Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

i can't tell if i'm winning or losing [elder baritos]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Beta Irrationality
Beta Irrationality

Wolf Information
Purchases:

i can't tell if i'm winning or losing [elder baritos] Empty
PostSubject: i can't tell if i'm winning or losing [elder baritos] i can't tell if i'm winning or losing [elder baritos] Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2016, 18:46

baritos
notes
but if all we are is just machines

The beta trekked soundlessly through the woods. Every time he came here, it seemed more engrossed with trees than the time before, but he didn’t mind weaving a path through the small spaces few and far between. It proved challenging for his mind, and exerted his body; he was surrounded by monstrosities for wolves (in terms of size, the specification necessary) and needed to keep himself in good health in order to match them evenly. He had kept a steady pace up for the majority of the morning, and even though the muscles in his legs begged for a break, he ignored them. His body was tired, but his mind certainly wasn’t—his lips hadn’t even parted into a pant.

There was no sound to be heard for what felt like miles, but he heard something nonetheless. Pausing mid-stride, a paw draped in the air, he turned his head a fraction to the left to scan the line of brush. He didn’t feel endangered, necessarily, but Erenyx never failed to embrace an aura of forebode. With an eerily blank expression laced into his tired, apathetic eyes, he inclined his head, as if he was willing the sound that had never been to manifest in front of him. He had an idea of who was in the area, for the male’s scent had tinged that of the forest, and he was expecting his company any second now. He would’ve called out to him, and thus made it easier to be found, but he had always been known for his preference of silence. Baritos  seemed... playful, like a killer unaware of its power, and if this was to be a game then the beta would bite—but only briefly, for his duties allotted no time for play in his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: i can't tell if i'm winning or losing [elder baritos] i can't tell if i'm winning or losing [elder baritos] Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2016, 02:50

Baritos
His eyes shine | 'With glimmering sanity' | "Hiding the creature behind."

The dark brute lifted his head to scent the air, a manic smile curling upon his lips. Ohh, he could smell, he could feel it. Something fun was going to happen. A frenzied giggle bubbled in its chest, releasing itself in bursts. Even in his old age, the act of laughter never managed to catch him out of breath even if it dragged on for unhealthy periods of times. It was these eruptions of emotions that caused wolves to think him insane. There would be nothing amusing but he would still be laughing away as if he'd seen someone trip and fall flat on their face. And it was these moments of pure hysteria where he finds his liberation.

As his mirth died away, his wide-blown grin remained, showing a full array of surprisingly clean teeth. Breathing in deeply, his body purred at the recognition of the scent. The young Beta Irrationality. The trail was still strong, meaning that the male was still around. 'My my, are you waiting for me?' Giving himself the false sense of feeling touched, he hummed while twirling himself around. Should he go meet the Beta? Or just leave him? They were both wonderful options and he honestly found it quite hard to decide. Should he have a little fun or waste the Beta's time?

For once, deciding to be accommodating, he came to the conclusion that he would pay Irrationality a visit. 'I wonder what sort of fun you'll give me, darling.' Following the scent trail with a hop and skip in his steps, he hummed a random tune as he passed a surprisingly few amount of trees. Even with his hulking form, the redwood trees were still an image to behold, towering over him. To just pass one of them took many steps and that in itself was impressive as he prided himself on having a pretty long stride. The Beta wasn't far off and he would reach him in no time.

Coming into the clearing, there was no chance that he would miss the pelt of Irrationality and approaching from behind with a swagger, he circled the Beta. His tenor-baritone ringing clearly, he purred, "Did I keep you waiting, young Beta?"
ooc: i went from sad post to this, lol so I'm not sure what exactly is going on here.
Code by the one using this table; no touchie

Back to top Go down
Beta Irrationality
Beta Irrationality

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: i can't tell if i'm winning or losing [elder baritos] i can't tell if i'm winning or losing [elder baritos] Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2016, 17:36

baritos
notes
but if all we are is just machines

He should’ve felt something more than the hollow thud of his heart. Baritos, a true terror for all intents and purposes, was chuckling from somewhere behind the beta like a madman beyond repair, but the sound of the elder’s eruptive laughter didn’t even send a shrill of unease down his spine. He was calm, uncannily so, and acknowledged his counterpart upon arrival with a casual and unenthusiastic flick of his ear. The noticeably larger wolf circled him, as if in the deepest recesses of his wayward mind Irrationality could be mistaken for prey, and even though his eyes found the elder’s briefly when he crossed the beta’s front, he didn’t bother moving his head to continue tracking his movements. It wasn’t trust, necessarily, that enabled him to know the back of his neck wouldn’t become a target; it wasn’t much of anything, frankly, because the beta didn’t have the slightest clue what was going on inside of Baritos’ mind. If the other wolf had pictured him dead at his paws for even a second, it would perhaps surprise him to know it had crossed Irrationality’s mind, too—the unsettling, bloody image didn’t make him queasy like it should’ve. It was one thing among many that he should’ve felt, but didn’t, it would seem.

“No,” Irrationality replied after a moment of contemplative silence, “I wasn’t kept waiting. You arrived when I expected you would.” As always, he was to the point. Unlike his alpha’s sibling, he didn’t play games (if not only because he didn’t know how) and chose to speak matter-of-factly at all times. Even though he had answered the other wolf, he still didn’t move to be properly facing him. He wouldn’t go out of his way to hold the elder’s attention. If he wanted to keep circling him, and impressing his larger, more intimidating stature upon him, then so be it. If it was meant to crawl under his skin, or make him feel exposed to an unpreventable danger, it did nothing of the sort. “However, I wasn’t certain if you’d show up.” The beta wasn’t much of a conversationalist to begin with. Baritos had a way with words—one he would’ve envied if his circumstances were less steadfast—that didn’t leave a lot of room for him to keep up. He certainly could’ve tried, but he had no motivation to do so. There were other wolves in Erenyx that would better appeal to his witty, indirect nature. Frankly, any other wolf in Erenyx would do better than him. It would be a waste of time to try and provoke Irrationality. “Yet you did, and for what reason I’m not certain. Can I help you with something, Baritos?” Something useful. “Did you seek me out for plainly a conversation?” He doubted it, but no trace of the emotion highlighted his words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i can't tell if i'm winning or losing [elder baritos] i can't tell if i'm winning or losing [elder baritos] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i can't tell if i'm winning or losing [elder baritos]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1