Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scent on the Autumn wings

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Scent on the Autumn wings Empty
PostSubject: Scent on the Autumn wings Scent on the Autumn wings Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2015, 15:35

Colors painted the trees, heralding the change that comes predictably each year. Leaves dance and twirl with the wind as they were whirled around and around in a beautiful dance, almost like the ballet of the nutcracker. Ah, how beautiful it was to simply watch the wind and leaves play with each other, as they thrived to entice the heart to join in the fun. Yes, autumn was indeed the most beautiful time of year. It also nipped creatures in the butt, hurrying them along to pack their winter stores so they wouldn't parish during the harsh grip of winter. For predators though, some had no such luck as to store their food away. They had to expend huge amounts of energy to acquire the flesh and blood of prey that kept them from starving themselves.

For one mature fae, winter was always a nagging worry in the back of her mind. So long had she been on her own, in freedom from that horrendous pack that had demanded much of her. Winter was a time when she would have gladly gone back and beg their forgiveness, if only to stay for the winter but no. She would rather starve than go back to that bloodthirsty pack. She wander through the beautiful forest, deep in thought. They strayed to what this winter would bring. Would she have to suffer again this year? To have her stomach shrunk so far up it all but pressed to her back bone? She sincerely hoped not. Then her thoughts turned to a pack. It would be better if she were in one. Food would be more plentiful and she would be in company again. Maybe have someone to talk to instead of birds or herself. She sighed. It was the only logical thing to do. Clipping her teeth together in irritation she gave in and accepted that she would indeed join a pack. She walked on a few hours, contemplating her thoughts.

She had been alone for three years and had liked the freedom it has presented. She also feared that she had liked it too much to conform to a new rule. Not hers, but someone with a higher authority than her. She would give it a shot. If pack life wasn't to her liking, then she would leave. While she let her mind wander a pace, her nose twitched at the scent of wolves. Quickening her stride, she came upon a boarder to a pack land. Here she would try and make it work. She just hoped that it was the right decision. Kike sat her butt on the leaf strewn ground and lifted her head to send her sweet voice out in a summons. Then lowered her head to keep a watchful eye to the surrounding wood so as not to be sneaked upon. Please let this be right! she thought as she waited attentively.
Back to top Go down
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information
Purchases: 4 Character Slots; Graphics Shop

PostSubject: Re: Scent on the Autumn wings Scent on the Autumn wings Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2015, 21:18

One after the other after the other. These travellers all seemed to be coming at once. It was one of the biggest influxes they'd had in her time there. Every day there was another wolf at the borders asking her to grant them entrance. She was kind to most of them, as they were exemplary in displaying the qualities Helidos treasured. Kindness. Honesty. Power. Respect. Some might say a need for redemption was a prerequisite to join, but it wasn't. It was just a common trait among pack members. Many had dark pasts, events they felt they needed redemption from. Death, treason, war. These were common in the histories of those she knew. It was sad to see so many experience so much hardship. She only wanted the best for them. She loved her Helidos family, just as much - if not more than - her own biological family. The pack was changing now, just as the season of change was upon them.

Autumnal leaves of yellow, orange and red garnished the trees and the forest floor. A few green leaves still remained on the trees as it was only early days in the season. It was almost scary how quickly summer turned into autumn. How green turned to earthen shades of red and brown overnight. But it was a beautiful season all the same. She loved the crunch of dead leaves beneath her paws, she loved childishly diving into piles of these leaves. She loved the cool evening breezes that followed warm days. One such breeze blew in from the west, carrying with it a howl. The Elite headed for the area she knew to well. A grove of maple trees where she had arrived nearly two years previous. It was a beautiful place, one she had not seen in a long while. Picking up her paws and extending her stride into an easy lope she moved to quickly meet her new friend. On instinct her tail raised, curling over her spine, though her lips set into a kind smile.

