Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Writing A Book!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Alpha Sitka
Alpha Sitka

Wolf Information
Purchases: None

Writing A Book!! Empty
PostSubject: Writing A Book!! Writing A Book!! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 12:10

HEY YOU GUYS!
It's me! So I need a little help from the Age family. I'm going to start writing a book! The problem and what I need your help with?
I don't know what to write about! And I don't have any characters!
So! I'm asking you all to help me and give me ideas!
I would appreciate the help, lovelies!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Writing A Book!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing A Book!! Writing A Book!! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 14:48

*glances at Sissy's thread* *glances at Google Docs full of shit* Tbh I think it'd be better if you gave me some guidelines before I killed you with all of this.

What kind of story are you planning on, or are you still deciding? Sci-fi, fantasy, realistic? A wolf RP?
Don't even get me started on characters, sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Writing A Book!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing A Book!! Writing A Book!! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 15:36

I write books all the time, Sitka! Writing a book is awesome, but Ari's right... how can you decide to write a book when you've got nothing to go off of?

I personally just tend to base my characters off of people I know and then the story ideas are just random ideas that pop into my head (mostly things that appear out of no where while listening to new songs). I've got more than plenty books that I'd be happy to share to give you some idea of how I write and if you want my help at all...
Back to top Go down
Alpha Sitka
Alpha Sitka

Wolf Information
Purchases: None

Writing A Book!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing A Book!! Writing A Book!! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 16:56

I definitely want an animal based theme. Obviously, wolves are preferred as those are the characters I can really connect with and play out correctly. There's so many things that could be formed out of something so small as a wolf, but I don't have any solid ideas for any particular storyline.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Writing A Book!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing A Book!! Writing A Book!! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 17:30

Well, that can be a good thing or a bad thing, y'know? I definitely have plenty of tips for story writing. And there are a couple options
A: just stick with a loose storyline. Always, always keep a notepad with you, write down literally anything you find interesting in the day, or any ideas. Listen to peoples' patterns of speech and personalities for characters
Or B: work out a long, detailed plotline that you will stick to for the whole of the story. Of course, with any story, you need a starting point and an end goal, but with this you'll basically have every scene plotted out in your head, instead of just going with the flow.

And maybe straying from wolves would help you more. Not a necessity, but maybe write about a young dog or fox or coyote who was raised with wolves. Maybe about a wolf who loses his family and searches his whole life for them. Depends how realistic it'll be. Maybe they have another animal companion like a fox. Maybe every time they fall asleep, they go to an imaginary world and have to tell which is the real one, and which is the dream. Believe me, there are plenty of things you can use for inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Writing A Book!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing A Book!! Writing A Book!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing A Book!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1