any major respect, but she thought it only right that courtesies be observed. It was how she was raised and it was a difficult mindset to simply abandon. This time when she spoke, she was careful to watch how her tone might be conveyed. "I fear you have misinterpreted my words, good traveller. There is no tension formed in acknowledging the status of your fellow wolf. I only wished to educate you as I was once educated upon my arrival in these lands. It is considered courteous to show an individual the respect due their rank, at least on the first encounter. It's simply a means of showing you understand they are where they are because they deserve it and have worked hard for it. I apologise if I might have appeared rude or condescending."

She took a calming breath, unsure of where her earlier snippiness had come from. But she sat for a moment and cocked her head to the side as if considering his secondary statement and stalling as to what his position would be. But her decision was already made, what she tried to decide was where she had seen the brute before. But it was most likely a figment of her imagination. More than likely it was a similar coat colour to a wolf she had met in passing. But these thoughts were to be saved for another time. "As for your talents, we could certainly use an experienced Caretaker in our midst. Certainly the ability to fight and protect younglings is of paramount important. I would certainly like to test your skills, if you would permit it. But I must ask, why Caretaker? It's not often we see a brute of your size and skillset choosing such a role. It's not that we don't see any, our resident Lead Caretaker is a male called Alanoth. I'm just curious to know." She watched him take in everything she had said and waited for his reply.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To find a home (fenris acceptance) To find a home (fenris acceptance) Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2014, 11:27

The delta explained herself, her mood also calming down. Her ways were still alien to her, but he supposed he had to respect them. She apologized, and he nodded in understanding.
He had once wondered himself why he had taken to being a caretaker. But he knew the reason now. He had been raised that way. His pack and its unusually kind ways had instilled a caring attitude into him. They taught that fighting was for the weary and cruel. They said true happiness lies in the leader, but that the one who ensure the happiness in future generations was the caretaker. From a young age, he strived to be one of these. But when he left the pack, he realized not all packs thought the same as his...
After sorting his thoughts, he answered her questions,
"Well, my aunt, who raised me, instilled values of kindness into me and my siblings. Kindness was the way our pack ran, essentially. And i was the larger of my siblings, so I watched over them. I just, want to make things better. I want anger to end. Hate to end. And it starts with the young. I am not one to fight unless to protect my family. Even the worst of problems can be solved with one's wise words."
Fenris chuckled, his dramatic side had taken him it seemed,
"Hope that answered your question."
He was unsure why she wanted to know so much about his choices, not that he minded. He had nothing to hide. He had a good feeling about this pack. He felt he was to be accepted, but he didn't want to get his hopes too high...
Back to top Go down
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: To find a home (fenris acceptance) To find a home (fenris acceptance) Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2014, 23:36

It was interesting to hear his discussion of his Aunt and what she had taught him. It brought a little smile to her furry face. Family was important to the fae. She still hoped for her own pups, though more likely they wouldn't be until the winter after next. In either case, she would have to elect a preferred caretaker to help raise her pups as she returned to her duties. Of course at the moment she leant more towards Crystal, a friend of hers who seemed quite trustworthy. But with her recent acceptance of Echo and possibly Fenris here, she had more options. Of course it would take time and observation for the Delta to decide who she would like to see care for her brood. She wasn't idiotic, the other Caretakers would of course be involved, but it would be good for the younglings to have a familiar face to return to rather than be padded off to a different wolf each time their parents had work to do.

Her tail drifted back and forth across the earth as her head straightened and levelled. His words had given her much to consider. "It has, it has. Your goals are admirable and I hope you can achieve them, though I fear you might struggle with that here. Nonetheless, if it is your choice I will grant you the rank of Caretaker so long as you swear yourself to the service of our Alpha Azul, his Alphess Lucy and all those who serve in their reign." It was his move now. This game of chess had drawn to its final position. Could he see the opportunity she had presented him? Or would he sacrifice his king and lose? These words are easily the most important he may speak in the entirety of his life. They might prove his salvation or his exile from paradise. But only he could make the choice, she could not do it for him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To find a home (fenris acceptance) To find a home (fenris acceptance) Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2014, 11:23

She wished him to announce his allegiance to the alphas. He understood why, but he did not know these wolves, what if he did not agree with their morals or ideals? What if he was swearing to a bloody tyrant? Inside he knew he was not swearing his service to the leader's but to the wolves of this pack. No wolf could sway his morals, no matter the punishment he would endure to change him. He did not serve anyone, other than the ones in need of his council or protection. But, he knew if he wanted to join this pack, his allegiance was mandatory. Fenris hesitated to respond, but finally, in a serious tone, did,
"I swear. I swear that I will do all in my power to help the wolves of this pack, and to follow your leaders without question. I will not disappoint."
He ended his sentence with a minor bow to the female. He took one last look around, he knew he most likely would not be here again for a while. His days of wandering were over.
Excitedly, he took a few steps toward the delta, his tail still low, but swinging happily. His mood changed from serious to jubilant, he was eager to meet the pack, and explore the lands. He wanted to see his new family.
His eyes meeting Nnlya's he smiled warmly,
"Thank you."
He really meant it. She had accepted him into a pack after his searching for one for a year. His attention then looked toward the pack lands, he was ready to enter the foreign place, and begin a new chapter of his life...
Back to top Go down
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: To find a home (fenris acceptance) To find a home (fenris acceptance) Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2014, 16:33

He had taken his chance and now was sworn. It made her glad each time she accepted a new member. It helped the pack grow in both numbers and diversity. It meant there were more wolves to help take on the workload that was always growing. She had faith in her recruits to do their jobs well, as she always would. She would always give the benefit of the doubt until their actions proved malevolent. It was her way. So far, Fenris had done nothing to make her doubt his loyalty. Only time and observation would reveal the truth. She appreciated his final bow, remembering how she had done much the same when she swore her own oath. It showed to her that he was serious about his word, something valued in Helidos and in her mind. "I grant you the title of Caretaker, Fenris. Cross the border and join your brothers and sisters. I have some things to attend to, but follow my scent and it should lead you back to the Central clearing. It's where all the dens are housed and pack meetings are held. I recommend introducing yourself to Lead Caretaker Alanoth. He will be your superior and will direct you in your work. I hope you enjoy Helidos and find whatever it is you seek." She smiled and loped off through the underbrush, only quivering branches and a light scent a reminder she had been there.

Ooc - No need to post after reading this. You may now change your name to Caretaker Fenris and add yourself to the Helidos group under the rankings tab above. Welcome to Helidos!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To find a home (fenris acceptance) To find a home (fenris acceptance) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To find a home (fenris acceptance)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1