Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Watcher Calling

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Old Watcher Calling Empty
PostSubject: Old Watcher Calling Old Watcher Calling Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2013, 00:59

Alanoth padded along between the pine trees-as a rogue wolf had been kind enough to name for him-as he approached what scented like a pack borderline. He had heard distant howls from here the other day, and the scent markers in the area were a big indicator. One particular pine tree seemed to stand out, and Alanoth sniffed the base and trunk to be sure. Yes, someone had urinated extensively over this tree, obviously to make their territory well known. He looked around, trying to determine which way the members of this nearby pack would likely come from. He cleared his throat briefly,then raised his head slowly as he let out a long, distant reaching howl of attempting to enter a pack's lands.

After about a minute, he was certain his howl would be heard by someone, so Alanoth settled down in the dirt next to the tree, but not to where he would cross the borderline. Who was to say how long it would take? So the old wolf settled his muzzle among the leaves and closed his eyes to relax while he waited.
Back to top Go down
Juno of Helidos
Juno of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases: Large Wolf; Language: Latin

PostSubject: Re: Old Watcher Calling Old Watcher Calling Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2013, 11:40

[[ I'll reply later today, I've got work to be done. ]]

The morning started off like any other day to the black beauty, the sun was fairly shining, often retreating back to a nearby fluff of cloud in the skies to shade over the lands. Helidos territories flourished with color due to its increasing amount of wildflowers and tree leaves as well as the lime green grass. Within a few days more pups will be added to the pack, let alone the Alpha's pups and the now passed on Omega she never had gotten to socialize with. The beta female was coming to her deadline soon enough now that almost two complete months had passed by. There was little support in the caring area she knew, which worried her, but nonetheless she'd do her best to help aid with the staff since it is also her duty to protect the ones around her. She had decided on taking a stroll passed the borders, renewing the territories with her scent against the trees, leaving markings behind. If it weren't for her round glory holding her behind, she would of been sprinting through the terrain at rapid speed. Oh, how nice it was to run, she thought.

Juno sniffed at the flowers, admiring and remember to the days when everything was filled with spring and love. She smiled secretly to herself at the memory of Marrok putting a violet behind her ear, he changed her life and nothing could ever replace it she hoped. The obsidian fae lifted her muzzle and pointed her ears at the call of a brute nearby, she turned around, heading in the direction as fast as she could, but safely enough so it wouldn't hurt her stomach. She neared over to a shrub, crouching a bit to then crane her neck around, eyeing an older brute whom was laying in the shade of an old oak. Juno feared none to come from the loner so she moved from her spot, exposing herself to the little sunshine that casted through the trees, slowly making her way to stand still behind the dividing line but close enough for him to speak. "Good evening, traveler. My name is Beta Juno, Beta female of the Helidos pack and what is your reason for walking into my pack's lands, brute?" The black fae shifted her weight to the side, lowering her haunches to the ground as she pivoted her hind legs to the side. She huffed a sigh and tried her best to provide a friendly smile, but she was exhausted.

Last edited by Beta Juno on July 1st 2013, 12:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://infinitew0lves.tumblr.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Old Watcher Calling Old Watcher Calling Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2013, 12:42

Alanoth had sat for quite some time on the border, or so it felt to him, while he waited for a response of some kind. The land was so wondrous to the old brute, he just couldn't get enough of looking around at the unusual trees, flowers, grasses, and even the good weather. Back home the closest thing to good weather was light fog when it wasn't thick enough to prevent a pup from seeing his poor nose. The smells were fascinating, the sights awe-inspiring, and overall he was certain he would enjoy living here if this pack accepted him.

A movement in the corner of his eye drew his attention and he raised his head to look over. He wasn't surprised at all about the one greeting him being a female, or even a Beta, but what shocked him was that she was pregnant and still performing these duties. Did this pack have no caretakers? "I am Alanoth, formerly Lead Caretaker of the pack Araduh Sanctum." He bowed his head submissively and looked up at her. She was certainly due soon, of that he was certain with his keen eye. "If I may, Beta Juno, I think you should be resting in your den, I may not be the best Caretaker in the world, but I know enough about caring for pups and expecting fae that you really shouldn't be out here if someone else can."
Back to top Go down
Juno of Helidos
Juno of Helidos

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Old Watcher Calling Old Watcher Calling Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2013, 13:20

Her attention sparked by his previous rank given in his introduction, the fact he used to be of the superiors in the caring group made her even more fascinated to ask. "Its a pleasure to meet you, Alanoth, though I have never heard of the pack you speak of. As for myself, I believe you are correct on that matter, but I've been stuck in a den for a entire week now and could enjoy the fresh air. If I have the enough energy, I spend my time taking a walk while my mate is out doing to hard jobs. This is not my first litter, so you have nothing to worry about. I know what is the difference from wrong and right when it comes to having pups, but I am thankful for your advice." Juno curled her tail around her waist, shaking away the help stubbornly, "I'm fine, really I am."

