Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greeting the Alpha [Magnus]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Elite Malachai
Elite Malachai

Wolf Information
Purchases: Large Wolf, Extra Threads,

Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Empty
PostSubject: Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2015, 15:49

The morning was a bit chilly as the Delta awoke and pulled himself from his den. He had made his den the previous day, as he knew Magnus and Chiara would not want their Delta sleeping in their den, nor did he wish to. He preferred to sleep alone most days. He cleared a small den out for himself in the west edge of the clearing. He had put leave, moss, and some fur in the den to make it a little more comfortable for himself. Although his den was small now, he knew that if he ever acquired a mate or young, he could easily expand his den to meet their needs whenever that time may come in the future, or if it came. He stretched his body, lowering his chest to the ground, releasing a large yawn in the process. Standing up straight again, he blinked and looked around. Nobody else was quite up and moving yet. He was the first one awake. Smiling, he took this to an advantage to have a bit of alone time within the pack clearing. He was not far from his den, as there was a patch of grass that had decided to make its home beside the entrance to his den. He happily walking over and flopped down into it, rolling on his back. He twisted his body, trying to get the scent of grass onto himself. The male sat up, as grass and debris clung to his white coat. He shook himself free of the tiny nature bits that resided in his fur. He looked around, then remembering that Magnus said he and Malachai would go hunting together at some point. Trying to gain trust from one another, as they both were clearly weary of the other and not close at al. He wanted to become friends with the alpha, as he was an important part of Malachai's life at this point. Malachai already knew that he would not intentionally cause harm to Magnus, nor would he betray him. Magnus and his mate had taken him into their new home instead of leaving him in the dust, and the burning fire that was the hell itself known as Erenyx. Although they were the only official members of Pyrvanthros, he wondered why nobody else from Erenyx came with them. He heard complaints about how it was ruled from others, yet nobody followed the ex guardian and warrior.  

He thought about the others in Erenyx for a moment. The only two that concerned him were Tundra and Piper. The girls were the first ones he was able to fully trust within the pack, and he cared for them. He knew Piper would have a home if she so wished to leave Erenyx in the future, as he knew her mother and father would gladly accept their child home. Tundra made him worry. Her acts may cost her, and he was not prepared to let something happen to his friend, his sister. He did consider her family, as she was trustworthy and was willing to fight for him as he was for her. He knew her heart ached for her exiled love, and if she so needed the help to reunite with him, he would gladly assist her. He knew that it was a harsh thing to have the one you love distant, even if he had not experienced it for himself. He knew how hard such things could be on both the mind and the body. He wanted Tundra and Samael to rule Erenyx, or even Aleu if she ever returned to her birth pack. He sat and pondered about so many outcomes of what could happen to Erenyx in the next few months, and it made him curiouser and curiouser by the minute. Would the mighty Teren soon fall to his knees?
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2015, 02:56

(ooc - apologies for the extremely long wait. Let's make this a quick one, quick one's a good one XD)

The first morning in his new home. His first morning as Alpha. Not a traitor, not a runaway. Neither Hunter nor Guardian. He was the Alpha, the leader of this pack. It was a mostly empty sort of leadership for the moment - he was after all the Alpha of a pack of one, not including himself or his mate. But he held a responsibility to that one pack member, to know him, understand him and keep him safe. It was why he had suggested they meet this morning. Malachai was now his Delta, his most senior advisor in their little pack. He had to know his followers, the motives of those who advised him. He didn't know Malachai well enough to have appointed him, but he trusted his mate knew who she was appointing to the position, trusted that he was loyal and true. He was loyal enough to follow them into the unknown, would he be loyal enough to help them run this pack? He supposed it was time to find out.

Magnus nuzzled his beloved before crawling from their den. It was spacious and luxurious, befitting of and Alpha and his Alphess. Large enough to hold their new collection of trophies, his mate's feather collection... and their pups, when the time came. The Alpha crawled from his den, breaching the morning light, warming him as the early chill kept him cool. It was a sweet equilibrium he found himself in and one he relished. He bowed low, muscles hissing in a stretch, spine popping delightfully. Raising to his full glory he breathed in the autumn air, crisp and clean, relishing in this feeling of peace. It was the perfect kind of day, not too hot, not too cold. Exhaling, his eyelids opened slowly to find the empty pack clearing before him. Lush and green as it was, it was still lacking life. There was only one other body in their packs gathering place. The Alpha approached, nodding politely to the male. "Malachai." His golden eyes wandered over the other male where he lay, looking calm and thoughtful. "What claims your mind, Malachai?" He asked, wondering what thoughts held him so focused. He hoped the male could be just as focused on their hunt. Which reminded him, "Any ideas where we might find some prey worth hunting?" He asked next with a slightly excited grin.
Back to top Go down
Elite Malachai
Elite Malachai

