Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Empty
PostSubject: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2014, 20:49

The male had kept himself busy but it was to come to his attention that there was another now in the midst. Another female to accompany Athena as well as to accompany the males, himself and Kokoro. The den was starting to fill out with the ample amount of them and it made him joyous that no one would ever go untreated. With four of them, they would be fine. There would always be stock in the piles, a wolf to help and another to assist, and information and stories to be shared. The white knight sought it to be a place for them to exchange their secrets and techniques, but as the first healer after Creek, beside's Athena it was his duty to introduce himself to the female. If only he could find her? Eyes scanned from the rocks around him, the opening behind his back as he stood on dry ground as he gazed out to the woods. No one in sight and only himself in the den. It made him think what everyone was up too and like the worker he was, the male set out to find the new female or the other male friend of his.

The trees looked beautiful in the light, as various spots broke through the canopy and he smiled awaiting to cross a scent that would lead him to her. At first, Jackle couldn't help but think maybe this was odd, but from his professional point of view he sought it necessary. Eventually he found it, but she was still out of sight, so Jackle waited for her to come to him. In the meantime searching around for something here that could be beneficial to the den, to the healers, and something for him to do so it didn't look weird to her that he was searching for her. The male didn't know her from a hole in the wall, had only seen her a few times, and smelled her everywhere around him. Not only did he want to meet her, he thought she was beautiful. The large white dome turned this way and that gazing out for her and her beauty.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2014, 05:53

The thyme wedged between her jaws was handled with great care by the newfound Healer. Ember had always taken an interest in the herbs and plants, overjoyed when she was given a rank that suited her. Having only seen the den a few times at most, she supposed she should be gathering herbs for at lest and excuse to go there. She had taken the thyme gently, pulling it from its delicate roots and holding it in her jaws. Ember absolutely loved their green color and, thought the plant was quite rare, had managed to find her way along her little walk through the winter’s cold. All new memories of this place replaced the angry ones she had lost. So many new creatures had entered the land and were enveloped by the loving comfort Helidos provided. She could say with confidence she adored their new Alphess, though she cared for Azul all the same. Ember began to move once her mouth was full at a graceful jog back to where she had started her walk. Her average frame bounced on her paws and her tail swayed behind her happily. The Healer enjoyed her peace and silence for it was as peaceful as she. Ember felt positively gifted for the slightest chance to help others, though she had wished to make new friends among her pack mates. For a few long years she had been there to watch the pack develop and grow into something beautiful. She’d admired they way they all worked together to tend to the pack until it functioned to perfection. Of course, there were some she could question. She shook her head and chose to believe there was a warmth in everyone, even her sister whose heart had seemed to grow cold. It was saddening how it appeared such life could be poisoned but it wasn’t her choice. The Healer hoped that the grief would fade, for it was mourning of something lost that hurt the most.

Arriving at the clearing, Ember was startled into dropping her herbs when she spotted the male. The scent of the flowers had filled her nose and disabled her senses though she really hadn’t expected anyone to accompany her. Realizing she looked unprofessional, she quickly gathered the lavender into a pile and cleared her throat for his attention. The softest of smiles touched her features; her kindness was her trademark. Her head bowed in respect for the male as she spoke gently. “Hello, I’m Ember if you didn't already know. Healer Ember now.” She fiddled with her thyme pile, gathering it in a bunch enough for her jaws to take when it was time. The fae had seen this brute every once in a while, though she found she had infatuated herself with nature rather than the company of others. Not once had she felt truly alone. No, the plants and animals provided enough company. She enjoyed watching the winter rabbits hop around though she no longer needed to hunt them, a hard enough thing she had had to do as a Warrior. Looking around she enjoyed eyeing the winter snow. Glittering crystals graced the ground and she was happy, albeit a bit chilled. Finding the thyme had been tricky, though in the cold it thrived beneath the snow. Her eyes, two pale silver orbs, looked around at this wonderful winter land and smiled once more. “Beautiful, isn’t it? I absolutely love this season. Everything looks decorated with little diamonds,” Ember said as she relaxed back into a sitting position and waited for the male to speak.

