Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A hunting we will go....

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A hunting we will go.... Empty
PostSubject: A hunting we will go.... A hunting we will go.... Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2013, 10:47

With the passing of winter and the break of a new dawn there lay many opportunities ahead for things to do. New plants were popping up everywhere, leaving the pale Healer frantic to find and collect them all. Having only joined in the fall Creek was deprived the chance to see just what bounty nature had given her in her new home. Overjoyed at the prospect of new and different plants to collect every spare minute was now spent gathering to dry the precious herbs. Today Creek's paws led her to Eden's Hollow where clumps of new herbs were starting to rise up. Thyme and heather were beginning to grow as was savory and juniper. Amidst these common herbs more unknown ones where growing, ones that Creek would have to try and remember from her years as a healer back east. Already she had been to the swamp and had identified a few more to teach to her apprentice, now she would do the same here.

Ah her apprentice. Lucy was a keen wolf with much talent hidden under her pelt. Thinking of her made a grin grow on the faes face for she couldn't ask for a more willing pupil. Many a time Lucy had helped her gather herbs or tended to minor wounds without any resentment even with the least favored task. Not all aspects of healing were glorious, no. There were wounds to clean out, bile to be collected and the tedious task of drying to do. Pleased to have someone to share the burden Creek almost let herself give Lucy the easy tasks and not allowing her to expand her knowledge. Having to correct herself Creek tried everyday to help Lucy to grow, so that one day she could be a full fledged healer. Knowing that day was still far away for right now she would focus on the easy tasks of learning new plants.

Her lesson today would start with identifying three new plants Creek had just recently found. Part of a healers job was to critically think what a herb could do, even without knowing what it was. By using their sense of taste and scent most herbs could be identified as a inhalant, a oral stimulant or a topical herb. As for what they could do that would require further thinking using the scent and taste. So much to learn made Creek chuckle to herself as her eyes scanned the area, looking for Lucy.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A hunting we will go.... A hunting we will go.... Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 15:38

Her fur was ruffled as she broke through the tree line of emerald spades, it's edges frayed and disheveled as broken twigs and blades of blooming green entwined around its dappled locks, her expression a look of lost before her eye caught the flash of cream and milky fluff that was her mentor. "Oh, Creek," she cleared her throat in a single hem as the calloused strain to her voice reached her ears, sighing a heated puff of faltering breath once she stood before the healer. "I'm late, aren't I? I'm terribly sorry, I hope you weren't waiting long. I ran into a rather nasty bush on the way, which I hope provides an explanation for my less than meticulously presentable appearance." She smiled warmly, it's width touching her eyes as they crinkled, bowing her head in a belated greeting as to even their heights; for the alabaster wolfess before her was just a tad shorter. Of course she had noticed the air of buoyancy that clung to her steps as she entered the clearing of these oaks of Eden, her tone free of care and instead laced with joviality as she spoke, as it had been noted ever since her friendship with Creek began. Yes, she was hardly older than herself, but the gracious healer had become more of a mother figure to the apprentice than simply her trainer, and Lucy's openness seemed to be growing with each moment spent in her company.

She lifted her head from its awkward bend and stood to circle around to Creek's side, settling softly upon her haunches as to survey the lands at hand, her tired eyes expectantly greeted by the pristine beauty of such a secluded haven. It seemed that with each territory of Azul's that she left as she seekingly sauntered, the next to meet her would be daringly close in magnificence, if not more so. Eden's Hollow was incredibly whimsical in that its glory lay hidden beneath its intimidation and eerie aura, its shadows of mystery and intrigue a wonder only for certain eyes to behold with appreciation - an aspect Lucy was more than drawn to, for a certain Alpha of the same had her heart in his gentle vice. Her gaze lowered to the ground and its buds of awakening daisies as her skin flushed warm, shooing away the various delights and thoughts of Azul as they threatened to muddle her tongue.

"What have you in store for me today, Creek?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A hunting we will go.... A hunting we will go.... Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 16:38

When Lucy finally arrived her disheveled appearance almost made the cream fae giggle. It wasn't like the fair female to look so scruffy, but after her explanation the mood of concern turned to humor. "My dear I'm afraid exploring for bush herbs isn't until next week, though I commend you for staying ahead in your studies." She joked as she plucked a stray leaf off Lucy's pelt. Smiling and turning back to her new herbs she motioned over her shoulder for Lucy to follow. "You aren't late dear Lucy, I was just early. I've been scanning this new area of the forest and have found three plants that I hope will be new to new. Part of being a healer is learning to adapt and to use your initial knowledge to determine a plants uses. None of these plants are dangerous, but I'm curious if you can use your senses to tell what what these plants might do." She explained as she nudged the three plants towards her.

"Now as you know there are three classes of herbs; inhalants, those eaten and those used on the skin. Inhalants tend to have strong scents, orals or usually dryer and have less oil whereas topical are the opposite. Have a go at these three." She said pushing forward the shitake mushroom, mint plant and ginseng plant. Having found these this morning Creek had already determined the mystery mushroom to have healing benefits through being eaten. The mint was inhaled and helped soothe a upset stomach whereas the ginseng could be eaten for stamina or used on the skin to re grow hair. Curious as to how Lucy did Creek sat back and waited for her response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A hunting we will go.... A hunting we will go.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A hunting we will go....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1