Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Book of Love (Kat)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Book of Love (Kat) Empty
PostSubject: The Book of Love (Kat) The Book of Love (Kat) Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2014, 09:48

It was the first time he had ever come here, there was no scent now except for his own, and it wonderful knowing he was claiming something for the first time in a pack that wasn't his. Still, the massive brute was thrilled to have his own den and it would save him the trouble of building his own, for there was no family for him, no mate; only his job that he was happy to have but the question still remained on if he was going to be able to perform his job. There was word around the pack that the Alpha, Steele and his love, Katyusha had consummated their love for one another and that she would soon be delivering a litter when spring rolled around, but the word of other's was not final. It would only be final when he heard it from the elite herself that she was indeed carrying. Although, Omen usually knew when a female was tainted per say. Never being the one to want to have a litter of his own or even a mate, Omen smiled as he dipped into the dark cave and smelled the earth as it hit his nostrils.

It was a decent sized cave, more so naturally built for those a bit smaller than himself, but still there was room for him to stand up at full attention. Which meant, that anyone else would be comfortable more so than he. In Omen's eyes, this was a blessing for his line of work. For the many years he had been a caretaker, the only issue that ever prevailed was there never being enough room for more than one litter at a time. Here in Eneryx, this would not be a problem, the cavern stretched far back in the recesses of the mountain side and was wide enough for many pups and at least four adult wolves. Being a caretaker was never a low rank for him, it was indeed dirty work, but it kept him spry and built when chasing after the future leaders and helpers of the pack. As Omen eyed the surroundings he thought to himself, 'Katyusha can have this side of the cave with her litter and Chiara could have this side.' As he looked from left to right, smiling to himself that this would be a perfect forever home if he was only able to do his job.

There would come a time when Omen would be able to prove to the leaders of Eneryx that being a caretaker was not just a low rank, but one of the most important. Upon the birthing of pups, it took a healer's presence and a caretakers presence so that the mother felt comfortable. Although any mother, especially his own, could refuse the attention of others and solely want to raise the pups alone, but this drove his own mother to madness. Every mother needs a break, no matter how much they love their children. Rumor had it, Katyusha was not of the friendliest wolves, and certainly he had heard the same about Chiara, but Omen was a gentle male and would never give reason or cause for a female to distrust him. Yet, that was generally common law when it came to females. Specifically when it came to their young and as uncommon as it was for a male to be a caretaker, Omen took pride in the work that he did. For he would give his life for the future generations.

The greatest part of being a caretaker was helping the parents of the young not only get a break from the constant attention of the puppies, but to help mold and shape their young minds to not be ignorant and arrogant, for he found that common in this pack. Omen began clearing up the brush in the cave and pushing out anything that didn't belong and managed to keep the snow from coming in. There in the very back of the cave was a large resting rock, it sat higher up from the lower levels of the cave and he thought it would be a great place for him not only to sleep but to become the perfect watch dog. Ultimately, when you first entered the cave, you would not be able to see him, but he would be able to see the intruder or expectant mother or her kin. Yet, from the height, he would be able to get a lunging attack should anything ever go wrong, but Omen knew this pack, nothing would ever go wrong, or so he hoped. With a heavy sigh he exited the cave and began to clear out some obstacles on the path to where the den was and now the scent of his own self filled his nose, it finally felt like home.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Love (Kat) The Book of Love (Kat) Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2014, 16:30

Winter had come upon the pack quickly this year, causing the prey to dwindle as many creatures stayed in their dens, and didn't venture far if avoidable. Katyusha however was not one of those creatures. The fae had come from the far north, where the winter weather lasted for most of the year, and conditions got much worse than they could imagine here. However; there was something troubling the fae this time of year. With her training with Steele complete for the time being, Katyusha's wounds had healed enough for her to resume most of her duties. This was however hindered by her new duty to the pack and her beloved alpha, a duty she cherished the opportunity to fulfill, producing Steele a worthy litter.

With a wolf like Steele this actually required quite a bit of effort from the fae, and while he couldn't afford to spend the entire day with her do to his own duties to the pack, it did leave Katyusha often exhausted or busy, leaving her no time or energy to patrol the borders or even hunt. Today however was different, Steele had left early to patrol the borders leaving Katyusha most of the day to patrol parts of the pack before his return in the evening. With the ever unpredictable alpha, Katyusha had decided to stay close to her home at the alpha's den, not wanting to miss a single moment she could spend with her mate if she could avoid it.