[Not my very best but I'll make it up to you I promise!]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2014, 11:56

Indeed the sight was beautiful as she came into view against the backdrop of snow. A voice to match was just a sweet like nectar from a flower being carried by a buzzing bee as she said her name, Ember. Unique to her like she was to the lands, Jackle was immediately impressed by the lack of fear and showmanship of the female. As a healer, it became instinct to glance over another creature, to always check but to never assume and that is what he did, but the more he gazed the more he fell victim to her features. Jackle watched as she bowed and thought it was too formal of her, her was just the same as her and he wouldn't have it any other way, not even if he proved himself to be a lead healer. It would never matter to him, they all did the same thing and that was something any wolf should be proud of. However, Jackle found himself nodding his head to her to accept her bow and then swept his head low to exchange the same service with words like melting butter to follow. "It is a pleasure Ember, je suis Jackle." The male realized he spoke french but would not hint to it otherwise. If the female didn't hear the accent then it would be confusing, still confusing none the less that he spoke french but altogether it was sometimes unnoticeable.

The white male sat down before her as she took her seating position to admire the landscape and indeed Jackle could see how adorable she was as she found the rarest in beauties, in everything that surpassed her or the world around her. It was something he looked forward to working with later in life as they enjoyed Helidos together. A partner in crime as others would refer but he smiled as she smiled and it was like a diamond itself compared to the snow that glistened around her. "Winter is beautiful, I have not enjoyed many one's like this but when I experience them, they never cease to amaze. I'd like to welcome you to being a healer, it is a task not so easily done and I'd like to offer my services should you need advice or wish to learn, or even if you just need a friend." The male spoke as he looked around them, the snow swayed through the trees in swirls of white dust, and it trailed off in different directions each flake as different as the wolves of the pack. Jackle smiled as he waited for her to say something, at least he was at a loss for words in her presence.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2014, 21:00

Ember found herself surprised by such forward kindness the male presented her. She was slightly startled by making a friend so fast when she had disconnected herself from the presence of others for so long. Nevertheless she smiled and looking to the ground, nodding slightly. “Thank you Jackle, I appreciate that. I’m not sure if you knew my story, but I suffered from a head injury and lost all my memory. if I knew you before that then I am so sorry I do not remember you, though I barely remember myself unfortunately.” Her pale hues were now trained upon the ground in a grim manor. Ember wasn’t entirely sure she wanted to remember herself, but those she cared about were a completely different situation. How disappointing to find that a best friend or a loved one was just gone. She pawed at the snow and swirled patterns into the powder-like terrain. Occasionally her claws would scrape the snowy ground, striking as a bit uncomfortable to her. She’d shift from one paw to the next while slowly clearing the area in front of her. It struck her then that she had been distracted, and how rude of her to be so. “Oh, excuse me I’m sorry. Now that I think about it I might need some help learning. Creek had been teaching me as I was a warrior, so I know about the thyme I have gathered though I’m not quite clear on what it does. The same goes for every other herb along with how I can tell what is an herb and what is not. If it is too much of a burden I can take it upon myself. I understand how busy a Healer’s work can be.” So many questions filled up her mind. She wanted to know about surgeries, or certain safety procedures for she knew her field of work was much more complex than it seemed. At her age of nearly five, she was too old to be an apprentice. She silently wished her clock could be turned back so she could experience her life again, but she held a firm belief everything happened for a reason. Jackle’s presence in her life had yet to find reason though she couldn't help but wonder so many things at the same time.

“So I supposed we will be busy with patients this winter. Illness does strike harder during the lovely season. I can only be thankful that infection hadn’t taken me during my injury. For the longest time my scar was bare and void of fur, though I worried constantly it seems to be fine now. I suppose I could heal myself now, huh?” Ember laughed softly and shook her head at the irony. Who would’ve thought? But she supposed she had it coming, for she couldn’t bear to sink her fangs into another’s flesh unless she was held in a deadly situation. Hunting really left her at a loss; her injury left her instincts but they’d never be the same. Try as she might she could only manage the smallest of creatures, and that was after an entire day of trying. She had felt useless and worn down, not good enough for the pack she called home. A few times she supposed she should leave, live on her own and try to survive on a lacking of skill. But now she knew her calling was healing. Knowing so little about it as it were could startle most into asking for another, but she had been practicing as best she could. “Thyme is this herb, right? I’d hate to have gathered the wrong thing, I just noticed the den was lacking so I went to find some.”

