Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2015, 21:39

Not quite ready to meet either of her new alphas yet, Aconitum had gone to Mirror Lake, a place she now knew very well. Laying along the bank of the calm waters, the old fae stuck her head under the cool surface and watched small plants struggle against the rocks just under her nose. She smiled brightly to herself as she began comparing her journey to that of the vegetation in the lake. 'You've come so far, little sprout. Now what will you do? Will you give up your fight to the rocks? Or...' Aconitum lifted her head just enough for her eyes and ears to resurface, so she could see the taller, stronger greens that swayed over the lake with the passing breeze that followed spring's arrival. The dark furred female submerged her head yet again. 'Or will you grow? Fight for your right to live as the larger plants do. Listen, their soft rustle in the wind taunts you. Fight, little sprout, and become more than any of your oppressors can handle.' Once again, Aconitum lifted her head. She let her intense amber gaze float over the scene in slow, natural movements like that of the dragon flies hovering above her head. Her pointed ears twitched with the smallest sounds; the birds chirping, the insects buzzing, the smaller animals foraging. She heard it all. Using one of her paws, Aconitum pushed a couple rocks off of the small plants and light smile danced over her lips. "You were once nothing, little sprout. Now you will surely become something."
Back to top Go down
Locke of Helidos
Locke of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases: Large Wolf (86 cm)

PostSubject: Re: Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 16:50

The gentle sound of the lake water lapping against the shore was peaceful to his ears as Locke cast his gaze out over the beautiful scenery. Breathing deeply in, the male closed his yellow eyes for a moment and listened to the orchestra of sounds that nature was producing. Birds sang above in the bright blue sky and in the branches of trees, dragonflies were busily buzzing around, and occasionally a quick 'plop' would be heard in the water from a fish. The day felt great, and his white pelt was warmed from the sun above. Breathing out, Locke let his eyes open slowly and began to step out into the lake water. His sturdy paws gripped the slippery rocks and pebbles beneath the water's surface as his tail dipped further into the water - loose strands of white fur floated behind him gracefully going this way and that. The water was refreshing and cool, and the warrior could see the surface beneath the waters clearly. He watched his paws for a while, before he could no longer feel the ground beneath him. Paddling through the lake, Locke was attuned with everything around him and watched life unfold from afar. A young doe and her mother approached the water hesitantly from the other side of the lake and began to drink, and Locke began to stray from going that way so as not to disturb. His belly was full, and his pack was thriving. Perhaps there would come a time where he and the deer met again on a day where the wolf had to hunt down his prey for the survival of him or his family, but it was not yet that day. The pressure from becoming lead warrior was slowly releasing its grip from his shoulders and replacing it with confidence. 'I must meet some of the warriors soon - I would like to get to know who they are and what each one can do.' Quietly thinking to himself, the male had lost track of where he was. Feeling soil underneath his paws once again, Locke regained full attention and looked around him. Further than where he had started, he was near a bank of the lake with plants rising from the water up towards the sun. Dragging himself out from the lake's grip - pelt both clinging to his body and drooping with the weight of water - the brute listened as the water droplets from his fur rejoined with its larger counterpart. 'Why is it always harder to get out than in,' grumbling to himself, Locke began to shake his coat when he heard the faint words spoken. Ears pricking with the sound, the male stopped what he was doing and lifted his head up to scan the area. Had he stumbled too close to a foreign wolf?

He never would have noticed her if it weren't for her bright amber eyes in the lake brush. Laying down on the shore of the lake was a black dame whose fur almost seemed brown in parts from the light of the sun. While it was not strong, Locke could almost place the scent of Helidos on her coat. Tilting his head a bit, the warrior looked into his memories to see if he could remember her. Alas, he could not recall seeing this she-wolf at the meeting. Approaching her slowly, Locke smiled in greeting. "Hello, miss." He paused at a small distance from her, not wanting to intrude upon her business. "I thought I was the only one out here on this beautiful day until I heard you speak." Looking out onto the lake, the wolf could not help but smile again. The sunlight shimmered off the water beautifully, and time seemed almost slowed here.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 22:09