As the elite pushed through the snow a new scent would catch her attention. It was the scent of a brute coming from the caretaker's den. Had Steele accepted a caretaker to the pack? Certainly he would have told her unless the wolf were new. With an almost wry grin Katyusha would approach then den, lifting her tail in a more dominant fashion so there would be no mistaking who she was, as if the scent of their alpha all over her wasn't good enough. With her new posture the fae would step into the doorway of the den, barking loudly to whoever was inside and then waiting for them to come out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Love (Kat) The Book of Love (Kat) Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2014, 13:44

Bark. The sound filled the cave as Omen's ears turned to the grand opening of the den. Shaking his pelt of excess rocks and dirt he made his way to the entrance and was stunned to see and authoritave wolf standing before him. Almost imediately Omen dropped his head and bowed before her, quickly noticing how he held herself compared to him. As Omen rose back up, he lowered his rear to sit down before her, finding calming words as he looked her over. "Greetings Miss, forgive me, but I am not familiar with whom you are. Clearly, by your stance you are of importance not only to the pack, but to the Alpha whom I can smell upon you. Please, if you do not mind, may I have a name so I can address you properly?" Omen was not prying into her life or gazing at her for long, but soon he would be able to place a name to a face that certainly he would never forget.

As Omen smiled kindly to her, he continued to speak, "My name is Omen, a recent caretaker welcomed into the pack by Guardian Chaira. If I may be of any assistance to you, please let me know, and would you care to come in and get out of the cold?" The brute asked politely as he shook his pelt once more, this time to warm up his body from the bitter cold that had begun to settle in. The large brute got comfortable, for something changed in the atmosphere and between the two. Something Omen couldn't quite pin but he knew that she was not the laughing kind but one who worked under the most serious of tones. Dropping his eyes once more, Omen felt the need to lower his stance some more, seeing as he felt far larger than he and not wanting to give a bad impression to the female, who seemed to be very close to the Alpha. It just seemed like bad timing, a bad moment, but Omen wouldn't give up. The male was too kind and genuine to give a bad impression.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Love (Kat) The Book of Love (Kat) Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2014, 23:43

Katyusha watched the brute walk out of the den, giving her the bow she felt she deserved, bringing a smirk to her lips as the caretaker stood, her tail holding it's raised position as she kept a cold gaze on the male, showing no kindness to him. In fact her whole expression appeared to almost be bored with whatever it was he was doing " Yes, I am of decent importance to the pack, and great importance to our alpha." the female spoke coldly, almost getting a smile at his question "I am Elite Katyusha, soon to be Alphess Katyusha, mate to our great Alpha Steele." she said firmly, actually getting a small smirk at the mention of her mate "Once we know I am carrying there will be a ceremony to make our love official and I shall be made an alphess." she said, her voice actually seeming to perk up a bit with the mention of her mate.

Katyusha truly loved the brute she called her alpha with all her being, happily accepting anything he asked her to for the privilege of being by his side. It was all she had desired when she came to this pack, and it was all she desired now. Once the fae was done speaking she would retake her flat tone again to talk to this brute "A caretaker...what a waste. Why would one with your potential become something as lowly as a caretaker? Especially in this pack?" she said, her tone holding it's bored flat tone, as if she had no interest in knowing anything about this wolf except it was her job to do so.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Love (Kat) The Book of Love (Kat) Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2014, 15:07

The caretaker looked at her from his seated position and was taken aback by her choice of words. For a brief moment, Omen realized that maybe it was just how this pack was, that they were all rude in some way or form. Well, maybe it was a form of being rude, but a way of weeding out the good from the bad that everyone seemed on edge. For another brief moment, Omen considered turning his back but of course he would be demoted if that was the case and he loved his line of work. As his ears listened to her choice of wording he just smiled kindly. "Elite Katyusha, it is indeed an honor and pleasure to meet you, and of course congratulations on your future promotion to Alphess. I look forward to serving you. It seem's our Alpha, Steele, has chosen well upon a mate for your future looks bright here in Eneryx." Omen bowed his head once more to knowledge her rank and status in the pack.

"Excuse Elite Katyusha, but if I may be so bold, I wish to speak freely to you. One wolf to another as to why I am a caretaker. There is no such thing as a wasted rank, not in my eyes at least. Here in Eneryx, every wolf should be able to hold a rank regardless of the rank, because it serves purpose. Although I am new here, my duties still pertain no matter which pack I chose to be a part of. It seemed at the time, that Eneryx was the right pack, and although I do hesitate with my decision at time due to the friendliest of natures here, I will forever hold pride in my rank and in my job. Much like you, although there are some major differences between your duties and mine, there is no difference in who we are as wolves. We both bleed red, we both are capable of emotions, and we both protect. You speak of knowing if and when you will have a litter, again, if I may be so bold, I am happy to tell you that from years of experience, you will be having a litter come the spring. A blessing it is and I assume you will be a first time mother."