The fae lifted her head to look at the unusually quiet male. She wondered what he was thinking though his eyes appeared to be trained on her. Ember took no pride in her appearance for she was simply an average gray wolf. Common among the masses. Many a time she’d wished she were a lovely onyx like Juno, or even a snowy white like Jackle himself. Instead she was a variation of grays, creams, whites and black swirled into one naturally pattern with mirror-like irises to match. She wasn’t a large goddess or a lovely little thing, but she was herself and she had come to terms with it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2014, 18:20

Each of them felt comfortable in their own skin, as well as in front of one another, and the only different was a skill level between the two. Yet, Jackle listened to the newest healer and was amazed to hear that she barely knew anything and or Jackle it was a chance to train someone as his successor, or even in case of emergency. The way she yearned for knowledge, how curious she was, and to boot humble make the male a bit jealous. Still, the white male found himself agreeing with her and preparing for a wonderful conversation. "To begin, no madam, I was not made aware of your prior injury but that is not important at this time. Who you were then does not define you now and from what I can tell on our first meeting, there is nothing but kindness in you. Something all healers should have, the decency to learn. It is refreshing Miss Emberr to hear you question me for my advice. It would be an honor to teach you should you be willing to learn." Words like honey spoke back to the female as he shifted his weight upon the snow realizing the temperature was dropping.

The male listened to her story of victim turning to survivor turning to successor and that itself was prideful on it's own. Something Ember should be proud of or at least he felt so. Common. It truly was the only word to describe her but as Jackle listened to her and watched her, he was ever so unique than the rest of the wolves here. The way Ember saw it was as a terrible accident that would mark her for the rest of her life and how Jackle saw it was a second chance at life. The male spoke again to Ember, this time he stood up getting ready to lead her back to the den to stay warm. "Come let's go to the den where it's warmer, my home is now your home and I am happy to talk in the comfort of our workplace. We an discuss what you and Creek were learning and I can take over from there. With Winter fresh upon us, we have only had on minor illness and hopefully it will not become too hard on us. Hopefully, we can get the basics down with you so that you can work alongside me until your able to work on your own. You're already off to a great start, that is thyme." The white male turned around in his place and waited for the pretty female to join him at his side, so that he may accompany her back to their workplace and home. It made Jackle smile being in her company and it was something he wished not to change.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 22:42

As she was asked, Ember made her way to the den with a little hop in her step. Her gathering of herbs had only taken moments for her to place back in her mouth. A few clumsy times she was to slip and give off an embarrassed laugh, but otherwise the female worked on making her way back in one piece. Following Jackle allowed her eye him while he was looking elsewhere rather than on the spot. She felt more comfortable doing this, inspecting him as if he were a new species of animal she had never seen before. In a way she supposed that he was but for more reasons than one. The first being that he took any interest in her at all, that he seemed to have come upon her when she otherwise wouldn’t of expected any other wolf to come. Prey didn’t particularly thrive in the middle of their territory, but then again Jackle wasn’t a hunter. Ember supposed she was looking at too many things far too many times and overthinking everything a tad bit. But, if she were to be honest, she had a suspicion that the brute had been seeking her out. Either way she was delighted to have happened upon him and gained a teacher in the process. Though she was told of Creek’s passing she couldn't say that she really remembered the fae other than what she had been taught in her time within the Healer den as a patient. That was enough time for her to bond and find the other female to be a beloved friend until her passing. For a moment Ember grew mournful but knew this was the practice her friend would have wanted her to follow in the first place because it always had been. Like the fairy tales told to a child she remembered the stories of how they came upon each other and of how Creek insisted that she become part of her little healing family. Now, she supposed she was.

“Thank you Jackle, this means a lot to me. I’d feel horrible giving an ill member the wrong thing, especially in these colder times,” she said as they arrived. Unlike the the outside the den was as warm and welcoming as she remembered it. Somehow it had always felt like home to her, but that was probably due to the fact she had spent more time in it than out. Quietly the Healer placed the thyme in its neat little pile where it was supposed to go. What was a small gathering quickly became a mass of herb to add to Ember’s already joyful mood. She took note of what was lacking and what it looked like for later when she was ready to gather more. Turning to Jackle, she smiled and spoke softly. “Alright, so really what Creek was teaching me was how to soothe the patients in case of major injury. She was also working quite a bit on the herbs and their uses, but for the life of me I can’t remember them all. I do know lavender.. Such a pretty flower as well as useful herb.” Ember grew giddy with the thoughts of when the herb would show itself again for she loved to move along its pastel purple masses. Her head tilted and she looked to Jackle quizzically. “Is there anything else you’d like to know? Anything I could practice?” Her soft, silver hues reflected warmth and kindness at her eagerness to help despite her lack of knowledge. She wanted to be saying hello to every new patient that came along, but she also held a softer spot for the kind male before her. He was patient though she should have known all this already before asking for rank. That sort of kind-heartedness was enough to impress her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2014, 17:07