Aconitum looked up from what she was doing to study the approaching male thoroughly. A dragon fly landed on her ear and buzzed as if it were speaking to fill in the silence that fell like a thick blanket over the two wolves briefly. After a moment, she offered him a wide smile and stood up, shaking off the dragon fly and any other bugs that might have crawled onto her fur. "Hello there." The dark furred fae greeted, taking a few steps toward the wolf before her. Since she was so close to the bank of the lake, the wet soil under her paws squelched with each of her steps. Aconitum's welcoming smile grew into a wide, mischievous grin at his words and she nodded. "Yes, I try to keep myself hidden as much as possible. I'm glad to hear that my years of practice has payed off. It's actually quite reassuring." She admitted. Lifting her nose slightly into the air, Aconitum took in Locke's scent. "Ah~ You are from Helidos, yes? You would be the second one I've met today." She chipped with a small chuckle. "It is a pleasure, my friend. I am Aconitum." The fae padded closer to Locke and sat down a bit childishly in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Locke of Helidos
Locke of Helidos

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2015, 16:50

Removing his gaze from the glittering water, Locke gave his full attention to the unknown fae as she arose from her position on the shore and shook off a dragonfly which had perched upon her ear. The insect began to buzz noisily away, and the warrior let his gaze flick up to watch it soar off above the lake before looking once more at the she-wolf who was beginning to walk towards him now. He carefully watched her tread for a moment - making sure her movements were not hostile - before letting himself relax. A smile was placed on her lips, and her demeanor was friendly, so, in return, the male wagged his wet tail in a welcoming manner. He kindly smiled at her words, laughing softly in response. "You have quite the knack for camouflage then, I see! Well, I didn't see before, but now I do. I'm lucky you were not intending to sneak attack me. I must say, I envy your skills, miss. My home does not exactly fit my white pelt very well - i'd be lucky if my prey just thought I was a walking dandelion fluff." Looking down at his wet pelt, the wolf shook his head. "Although I suppose I only look like a wet wolf at the moment."

The she-wolf must have at least known what Helidos was, for she recognized the scent on his coat. Using a little analytical skills, Locke decided that she might have been freshly accepted into Helidos today. 'How wonderful, it's nice to see more members,' the brute thought to himself, nodding at the female's words. "It is nice to meet you too, miss Aconitum. My name is Locke, and, yes, you'd be correct; I am a part of Helidos. Are you a new arrival, then? I must personally welcome you if you are. I'm always happy to meet more of my pack." She seated herself in front of him, causing Locke to blink out of the suddenness, before a chuckle came from his lips. Sitting down as well now, the brute felt the moist, damp soil underneath his haunches.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2015, 13:00

Aconitum chuckled at Locke’s comment. “I think that having a white pelt would be lovely. Fun in fact.” She chipped with bright eyes. “I’m one for getting my fur dirty because I love the feeling of the mud as it washes out. Being able to see it happen would only add to the fun, yes?” The dark fae threw back her head and let out a hearty cackle. She was beginning to like this brute’s attitude. He didn’t seem like the pretentious and overwhelmingly intense males she was used to dealing with. He was… kind, much like Rose. “But I must admit, you do look like a dandelion fluff. The rarest of them all. Hell, you could be your own species of wolf. Start your own pack and call it the Raging Dandelions. Only the floofiest of wolves would be allowed to join.” Aconitum laughed again at her own joke. “And those who challenged you would meet a very comfortable and pillowy death.” She teased, wagging her tail in delight. “Yes, the foes that will fall to your fluffy paws.” The mad wolf kept on her ramblings of the adorably soft dandelion wolf pack until she had realized Locke had spoken again. “Oh yes! I am a warrior. Warrior Aconitum. Did I already mention that?” Aconitum looked up to the sky in thought. “Oh dear, was I rambling again? You’ll have to excuse me. I… am mad, you see. Once I start my mad wolf rambling, I can’t turn it off and I lose myself in my thoughts.” She hated to admit it, but the old fae felt it fair to tell Locke, warning him of her odd tendencies to trail off like that. Besides, if they were going to live in the same pack, he and all the others would find out eventually.
Back to top Go down
Locke of Helidos
Locke of Helidos