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2015, 14:35

The silence was broken by another's voice coming through the morning air. The Delta looked up, seeing Magnus stand before him. The brute stood and dipped his head for the alpha, then spoke. "Good morning, Magnus." He smiled to the male as his ear twitched for a moment at some movement in the brush behind him. Assuming it was just a small animal searching for a morning meal. "Well, I was just thinking of Piper and Tundra. Just hoping they're doing okay in Erenyx. That's all." He gave a weak smile, as he knew bridging up his daughter would be a touchy subject, be he was telling the truth to him. He was concerned about Tundra. He knew that something was bound to happen to her with the choices she made, but was unsure if the outcomes would be good or bad. The white male nodded and cleared his throat, suspecting that Magnus did not wish to talk about his young daughter. His spirits lifted when his superior asked about hunting on this morning. Malachai remembered a valley he ventured upon along the way back from searching the borders. He remembered seeing a few deer, rabbit, and elk wandering the rolling hills. "There's a valley not too far from here. When I crossed through it on my way back from checking the borders, I saw a few deer and elk. We could go there, or just go where our paws take us." The Delta smiled, hoping that the alpha would wish to venture out to the valley that Malachai had then mentioned. His cyan eyes wandered from the alpha, to the exit of the clearing that would lead them into the outside world around them. He wasn't sure what would come of their expedition, but the white brute was sure it was going to be well worth it. "We go wherever yo wish, Magnus." He smiled and flicked his tail to the side. Sitting down, he wrapped his bushy tail around his right side, settling over his hold paw.

(OOC - So sorry! Low muse!)
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2015, 00:12

(ooc - All good, sorry for the wait).

Magnus was always up for a hunt, he would never say not to an invitation to do so and jumped at the chance to invite another on a hunt. The job was one of his favourites and he had a natural talent for it. Magnus held the belief that much could be understood about a wolf by the way he hunted. It was easy to see focus, discipline, strength, cunning and control, all useful and important qualities. The male swallowed and nodded understanding as his Delta spoke his mind. He missed his daughter very much, despite their tense relationship. He knew of the other female Malachai had mentioned. Tundra, his mates replacement as Guardian female after her demotion. Magnus had never taken much time to get to know her, but had seen her in passing a few times. He saw enough to know she could handle her new position. He held the female no ill will, she had not asked for the position and had done no harm to his family. All of their suffering was to be blamed on Teren and his predecessor Steele. Magnus stopped to consider his Delta's thoughts. The valley probably was the best place to go in search of larger prey. The Wasteland and Thicket were better for smaller catches, rodents and the like. Magnus became so lost in such simple thoughts, he had to be awoken by Malachai's insistence. He cleared his throat. "Very well. The Valley it is." He set off at a brisk walk, expecting the other to fall in behind. They walked for some while in silence before Magnus remembered one of the reasons they were here. He could learn much about a wolf by watching him hunt, but he could also learn by getting to know them. "Tell me, Malachai, what was it that brought you to us? You obviously came to Erenyx from somewhere, looking for something and yet you left what you had there to join us." He was interested to see the brutes interpretation of the question. He'd left it open a little. He could talk about his past and where he grew up, why he left, or he could begin a more philosophical discussion as to the thoughts that brought him to such a decision. He wondered which little treat her might receive as they walked to their destination.
Back to top Go down
Elite Malachai
Elite Malachai

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2015, 01:42

The Valley it was. He nodded to the other male as they then began to head to their destination. It was clear that it is their goal to get to know one another, and the white male was not afraid to tell about his past. He was not afraid, no, but he was ashamed. He hated to admit the things he had done. That would forever hang over his head for the rest of his lifetime. The Delta's heart slightly sank as his leader asked him about himself. Why he left Erenyx, and why he went there int he first place. Malachai took in a deep breathe before he began to speak. "Before Erenyx, I came from a dark pack that fed off of suffering and death. I was born as the runt of the litter. Bullied constantly by the older pups. I became tired of it at a young age, and trained to be the best. I turned out to be the best, according to the tyrant that ruled over those lands. I became his Lead Warrior at the age of two, and was basically what Irrationality is to Teren." He took in a deep breath, looking over to the other as they walked. He was nervous to see that his new leader would think of him after this encounter. "Our Alpha had suspected my elder brother of associating himself with a female of another pack. He had one of his other high ranking wolves to follow him when he snuck off into the night. Once they confirmed his apparent disloyalty to the pack. My brother was then sentenced to death. I... was the executioner. I had killed by own blood before the eyes of every male, female, and pup within the pack." He sighed and shook his head. He missed his brother dearly, and he had killed him because he loved someone different. Murdered him because he had nobody else to please. He regretted his actions deeply. he knew that doe others had a worse past than he, and he could not imagine anything worse, but he respected those who had a rough life but did not give into the dark ways of the world. He shook out his fur, sending a few strands of fur fly, he carried on his way with Magnus. "Later that night, I was sent to kill the female who he had been with. At the time, i had no other urge than to please the alpha. It was please him or die, and of course, I did not want to die. I believed that that way of living was correct. That all packs worked with killing and murder of others. I raped and killed the she-wolf. The alpha was pleased. Later that year, he had found that some males were mating with the females instead of his own bloodlines being carried on. angered, he lashed out and eventually killed all the pregnant females. The males of the pack rallied against him, putting his ways to rest. Then, everyone took off to start their life over. I was left alone, surrounded by decaying bodies." He nodded, admitting to these things in his past life. He was not proud. It was clear in his voice, but he was going to tell his alpha of what he has done. He would not lie. "Then when i came to Erenyx, I still had the thinking of those ways. I enjoyed living under Teren, until I met Tundra and Piper. I spoke to them, and they made me understand that what I though was okay, was the curliest thing you could ever do to a wolf. Piper's innocence and Tundra's tough love was enough to make me want to change. To make myself look at the big picture and what Teren was actually doing. Piper, she spoke about you. She said she did not know what to think of you. This was after the events that had occurred with the apprentices." He nodded to the alpha, hoping not to upset him with the death of his pups. The last thing he wanted was to upset his alpha.