The male dipped into the den with a new sense of pride due to the new female healer and her will to learn. Walking over to his favorite spot in the den the male turned around a few times before finding a comfortable position as his heavy body found the cool ground. The bitter weather could not reach them from inside and for this he was thankful. Eyes cast towards Ember as he listened to her speak of the late healer Creek and although his heart ached he too could see the potential in Ember much like Creek saw and he smiled. As he listened more closely, he found himself thinking over exactly what to say to her, and although he began to draw a blank it was just so pleasant to listen to her. Jackle smiled as he invited her to find her own spot in the den for he was not sure if she had a den of her own and in his thickest accent he spoke, "Please, come in and make yourself a home." Jackle waited for her to get comfortable before he began to speak again. "Madam, I find myself at a crossroads and I am sure you will be able to understand. It seems that Creek had begun to teach you well and although I am not her, I will do my best to continue where she left off. From what I understand it seems you had begun phase one of your training. Without sounding rude, I'd like to state that although you are not an apprentice as in age, you will become my apprentice until you are able to surpass me in this trade. Is that okay with you?" His words were polite and kind as he gazed over towards her. There was a fair distance between them and for now Jackle found this suitable. In his eyes, he was going to become teacher, and she his pupil.

"I do not expect you to remember everything that Creek had told you, due to your previous injury, retention problems could arise, but that is nothing to be ashamed about. Like I stated before, it's like a clean slate for you, a chance to redeem yourself and surpass whoever you might have been in the past. To be honest, although I did not know of you before hand, I am honored to know you now for I feel this is the real you. A you, I am honored to teach, and honored to be a part of your life. I have no doubts that one day you will become an excellent healer and you will one day become a better healer than myself. That is my goal and I hope it becomes yours too. We will begin our training in the next week but for now, I care to know a little about yourself, for if partners are to wrok together it is best they know how the other works. With winter upon us, it will be the most difficult for you to full learn all that you need to know, but once spring graces up again you will flourish. In my eyes you are already a healer, you may not be able to do all that you wish to do Miss Ember, but you are still a healer. The type of healer that not everyone can be, it takes compassion which no doubt I know you have, and a keen eye to detail and by what you say already about thyme and lavender I know you'll do great."

"What I care to know is who you are and what you wish for in life? How you plan to become a great healer and anything you care to learn. If you would be so kind as to tell me about yourself, what you can remember of your accident and the events that have unfolded afterwards, that would be a great help for me to understand more about you. As a healer and once so familiar with injuries, it will help me come up with a learning plan that will be easy for you understand and grasp quickly. In exchange for your information, I am happy to tell you about myself, and anything you care to know about your mentor. I will never be able to replace Creek and her teaching methods, but I plan to do the best I can Miss Ember, and I hope one day we will become the ultimate healing pair and take care of Helidos together. There is nothing to practice now other than the exchange of information. Do you deem this acceptable?"

Jackle rested his head upon his paws for a minute to stretch out his neck and back as he prepared to listen to her. There was something about her that he couldn't quite pin down in his mind, but he enjoyed her company greatly. Large white ears turned to her for a response and as he looked at her he smiled a handsome smile. "If my accent is ever to thick for you, please just tell me to repeat myself and if you find me speaking in creole, I do apologize. It is a bad habit, mon cherie." The male chuckled as he lifted his head to its prior position and looked over her, his smile widening.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2014, 19:45

“That is more than alright Jackle. Thank you for your willingness to teach me,” she said as she looked around the den. She couldn’t help smiling at the atmosphere of the den and the warmth it held. Ember watched the cracks in the walls and was reminded by years upon years of age. Every little object captured by the compact of stone. Each memory was bottled up and, in this den’s case, the good outweighed the bad. Many, including herself, had been healed in such a lovely place. She almost wished she could’ve been born into this pack, this life that was so peaceful to live. It was always quiet to her ears and to her mind to the point where it was almost therapeutic. The fae was soothed by the dirt beneath her paws and the almost musical sound of the happenings outside. Many of nights she had chosen to sleep under the stars and be comforted by the rustling of animals all around her. Ember’s eyes no longer focused upon one thing but all things at once until Jackle captured her attention. She was surprised to have met someone with such a name in all her honesty simply because she was sure it was some type of animal. But, then again, every name given among their kind held some symbolism. Like her own, Ember, was whatever was left after things went down in flame. A little piece of what was there when it all went ablaze and yet she could never be sure as to why she was named such a name in the first place.

