Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Delta Tatsu
Delta Tatsu

Wolf Information
Purchases: Extra Threads

Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Empty
PostSubject: Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2016, 14:10

Tatsu had risen early as she always did. The sun's warm orange glow just barely tickling the horizon, she'd set out on her daily border patrol. Enjoying the cooler air, that would soon melt into a dry heat. It would of been just like any other patrol, if she hadn't lost her footing. It had happened so fast the Delta had been caught off guard. Climbing a rocky embankment, she momentarily lost her footing. It caused her body to veer sideways and her shoulder to swipe against a sharp bit of rock. Even with her thick pelt, the impact was hard enough to slice her shoulder right open, cutting through flesh into the muscle. Blood oozed from the wound soaking the fur around it. Wincing from the pain, Tatsu had let out a low grumble of annoyance. How could she'd of been so clumsy!?

Ignoring the smarting pain that now emanated from her shoulder, Tatsu forced herself the rest of the way up the embankment. The wound was sore, but it didn't prevent the bull-headed Delta from continuing her patrol. However as the Delta finished up another fruitless patrol, she knew the wound would need to be seen to. Sure it wasn't that bad, but it had gone deep and she would feel even stupider if it got infected. So with a resigned huff, she set her paws in the direction of the healers den. It didn't take her long to arrive in the Pyrvanthros camp clearing. Her maw now parted with the heat of the rising sun. Casting her pale oculars around, she sought out the den of the healers. Approaching she slowed her pace, peering into the darkness, her nose wrinkling at the sharp smell of herbs. " Hello? Samoset? Eirwen? Is anyone around?" She calls her voice soft. Not wishing to broadcast her predicament to the rest of the pack.
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2016, 20:43

The healer would have been lying if he'd claimed to be an early riser; while he was on his own, he scarcely ever awoke in time to catch the sunrise, especially not in summer when the weather was amiable enough to lie outside the comfort of a den. But, of course, living in a pack required him to court certain responsibilities, and sleeping half the day away would have made him a relatively useless addition. So, he groggily meandered out of the den upon willing himself from the tantalizing pull of rest, the sky painted a dark shade of blue and the peaceable summer sun not yet visible. He trudged his way towards the halcyon pond to lap up a drink, though the cool water did little to cure him of his weariness. From there he set about restocking the most depleted sections of his store, primarily poppy, sweet flag, marigold, and water mint.

He yawned as he carefully plucked away the necessary herbs, abandoning the new growth to replenish what had been taken. He folded his gathered poppy seeds up in a large dandelion leaf to carry, well aware of the risk associated with accidentally ingesting them. A few wouldn't do much more than force him to submit to his already aggressive urge to sleep, but more than that, and he would be at risk of perishing. He noticed with a quiet grunt that many of the nearby marigolds had been stripped clean of mature leaves, and he assumed either the rabbits or the deer were likely to blame. Well, isn't really much I can do about it now. Everything's got to eat. They've probably ravaged the entire meadow as of late. He haphazardly wondered if marking off the plants with blood from the kill pile would deter their consumption, though he doubted the method's efficiency. Some of those guys will hop straight into camp, I swear.

The bitter taste of the herbs packed into his jaws instantly pulled him to his senses, and he shook his head slightly at the abruptly pungent sensation, his demeanor alert. Satisfied he wouldn't suddenly pass out in a briar somewhere on the way back, he padded on leisurely towards camp, quietly enjoying the warmth of the steadily rising sun. He much preferred the warmer months when everything was undeniably alive and his occupation as a healer didn't include scrounging through dead plants for frozen roots. The sky was a brilliant pattern of intermeshed pinks, purples, and golds when he arrived at the healer's den, the sharp, metallic aroma of blood completely over powering the scent of his haul. His face fell in concern as he recognized the delta at the entryway, his soft brown focus immediately falling on the deep gash arching over her shoulder. "Tatsu." His voice was heavily muffled and near indecipherable, and he set down his collection before padding up beside her, his usually amiable expression focused and pensive as he gingerly sniffed at the wound. "What happened?" It didn't smell infected, though there was no clotting either, so he assumed she had just recently acquired the injury. He gazed at her for a moment in earnest worry for a moment, his normal charisma forgotten, before stooping to recollect his haul and turn towards the den. "Here, come inside. I'm pretty short on marigold, but goldenrod will work just as well."
Back to top Go down
Delta Tatsu
Delta Tatsu

