Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dance With The Devil (Nefarian)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Empty
PostSubject: Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2015, 07:42

Peace. It was something that had been hard to come by for many years. Silvia hadn’t had many offers at having peace, but sometimes it was the wolf who had to find the option. Today..was one of those days. The sky was clear and a very bright blue, the clouds were plump and moving lazily across the sky. It was one of those warm-summer isn’t over yet- kind of days, even in Autumn. The temperature could have some fooled, but the brilliant leaves bursting with reds, oranges, and yellows wasn’t fooling many. Autumn was upon them, and despite the fluke of warm weather, the colors of autumn were dawning upon all. Most of the trees around Mirror Lake were still green, but soon they would be turning beautiful colors. As Silvia walked through a line of trees, she couldn’t help but notice the beauty in the trees. Through the trees, as she walked, she could see the lake glinting through the spaces. The silvery light was winking at her, and it made her feel like summer was still upon them. Silvia took in a long breath of warm air, taking in a whiff of the sweet smelling pine and cedar. Letting it back out, she could only feel the happiness inside of her. How long had it been since she had felt this way? Pup hood? It seemed like it was so long ago, and truly it was. Silvia had not felt this..accomplished in many moons. Silvia remembered something that felt just like peace when she had been with her father and mother. Back when her brother hadn’t been evil..but times change. This time..it’s a better change. She thought, and it was true. This was a better change, living in Helidos...it was like a second chance. It was a chance to prove that she could be apart of pack and live up to her means in life.

Silvia had moved out of the trees now, and was walking towards the lake, her paw sinking into the sand as she came up to the edge of the grassland and to the sandy beach area that surrounded Mirror Lake. Silvia moved with grace, her slender body weaving around bushes and smaller trees with ease. Her white fur shone in the light, making her stand out on the sandy beach but also make her shimmer with her own light. Her eyes seem to take in the light of the sun, making her amber eyes brighter. They were sparkling with a happiness she didn’t even know existed. As she came up to the lake, she finally got a good look at herself and was startled. The expression she saw in her eyes and in her face, were shocking. In memory, the last time she had actually seen herself was in a mud puddle. She, then, had looked swallow and very unhealthy. Now she was gleaming with full health and strength. So what had changed? Well..her life. Silvia had become a different wolf...a better wolf. She was proud to say that outloud. Even now she thought about howling out a song to let the lake know...she was proud. She didn’t do that how ever, she just sat...alone by the lake taking in the warm air and living. Her white fur blew in the warm wind, and she let out a soft sigh. “This is more like it.” She said outloud, her voice soft yet full of quaint emotion. She wasn’t afraid to just take a moment and relax. She would, on her way home, hunt for her pack and be able to provide something for them. Lifting up her muzzle to the sky, she let out a few notes of a howl. Her lungs being filled with the sweet air, only fueled her song of happiness.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2015, 16:52

Nefarian made his way through the trees of the border, while he would have liked to remain in the pack lands, most of all he wanted to be alone. The leaves were falling, and the air was growing colder, yet it seemed only yesterday summer had been there. His thick pelt however, kept him from being chilly. He sauntered down a line of trees, his nose sniffing at the ground. He was picking up someone’s scent, someone, unfamiliar. A fae. He straightened up cocking his head to the side as he sniffed the air ahead of him. She had been through here only minutes before, and seemed to be heading to the lake as well. Nef wasn’t sure whether to turn away and find another watering hole, or to find out who this wolf was. He continued forward after a few moments of contemplation. He hadn’t had a ‘friend’, or anyone to talk with in a while. Perhaps being social was something he needed to do more. He lifted his head up and let out a low, greeting, howl. He was just telling the fae, he was nearby. His howl was low, and it echoed off the trees. He continued forward, and he knew it would be a bit before he made it to the lake. He just relaxed, and let his tongue hang out of his mouth as he panted. The sun was causing him to feel the need to cool off.