As the conversation became more personal the fae backed from him slightly, taken aback that he would wish to know as much as he did. Her lack of sociality proved true within those moments for she really could not think of what she wanted in life. Even in her growing age it did not occur to her that she was still able to create something for herself. The fae could admit that at first she had chosen to be a healer so that she could settle and relax until she was needed. She was prepared to watch the days fly by into weeks, then into months, then years within the life of healing and nothing more. Ember supposed she really had no desire to think for if she did, she would see all too much that she had missed. “It is quite acceptable Jackle, but I fear I really do not have much to tell you about myself. I never really thought about what I wanted in life other than to help and watch this lovely pack become something wonderful, and it has. I guess all I could really say is that I don’t know where I could even start with wanting to do something more.” She rubbed her muzzle with her paw before speaking again. “I just want to heal and to help, to save lives as it was done to me because life is so beautiful it is hard to even look into its light. My accident is a good place to start because for me it really was the beginning. Well, I woke up to the relieved faces of Creek and what I would come to know as my sister, Nyx. I was asleep for almost a week before I woke again for too much blood loss left me so very weary. After that I started to build my strength and lived in the healer den under the especially protective care of Creek. She told me about the herbs and about what I should remember about my life, the other wolves I should remember especially. Other than that I learned and, when I was strong enough, made my way out of the den to work as a Warrior in silence and by my lonesome. I came back when I realized I was tired of being alone and needed others around me, but I felt the need to care and nurture others rather than fight. I don’t have that spark in me I suppose, so I asked for my rank to be changed and here I am.”

Done with her words, Ember was quiet as she rested to sit upon the ground and curl her tail around her paws. She tilted her head to the side in curiosity as she regarded Jackle. Maybe a facial expression or even the slightest action could indicate what he thought. When he spoke of his accent she only then realized he had one at all, heavy and thick as it were. She could understand him just fine, except for when he went to speak something she’d never heard before. Clearing her throat she spoke once more. “Oh no, your accent is fine. If you don’t mind me asking, what is it and what did you just say? I’m a curious creature at heart.” She smiled kindly and waited for his reply with a humble quietness.

(SO sorry this was so late! School has just started and I've been a bit backed up!)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 08:27

Jackle had startled and for a brief moment he had felt like he crossed a boundary and was ready to apologize and recant his questions, but she spoke and as he listen Jackle felt a sense of reassurance in her. Truely she was remarkable to have lost everything and still be humble, memories or not. It was deep rooted in her and even though he didn't know her past Jackle felt like he knew she had always been good. As Ember spoke, the gentleman of a brute laid there and listened. The voice behind the muzzle was smooth, soothing to his ears as he closed his eyes for a moment. Occasionally, Jackle would nod his head in agreement with her. It wasn't until he heard her ask him a question and he chuckled in a hearty voice.

"It means my dear, and come to think of it, it really isn't appropriate for me to be calling you that. My apologies Miss Ember, it seems I am far too comfortable with you at my side. Let that be a sign of trust and good faith in you. It seems that Creek, the way you speak of her, she was more so your protector and guardian angel. Not just a healer on what your pride yourself on becoming. I needed to say that, I hope you don't mind. The way you speak, think, and act it defines you Miss Ember, not your past. From here on out, we are a team. You will be able to protect this pack, holding the lives of many in your paws. And, the language I speak is Creole. It is french mostly, but southern out near the swamplands. That is where I am from. My ancestors brought it over with them from the hills of France. When I was a young lad, my mother would tell me stories of my family's adventures for they brought hoodoo to the bayou, along with common practices we have come to learn now. My only disclosure to you is, I don't claim to know everything but I know a little bit of a lot of things. You seem like someone thirsty for knowledge, the mind is a beautiful thing. Make this one stronger than the last."