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2016, 10:04

Tatsu turned as a familiar voice filled the air behind her. Her pale oculars falling upon the tawny hued pelt of Healer Samoset. Feeling a little embarrassed she flickered her ears back some. Her eyes following his every move as he came closer, inspecting her wound. Realizing it must look like a bloody mess, Tatsu shifted her large paws. Glad when the healer invited her to join him in the den, away from the prying eyes of others. Following him inside, Tatsu only spoke once she was within the den's dim entry way. " It was nothing." She says her tone rather flat. Her pale eyes fixed on her surroundings rather than the healer. Why'd it have to be him? She thought. Surely the quiet fae, Eirwen was her name would of suited her needs more. Realizing she was was coming off as rude, Tatsu blinked. What's the matter with you? She snapped at herself. He's your friend.... " I mean... I took a fall, slashed it open on a sharp bit of rock." She admits, following the healer the rest of the way into the den. She had never been inside, the smell of herbs was so strong she was glad she hadn't. " How do you breathe down here?" She inquires, nose wrinkled some. Her pale gaze swiveling back to his tawny colored form. Dark in this lighting, the highlights on his face stuck out. Feeling rather uncomfortable all of the sudden, Tatsu backed herself against the den wall before sliding to her haunches. Damn scratch is getting to my senses, she thought eyeing her wound. The fur all around it was matted with blood, the cut itself still oozing. Perhaps I would of been better off coming right away... She thought, however it was too late. Now she had to rely upon Samoset to heal her foolish mistake.
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2016, 16:26

The male padded swiftly into the back of the den, his snout nosing about the organized piles of his store and his ears pricked to listen to his companion. He set down the water mint and kept his fresh poppy off towards the side before grabbing a bundle of goldenrod in his jaws, turning back towards the Delta with a semi triumphant smile. His amiable expression faltered somewhat as he noticed her wry disposition, and he tilted his head slightly in concerned bewilderment. She's upset. He wondered for a few worried moments if it was something he had done, if he had caused some kind of discomfort between them, though his qualms were deterred by her following statement. A soft grin pulled at the edge of his maw as he set his necessary supplies down beside her, his demeanor casual and easy. She was just embarrassed she had sustained the injury altogether.

"Well that's alright. Happens to everyone. I'm just glad you weren't hurt worse. You're not having any trouble moving that leg though, right?" He inquired amicably before trotting carefully back to his store, his light brown eyes searching haphazardly for the spindle of cobwebs he'd spooled around a stick. The last thing he wanted was for her to think he'd judge her, or feel uneasy around him. He was a social brute, after all, and a quiet laugh echoed from his maw as he went about rooting through his supplies. "One time, when I was a callow little fella, I picked Hemlock thinking it was Yarrow." He chuckled to himself as he located the partially shredded bark of the stick, and he nearly hit his head on the den wall as he dragged it from its hiding spot. "My mentor beat my brains out when I tried to use it to treat someone. Don't worry though; I'm just a bit more learned now." He flashed a jocular smile in her direction, though an inexplicable twinge of insecurity flickered through his chest as he glimpsed the comely pale yellow of her irises. Crap, now I've made her wary of my abilities.

He laughed off his self directed discontent at her comment regarding the herb laden atmosphere, his attention divided between her and the endeavor of gingerly pulling the cobwebs apart with his claws and teeth. "Practice, lot's of practice." He commented cordially as he gently went about pressing the matted white thread into the wound with a nimble paw, completely relaxed in the routine of his profession. "I've lived much of my life in a medicine den. I think my nose has suffered a bit because of it, actually. Did your old pack have healers?" He asked leisurely before he took the goldenrod in his jaws, chewing the bitter, unpalatable plant into a fine paste. He assumed his sense of taste must have degraded quite a bit by now as well.
Back to top Go down
Delta Tatsu
Delta Tatsu