He came to a halt as he reached the edge of the woods and he looked around. Still, no one was in sight and he was so thirsty he bolted over to the water. He drank and drank, until it seemed his body could not contain another ounce of water. He then let water sit in his mouth, before lifting his head up and letting it pour down his neck, cooling him off a bit. The water was chilly, but it wasn’t cold. When he heard someone say something nearby, he froze and turned in the direction it came from. Then he heard a howl, a happy one, and he chimed in, his howl of course in the lower octaves. When she ended her howl he ended his before he wandered over slowly. You must be seeking quiet time, too, no? He sat down, his yellow orbs taking in the fae’s form. His ears perked up, and his tail wagging to show at least, that he was being friendly. He wasn’t trying to startle her, and that was why he had stopped a ways away. His black and white fur, gleamed from the sun, and the muscles under his pelt could clearly be seen. Warrior Nefarian is what they call me, m’lady. What is your name?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2015, 18:33

Silvia’s bright amber eyes were closed, still hearing her howl echoing off the many trees around Mirror Lake. It had just gotten quiet, and only the wind was stirring when she heard another howl. It was a low, and non threatening howl. She turned to look where the howl was coming from, but she only saw the trees and their brilliant colors. She could just barely catch his scent on the wind, and it was a bit of surprise to have another wolf out here. Although, the place was full of beauty, it should be shared by all. She was glad that the rogues had not taken it over and claimed it as her own. She was glad that it was open, and just beautiful. Letting out a sigh, she could feel the warm sun against her fur. She breathed in the sweet air, and thought about her howl. It had sounded almost a pitch lower, but it suddenly occurred to her that the wolf who had come to the land heard her howl. He had joined in, and he had sung his song of happiness just like her. Silvia was glad that the male had joined in, glad that there was someone friendly out there. She caught his scent on the wind once more, and breathed in slowly. It was a musky scent and had an overlying piney scent. Silvia opened her bright amber eyes, and looked up at the sky feeling relaxed.

Silvia looked at the clouds as they slowly moved across the sky. She heard paw steps and a deep voice, and she looked at the male startled. She caught the scent of Helidos on him and wondered if he was new to the pack or if he had just been visiting. She couldn't be rude and not answer, she found her voice and gave him a smile. “It is very peaceful out here, and some days we just need a place to relax. Quiet time is hard to have once in a pack.” She said with a wag of her tail. This wolf was friendly, at least in the sense that he wasn’t hurting her. It had been a long time since she had been around a male wolf, and meeting Sitka had been nice. She wagged her tail at him, showing him he was friendly. “It’s nice to meet you Warrior Nefarian. My name is Hunter Silvia. Are you a part of Helidos now?” She questioned, tilting her head. “I can smell them on you, and even if you aren’t i’m still going to be friendly to you.” She gave the male another smile and a friendly nod of her head. She felt the breeze stir her fur and she looked at the small ripples on the lake. The ripples smoothed out and the reflections became clear. She looked at the trees across the water, and happiness was on her face. “It’s so beautiful out here.” She said out loud, her amber eyes bright.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2015, 10:44

Nefarian sniffed the air taking in the crisp smell of the air. The cold made everything smell a bit fresher, at least to him it did. The leaves on the trees were still falling, he could see all the vibrant and multi-colored leaves twirling to the ground. As the wind picked up, he could see the walls of yellow, orange, and browns leaves move as they were tossed around. He tilted his head watching the show of nature, before the femme’s words caught his attention. I could not agree with ye more, m’lady. His voice was gruff, and much deeper than hers. Yet, it was surprisingly calming. Something about it just seemed peaceful. His tone never became too serious unless it was during a stressful situation. His body language alone showed he was sure of himself, but also that he was at peace. He had no reason to prove to anyone now that he could fight, the Alpha had been more than kind to him, and had allowed him to join. Helidos, it was his new home. It was the family he would now spill blood for, if need be, and help to keep everyone safe. He would give his life for this new family, even if he had only met a single person from it. Alpha Fenris had done him a great service, and he chose to do his best to prove his allegiance. He watched as the fae now was wagging her tail, just like he had. Friendly.. was the thought that entered his mind and he nodded his head slowly.