The wolf she laid eyes upon was not what she'd expected. The female appeared much smaller than the Elite, who was a measurably tall fae herself. Nnlya thought the other female looked a little underfed, as though she hadn't eaten in some time, though perhaps that was just her slim build. She slowed her gait to a trot and once more to a walk. "Greetings, friend. My name is Nnlya, of these lands. Might I be of service to you this evening?" She brought herself to a halt before the sable female, still smiling sweetly. She thought to offer assistance and a place in the pack if the she-wolf so wished. But first an answer was required.
Back to top Go down
http://nnlyas-wonderland.tumblr.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Scent on the Autumn wings Scent on the Autumn wings Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2015, 09:48

Oh how she wished for peace to claim her. To calm her rapidly beating heart as she sat there at the boarder, waiting anxiously for a pack member. She did not have long to wait and soon the sound of paws thudding the hard, packed, leaf strewn ground reached her ears and she sat more alert. Her tan ears pressed forward in curiosity, her tail straightened out on the ground behind her. She thought about giving her coat a quick shake to settle any rough patches, but it was to late as the form of a large she wolf appeared through a grove of maple trees.

Her dark tail was raised to curl over her back, a sign of high status but a a kind smile graced her lips at her approach. This new fae did not have a threatening stance nor a hidden anger to be bothered by a new she wolf asking for admittance into her home. Kike liked this girl immediately. There was just something about her that was unquestioningly sincere in the way she held herself. She called a greeting to Kike, asking if she needed any help and delivering her name. Her forth coming was a little startling to the fae whom had to hide her true feelings and whom had had to tell so many untruths. Basically, Kike lived a life of beating around the bush.

Dried leaves crunched underfoot as she lowered herself a bit, her ears laid back. She brought her tail to her side as she remained in her slightly submissive posture. Being a rule unto herself, Kike found it difficult to submit fully to another, but she was trying. Her eyes glanced briefly at the other female, then went to her fire paws as she opened her mouth and let it ring forth with certainty. "Yes, fae. It is a pleasure to meet you. I am in need of a home. If you have room for another I would gladly appreciate it." Kike thought about it for a second then added, "My name is Kike, Nnyla."
Back to top Go down
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Scent on the Autumn wings Scent on the Autumn wings Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2015, 21:07

Nnlya's grin turned broader, eyes lighting with excitement. She'd already guessed as much about the faes intentions at the border. They all said much the same, albeit some were more polite than others about it. She wished she could take bets as to what the females rank of desire was, it would be interesting to see who would win. Personally, Nnlya thought the traveller to be suited to the rank of Hunter, what with her smaller, lighter frame and ears at a constant attention. But she couldn't judge, it was just as likely that the female had aspirations of being a Healer, Caretaker or Warrior. She would have to see just what the female wanted out of her pack.

The Elite lowered her rump to the ground, sitting casually, her weight shifted to her left side. A multihued tail curled itself around her paws, resting limply for the moment. "Of course, we always have room for one more here in Helidos. And I must say, Kike, I've never heard a name like it before. It's beautiful." She allowed herself to think for a moment on her next words, not wishing to become stale and distasteful in her border routine. "Would you mind settling a quandary for me? I'm having a hard time trying to decide upon a suitable rank for you. Would you mind telling me a bit about your past experiences in packs? What duties you've held and where your passions lie? It would be most helpful."

About them a few yellow leaves fell from the beautiful maples that formed the grove. Looking past the fae she thought she could spot the gnarled twisting trunks she remembered from her own first day. The Lovers. The memory made her wistful, thinking of her own beloved back in the packlands. How she longed to be at his side once more.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Scent on the Autumn wings Scent on the Autumn wings Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2015, 22:30

[center]Her smile grew bigger as Kie crouched there in front of her. Feeling an air of calm, Kike herself pushed up to resume her sitting position. She gave Nnyla a friendly smile of her own as her ears swiveled around, picking up the sounds of birds and the scolding chatter of the large grey squirrels. Her own smile grew grateful as Nnyla confirmed that there was indeed room for her. "Thank you, she said, accepting the complement about her name.

She nodded her head to Nnyla to let her know that she was willing to answer her question. When she hear it, her eyes took on a far away gaze as the memory of that horrid pack came to the fore front. But she sat straight, determined not to break before this sweet but new friend that had started to tug at her heart in just a few beats.. Her voice was steady as she relayed to information. "I had been an elite in my previous pack, roaming the boarder, settling any disputes that came my way, but I found myself drawn to their pups most when my duties were not so great. I had loved them as if they were my own and grieved much when they were snatched back to the otherworld." She said, her voice taking on a tender tone as that of a mother as she spoke of the pups. "I do so enjoy pups. To me I feel more comfortable in that area." She added.

