Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Exile Samael
Site Owner
Site Owner
Exile Samael

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Empty
PostSubject: Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 19:48

The day was not even over yet and Samael could feel he was close to death. That may have been a slight exaggeration, but Samael knew that Teren’s words were right. If he did not get any help from another wolf, he would surely die. He closed his eyes as he made his way into the neutral lands. He ran his body as fast and hard as he could. He did not wish to allow the old wolf the pleasure of being correct. He owed it to his own father, all of his bloodline, to stay alive. Samael finally could run no longer as he reached the shoreline of the lake before him. His body collapsed into the water, feeling the chilled waters hit his exposed flesh. His nose barely reached the top of the water, just enough to breach and allow him a constant flow of oxygen. Samael closed his eyes, shielding them from the constant sunlight. His black coat sucked up the heat, making him feel as though he was walking in a ring of fire. When he opened his eyes, he looked around him to find a pool of blood circling him. ”Is it mine?” he whispered barely audible to himself. He could feel his body in all its weak state. If he tried to move right now, he would not be able to. His ribs along his left side ached and throbbed in pain. If not two, at least one had been broken. Each time he inhaled and exhaled, he could feel the sharp sting. If Samael was to die here, he hoped the Rogues would find him, or the other packs. He hoped they would move his body from sight so that Teren would never know he was right. If the old wolf got that satisfaction, he would feel all his work was in vein. If only he had been able to save Striker, perhaps then things would be better than they were. His heart began to ache, and he was used to this feeling. It was the same when he lost his mother, his siblings, and the day he lost his father. If he ever saw the Lead Healer again, he thought she might attack him herself for not stepping in earlier. He should have never allowed any of that fight to rage on. Instead of allowing the past be, he decided to blame himself for everything that had happened because of Teren. Maybe if Samael had been there on the day with his father, the two of them could have taken this rogue out all alone. ”Alright dad, I know you can hear me… I am ready to join you..” This time he spoke loud enough for any near him to hear.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Of Erenyx
Cheshire Of Erenyx

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2015, 11:19

"You've given up so soon?" He materialized from the bushes, the pool of blood in the water encircling the young wolf's body something of interest to him rather than something of horror. There was a smile on his lips, a wicked look in his eyes, like perhaps he'd be more of a threat to him than any actual assistance. He was an Erenyx healer, and that meant to help this newly crowned exile would be treason to his pack, but when had he ever made himself out to be a trustworthy, loyal pack mate?

Cheshire snickered, for despite Samael's state, it was a convenience for the trickster. "If you'd rather die, then please, continue, I won't stop you... unless you want to live. Maybe then there's something I can do for you." Immediately his eyes began to wander, because despite his conniving nature, he was a healer at heart, and when presented with a job he would attempt to locate a nearby remedy. "But I don't act without there being something to gain. Your actions back there... surely you had a plan? If not, you're stupider than I thought, Samael." He made a tsk sound with his lips, as if each second he wasted wasn't precious to Samael's life.

"I guess the better question is that, if you do have a plan, and a good one at that, how can you make it include me?" The clock was ticking for Samael, but Cheshire had all the time in the world. He'd wait, and if needed, he'd wait until it was too late to save his life. Either Samael was going to die today, and this prove the malevolent Alpha of Erenyx was right, or he'd find a way to make a deal with the devil - rather, one of the devils - so that Cheshire would help him.
Back to top Go down
Exile Samael
Site Owner
Site Owner
Exile Samael

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2015, 12:18

Hearing the voice from behind him, he spun his head around to see a large wolf. He had seen this character before. This wolf was at the pack meeting the day his father died. He did nothing to stop it, but was Samael really going to hold a grudge? No. That would be pointless. "If you know anything that could help me, I would appreciate it." Each time he spoke, he could feel the pain swelling inside of him. He closed his eyes for a moment and listened to the older wolf. But there was nothing that Samael could give him. "Let's imagine for a moment that you are in my paws. You actually care about your own family and friends. Now imagine a whole pack does nothing to help your own father, the last blood you have left, and then the immense loneliness which breeds from that. Now imagine you have an apprentice, who you mentor and can actually talk to for things that bother you, like a little brother. Now think to what just happened. Striker is dead. Teren may not have directly killed him, but he killed two wolves I deeply care about. He took away my family. When I stood up beside Chiara, I had no plan. I knew that I could not allow this to happen any longer. What would you have done?" He stared to the male before him, attempting to get up from his position on the lake floor. He sat up and blood dripped from his body. "I don't have much to offer you now, but when I am ready, I plan to kill Teren and take over Erenyx as the rightful heir to the throne. What would you want if I was to become Alpha? You are already at the highest point of promotions for your rank, so I don't know what else you could want."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Of Erenyx
Cheshire Of Erenyx

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2015, 12:51

"Cute story." He mumbled the words through clenched teeth, having pulled a nearby source of jack-in-the-pulpit out from near the water, drying it best as possible with his paws and nearby blades of grass. Once satisfied with it, he approached Samael, pleased to see that he was at least attempting to get himself out of the water. No healing was going to be taking place if he was in the middle of the lake, accepting his defeat. "Forgive me for being unable to put myself in your position. I don't pity the dead, nor those that grieve them." The last thing on his mind was filtering his words. He was being far more harsh than usual, but in reality, what could Samael do to him in his state? Cheshire was the one helping him, whether he liked it or not.