Aye, I am. You must also be from Helidos, no?  He tilted his head and followed her gaze to the lake. The water rippled, and it was clear a new current had formed, splashing water up onto the beach. He walked over as he was growing hot and waded into the water just up to his stomach. He closed his eyes, enjoying the cool water against his skin. He dipped his head and began to lap up some of the cool liquid. It struck him then that he was enjoying himself; he felt no need to be on guard. He was, relaxed. He looked back over his shoulder at the fae as she spoke. His ears perked up; as it was clear he was intent on listening to her words. I can only agree, lady Silvia. Hunter Silvia was her name, and he allowed the name to run through his mind. Silvia, it was a pretty name. A pretty name for a pretty fae such as herself, not that he was going to be as blunt as to say such words. No, he was far too traditional for that. He looked away from her and up at the sky. The clouds had begun to be pushed faster, and spots opened up revealing the light blue of the sky. He watched the clouds for a moment before they all slowed down, and the wind even at his altitude came to a halt. All was calm again, though a small breeze would rush by from time to time. The softer fur on his sides, neck, and chest would dance as if brought to life by the breeze.

He finally turned, walking back out of the water onto the beach before shaking out his fur. He made sure he was out of range of the female, as to not be rude and hit her with water. He then lied down and rolled over on his back, allowing the air to begin drying his stomach and legs. His tongue flicked out and over his nose, and he turned his head to look at Silvia. So, Hunter Silvia, how long have you been a part of the Helidos family? It was a simple enough question, and was not prying too much into her business. He allowed his eyes to trail down her body before he looked away. He stared back up at the sky before closing his eyes. It was a strange feeling to him, to be torn between attraction and resisting the feeling. He heard the currents in the water pick up again, the water began to splash along the shore a bit angrier now. Although the wind was still calmer than it had been, the water was having none of it. His ears flicked to the direction of the water, listening. All his senses were heightened naturally, and he was on guard, even if he did not show it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2015, 13:58

As the wind picked up, Silvia’s bright amber eyes were following the twirling leaves as they slowly fell down onto the cool ground. The air was still warm, but it was starting to cool off. It was a beautiful thing to see, the colors exploding around the green. It was very beautiful, and it made her heart soar with a prideful feeling. Nature was a beautiful thing, and it blew her mind when the seasons changed. Hearing the male’s voice she turned her white head, her beautiful amber eyes bright. She gave him a nod and a grin, enjoying that he was calling her a lady. His voice was deep and gruff, it made a shiver run down her spine. It had been a long time since anyone had been so respectful..it was shocking. “The air and seasons are slowly changing. It’s the time of the season.” She was glad this male was friendly, she had met many before that were not so friendly. The thought of the unfriendly males and females she had met in her lifetime made her glad she had finally found a home. Silvia would give herself up for anyone in her pack, because she already knew the love she felt in the pack was true. Silvia’s white fur shone in the sunlight, and the wind blew her fur back. She breathed in the sweet air and let out a long breath. Soon the air would become bitter, and dark. It would start to hurt to breath, but it was worth it when it slowly stopped and became spring. Ahh..spring, a time for mates and pups. A slight smile curled on her lips at the thought of pups.

“I am from Helidos, yes.” She said with a wag of her tail. She was happy to see he was part of Helidos. She watched the water splash up onto the warm sandy beach, and she looked at him. She watched the multi-colored wolf walk into the water to cool off. The heat wasn’t affecting her as much it was him, he was a darker color than her. The warmth was comfort to her, but then again her fur wasn’t as thick for now. It was starting to grow thicker as winter approached, and it was approaching with an appropriate speed. She watched him cool off in the water, and she watched the water around him ripple. She looked up at the sky watching the clouds push by faster, and she watched the clouds break free to show open blue. There he went again saying Lady, it made her tail wag. The wind was warm as it breezed around her again and her amber eyes closed as it did. She opened them, the sun catching her eyes and the light in them again. She hadn’t had this much joy inside of her in a long long time. She had missed alot being on her own, she had seen the bad in a lot of places. She had also learned to appreciate the good in many others. Now, she was seeing the good in Nefarian. He was a handsome male, and she could see that there was plenty of good inside of him. “I have found my second chance, if that makes sense. This pack is my second chance...to have a life.” She said with a small smile, hoping he would understand what she was saying. Everyone deserved a second chance, and she was hoping this one would stay for a long time.

