Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trying to Recover (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Warrior Piper
Administrator
Administrator
Warrior Piper

Trying to Recover (open) Empty
PostSubject: Trying to Recover (open) Trying to Recover (open) Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2015, 19:45

The war had past. Piper remembered the day when everyone returned, bloody and beaten, but their spirits high with the thrill of winning. True she hated innocent death, but she was still glad Erenyx won and not too many of their wolves had died. Her mentor Ariste had returned, but as of late she had been keeping aloof. With her busy Piper had taken it upon herself to train more,mainly in hunting. Her father had taught her a lot of the skill and she loved the thrill of killing deer and bringing down a large piece of prey. On this day she had just caught a fox, young, but still large enough to be a challenge. Not looking forward to eating it she was more interested in getting it's pelt for her den, the orange of it's fur intriguing her.

Dragging her kill into the clearing she dropped it and licked blood from her nose. Hopefully someone would approach her and tell her of the skinning process, for it looked difficult to remove ones skin. Looking down she admired her kill, the fur barely bloody from the small bite mark to the neck. Not holding back her pride the now warrior beamed and fluffed the fox's tail, awaiing patiently for help for this task.
Back to top Go down
Captive Yuki
Captive Yuki

Wolf Information
Purchases: second and third characters

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Recover (open) Trying to Recover (open) Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2015, 10:46

Yuki padded nonchalantly into the pack clearing, her steel grey gaze listless and weary. She hadn't been sleeping all that well as of late; insomnia clawed like a crow's talons at her exhausted eyes whenever the placid blanket of night fell upon the frigid land, and she couldn't force herself to rest for more than an hour or two at most. It vexed her to no end, and she couldn't quite comprehend why she was being plagued by such an ordeal. Granted it had happened sometimes as a pup, but she thought she'd long grown out of it. Screw it. Maybe I'll just wait for my body to pass out. She huffed quietly to herself, kicking up a paw full of snow as she trudged on. Yet, in spite of her patently tiresome disposition, she felt restless, as if sleep was the very last thing she needed, no matter how much she may have desired it. She couldn't prevent herself from thinking aimlessly back to the war, how Lark had struggled and convulsed as she bled out in front of them, all the lifeless cadavers she'd glimpsed, and the fact that Teren was holding a captive in their midst who did not deserve the evil he intended to force upon her. She glanced warily at the alpha's den for a brief moment, her stomach churning with a bitter guilt and resentment. She knew she shouldn't care, that it wasn't her problem and acting would no doubt hinder her own goals, but she was quietly distraught by the thought of not trying to help her. She couldn't help but think that it could have been her sister in that dire position, and she growled softly to herself, her eyes narrowing into a painfully harsh glower as she turned her snout back towards the snow covered ground. The sooner that bastard croaks the better. For everyone.

Her attention was suddenly drawn towards a diminutive trail of red disrupting the whiteness in minuscule splotches, and she stared in silent curiosity at the tiny splatters before moving her snout down to catch the scent. Canid blood, but not a wolf's. She deduced after a moment before lifting her head once more, a languid smirk tugging at the edge of her maw as she padded slowly onward. Someone had quite an interesting hunt. She came upon the killer within a few moments, and she halted a few feet behind her, the long, fresh scars across her chest and shoulder aching slightly from her lack of rest. In front of her stood a grey pelted she-wolf, seemingly younger than her, but not by too many years. On the ground beneath her paws lay the still carcass of what looked to be a fox, its pelt about as red as her own, if not more so. Its neck was obviously broken, and the fae stood uncertainly over her kill, as if she was waiting for someone to tell her what to do with it. "That's certainly a wholesome meal." She remarked sarcastically as she smirked down at the limp carcass, her natural inclination to tease easily surfacing. "What possessed you to kill something too scrawny to eat?"
Back to top Go down
Warrior Piper
Administrator
Administrator
Warrior Piper

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Recover (open) Trying to Recover (open) Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2015, 16:41

Piper was sooner joined when the scent of an older fae entered her nose. Wrinkling at the scent of dried blood of her coat piper turned to see the scout Yuki walking over to her. She still looked bad from the war, yet still had enough sass to mock her hunt. "Too scrawny to eat? That's big talk coming from someone as scrawny as this fox." She mocked back, meeting her sarcastic remarks with her own. "For your information I caught this to use it's hide in my den. I love the color of its coat, much prettier then deer and rabbit." She said, fluffing at its tail with her paw proudly. "Tell you what since I feel generous today you can have the meat if you show me how to get the fur off in one piece, fair trade yes?" She said, her voice still clicking with attitude. Growth over the fall and a adult rank made Piper's body and ego grow.

As she waited for her supply she saw Yuki's gaze flit to Teren's den. "He's had a lot of company lately from females. Even my mentor Ariste has gone in there. I wonder why?" She asked out loud, though not really to Yuki directly. Piper never had the chance to ask Chiara these questions before she left. Now with winter setting in and the faes acting so bizarre she was curious more than ever. Turning back her amber gaze to Yuki she smirked. "You gonna go in their too? Maybe he has food in there or herbs for extra strength." She guessed, not knowing the real reasons for the faes callings.
Back to top Go down
Captive Yuki
Captive Yuki

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Recover (open) Trying to Recover (open) Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2015, 21:19

The russet furred fae chortled at her benign attempt to insult her, her maw pulled back in a patently amused smirk and her steel gray gaze sharp and observant. "Oh yes, what a noble purpose for killing! To hang a scrap of fur up for aesthetic; that's totally not a complete waste of time and energy in the dead of winter." She snickered through her sarcastic response, her nonchalant voice lacking the malicious reproach it often denoted. Perhaps it was merely because the arrogant she-wolf was so young; she knew she was little to no threat to her. She had much to experience before she resolved herself to know the true nature of the malevolent world, and she assumed it was fairly stupid to lash out at a juvenile. She was oblivious to ultimate suffering, but she would not be forever. Her smug words and attitude could never even come close to breaching the high wall of mocking defense she had so meticulously built around herself.