"My job calls for excellent hunting skills to provide the mother nutrients for her litter and skills of the greatest defense to protect the mother and her young from potential danger. It seems that if I was to have chosen warrior or hunter, I wouldn be using the 'so called' potential you think I am wasting. Being a caretaker is not only one of the hardest job it is the most rewarding, no matter what pack you belong too. As a caretaker, I assist the females of the pack with their young, I am at call at all hours of the day, for no matter how strong you think you are... puppies will take the very breath and life away from you. I can tell by you tone or lack there of one that you do not care to hear this, but I can promise you Miss Katyusha, my job will be beneficial to you. For the greatest reward of all is helping shape the minds of the future generations to be better than the last."

With that Omen stood from his spot and turned as if he was going to walk away, "I am happy to show you the den in which I would hope that you would deliver your future litter. I'd be happy to discuss more only if you please. Above all, I may be beneath you by rank, but I am just the same as you. It was my choice to become a caretaker and I will not listen to words of belittlement from someone of your rank. It only proves to me that you are the one being rude." Omen knew that what he said might cross her the wrong way, but he was sick and tired of higher ranking wolves give him shit for his rank. Dropping his head low, he awaited either and attack from the female or more harsh words.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Love (Kat) The Book of Love (Kat) Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2014, 12:52

The smaller Elite watched as the wolf seemed a little shocked by his words, almost smirking at how fresh he still was in the pack. Katyusha didn't truly have anything against this wolf, and she knew that if all went well she would be needing his help this coming spring, and that is why the fae was being rude to him. Her life, and the life of her pups would depend on him, and as long as Steele was alpha, so did his, and Katyusha wanted to make sure he was a wolf who could hold his own when the time came, and she only knew one way to do that.

As the caretaker began to speak Katyusha would only nod gently, answering his question to speak freely "Of course you may, but there is always the risk of consequences depending on what it is you say. " she warned, her tone still flat. As the caretaker gave his speech Katyusha would just nod slowly, looking up to him as he finished and not saying a word. When the brute turned before he even invited her in Katyusha would walk past him and into the den, giving only a short sentence in response to his words "You make a fair point." she said, her voice showing slightly more emotion now, as she allowed her mask to fall free.

If they got to know eachother at all, Omen would find he and Katyusha were very similar in that regard. Katyusha had trained hard, submitting herself to months of true torture and brutality to earn the rank Elite, and her alpha's affections. But most claimed she gave her body to Steele in exchange for rank, not caring about their love for each other or the hard work and training she put in to prove herself to the alpha, hard work that many in the pack had never witnessed themselves.

As the other spoke again Katyusha would nod "I would appreciate that, thank you." she said, looking around the den and starting to speak again "I imagine Steele will want me to give birth and care for the pups in the Alpha's den....and he will want to test you before he allows you near them, but your services will be more than welcomed I'm sure...Steele is a very busy wolf." she said honestly, turning to face him again "And do not take it personally... I had to see how you would handle yourself, I've never met you before, and I don't need someone who will attack me over a few petty insults near my pups." she spoke honestly, keeping her more sincere tone and expression now, as if she held a mask until she knew she could trust him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Love (Kat) The Book of Love (Kat) Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2014, 17:06

As the Elite brushed past him, Omen couldn't help but smile, she was spunky and spiteful all in the same and he loved it. The way she carried herself showed Omen that she would be a great mother, strict and maybe overbearing at times, but caring and kind. The Elite showed great work ethics and Omen was indeed impressed by how she spoke and how she acted. As she entered the den, Omen slowly followed as he let her explore, the whole time staying quiet until she finished speaking. As he looked at her once more he found his words, "If you wish to deliver in the Alpha's den, that is fine by me. I will not interrupt unless you truly need me. Just know, that I am here, and it is my job to protect you. If your mate wishes to challenge me to see how I perform, I will give it my best, because I know that safety of yourself and your unborn litter is at most the most important thing that will become of this pack. Should you decide that you need break, your pups will be here." The wolf trotted over to the left side of the den before continuing. "Miss Chiara, if she is granted permission to have a litter and succeeds, will be to the right. My place will be above on that stoop so that I may overlook but not be overbearing to the mothers and the future members of our pack. I will only step in, if I am needed, which I do hope I will be able too."