Back to top Go down
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Scent on the Autumn wings Scent on the Autumn wings Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2015, 17:19

Nnlya gazed down at the female with caring eyes, wondering why she had not stood once she was addressed. Like more than not it was that her previous pack was stricter on guidelines for submission. "Rise, dear. There is no need to stand on ceremony. A polite tone and small acknowledgement is all I require. You are among friends and equals here. We each give and earn our respect, you will soon earn yours as I have earned mine." She waited a moment, pondering the females predicament. I was an interesting one, a previously higher ranked female who wanted nothing more than to care for pups. It was not something she found common. A great number of wolves were so ambitious, desperate to be a Hunter or Warrior and prove themselves, to climb the ranks and gain power. The Elite found it refreshing to see someone so content with themselves.

She nodded, quite certain with her thoughts. "A very noble decision. We need strong, capable educators for our young if they are to grow and learn well. But tell me, why did you leave your previous pack?" She could understand the she-wolfs sadness when pups began to lead their own lives, either in this world or the next. There was a sense of longing, a wish to be needed for just a little longer. She could give Kike everything she wanted and, if Nnlya were lucky, could have someone to help care for her pups. She and Drogo were yet to visit the Alphess, but Nnlya was almost certain that this would be her year.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Scent on the Autumn wings Scent on the Autumn wings Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2015, 18:53

She stood to her feet, her tail hanging in a relaxed manner with her ears following suit. But her eyes remained vigilant to roam the surrounding wood. She noted a curiously formed group of maple trees behind her. Their trunks gnarled and twist. That is what I feel like. Twisted and molded into a killer. A snatcher of life, even though he had brought it on himself when he took me in, she thought to herself. Her done swiveled back to give Nnlya another friendly smile. It was pleasant to know that, even though she was new, she had friends with this pack. To have to earn respect without having to rip out someone's throat would be perfect for her. She had disliked serving that kind of punishment for any inflection that her alpha had deemed treasonous.

Then the big question came. She had hoped no one would pry into her previous life but, she had known it would have come out sooner or later. Still, she couldn't help but going still at its inquiry. She dropped her gaze, avoiding the gaze from the other so she wouldn't see the disgust or pity when Kike revealed her truth. Her burden she had carried for three long  years. At first, Kike opened her mouth to speak part of the truth but she hesitated. Taking a breath she started again. Taking a leap of faith and hope that this fae wouldn't turn her back on her, she opened her maw again to spill out her reason for leaving. "I had ended the life of the alpha of a pack who had decimated mine. For all I know there were no survivors. I had been six months old at the time and he had captured me while I was searching for my father and brother in the wreckage. He kept me as a prize but I moved up through the ranks so that someday I would be able to extract justice for my pack and my family." When she neared the end of the short version of her story, Kike's voice had taken on a hard edge.

She could still remember to hot taste of Ash's blood as it filled her mouth. Could still see him on the floor of his den, writhing as the blood soaked his fur. She had thought she would feel at peace, but she only felt bitterness and longing. Her pale honeyed eyes still didn't meet the friendly and welcoming fae. She was sure that this fae would revoke her acceptance and tell her that there was no place for someone like her in this pack.
Back to top Go down
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Scent on the Autumn wings Scent on the Autumn wings Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2015, 20:19

The world was a beautiful place full of beautiful things. There was nature, in all its rugged glory. There were colours and patterns to add variety. There were the other animals, running about their daily lives, some blissfully unaware of the deeper impact they had on the lives of those around them. Both of them seemed to look at the lovers tree right then. She smiles a happy smile, the kind she only got around Drogo. Soon my love, she thought. She couldn't wait for the day they were joined as mates, for the say her belly was round with his pups. Her focus became distant as she imagined what their pups might be like. She could see them, gambolling about with their father while he laughed and smiled. She knew he would make a wonderful father. The Elite blinked, returning her focus to the present. "My dear, a number of us here have dark pasts. It pains me to make you share such things, but I must first look after the interests of my pack. Nonethless we would be glad to have you join us Caretaker Kike. Come, let's find you a den in our main clearing." She turned to walk from the border, hoping the Caretaker would follow her. If she did, the Elite would dip her muzzle to whisper in the females ear. "If you ever need to talk. I'm here."

[OOC - You are accepted into Helidos, Welcome! PLease change your name to Caretaker Kike and add yourself to the Helidos group under the ranks tab up the top.}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scent on the Autumn wings Scent on the Autumn wings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scent on the Autumn wings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1