She watched him walk out of the water, and he looked relaxed. She walked over to him when he flopped on his back and she sat down next to him. She laid herself down her muzzle in her paws. “I actually just joined Helidos not a few days ago. I have been trying to learn all the wolves names, but i’ve lost track.” She laughed softly and shook her head, thinking about all the wolves she had met. “I’ve met you, and your name is hard to forget. Kind of like Sitka or Nnlya.” She said naming off two of the wolves she had met already. “Did you just find the pack? I know your face isn’t all that familiar.” She said peering at him with bright amber eyes, her white fur framing her face making her eyes brighter and the blackness around her eyes darker. She looked him over, he was strong and handsome. It was strange feeling all of the sudden feelings, but he was different. She could tell he was, and she liked that he was different. He wasn’t from around here, just as she wasn’t. “Where did you come from?” She questioned, her voice had curiosity in it. She didn’t learn much about the wolves around her, she hadn’t been able to ask very many questions. She knew that many wolves had come from different lands, but Nefarian was the first one she could actually ask.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2015, 14:03

Nefarian watched currents on the water. The water had become angrier over time, and small white caps appeared on the lake, their bodies rushing to slam into the shore. Surprisingly enough, the water wasn’t upon him yet, but he could see the water drawing ever nearer. At the fae’s words, his attention was torn away from the water and the wind elements, and his eyes were locked on the she-wolf now. I must agree, though, I believe m’lady, this pack is a second chance for a lot of us wolves. He chuckled then, as his words were true. Many a wolf had apparently come to this pack’s border, searching for safety, for a home. He rolled over slowly then, lying on his stomach. His tail wagged, though it was more out of habit than anything. Anytime he was happy or enjoying himself, he was usually wagging his tail.

He smiled at her words and chuckled again. She was not a closed off wolf by any means, and actually talking to someone was refreshing. He tilted his head at her and nodded. I just joined the Helidos pack as well, Huntress. His smiled faded and he waited before continuing to talk. I found it out of sheer luck, I am afraid. I came from far up north. Where it mostly always snows, and the temperature can chill one to the bones. He shook his head remembering all the struggling. All the desperate times, and desperate measures, and he even remembered his pack. I was the son of an Alpha couple. They were pushed from their throne, and it was taken over by a tyrannical couple. They starved my pack, had the wolves turn on each other. Over time I was used to kill my own family, my own pack, and my own grandfather. I fought back however, and created an army of all those who claimed to be the opposition to such tyranny. It didn’t hold up though, the Alpha was killed, but the Alphess lived for a few more years. She went somewhat insane, and killed most of the pack by herself alone, or by starving them. In the end when I finally had control again, the pack was dropping like flies. I was dubbed ‘Alpha Slayer’, and when I joined this pack I promised to never go by such a name again.

He sat up then, his eyes staring blankly at the water. Suddenly he wished he could just be free of the shackles that were bound to his soul. There was nothing I could do, and in the end, my territory because split evenly through neighboring packs. I fled however, as I could not imagine myself submitting to those who allowed my pack, my family, and myself to suffer. He shut his eyes and sighed, his tail no longer wagging now. In fact, the hair on his neck and back was slightly raised from anger. His yellow orbs finally seen clearly again as he opened his eyes and looked at Silvia. I would call this not just a second chance, but a rebirth. I no longer have to see my wolves suffer. I can be a part of a family, and be loved as a family member. Perhaps make my own family in the future. I do not know yet, I have nothing planned. He smiled then, his features becoming peaceful yet again. And where did you come from? His mind was returning to the times he had played in the snow as a pup. He was enjoying remembering the good memories, and ignoring the bad ones.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2015, 17:56