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2016, 16:14

Delta Tatsu had watched, as Samoset rummaged around through his collection of herbs. Her pale oculars taking in what she could see of his actions. Wondering how he discerned each herb from the next. Sure she had been taught to identify a few important herbs by her parents, however all together they seemed very similar to her. Turning, the healer faced her a triumphant smile on his handsome maw. Realizing she was staring, Tatsu looked away. Instead inspecting what little she could see of her paws in the den's dim light. That was until Samoset spoke, causing her eyes to drift upwards. His words automatically causing her to feel guilty. Here she was so wrapped up in her own embarrassment, she snapped at the wolf who was helping her. You were raised better than that, she thought annoyed with herself. Setting her ears back in a apologetic manner, she shakes her skull. " No, not so far. I finished my patrol before coming to see you. It's sore but tolerable. Hasn't effected my range of motion." She murmurs, her tone soft. Her pale yellow gaze flickering over the healer as he turned back to his supplies. His body blocking her view of what he was doing. Tilting her head to try an get a better look, Tatsu listens as he speaks. His words meant to be amusing, meant little to her. Simply cause she couldn't recall what hemlock was used for. Forcing a small chuff, she pulls her lips back into a small smile. " We all have to learn somehow..." She remarks, noticing he looked a bit nervous after his comment. Probably cause you bit his head off earlier for no reason, she told herself.

At her comment, the healer laughed. A gentle noise which bounced off the den walls filling the air. His reply making her lips twitch once more. Of course he had to be so used to the smell by now, she thought. Her muscles stiffening momentarily when the tawny brute turned, to press cobwebs into her cut. It stung a little, however it wasn't the pain which caused her to stiffen. It was how close Samoset had to be, to press them into her wound. His gentle touch sending a nervous jitter through her. Calm down, she tells herself. Taking a soft breath she relaxes further, barely catching his last question. " Oh um yes of course. Several healers in fact. They were good wolves, each of them. Held much respect within the pack." She continues, forgetting her discomfort. " Not unlike yourself..." She adds, her pale oculars peering sideways at him. " They would of liked you..." She says her voice trailing off. Talking about her pack made her heart ache. More than she would ever admit, she missed her home. Pyrvanthros was a wonderful place, one she had come to love. However, Tatsu still held on to her past home. Too much had been left behind for her to forget them completely. To move on completely... 
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2016, 09:54

The healer smiled and exhaled a minute sigh of relief at her assertion that her mobility had not been impaired, and he licked the medicinal paste into the pad of his paw so he could speak without hindrance. "Good; it's just a flesh wound then. You might want to take the rest of the day off, but you shouldn't have a problem going about your normal duties." He commented cordially before he carefully began to apply the goldenrod paste to the tear in her shoulder, his voice easy and calm. "You'll just have to take things a bit easier for a little while until it heals up completely, so you don't reopen it." Though he abhorred the notion of anyone close to him being harmed, he had forgotten how much he loved doing this, aiding those who were sick and injured. The only wolf he'd tended to since Raven's demise for a long while had been himself, and that had never felt immensely rewarding, not in the slightest. There were actually times when he had been alone, and had stumbled through a tough thicket or accidentally fallen or come down with an ailment, when he had the briefest of recollections that perhaps he didn't even deserve to be helped. Maybe he should have left the herbs alone for someone else's use, maybe he shouldn't have cared for his own health. This thought was most intense the instance after the fire, after his mentor passed away, when he questioned whether he should really treat his burn. The agonizing terror of death always swiftly trounced out any self deprecating thoughts he had, however, and the true value of his life was ignored under the threat of nonexistence. He didn't know which thought was right, and he didn't believe he ever would. But working to help someone he cared for, and he cared for Tatsu deeply, made him feel a bit better.

He finished tending to her injury as she answered his inquiry, and he was actually quietly stricken by her assertion. So much so, in fact, that for a moment he settled into a quiet stillness, his amiable expression falling into a soft kind of surprise. "You think I'm a good wolf?" He hadn't really meant to say the confounded question allowed, but nevertheless, it slipped free. He remembered, as a pup, that's all he'd ever strived to be. Unlike Argo, his sense of ambition ended at how he was perceived by those he had held dear. How far had he fallen now; every single one of them was gone, Mae and Raven dead, because he was too cowardly to fight his own battles, to afraid to face his own inadequacies instead of framing his blame on someone else. His birth was forbidden from the start; could a wolf like that ever really be worth anything? Was he fated to be what he was from the first breath he ever took?