His mind wandered for a moment about what had happened that day. How dark the area was and how bloodthirsty Teren was to watch the young kill their friends, family. "I told her my time in Erenyx was limited. She spoke of not wanting to leave. She had said it was cowardly to run from things when they got hard. I told her that it was not cowardly when it was something that was not right in any way. Being young, I don't think she listened to well." He chuckled a little, thinking of the little firecracker of a pup when they first met. he forgot her name once in a conversation and she got a little attitude with him. he remembered it fondly. "Tundra also helped me make Piper understand that things were going to get better and that she was not alone in the world when it came to such disturbing things." He paused for a moment, remembering Piper's speech about how it would not matter if she died. how she was alone and neither of the two wolves understood how she felt. It was a heart-wrenching encounter for all of them, and he would never forget that. "I met with Tundra once after that. After she had become Guardian. As of right now, I cannot tell you of what she has told me. I have been sworn to secrecy. For one, she threatened to kill me herself if I had told another should, and her life depends on the actions she has taken and what she has told me." He nodded, thinking back to the pasture with himself and Tundra. He loved the white female like a sister. he was the only one he could fully depend on within Erenyx both as a member of the pack and as a Pyrvanthros member. "That's when i knew I truly didn't belong in Erenyx and had to leave before I did something stupid, to put it shortly. I worry about Tundra, sir. I do not have feeling for her. I can ensure you that. I love her like a sister, but the way things are in Erenyx now, could get anyone killed."He wanted to ensure both her and Samael's safety. He knew that if Teren were to fall soon, that it would be Samael and Tundra who would there have a the right to the throne. As the true heir to the alpha role and the alpha's mate. He would defend them with his life, and nothing less than that. They were important to him, and they could be the key to leading teren to his death. It was only a matter of time before the Exile Samael rose form the dead and took up his rightful place as the alpha. Just as his father would have wanted.

He loked to the alpha after he had finished his life story that he knew Magnus would reveal sooner or later. He was ashamed of his past, but proud of his 360 turn around. Looking ahead, it was clear they were growing closer to the area. He had noticed that the trees became more sparse in the area and there was more open land. A few small rabbits were bounding across the land towards a den that must have been somewhere around a large oak tree, as they soon disappeared from sight. He looked to Magnus once more, debating wether or not he should ask that male about his past. He would completely understand if he did not wish to share such a thing, but Malachai did wish to know who exactly was leading him in a new life. "What about yourself? Before Erenyx? Why you decided to leave?" He then questioned, wondering if the brute would be willing to be honest with his only high ranking wolf. He looked to the male, his mixture of colors were strong with the colors of the fall leaves. It fascinated him about his colors. With Malachai's own white coat, others colors had caught his eyes in the light of day. As they then moved along, he wondered about what was to come after their meeting and hunting party of two.

[1,425 words...]
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2015, 01:28

(Ooc - holy crap, so many words. Must attempt to reciprocate...)

