Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information
Purchases: Extra Large Wolf: 93 cm

Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Empty
PostSubject: Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 19:34

Fel arrived at Springhill around an hour before sunset, like she had arranged with Desmond. The Elite, whenever she crossed paths with the elusive alpha, had seen a sort of deterioration in spirit happening simultaneously with his adjustment to the position. She figured now was a good time to check up on him and see if there were any particular concerns. Perhaps there was something in particular he found overwhelming… Something she could take off of his shoulders. Or maybe he just needed to let out his frustrations in a verbal of physical form. Perhaps a playful spar or a hunt or even a run would help his mood. After all, there is nothing worse than an alpha in a bad mood aside from an insane, egotistic one.

While waiting, the fae stretched her long limbs beside the river. It was now fully spring, and the grass around her shone with an irritating emerald brilliance… But other wolves found this place rather soothing, so she figured it was her best bet. For herself, she would rather be in their northernmost territory, leaping expertly about on the remaining sheets of ice there. However, she understood that Borealis Bay was not the best option for a meeting. With a grunt, she rose to her normal height and scanned the territory with her available senses. Rustles of grass not far from her indicated a small rodent – perhaps a hare. Considering it as a dinner for her soon-to-arrive leader, she glanced towards it before deciding to let it grow and fatten for a better meal in the future. By the size of its ears, whose tips just reached past the level of the tall grass, the prey was insignificant. It didn’t take much longer for her to sense the arrival of the closest to a friend she had in Agavos. Fel saw his tall, dusty form across the fields far out of range of her hearing, and waited until she could hear his paw steps to crane her head down in a manner of respect. It would rise only upon greeting or order, whichever came first. In her deep, icy voice, she called to him, “Good evening, Alpha, and thank you for joining me.”
Back to top Go down
Alpha Desmond
Site Owner
Site Owner
Alpha Desmond

Wolf Information
Purchases: Large Wolf | Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2015, 08:14

Days prior to this evening, Fel had requested they meet and speak about things. Desmond was not against communicating with his right paw, in fact, he was happy she had finally wished for a private chat. So many things had happened within the lands of Agavos and there were things she needed to hear from him. The large male made his way over the lands he called his home. His paws enjoyed the soft and tender feel of the blades of grass beneath his pads. It was much nicer than the snow, more welcoming to the days of future to come. Desmond moved along his unbeaten path, working his way to Springhill. It was a territory that had a giant spring thrown right in the middle of two decent sized hills. The winter had frozen the water, making it form into ice, but now that spring had arrived, Desmond could see the fish swimming beneath the water. That was probably one thing Desmond did not understand, fish. They were strange looking creatures with big bulging eyes. Their flesh made them already smell as if they were rotten. Why would any creature wish to eat such a thing? He was so unsure of everything. It was not long until Fel had found him and offered a greeting to him. He did not ask her to rise, nor did he command her to do anything. She was perfectly fine the way she was. He nodded his head in respect to her and made his way over the spring. Forcing the weight on his back legs, he launched himself over the body of water. It was not a hard task, in fact he probably could have just stepped over it, but where was the fun in such things. "Evening Fel. Was there something you wished to speak about directly? I have all the time in the world, so if it's an ear full... you may have my ears until the morning sun rises in the east."
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2015, 13:08

When her leader finally replied to her, Fel would sweep her head lower before bringing it back up. This small gesture was awarded only to the alpha in her natal pack, and Desmond was one of the few she would revive the tradition for. With a respectful rumble, she answered briefly, “Though I do indeed have words to share, I doubt it will take till the rebirth of the sun, but I thank you for the generosity of your time. Now… Would you care to accompany me on a walk?” Fel had noticed that he seemed a little bit more relaxed in this environment, so she chose the option in which they would be continuously interacting with it. Perhaps it would do him good. The elite would turn and wait for him to begin the march, walking in step with him to his right.