Jackle smiled at her, his gentle brow dropped to face the floor as he sighed in relief of how easy it was for them to speak. It wasn't like she would take Creeks place, no one could take the place of another, but he hoped that he wouldn't be so lonely around the den. With the heart of winter up them Jackle could only hope for spring to come sooner, to bring new life to the pack and a new look on relationships ships with the healers. Together, they could do so much and Jackle would be sure to help them all. As he glanced at Ember from returning his head upright he couldn't help but feel so attached to her. Not wanting to let her go for fear of losing someone so genuine and kind, it would be like loosing Creek again. Impacts make waves in a pack and death is the biggest of them all. Jackle would plan to become her mentor, but all he hoped for was honesty and a friendship. Quietly he asked her, "What can you tell me of the pack members you know? And, last, what would you say if we tried sensory healing with you. It might help you learn your herbs and plants better, as well as artfully healing the soul and mind, body too. I believe it to work, only one way to find out." Jackle felt stopped for a moment, he wanted to know of her past but with her condition it was impossible and he refused to sit there and talk about himself, unless she asked he wouldn't so he continued to spark their interests by getting her to talk. Comfort was important to him and he just longed for her to be content.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 20:12

The idea of sensory healing startled Ember at first for she did not think there was anything to heal. Of course it wasn’t true and it was silly of her to think so. Some damage had been done, some deed signed that she couldn’t recollect upon the moment. Yet here he was offering to help her, and for this she couldn’t have been more grateful. She took his words with grace and accepted everyone spoken like they were a gift from a long time coming. The den around her comforted her and made her feel at ease. Her jaw began to loosen with all the words she had not spoken and the flame in her stormy eyes lit with the stubborn determination of a mule. She listened to him speak of becoming a team and found she was relaxed at the thought. It brought her a sense of peace that she wouldn’t be alone, and because of this she would accept his offer. “Sensory healing sounds acceptable as long as it will cause no pain. I see no issue in it at all. I take delight in knowing I will have a teacher, though please do not be too irritated if I ask you to repeat yourself. I’m sure you’ve noticed your accent can be quite heavy. Creole, though, is quite interesting. I’ve never really heard of it, but then again I’m sure my original family was close to here. My sister says as much.”

Her mouth slid into a soft and warm smile as she nodded along with his questions. Her mind pictured the creatures she knew, a few in particular catching in her mind though many other faded away. Ember concentrated on her memories and such until it all recollected. “There’s Juno. She holds the rank of Beta now, but she was my first friend here from what I know and I hold her so very dear to me. She’s been nothing but kind and was so patient in explaining to me who she was that I was amazed someone so amazing could have known me. Then there’s… him. Odin. A Warrior I believe. I also hold him dear to me but not in the same way. He’s.. Different from the others. I feel like I’ve always found him so. Also one of my first friends, though he has stuck around longer than I expect a brute of his personality to. He’s sweet and charming, so yes he is a dear friend. Oh and there’s Azul, I adore him even if he is an Elder now. He was nothing but kind to me when he visited after the accident, even if it was a few short times.” Ember smiled brightly as a feeling of accomplishment settled over her. She’d remembered enough, but she had to admit she felt a bit strained in doing so. It was as if a muscle had been over worked or used too harshly, and because of this her focus went upon keeping her balance. Bashfully she glanced up to Jackle to apologize for her obvious nausea. “I’m sorry, it seems I haven't had to remember much in a while. I did not remember the toll it can take when I am overwhelmed with too much.” Resting her full weight on the ground, Ember decided to ask questions.

“So, sensory healing. When do we start and what exactly will I be expected to do? I am quite optimistic in its healing, but I’d rather know what pond I’m jumping into before I dive in head-first.” She laughed slightly at her own words before focusing on Jackle once more. Ember waiting patiently for his answer but it was clear she was anxious, the spark within her burning into a lovely flame. The fae felt as if she needed to learn this all at once but knew her mind could only take one thing at a time, and sensory healing would be it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2014, 18:03

The way she showed interest on the words he spoke, it was magic watching them soak into her. How she longed for the past to make sense. Jackle had only ever succeeded once in making someone remember their past, especially after such a traumatic head injury, but it had worked to an extent. One in which the wolf was pleased, but for now Jackle wasn't sure on if Ember wanted to remember her past. Who wouldnt? Still, Jackle began to speak and his words were very clear. The male spoke slowly so that nothing would be misheard and for a moment it was almost devoid of an accent.

"Sensory Healing is a feat not so easily accomplished. With such a traumatic injury Ember, sometimes memory's can be fickle. There is no saying in which memories will return to you. There are warnings that must be heeded when doing such training for the brain. The ultimate conquest is knowing when to give up. The process is easy none the less and would be broken into three subjects." The brute paused for a moment and looked at the beautiful female.