Around the two of them, the wind had slowly started to pick up pace. The water was moving up farther, and it reminded her of the stories she had heard of the ocean.  The elders of her father’s pack had spoken of the ocean, and how long it had taken them to travel. Her brother had never been interested in such stories, but when Silvia was young she loved hearing stories like that. Silvia’s bright amber eyes were drawn towards Nefarian as he spoke and she gave him a nod. He was right, a lot of wolves that had been wandering into Helidos must of needed a second chance. Something deep inside of the them needed forgiveness and Helidos was it. “Helidos is a forgiving pack, which i’m glad they take in wolves. Sometimes it’s hard to find a pack that even takes in pups.” The thought of the neighboring pack her father had made her shiver. The neighboring pack was cruel and ruthless. The perfect place for her brother unfortunately. Silvia looked at him as he rolled over onto his back and watched his tail wag. A smile crept up on her black lips but she tried to hide it. Him wagging his tail was contagious for she started doing the same. There was something different about him, and it made her heart flutter in her chest.

It wasn’t normal for her to speak this much, but she liked it. Someone listened to her, being alone for so long really did mess with her mind. She didn’t realize how much she actually liked talking until she had met Nefarian. He had been able to make her talk, and she was glad. Being in a pack was already changing her, and changing her for the better. “I found Helidos by luck, and i’m glad I did.” She said and then shivered at his words. “It sounds very cold where you used to live.” She said quietly, and flicked her ears watching his expressions. She knew the struggles of winter, but never to the extent that he did. She had hated the winters her father’s pack had suffered, but she had never felt such a cold. She had almost forgotten that she had asked him where he had come from when he started speaking about it. She moved close to him as his voice changed, and she could hear the true emotion in it. Before she knew it she was nuzzling against him, comforting him. “You’re past is not a good one, but as you said, this is a new chance. A new chance at a new beginning and not all wolves are lucky” She smiled at him, giving him another lick. “We all have to have a family at some point. That is one thing I am excited about.” She couldn’t help the wistful smile, before getting serious again. “I am sorry about all that has happened to you, but our pasts aren’t that different.” She said quietly and licked his cheek, blushing under her fur before pulled back and speaking to him.

She sat back on her haunches thinking about her past for a few moments. “I came from a farther place west of here. It was a long journey, but i drifted for a year or so before I found this place.” She said her voice becoming slightly grave. “I was daughter to an alpha pair, and i had a brother. My brother was the “black sheep” of the family. He and I grew up together, we were the best of friends. As we got older, he started to change. He stopped playing and he stopped being happy.” A soft sigh escaped her at the memories. She continued on how ever. “My father had warned both my brother and I of his brother, and told us to never speak to him. My brother convinced me to go visit our Uncle, and after spending time there...I realized I didn’t like the thoughts he expressed to us. I also didn’t enjoy the way he looked at me. Hungry...and lustful.” She swallowed hard, her ears down against her head for a few seconds. “I stopped going but my brother would sneak out and go see him. At one point I tried to stop him, but he was bigger than me and he had threatened my life. I should’ve seen, at that point, that he was going down a dark past, but I didn’t.”

“I instead moved on, getting ready to take over the pack. My brother and I were now of age, and my father had chosen me seeing my brother was barely around. My brother disappeared one week, and didn’t return. It was the week of my ceremony and when the day came...he attacked with the neighboring pack.” She sighed at her words, remember everything as if it were yesterday. “He had left to go take over the pack, he had pushed and willed the wolves to follow him instead of their old leader. He attacked my father’s pack..and it was a battle that none would forget. I was fighting, protecting my parents when my brother attacked and in the end..I killed him. I see it as..I let him go. He was free of the evil that had clung to him.” Her voice had changed, had become sadder and she was no longer looking towards Nefarian but towards the lake.  “I couldn’t take the pressure of the pack with guilt in my heart so I left. And well...here I am.” She turned her gaze back towards Nefarain, and her gaze was full of guilt and pain. She tried to hide it but the storm in her eyes was to great. She turned away, hiding what she felt. "I have a new chance now." She whispered softly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Dance With The Devil (Nefarian) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dance With The Devil (Nefarian)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1