Her eyes widened abruptly at her inquire, and she was still for a moment before she erupted into unbridled cackling, her still healing wounds aching and stinging with the force of her raucous laughter. "Me, go in there?" She guffawed as she slumped over in the soft, powdery snow, as if to exaggerate the hilarity of the notion. "I think I'd rather fling myself off of Satan's Edge!" She huffed as her scathing laughter quieted into occasional chuckling, a noticeably bemused carelessness infecting her jocular tone. "And I have no doubt any male would do the same at the prospect of courting someone as ugly as myself. I'll admit kid, you did make a fairly intelligent observation; that fox and I do look a great deal alike."

She was somewhat confounded when the she-wolf asked what those who had entered planned to do, though the surprise on her expression easily melted into brash, emboldened smirk, her usually cruel silver gaze unexpectedly soft as she regarded her. "Wow. You really are little more than a pup." She commented bluntly before rising to her paws and stalking towards her kill, her demeanor far more relaxed than it had previously been. "I think I'll take up your offer, if only for the free meal." She stated simply, her tone resolute as she shifted her sharp gray gaze down towards the perished fox. She may have thought her reasoning frivolous, but at least if she indulged her the animal would not have died for nothing.

"The best place to start is around the hind paws. There's a very thin boundary between the skin and the muscle, and it sticks harder around the paws, tail, ears, and snout, so you'll want to work slowly there. It pulls off pretty easily everywhere else though." She explained before lowering her jaws towards the animal's hind legs and carefully biting the loose flesh around its paw, slowly severing the hide from the muscle as she gradually peeled the skin back. She released her grip before she took the incision too far, her attention moving back towards her pack mate. "You want to move from the back to the front, taking off the skin around the muzzle last. It's easiest if you keep the hide taut, and after it's off you might want to hang it inside out somewhere to dry." She didn't really mind this; she wasn't the best skinner, but she had been a hunter at first, and this was fairly standard knowledge of someone of her former rank. She just didn't think there was much use in utilizing the skill.
Back to top Go down
Warrior Piper
Administrator
Administrator
Warrior Piper

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Recover (open) Trying to Recover (open) Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2015, 19:01

Piper rolled her eyes at the older fae's comment. "Look are you gonna help me or not? If not quit wasting my time and I'll find someone else." She retorted, glaring at the scout. The wind picked up behind her, giving her a chill, but she ignored it. Right now it seemed she was in a stand off with this hot headed fae, oh joy. She spoke again making Piper confused. "Why wouldn't you go in there? Worry Teren would eat you or something?" She joked, still curious. Yuki then mentioned courting and it intrigued her. "Hey what happens when a male courts you, do you guys spar or something?" She asked, truly innocent to these things.

Yuki then spoke again agreeing to her deal and instructing her how to skin the fox. Nodding Piper began at the hind paws, carefully biting and pulling the skin back. Watching her Piper went carefully and slowly, no need to rush as she didn't want to tear the skin. Within time the pair stripped the carcass. Pulling it back it was now inside out and quite freaky looking. Looking around Piper saw a large rock and motioned towards it. "Think I could spread it there?"
Back to top Go down
Captive Yuki
Captive Yuki

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Recover (open) Trying to Recover (open) Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2015, 16:20

The russet furred fae glanced incredulously at her company as she registered her inquire, a jocular smile twitching at the edge of her maw. "What happens when wolves court?" She snickered lowly, her liltingly sweet tone dripping with patent sarcasm. "Well, when two wolves decide they're in love, they start wishing for pups. A magic bird, heeding their greatest desire, then descends from the sky and subsequently offers them a bundle of off spring." She cackled softly to herself for a moment until she realized the younger fae might take what she said seriously, and her chuckling immediately subsided. Hasoka had told them the same exact story when they were young, and in their naivety they believed it, for as long as they could, anyways.

"I'm just screwing with you. Pups usually are the end result of the... Process, I guess, but I'm not going to tell you how that works." She stated pointedly, her formerly bemused tone suddenly austere and resolute. She narrowed her steel gray gaze in momentary bewilderment, her head tilting slightly to the right as she regarded the juvenile in her endeavor. "How come you don't know that stuff already? Shouldn't your mother have told you?" She inquired dubiously, her demeanor casual as she lackadaisically crunched her side in to reach an inch behind her ear with her hind leg.

She straightened up once more when the younger female motioned towards a stray rock with her snout, the bright red pelt hanging limply from her jaws. "Yeah, that should work." She stated simply, her assertion followed shortly by a long yawn. The lack of sleep really was beginning to irk her, but she was restless all the same, her paws stinging with a weary energy and her eyes utterly refusing to remain shut. Her usually analytical gaze drifted swiftly back towards the skinned carcass, it's pink, skinless body inducing a low rumble from her hollow stomach. The meal really wasn't much- it was fairly inefficient to hunt other predators, whose bodies were as slim and streamline as their own. Still, she could not deny her hunger, and she sank her teeth into the cadaver's exposed flesh before tearing off a solid chunk, the meat warm and welcome to her tongue. "Do you want some?" She asked nonchalantly after she swallowed, her disposition placid and relaxed. She was the one who'd killed it, after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Recover (open) Trying to Recover (open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying to Recover (open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1