He noticed the pain hiding in the lines of Tatsu's expression, and he realized then that bringing up her pack may have dredged up some unhappy memories. He forced away his cloying inhibitions with a simple smile and a diminutive laugh, ever eager to lighten the mood and forget, as quickly as possible, any unpleasantness either of them had experienced. "I mean, you know, I'm a pretty average brute. Now you, you're the one who commands respect. Excellent fighter, developed leadership skills, strong. Magnus and Chiara were certainly wise picking you for one of their deltas." He flashed a friendly grin in her direction before dragging the cobweb spool back to his store, his tone entirely earnest, because he believed what he had said.
Back to top Go down
Delta Tatsu
Delta Tatsu

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2016, 10:46

Tatsu was just as relieved her ability to walk hadn't been altered by her foolish fall. It was already embarrassing enough for the Delta. What were the odds that she would misplace her paws? Whatever they were, the odds hadn't been in her favor that morning. Shoving this aside, Tatsu nods her broad skull as Samoset spoke. Feeling grateful her injury was minor and she could still continue her duties. It would of been hard to explain to Magnus and Chiara that she couldn't do her duties because she'd fallen. Shoving the thought away, Tatsu found herself staring at Samoset once more. Watching as his nimble paws pressed herbs into her wound. At this point it no longer stung, it was just numb. Something she appreciated as the stinging sensation had become rather irksome on her patrol. " Good." She murmurs after a far too long pause. Her attention stolen away by the healer's subtle brown gaze. Blinking, she looks away as if inspecting the den ceiling. " I'll be sure to be careful." She adds, knowing the healer was right. She'd have to 'take it easy.' Words that often didn't mix well with the ambitious Delta.

Her attention was caught by Samoset when he fell into an awkward silence after her compliment. Had she gone too far? Were they not close enough to share such a comment? Then however after a heart racing moment he spoke. His gentle words surprising Tatsu as much as her statement had surprised him. Her pale oculars snapping back to him searching his face in puzzlement. " Why of course." She says softly. " Why wouldn't I? I've never seen anything more than a willingness to serve those in need. To help the less fortunate. Heal nitwits like myself who go and get themselves into trouble..." She finishes her tone joking. The pain over her past quickly vanishing from her eyes. Distracted by the Healer's statement. Why had he questioned her? She wondered. She didn't have much time to ponder his behavior though. For the healer started speaking, his words flattering to say the least. Tatsu flushed, her pale oculars examining her paws. His compliment making her belly wriggle uncomfortably. A feeling she hadn't experienced in a long time. Pull yourself together, she scolds mentally. Drawing a breath she raised her head to flash a humble smile in his direction. " Oh I'm nothing special..." She says her voice barely a whisper. " Just trying to find my place here like everyone else. Luck was on my side when Magnus and Chiara chose me as a Delta. Plenty of others could of filled the role. " She says, gaze dropping again to examine her paws. " Anyone can learn to fight, it takes a special someone to have the will to memorize all those herbs. To devote themselves to the care of others. I wouldn't have the patience..." She admits, flashing a small smile. " Bunch of whiny wolves complaining of toothaches and coughs? I'd likely nip their ears off before the end of the day." She jests, her oculars flashing playfully.
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2016, 14:55

It didn't happen often to the charismatic brute, but an inexplicable awkwardness had sprouted in the pit of his stomach, and he shut his maw in a moment of uncertain silence, his cordial demeanor concealing his inhibitions. Why had he said that aloud about himself? She didn't deserve to be burdened with his issues. What on Earth was he doing? A kind of half smile fell over his maw at her statements, an amalgam of warmth at her sincerity and something like shame regarding the true validity of her assertions warring in his chest. It was an odd feeling and one he wasn't content to confront. "I'm not as noble as that." He responded with a short laugh, his grin somewhat sad as he glanced haphazardly towards the den wall. "The old crone who raised me was a healer. My passion for the job may as well have been fated." His tone was jovial, though an aching kind of fondness belied his smile. Raven wasn't his father, but... Sometimes it really felt that way. Sometimes it was easy to deceive himself into believing that. He and Mae had taken him in, loved him, in their own ways. His mentor had done that at great cost to himself; why wouldn't he want to emulate someone who had given so much for him?