"If you plan to kill Teren, then you'll need to do better than you did today. I can settle for gaining something in the future from this. Should you succeed - though I'm not counting on it - I could be more than a Healer. I don't need to be in the field in order to perform what the field entails, no?" Eyes sparkling, he rounded the younger male, instructing him to lie down with a toss of his head. "But you'll come up with something, if not that. You've got some time to mull it over. Eat this." He pushed the root of the jack-in-the-pulpit towards him. "It's supposed to help with your recovery from the bloodloss."

With a sigh, and a final glance around him, he accepted the inevitability of what was going to have to happen. "Since there's no comfrey in the area, I'll have to set the rib without any herbs to make it easier on you. There's no other option if you want the luxury of breathing without pain, I'm afraid. I won't sugarcoat it: this is going to hurt. Pass out if you need to. It makes my job easier." The only reason he hesitated was so that Samael could finish swallowing the remainder of the plant before, with a forceful push of his paw and nothing to announce for the sudden pressure, he set the rib and prepared for the gurgling cries to follow with a quick flattening of his ears.
Back to top Go down
Exile Samael
Site Owner
Site Owner
Exile Samael

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2015, 10:22

It became clear to Samael that this wolf belonged in Erenyx. He could not say that about many others he had known. For instance, Tundra, yes she was strong and could handle her own ordeals, but to Samael she was a little too kind for Erenyx's current paces. But once Samael took back his throne, things would be different. He knew he would make necessary changes. Samael moved along with his commands. Though he did not speak a word as to what he wanted the younger wolf to do, Samael just knew. He moved himself from the water and laid on the dry soil. This wolf really wanted something, but he never told Samael exactly what it was. How was he to think of something that he didn't even know what was or was not wanted? As the root or plant, whatever it was, was pushed his way, he stared at it with his bi-colored gaze. It looked disgusting. He had never been one to eat the field grass or any other vegetation. All he wanted was meat, flesh and bones. Reluctantly opening his mouth, he picked it up with his teeth. Using his tongue, he pulled it into his maw and began chewing. It was dry and gross. The taste was the worst thing he had ever eaten, even more so than the rotting corpse he had found as a pup. Grass and things from the ground was meant for herbivores, not carnivores. Continuing to chew, he finally swallowed and looked up to his personal doctor. But before long, Cheshire had already began explaining something else to him. He had mentioned something about passing out, but Samael was not tired. If anything, he wanted to be awake to watch this witch doctor's magic work on him. Soon pressure was forced against his injured ribs. Immediately he let out a whine, ears pressed to the back of his skull. He closed his eyes tight and tried to keep the cries from leaking from his maw. But it was useless. Louder and louder they got as the pain swelled greater and greater within his form. The pain index was higher than anything he had ever felt before and he could feel his conscious slipping from him. With the last little cry of pain, his eyes closed and he was knocked out. Slowly his body breathed as it allowed the Healer to do his magic and repair the broken wolf. Slipping into the silence, Samael dreamed. He dreamed of his father and mother, standing side by side, looking down on him. Very good son, you just be brave. You can do this... his father said. His mother leaned down and licked the side of his cheek. You are so brave, my Samael. You will make it... The images stayed with him, not leaving his side. For the first time in a long time, Samael felt at peace with everything that had happened. In his sleep, his natural body was peaceful and relaxed. Not a single paw kicked and squirmed. Everything laid perfectly still. All that could be seen was the rising and falling of his side, his breathing.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Of Erenyx
Cheshire Of Erenyx

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2015, 08:24

To say he had been pleased when Samael succumbed to the pain and blacked out was an understatement. It made his job easier when his patient wasn't awake; this way, questions couldn't be asked, retorts couldn't be made, and then he wasn't required to pretend that he cared about anything he or she had to say about his work.

It took longer than he would've liked to gather the rest of the materials that he needed, but when he returned to Samael's side, he was still unconscious and breathing - but that was to be expected. Surely all of Erenyx would assume him dead after the damage that Teren had done, but Cheshire's patients rarely died when he didn't want them to. Samael could be of use to him in the future, especially if he proved able to carry out his ambitious plans.

With a gentle touch that was abnormal for the clever Healer, he applied chewed Alder leaves to the wounds littering Samael's body to prevent infection from setting in, and then closed the poultice in with thick cobwebs to ensure the Alder leaves accomplished their job before falling off. Cheshire took a small step back, admiring his work - there was nothing more he could do for him now. He leaned close to Samael's ear; his words wouldn't register in an unconscious mind, but he spoke to him regardless. "Rest well, Samael. I look forward to seeing you again." With a quick, devious smile for nobody to see, Cheshire left him vulnerable, asleep, to wake up alone, but hopefully with an easier time breathing.

-EXIT CHESHIRE-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was It Worth It? [Cheshire/Any Healer]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1