"The first being that we will keep you on a strict training regiment, especially with healing. The more active you keep your mind bringing in new information and retainjng, the easy it will be to cope with whatever decided to return to you. The second being, at slow intervales, the process of learning your herbs and their uses for the brain. There are not very many that help with memory, but what sensory healing does and is, is the events of smelling something and training the mind to subconsciously remember memory's stuck within the fibers of the brain. The third and final aspect of it all, is acceptance.  For what will change and what will not change.  I suggest that you think long and hard about if you want to remember who you were. However, it could happen at amytime, that your memory could come flooding back to you."

"Personally, it would be best to have a mentor on your side that knows how to help you. And, lastly, remember that regardless if the previous you was horrible... it's who you are now that counts. I really admire the Ember jow and I wouldn't expect you to change. Honestly, I see you overcoming what was once lost and embracing that new you. A more complete you, but either way, I will always be here for you."

The brute then moved and it was a forward motion that he approached the female and gentle rested his head upon her shoulder. Slowly he whispered in her ear, "I shall never leave you Mon cherie." Then returned to his favorite place in the den. Casually glancing around hoping he had not crossed any boundaries with the female. Jackle was beginning to like Ember even more, she truly was beautiful, inside and out. Something Jackle admired and longed to have at his side.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2014, 14:58

[Sorry this is so late.. I'm back and active once and for all, no more excuses.]

Her head tilted in the slightest as her ears perked forwards. The look upon her face was that of uninterrupted attention as to what the brute was saying. Yes, it was going to hard. Of course it would be, she’d be astounded if it weren’t. It would be hard to move to the future if she could barely understand the past. Hope was lost until knowledge was retained and until she knew where she belonged. The truth was that Ember felt fractured from everything else, as if she had lost who she was. Tiny pieces were scattered in the depths of her mind and she wanted them back. She wanted to know who she was from the start. All this time and she only now found that little sliver of hope in a brute that had, to her, appeared out of nowhere. Yet, she couldn’t understand why her heart felt so broken. She just wanted to go to that metaphorical place she called home. “If you could mentor me, Jackle”, she said, “I’d be eternally grateful. I already am now and forever will be in your debt for this. Even if it isn’t successful I will be grateful that you tried. I know it won’t be hard and I accept that, but I just want to know who I am.” Her eyes had turned to the group as she spoke because she knew her words came from the heart. This would be why she didn’t notice him moving towards her, let alone his head coming into contact with her shoulder. Out of shock she froze; she had forgotten that the contact of another creature could be comforting. After a moment she relaxed and allowed him to remain as he was.

Ember listened to his whisper and tilted her head once she had moved away, automatically following him out of curiosity. “What you just said.. What did that mean?” She found herself taking place beside him and looking at him with wide and questioning eyes. Her tail tucked itself around her legs and she waved the tip of it slightly without knowing. For now she was content to leave the questions of her healing process and instead decided to replace it with questions about him. Ember could admit she was curious to know her mentor because she wasn’t quite sure why she couldn’t figure out his mystery. Simultaneously she had no desire to push too far; that would be just her luck. Lowering herself, she rested partially upon her side and tucked on forepaw over the other. Her head lifted and turned in his direction as she waited upon his question, unable to help peppering him with more. “What about you? Your past? You told me where you came from but not much more.. But if you don’t wish to share I will not pry. I’m being rude enough as it is.”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2014, 15:16

As the male grew more comfortable at her side, he truely began to admire her, for they shared similar values in life. She too longed to know who she was, much like himself, and together they would continue on with their journey's of self-exploration. Kackle finally addressed her after moments of his mind falling blank, "We shall start the process within the coming week. Id like to take some time getting to know the other healers and see what I am able to do with them as well. Then place all my ducks in a row I suppose. You will be my top priority, but it must be fair to all if they value my time and wisdom. Does that sound fair?" By no means did he sound cocky, he spoke like a professional more than a friend and he genuinely smiled at her. Canines gliste glistened as his goofy smile fell crooked upon his jaw line. The large brute chuckled as she asked him the question again, seeming like deja vu. Wanting to poke fun at her lack of memory, Jackle decided against for they were still Aquaintences and did not wish to offend her, however he found his body admiring her deeply and his mind attached to hers. "It means, my dear."