A few strides into their promenade, the raven fae began, “I would like to speak with you on several subjects, but I assume I should start with a short report. It has been a while since I’ve done such a report, and I apologize. There are several members now roaming your lands whom you have likely not met. I have informed you already of the new Omega, as I recall, immediately after her acceptance. I had covered most of the trail she so foolishly left by then. It is surely gone now with the changing of the seasons, and I had not detected any Erenyx activity from that side – or any side – of our borders. Continuing, there are a few others you should know of, but they all bear the ranks of proper wolves. Perhaps you have run into Sofiel, a new fae Healer of yours. She has, from what I’ve seen, been rather effective in treating the pack. Another, Caretaker Newt, was a brute I found who was willing to pledge his life and loyalty to the pack and in turn, yourself. He did appear half-frozen in the cold…” She chuckled slightly, “But Healer Sofiel did an excellent job at helping his winter-sore throat. Now he is currently strong, and I am personally providing him with defensive training. I think my past experience as a Guardian could help the caretakers prepare for the possible births the next cycle of seasons will bring, and I believe in beginning preparations early. There has also been a Warrior by the name of Erabus that showed great promise. I have seen him running his borders regularly and fulfilling his other duties well. He is a strange one, but a more than decent addition to our ranks. And finally, we have the newest of all of us – Healer Orion. I hope you do not think me insane for this… Orion is blind. But he does have an extensive knowledge of herbs and how to mend injuries and heal ailments. Besides this, he has a very interesting way of moving around that I think could be beneficial to learn from. I intend to study him, since he also says he knows how to defend himself, and then implement whatever techniques I find helpful into both my personal arsenal of experience and the training I may provide other members with.” Fel took a moment of silence to allow all of this to sink in. Surely Desmond would not think her a lunatic for accepting a disabled wolf, at least not for the reasons listed. Right? “Besides acceptances, I have been exploring and searching all of our territories for both dangerous and helpful terrain, and I’ve met with a few of the pack members here and there. Off the top of my mind: Sofiel, Newt, Noble, Desoto, and Omega Pharika have all crossed my path. The latter fae seemed too ambitious for her own good, rambling about wishing to achieve not only a proper rank but something higher. It was slightly amusing to listen to, having just saved her from a trip to the Healer’s den for frostbite. I suppose that is their purpose after all, to lighten the mood… Had I not just saved her that trip, she would have had to go there… And if I hear of such ambitious, oblivious chit-chat again, I hope you will not mind if I do send her to Sofiel and Orion with a number of reminders of her rank.”

Taking whatever feedback there was, she would soon after add on, “Desmond, another reason I have requested this meeting is for the sake of yourself. I would like to know how well you are adjusting to life as a pack Alpha… I do not sway in my opinion; you make an excellent leader. But I know adjustments can be draining, and perhaps there is something I can help you with? Maybe there is a burden that would be better carried by my own shoulders, at least for the time being? And also, perhaps there is something you would wish to inform me of?” Fel would walk in silence thereafter, listening respectfully and nodding when appropriate. Occasionally, her icy orbs stole a glance at his features to decipher his disposition, but mostly she only looked forward at the road ahead of them… The path was fresh with untrampled grass and flowers; it was the road less traveled by.

Last edited by Elite Fel on June 27th 2015, 02:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alpha Desmond
Site Owner
Site Owner
Alpha Desmond

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2015, 22:00

The proper respects were always shared between one another, even when Desmond had been a lonely rogue. His green eyes shone brightly to the Elite, mimicking the color of the fresh grass. As she asked him to walk with her, he would not turn her down. He moved to her side and together the pair walked along the way, speaking and listening to one another. He spoke not a word, only a slight nod, allowing her the time to take the floor and tell him of everything important to their pack. Desmond walked at her speed, careful not to walk too fast or too slow. Heavy thoughts and feelings weighed on the inside of his mind, and he knew that things were not the same as they once were. The brute held himself as an Alpha should, even though it was not necessary, merely out of habit for the moment being. ”Of course I care to hear of everything from your eyes. It’s a good thing we have another Caretaker around, but I shall get into that with you once you are done.” He listened to her speak, noting everything that came from her mouth. He liked Fel, he could trust her completely. Hearing that she would put an Omega in its place was something that brought a smile to his features. He knew he could completely trust her with a task like that. For there seemed to be a few wolves with a hair out of whack, thinking they could go around and do anything or say anything they wanted. Every single wolf should know the pack laws for their own pack. Every single wolf should no Omegas have no rights when it comes to hierarchy. They are the voice-less souls and are used for the purpose of fulfilling the needs of all the others. If any others had wished to stand up against Desmond, he would be quick to correct them in the same manner. But after the pack heard what happened to Knoble, then possibly they would all re-think their foolish decisions. ”Healers and Caretakers, good. We do need those around. For now, Newt can learn from Sofiel and assist in anything she needs. As for this… Orion fellow… is he really blind? Like completely blind? Or is it where he was blinded in one eye? I am very intrigued by this wolf and I must meet him at the earliest possibility. But yes, you keep your studies on him. Perhaps he knows a secret or two for something we could do to help the pack hunt better. Not that it is a real issue right now, but for in the future. Anything could change at the drop of a leaf.”