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2015, 03:19

Locke could not help but give a hearty laugh as the conversation went on with the quirky fae. He much enjoyed this she-wolf's lighthearted personality and comical thoughts, and a smile spread across his face from ear to ear. It felt good to relax and share a few good laughs. "I can't say i've ever heard someone say they enjoyed getting mud on their coat, but I must say now that you mention it washing mud out of my fur is rather fulfilling. The fun would never end, too! That's my secret, you see - I've always got dirt in my pelt." Chuckling, the brute's yellow eyes lit with a spark of happiness and he had to keep himself under control as Aconitum went on to talk about starting his own pack named the 'Raging Dandelions' - the name deriving from the decision his doppelganger was in fact a dandelion. "Well, I must thank you, miss Aconitum! You are the first to call me a 'rare dandelion fluff,' but I consider that quite a compliment. I shall not be Locke henceforth, but Mr. Fluff - alpha of the Raging Dandelions. It has quite a ring to it, if I do say so myself. I shall name you Miss Puff, and as my beta we shall rule. Although, I doubt miss Quinn would take me very seriously." Bashfully laughing at his own strangeness, Locke couldn't help but imagine the look Alphess Quinn would give him if he were to mention such a thought. 'She'd probably reconsider choosing me as lead warrior and remember to steer clear of me,' he humored to himself.

Tilting his head to the side a degree, Locke blinked at the she-wolf dumbly for a moment before his ears shot upward and an excited look filled his face. "You are a warrior? I'm quite glad to have you on my side, then! You see, I am one of two lead warriors of Helidos. It's a recent rank, but i'm determined to make the most of it." It was delightful to see that Acon might be around him more than if she had been another rank, and he knew that the others would enjoy her humor too. However, the male found himself shaking his head as the she-wolf spoke again. "Do not fret, miss Aconitum. I quite enjoy your ramblings - your imagination is a world of its own. I bet you would be quite the story teller." Chuckling softly under his breath, Locke mused. "I bet the pups would be in awe of your stories, and I for one am hooked."

Eyes flicking to the ground, the warrior smirked mischievously. Rising to his paws from his seated position, the male backed up a few paces and dropped into a playful bow. Smacking his paws on the wet, muddy soil, the white wolf splattered pieces of mud everywhere; it landed on his face and covered his paws and underneath his nails quickly. The feat was an attempt to splatter the she-wolf with wet soil, but most of it back-fired on the warrior himself. Heartily laughing, Locke wagged his tail and tried to wipe off a bit mud  of mud on his face with his paw. However, instead, he left a big smear mark of mud across his forehead. Shaking his head, the male smiled and rose up from his stance.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2015, 07:13

Aconitum tucked her nose into her fur so as to not accidentally suck up the mud that was flying her way. "Oh yes, I do love sharing my stories with the wide-eyed pups. So young and so full of wonder!" She chipped, jumping up to her feet and leaping into a large mud puddle. The splash sent up a spray of mud and dirtied water. It always made the old fea feel more comfortable when another wolf shared her young nature. Aconitum was beginning to feel too old for her own good these past few moons and she didn't particularly like it. 'Yes. The pups, so young and wide-eyed. So trusting and innocent.' She thought. This however, brought on thoughts of her own late little ones. They hadn't lived long, but long enough. "Why do the little things amuse us so?" She began aloud. "Everything is just so... wonderful in this world." The fea turned to look at Locke with a warm smile. "Wouldn't you agree? This... wonderful world we live in is just too great for even our own comprehension. The flowers so bright, the sky so blue, your fur so white." Aconitum rambled on yet again, speaking her philosophical nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mad Wolf Ramblings (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1