As she turned ter questions upon him, Jackle suddenyl felt like there was a spot light upon him, and all signs pointed towards his awkwardness. Not many cared to know about him and although he had shared words with others before, it was never as personal as it had just become. The white brute stopped and held his breath as he looked her in the eyes, she cared, and Jackle knew from that moment on that she was as true as she could be. And, he hopes that she woukdnt change if her past was to return. Indeed she was a beautiful soul, one he felt jealous over. "My past is simple, with nothing out of the ordinary. It isnt tragic nor is there any cataclysmic event that sent me away. My mum was a healer and my papa was as well, together they ruled over the bayou and cared for any and all creatures that passed through their home. A home they shared with the earth and all. It was not a pack really, there were others that stayed longer than others, but eventually everyone would leave. My puphood was normal, I grew up with a few siblings but I was distant from them. All I ever did was stay by my mum's side, learning everything she knew. It was my favorite thing to do, learning and practicing these arts of healing. Eventually, my siblings all left home in search of more, other trades and other lives but I stayed. My papa grew older and sickness took his life before we could find a way to heal him but that is life. My Mum stayed in the bayou where she continues to helo the earth and all its inhabitants, she is happy with her solitude life, but I wasnt."

"Eventually, I said my goodbyes and I left the south and comfort of home to travel. In hopes of finding new ways to heal, trading secrets of the art, and seeing the eartg outside my muddy water home. It was then I landed her, met Nnyla and Quinn, and stayed. It brought me to you. I could not ask for more, for I am a happy gentleman now. The happiest ill ever be. Well, I guess for now fir happiness always comes through the dark."
Jackle finied as he looked at her once more, an ear rwitched slightly and he relaxed from growinf tense. The male was at ease and his tail swayed from side to side.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2014, 20:00

Gently her chin placed itself upon her paws and she began to be soothed by his words. She enjoyed to listen to others speak until they could no long think of even the slightest thing upon their mind. Her heart knew no bounds when stories or explanations came along, leaving her swept up in the tides. Jackie’s speech was much the same and she appreciated that he took her questioning without any grief. It was completely natural and only so much like herself that she could not help but want to ask more. She was one to know the world through the mouths of others, for in her nature walks she really found that the trees didn’t speak to her at all. The substance the brute provided to her mind fed a belly that would never be satisfied. Ember just wanted to know things and balance herself somewhere, this was as great a start as ever. “Of course it seems fair, Jackle. I can understand you have others to attend to and I’m not too shabby with doing my own homework. Herbs I can work with, but with my own mental anxieties I’m afraid I would never know where to start.”

Listening to his past was an easier thing simply because it left her heart whole and happy. She’d heard what others had went through and balked in the pain they must have felt during their lives. How tragic and damaging it must be for them, but she didn’t know herself well enough to sympathize with anything of comparison. Ember remained quiet and collected whilst turning her ears more in his direction. When he spoke of happiness she would have flushed a bright red if it were possible. Her face felt warm and her mind was giddy that he would say as much. “Thank you Jackle. I’m sure meeting me was not the most important highlight, but I am grateful to have made you happy. I suppose that’s really the goal in life for me: to make others happy.” Her head turned and she gazed at him in a quiet way of hers. She wasn’t quite studying him more than she was admiring him. The chrome-like hues she called her own traveled over him and her mouth lifted in its corners. Early on she had decided she’d like this male; he was nice and didn’t bark at her for her ignorance. He was the gentle hand among the sea of thorns she’d had to pick from her sides, metaphorical or literal. He had a way about him that made her want to say that she was clumsy sometimes but it was okay because not one really noticed. Ember wanted to voice her opinions on what she knew and tell him what the facts of every matter were. If he asked any question at all, she knew she would answer it to a point of brutal honesty. This was her compassion, locked within herself and without a voice.

In all honesty, she just wanted to hear him ramble on and on about anything he wished, but she knew she’d be wasting his time. Profession was profession and the fae could not well separate the two. She knew she was happy and that she was quite content not to leave the den, but what about the brute in question? All of the sudden her questions seemed tedious and childish. Embarrassment swept over her in a rush and her mind was scattered. She’d start to form sentences she could not finish, her eyes flitting around like a humming bird in a panic. “I am so sorry! Such time has gone by, you must have other things to attend to of more importance. Please, if I should go I shall by your request. Again I apologize, it was an ignorance on my part.” Ember began to tense and her went back as if she were a pup that had been scolded. It was a reaction that she wasn’t exactly aware of, in fact she hardly knew how random her apologies were. As if a switch was flipped she was not the same, but a wolf that was ready to hide from the world if harsh words were to be directed towards herself. Creek had warned her of these things happening before, though the words from the past didn’t occur to her now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2014, 23:55

OOC: Sorry I have been gone so long. Here is a new thread ti make it up to you. Click Me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Had Me At Hello (Ember)[Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1