As they continued to walk on their path, Desmond started to think of more things that had been bothering him. This whole idea of a new pack was rough already as it was, let alone he hadn’t lived in a pack since he became Beta of his natal pack and killed his brother. But now it was his turn to speak of the wolves that he had met at the borders as well. He cleared his throat as he began to think of the wolves he had helped. "The first was a fae, Zandra. She said she was skilled in hunting, so I am giving her the chance to prove it. Not that I really doubt her words, I mean, why would one lie to an Alpha's face? It seems a little ridiculous to me. Then after that one, it was a white-cream colored male who doesn't really seem to know what he is doing. Fino was his name. Then came Breeze, now that fae was rather dumb when she came to meet me. She looked me straight in the eyes and showed so many different signs of insubordination. It was crazy. I will admit I was very neutral with her from the start, but you think when the lands smell like the wolf before you, you would know exactly what to do. Th last wolf, however, was the strangest of them all. In his attempts to gain access into the pack, he mentioned he was able to bring life into the pack when the season was right. Have you ever heard a wolf try to claim such a thing as a way to enter the pack? I certainly have not. I chewed him out a good bit and put the fear of the Alpha in him, so hopefully you can help me keep an eye on him. Next winter we don't need a bunch of swollen faes waddling around. His name is Finnick. From the sounds of the bunch you ran across and the ones I have, I think it is safe to say the members in our pack are very odd..." Desmond tried as he could to bring light to a very serious situation that had weighed upon his mind. In the old pack, he was never treated with such disrespect. He tried to imagine how his father treated the lower ranked wolves, and all the admiration they gave unto him. It was a glorious sight, one he wished for himself at this point. "But there is an issue I really must address with you. A few days ago, I was greeted by two wolves outside of my den. One of which was an Omega by the named of Emily, and the other, Caretaker Knoble. They were going to ask me to allow them mateship, but when the Omega spoke first, I lost my temper. Then when I commanded that the brute put her in her place, he refused and stood up to me. I really thought about killing them both, but with a new pack, we need the numbers. So, instead of doing so, I changed the Caretaker's rank to that of an Omega. Neither of them will be able to have mates. I also banned them both from seeing each other, so if you see them together, please remind them of their rank for me." Desmond looked the setting sun, watching the world turn to the darkness. He stepped out ahead of Fel, stopping her in her place and lowered his tone. "I've pondered the idea of fleeing these lands and living once again within the Rogue territories. This pack life is very much exhausting and the wolves, for the most part, are rather irritating. I try my hardest to push it all away from my mind, but maybe I was not fit to be the Alpha this pack needs? I could easily leave and just go back to my vagabond life..." He knew nothing to say after that. What else could he say? Would he actually leave?
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2015, 02:33

Fel walked along in equal strides, keeping the pace steady and replying to his questions and queries with short but meaningful phrases so that he could both have feedback and continue with his thoughts. That was the respect he deserved from her, after all. The elite would listen to each and every one of his words, even when they were plainly humorous commentary. When asked further about Orion, she nodded once, “Completely blind and yet very mobile and effective. I will see to it that he knows to meet with you.” The fae continued to listen to his recount of the wolves he accepted. From the sound of it, they had been even more ridiculous than the lot she met. Insubordinate females named after winds and males offering to repopulate the wolf species… She’d rather have lions, tigers and bears. At least there was some use to them. Fel recorded the names, physical traits, and possible warnings surrounding these new wolves. The elite reassured her alpha with a forced chuckle in her tone, “Very odd indeed. Don’t worry though… If I see this Finnick trying to repopulate the pack without any permission, I can always see to it that he will never be able to do so again.” Fel felt that responding with a tiny bit of humor was the correct answer here. That was not to say that she wasn’t a bit serious though…