Omen smiled once more as she spoke of her attitude and he thought carefully as to what to say to her. For a moment his mind drew blank, but he turned to face her and he gently spoke to her as he looked her in her eyes. "Miss Katyusha, I do not take anything personally. Ever. It is not my place to place judgement on someone but I am entitled to my emotions but they will never come before my line of work. If you felt the need to so call test me seeing as you have never met me before, I honor that and honor you for that decision, for I would have done the same. You will never need to worry about an attack from me or insults from me, but you should be warned that honesty will always come from my lips. Always. It was how I was raised and how I will continue to live. When one is judgmental, they don't see what is before them, they become blinded and full of hatred... but when you look at someone as to how you would see yourself, you see the truth. That is a code I live by and a code I will teach your children." Omen sat down and stared at the Elite. Not knowing what she would say, but Omen knew he liked her and would find friendship in her later down the road.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Love (Kat) The Book of Love (Kat) Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2014, 01:43

Slowly the Elite would look around the den, looking at the floor and the walls before shaking her head slowly "No no, I will need you there, but I wish to stay in the alpha's den. By the time I give birth I will be an alphess, I may be needed by the pack, and there may be some which desire to hurt me or my pups while I am weakened. I shall need you, but I will not be leaving my pups here." she said honestly "Not only to keep them safe, but I do not wish to put you in any more danger than necessary." she said honestly, finishing her examination of the den.

"It appears you have done some work to clean the place up...but there is still much to do...Come to me when it is clean and I'll have some of the hunters provide you with furs for the floors and your bed, they should be very good since it is winter. Is there anything else you will need to make this place....inhabitable?" she asked, turning to step back outside into the snow, glancing around the pack to ensure it hadn't imploded upon itself in the few minutes she was inside.

As the caretaker began to speak again Katyusha would nod "Yes, I can see that. But sometimes it is wiser to keep your emotions and opinions to yourself... sometimes wolves simply don't care to hear them. You will find I am not one of those wolves, I will not attack you for your opinions unless they are spoken for the sole purpose of offending me... which I do not expect from you." she said turning to face him again "However, I do expect I shall have to be the one to test you...but that will be at a later date." she said honestly, not really in the mood to fight today.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Love (Kat) The Book of Love (Kat) Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2014, 13:48

The Elite could be quite crass, but Omen loved it as she spoke of cleaning the place. For now, it was still filthy and not quite proper enough to allow young ones to be around, but it would do for him. As the Elite spoke of furs, he nodded his head, and thought to himself that indeed that would make a great addition to the place. Yet, what else really would benefit them all. Omen finally spoke in relation to what she had spoke about, "Where you wish to have me Miss Katyusha, I will be there, but I do recommend a healer being with us or on call as well. It seems that it's always the best to have a healer ready just in case. Is there a healer you are comfortable with here in Eneryx?" When Katyusha spoke of being weakened and frail after delivery, she spoke of placing Omen in danger and to which Omen replied, "As soon as there is life, there is danger. However, harm will not come your way or to the way of your children, so long as I am around. Should you be the one to test me, it better be after you deliver those pups, and then again it would indeed be pointless to test someone of their skill and abilities once they have already proven their worth by doing their job." A smile crossed his face as he spoke with a bit of a sarcastic tone.

Omen would never harm a female, not intentionally, and not even to prove his worth or rank. The brute knew he was a great fighter and only in the means of protection and he used his words over anything, for fighting got a wolf no where. It ended in blood, the waste of valuable resources, and possible the loss of a life. It wasn't that Omen would hurt Katyusha, in fact should she be the one to test him, he would lay down and accept a fate of death rather than strike a female. Should it be Steele, he would fight to prove only to Katyusha that he is capable of protecting her, but against her mate, the one she loved. Omen knew that Steele would strike him down and that in the end it would be a lose-lose battle. Either he hurts Steele and is crucified for his actions and banished for the fight, losing everything he has worked hard for here in Eneryx or he doesn't fight Steele to the capabilities that he could perform at and he is shot down by his so-called skill and he loses his job and rank, the opportunity to help Chiara and Katyusha with their young. Omen shook his head for a moment to rid himself of this thought, only time would tell what would happen and until then Omen would prepare the den to the best he could.

As Omen watch Katyusha look out over the lands and towards the pack he smiled, "Miss, you should probably head back. It was indeed a pleasure speaking with you and I will call upon you when I feel the den is at it's best. In the mean time, I look forward to the fur that will be coming. I do ask that we keep a stock pile of meat and medicine as well, but I will work on that and provide the den with everything we shall need. Listen close for my howl when it is time for your approval and we shall meet again and hopefully, your belly will be low and round at that time, and your rank higher. Enjoy your day Miss, it was indeed a pleasure." Omen dipped his head to the Elite and smiled, allowing her to leave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Love (Kat) The Book of Love (Kat) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Book of Love (Kat)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1