Magnus kept silent as he walked alongside his comrade. He saw the deep breath the other took to calm himself before speaking and he knew from that that this was taking an effort to discuss. It made him proud of the Delta. He listened to the male's tale of puphood, where he was bullied and belittled, only to push himself to be better and making something of himself. He was astonished that Malachai had been made a Lead Warrior at just two years old, in some ways becoming the right paw to his Alpha. He must have shown real skill to gain such a rank so young. He heard how the brute had had to execute his own brother. It made him swallow, Magnus had known that role only too well. But they carried on, the Alpha listening to his subordinate. He gritted his teeth at the mention of Malachai raping the female before killing her. Magnus had never raped - not the way he saw it. He had taken slave females into his den for the night, shared their warmth, but that was their job. To please the males of the pack. Of course he had later learned these faes were gifted to his Alpha in a brokerage of peace so that they would remain allies with Tortall and not turn against them. He heard of how Malachai's birth pack descended into mayhem and broke apart. He spoke of his daughter, and the female Tundra, how they had made him see what he had known was not always the way of the world. He was proud of his little daughter for changing him, for making his Delta realise he could be better. Magnus' throat caught itself when Malachai mentioned how Piper had spoken of him, how she did not know what to think of him. It made him sad that she did not feel she could talk to him, ask him questions. It made him sadder when not even Malachai, whom might be considered one of her few friends, could not convince her to leave with them. How truly lost was she to them? He still loved her and always would, but where would this path lead her?

It was the withholding of information that dragged the Alpha from the depths of his miserable mind. He wanted to know what it was that Tundra had told him, what she could know about Teren's plans. It could mean their lives, the life of his daughter. He wanted to demand it, but wouldn't that make him the sort of Alpha he didn't want to be? "Can you swear to me as your Alpha that this information will not bring harm to my pack, or my daughter? Do not be tempted to lie to me, it will not end well for you if it does." He threatened. If the information was inconsequential and nonthreatening he would leave it be, but if the male held information that could threaten them he would demand it. It was not right to withhold important news from one's Alpha when it affected the entire pack. He liked the snowy male and did not want to have to kill him for treason. It would be a sad waste of life. They continued in silence, thoughtful.

There came a time, of course, when the other male became curious as his train of thought had obviously lead him to wonder what Magnus had been before. It was as they approached the valley, the trees giving way to wide spaces, pasture and wildlife. Some rabbits hopped along, but that wasn't their intent here. The Alpha rolled out his shoulders, hearing a familiar crack as the bubble of tension popped. He twisted his head from side to side then, thinking. "I came from a pack just like Erenyx. We had no name, but a brutal Alpha and strict hierarchy. My mother and father were the Guardians, though my father died before I was born. My litter was... displeasing to the Alpha, even after our first few months of basic training we were considered a disgrace. We were to be killed when the Alpha somehow saw something in me." The Alpha kept his head up, staring straight ahead across the mountains and their greenery. "I was ordered to kill my siblings on the spot and I obeyed. My mother trained me hard, intending me as a her successor as Guardian. I struggled but I learned, I killed, I survived. There came a winter where my mother brought a female to my den, proclaiming her my bride and insisting we be mated that night. I refused. I fought her and I earned my reward for it." He turned his head to the side so Malachai could see the three faint scars on the left side of his muzzle. "I left, of course, spending some months hiding out in a land called Tortall. I met there a wolf far better than I. He ended the tyranny in his land where I only fled from it." He drew a deep breath, ashamed of how he had left Claudia, how he had abandoned his pack to that monster. "You may know the wolf, he made it to these parts. Kingslayer he is, or Drogo as most call him. After Tortall I fled, fearing suspicion to be thrown on me after the death of their monarch."

He stopped, spotting a herd a little ways down the valley. "Come," he said sharply, dropping into a crouch as he crept down the decline. He kept his voice low, wishing to finish his story so they could be focused on their hunt. "I started in Erenyx under the previous Alpha, Steele. He didn't seem all that awful at first, harsh but not altogether unfair. I took my chance at the border and started as a Hunter. It was my favourite task and I was quite good at it. It was the borders where I met Chiara and many others crossed my path while there..." He trailed, thinking of his lost friend. Tye, no wolf could ever match the brotherhood they shared and it hurt to think of his lost friend. He breathed deeply, steadying himself. He was a leader, he had to be strong. "It took a long time but she finally warmed up to me. She changed me, really. I'm much nicer than I used to be." He flashed a wicked grin, the gleam in his eye suggesting there was plenty of demon still beneath the surface. "When I asked Steele for his permission he demanded Chiara first mate with him. She doesn't know but he threatened my life if she didn't accept. I would have died rather than let that happen to her. Our salvation came in Teren and I foolishly supported him. He allowed us to mate and we were happy until those fights came." He stopped and looked at the other, wanting to explain himself. "I want you to know that I was wrong. Teren is a monster and I should never have supported him. When I stopped Chiara from killing him, it was not to save him but her - and Piper. You must understand, we had just lost three children, I could not lose my only remaining family. I wanted to rip his throat out and end him in the most painful way I know but that would cost me my life and theirs. I couldn't deal with the guilt. And now, it seems, I have lost my only remaining daughter in my grief." He grew quiet, composing himself before saying, "We've been planning to leave ever since." He continued to creep towards the herd, keeping a look out for weaklings and the sickly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Greeting the Alpha [Magnus] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greeting the Alpha [Magnus]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1