The story of Noble – or in Desmond’s case, ‘Knoble’ – and Emily was ridiculous but not surprising. Emily would easily be one to make such a mistake. From Noble, however, she had expected better. With another nod, she replied, “Will do.” Fel could have said something along the lines of ‘With pleasure’ but avoided lying. There was very little that she actually found pleasure in doing. She did not detest the job by any means, however. In fact, the responsibilities she had here were the most fulfilling out of all of her duties in many, many years. But Fel was not a wolf of pleasure or joy or contentment. She never was.

The elite stopped, unsurprised, when Desmond pulled ahead and blocked her path. The words he then spoke were… Slightly disappointing, but fixable. “Desmond, I can understand how you feel. Such a leap can be frustrating for any wolf, and this pack is very new. But I am willing to help you as much as possible in establishing the principles on which it runs… Or rather for my part, enforcing them. These things take time. And some wolves are different than others. Each needs a combination of reprimanding for offenses and praises for outstanding work. But we’ll work through these initial bumps in the road, you’ll see. If you ask me, you’re still the most fit to be alpha around these three packs.” Her eyes, for a slight moment, caught his emerald gaze and she tried on a supportive smile. It was clearly not meant in disrespect or challenge, but only in an offering of a friendly counseling. The smile looked strange on her features, for she had rarely made such a contortion of her face that would usually express joy; her cold, heartless eyes didn’t know how to express sincerity in a glance, looking like the same blank, icy pools both when she was being nice and when she was about to kill. But she was trying. The bold interaction lasted only for less than a second before she dropped her gaze and stepped closer, head held lower than his. This was very uncharacteristic for her, but such a manipulation of herself had to be performed. Fel nudged his scruff with her broad snout. It was a nuzzle. He looked like he needed a nuzzle. “Come on, Desmond. Don’t abandon me here… Don’t abandon Agavos.” She wasn’t sure what would happen, as this was a bit of a gamble. He could easily become enraged and take a bite at her neck, which was purposefully exposed. But Fel hoped that this would comfort him and sway him into staying. It was her best shot, really.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Desmond
Site Owner
Site Owner
Alpha Desmond

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2015, 08:55

Desmond was not too sure how a completely blind wolf had even lived as long as he did, but who was he to judge? He would keep a close eye of the wolf, when he did actually get to meet him. "Hmmm.. I see. Quite an interesting concept." He had never met a blind wolf before, but if Fel gave him a chance, then so would he. As they moved to speak about other wolves, and Fel commented about the repopulating wolf, he could not help but to chuckle. "I don't really see him as being an issue. I scared the crap out of him at the border once he said it. I think he understands that if he does step outside the laws, I will tear him apart." But soon the tone changed quickly. As he confessed his deepest issues to her, it was apparent that she didn't want him to leave. Desmond closed his eyes as he listened t her. She was not scolding him or anything, but hearing her words of encouragement was helping. The pack needed to see him as the ruler of these lands. They would not be able to do anything they wanted. They had to listen to him. But one of the ways to get that way, would be to get respect from his pack. "Thank you Fel. I really do appreciate it. I guess I have been more reprimand than praise, so I will definitely work on that. Maybe we could establish a pack meeting, as like a meet and greet, lay down the laws of Agavos so everyone is on the same page? I think that could help some of the wolves to understand me as not only a wolf, but as an Alpha as well, because both are important. I think it might be good for everyone. What do you think?" Inside, Desmond really knew it would be a matter of time. Other Alphas probably had it a whole lot easier than he did. This was his first time being in this position. He was a Beta in his pack for like five seconds before he killed his brother and fled. He lived a long time as a Rogue, so perhaps he had been retaining all the negative things he had watched his father do? Desmond was open to any ideas she may have. He would do anything to make life in Agavos much better.
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2015, 04:02

The actions worked as planned, and Fel pulled away at the earliest opportunity. It had felt strange to show any sort of friendly affection, even though it was all for the sake of lightening his mood than truly expressing any emotions. Fel, after all, had very limited emotions and rarely expressed any of those that lay shriveled and withering within her soul. To say that she was completely emotionless was incorrect, as it would be for any other wolf. To say that she only showed what she felt would be helpful at that particular moment and manipulated her expressions to her own benefit, however, would be absolutely right.