His smile actually broadened somewhat at her flustered disposition, though his expression was consequently far more open, more earnest. He'd dwelled on the comeliness of her sun like yellow gaze before, and yet he was indulging in the subtle elation brimming there. Any discomfort held between the two was swiftly dissipating, and a charming kind of smile fell over his maw as he sat back casually, his tail resting curled over his paws. "I don't know that anyone can learn to fight; I can defend myself just as well as a tree can. I'm surprised Malachai didn't put me in the ground. I don't think all the patience in the world could transform a coward into a warrior. That... Actually having the capacity to defend others before yourself..." He expelled a long sigh as his gaze traveled down towards his paws, and he immediately cut his thoughts off there, repressing the memories that floated to the front of his mind in reluctant silence.

After a moment he stood and stretched out his limbs, a short yawn overtaking his jaws before he straightened back up and padded towards the egress, his demeanor friendly and easy as he looked towards his superior. "Well, I. Am. Starved. Did you get any breakfast before heading out? I don't know if I feel like rabbit or deer... Hm. Depends on the kill pile I guess." He offered her a broad grin before nudging her gently in her uninjured shoulder, his tone bright. "...Or, maybe, I could treat you to something fresh? For listening to me ramble." He had to clear his throat somewhat afterwards, an odd sort of lightness fluttering in the pit of his stomach. He liked talking to Tatsu, greatly. He liked being around her, no matter the circumstance, and it had been awhile since he'd felt so definitively about someone's specific company.
Back to top Go down
Delta Tatsu
Delta Tatsu

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2016, 20:22

Silence, an utterly awkward silence lapsed between them. Stretching out for what seemed like forever. Time as they knew it slowing, inching at a crawl. That was until with an uncomfortable look in his subtle brown eyes Samoset spoke. His words suggesting to Tatsu he felt unworthy of such a compliment. His laugh dismissing it, trying to shove off his reaction, then looking away. Tatsu's belly writhed unsure how to react, her pale oculars soft as she looked at him. Her broad skull tilting slightly. " I think we have to really want something in order to become it." She murmurs, her tone soft. Leaving it at that, Tatsu struggled to regain her composure. Feeling unusually hot beneath her thick pelt, even for the warm weather. Samoset's gentle smile helped however, giving her something to focus her attention on. Her own lips twitching a little in return, her thick ears swiveling to catch his next statement.

Surprised some, she blinks. She'd never thought of the gentle healer as a coward. Most healers were opposed to fighting, believing in peace, the use of words over physical conflict. However it seemed from the way Samoset put it, something in his past made him believe he was incapable of bravery. Or at least what most thought of as bravery, the willingness to defend others in battle. A coward though? She couldn't quite believe his words. One might consider her a coward, considering she'd abandoned her pups instead of staying and facing her father. Shoving the these confusing mix of thoughts aside, Tatsu lowers her head just enough to look up into Samoset's face. " Don't call yourself that..." She says, her tone authoritative as though she could rid him of the notion.

An another short bit of silence followed. Until Samoset rose to his paws, stretching and yawning. Watching as he trod towards the exit, Tatsu rose to follow suit. Eager to leave the overwhelming smell of herbs behind, she shakes her skull. " Nah I never do. Always use the patrol to work up an appetite." She remarks, her authoritative tone gone replaced with her usual soft voice. Her tongue coming out to lick her lips at the idea of prey. Imagining the savory flavor of a nice rabbit or the succulent meat of a deer. She's jolted back to reality when Samoset softly nudged her uninjured shoulder. A grin unfurls across her face and she quickly nips back at him. Her broad tail coming up to wave through the air. " Well if you insist." She chuffs, her yellow eyes blazing brightly as they exited the den.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyone Falls Now and Then [Samoset]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1