At his word of thanks, the elite dipped her head silently. It seemed that he was more willing to work as an Alpha now than he had been a few minutes ago. Mission accomplished. Returning to her characteristically heartless tone, she replied to him, “That sounds like a good idea, Desmond. I would suggest another two things… You could try telling the pack a little more about yourself, because rumours and false stories are petty, annoying things that are likely to arise later if you don’t. You don’t have to do this by any means, but I would recommend it. Perhaps I shall do so too, for many of the wolves around have seen me somewhere before. As for my second proposition… In addition to just explaining pack laws, also explain your system of rewards. Or at least, tell them there is one. Maybe test the pack members and get some Deltas or Leads or even others in position if you feel they are worthy enough.” She paused, looking towards the horizon thoughtfully, “I say that not because I have too much weight to carry. In fact, I would personally offer to oversee the development of those selected wolves. The pack just needs to see that there is a way up the ladder as well as a way down.” Looking back to him, she concluded, “I would also like to, in the future, set up a day or two every so often when I pair up wolves or put them in small groups and give them a task to complete. I could even make it into a game, if that would interest them more. But the point would be training wolves to work together in various tasks, besides just hunting, so that they know how to live and fight alongside one another. They would learn each other’s strengths and weaknesses, and also get a bit of cross-rank training. Maybe the warriors and hunters would learn a few herbs in the process and the healers could sharpen their fighting technique. That way, if we are low on a stock of let’s say… dock, and the healers are swamped with work, I could easily pull a small team together and send them looking for it efficiently. And the healers would be better suited to not only heal the wounded but defend them if necessary.” Fel stopped there, realizing she had been ranting a bit. She shrugged casually, further indicating that it was just a suggestion. Desmond was the alpha, and he had the final say.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Desmond
Site Owner
Site Owner
Alpha Desmond

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2015, 16:27

"That settles it then, I will gather the wolves and speak with them about who Desmond really is. They need to understand a little of how I like to keep things running. Otherwise, it will be sheer chaos. But I will say this, I hope some of these rumors are about my dashing good looks.... I think I have the title for most attractive male around Agavos. What do you think?" he spoke with a smile as he nudged her with his head. It was the most affection he had ever shown to a wolf, outside of actual mating. It was strange and immediately, Desmond pulled away. The embrace had been strange, but he managed to shrug it off. "Speaking of ranks and the like... What do you think about challenges for rank? It is something my father had done and I would really like to do it myself. I don't know much of what the other packs actually do, but I think this would be good for our numbers and that way everyone would know the wolves in power are serious. Anyone can challenge another for their rank, and if they win, of course they get it. It keeps the strongest ones at the top and allows for others to be given a shot. I would even accept a challenge to my position, though I doubt any of these wolves could currently defeat me..." Desmond was a cocky fellow, and he knew how to play the game. She began to speak of wanting to train all the wolves to be able to do everything. Healers and Caretakers would learn to kill and hunt. This was an interesting idea, very different from anything he had ever known in his life before. Were they going to train them all to be like rogues? That was a strange thought, but it seemed like Fel had really wished for this to be an option. Who was he to tell her otherwise? Nodding his head, he spoke to her in a normal tone. "If that is what you wish for the wolves in this pack to know, then by all means, please go ahead. If you need anything from me at all, do not be afraid to ask it. I agree it would be good for everyone and even paving the way for our future young in this pack to learn traits and things other wolves their own age won't know. So yes, go teach these wolves something they could really use." The wolf smiled to Fel and changed the subject. "Is there anything else you need to speak to me about?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue or Royalty? [Desmond]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1