Before getting to business, the fae studied the older brute's features. He was what would call from her old pack an everyday grey wolf, however his colt held an array of darker tints than just great and white. Crimson brown blended into the peaks of his ears and snout, blended in with the white and darker grey almost perfectly. And his eyes, a bright pair of yellow orbs to catch every source of movement made. She sighed slowly, blinking her attention up to meet his gaze. "It seems you're more experienced in becoming a Caretaker. We lack in that department very much so, and it pains me to see that, it does. But, now that I presume you are interested in taking the position, what all else can you provide for this pack other than caring. Are you skilled in Healing, or able to hunt down a big enough prey by your lonesome self?" These questions were old, but valuable and essential to getting to know a typical loner. Juno waited patiently, wondering if he could be great use for Helidos if he wished to work within the pack.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Old Watcher Calling Old Watcher Calling Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2013, 13:33

She did seem to appreciate the fact he was a former Caretaker, of that he was certain. What confused him was how she seemed to brush off his help, or at least his offering of advice. Sure she had had a litter before, but according to ehr own contradictory information, the Helidos pack had little in the way of pups care. Along with that care was protection of the mother(s) before the birth as well as during and after. The pups needed attention to be sure, but if their mother was unwell it would only affect them badly. He remained silent in this instance to her first response.

To her questions he stood somewhat straight, but not enough to show disrespect. "I do have some basic proficiency in healing with herbs, it was a required skill in my home pack in case a pup should sustain an injury. That and there are a number of herbs that help a nursing fae significantly. I can fight well enough to defend myself and others, though my exact skill has not been tested in some time. I can hunt in that I can track, and perhaps keep pace with a deer, though I have never actually attempted to take a prey down by myself beyond a fox and a rabbit or two."
Back to top Go down
Juno of Helidos
Juno of Helidos

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Old Watcher Calling Old Watcher Calling Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2013, 14:16

It was all of what she wanted to hear, but there was still something left before making her decision and handing him over the rank he clearly worked best in. "That's great to hear, actually. I didn't expect a Caretaker like yourself to be most experienced in the hunting unit as much, so no worries there. What I like most is that you are skilled in the healing of such and capable of protecting yourself as well as the pups you'll care for I presume. When the time comes I mean, you'll be able to assist the one whose in labor and the pregnancy will be easily provided with wise advise coming from yourself. With your help here, I believe we'll be fine, but I must warn you, there are already three litters yet to be born. You will be busy, along with Maria, the other Caretaker of ours.

Juno slowly brought herself to her feet, besting it wasn't a great idea so she sat back down, but sat up to meet at his eye level at the most part. He practically towered over her by an inch or two without trying like any other grey wolf. They were always built and naturally tall compared to most wolves, so to her, it didn't come off as over dominance in rank. "And, using that tracking sense of yours and speed, you'll be able to keep the pups from getting to far from the den and back to base. Though, I hope mine won't be a pawful once they are brought to the world. If they are, I'm always willing to help. I expect for you as a Caretaker to freely let me stop in and check up on them if is alright?" As she continued further into the interview, she stopped to take a slow breath, opening her eyes to meet two yellow orbs again. "There's just one thing left before we part ways and I can show you to the den you'll be working in. You must lay your life before me, Alanoth and swear it to the day you die you will protect this pack and the ones around you, along with respecting others you have yet to meet. If there is one thing we all have in common here, it would be respect. Look up to your superiors and elders like a great wolf would and care for them like you would for yourself. I trust you with the lives of my pups and expect you to take care of them while I work. Do you agree to this, Alanoth? If not, I'll have no choice but to banish you from these lands..."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Old Watcher Calling Old Watcher Calling Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2013, 17:56

Alanoth listened carefully to the fae with interest, she seemed so pleased that his abilities went beyond coddling the pups of the pack. To him these were all necessary skills, they were the basics of life for any wolf, especially a Caretaker. This was more than likely due to his upbringing, but that was beyond the point. The point was that he was being accepted, while also being told his numerous duties. He had to visibly constrain himself when he saw her discomfort, it was too well ingrained in him to take care of pregnant faes.

At least he wouldn't be alone, that gave him some comfort. As long as he had someone to work alongside of, the work wold be simple even with three litters worth of pups. Alanoth paid close attention to what he was to promise to do, and immediately after she stopped speaking he responded. "I, Alanoth Araduh Sanctum, Caretaker of the pups of this pack until the day I day, do swear that with my life I will defend and nurture all the young ones of the pack, I will protect all pack members with my life, and never will a word of deliberate disrespect leave my lips."
Back to top Go down
Juno of Helidos
Juno of Helidos

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Old Watcher Calling Old Watcher Calling Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2013, 19:29

Juno smiled, using her best effort to bring herself to her legs and lightly bow a polite nod, "Then I here by pronounce you, Caretaker Alanoth and you have my blessing in caring for my pups when the time arrives soon enough. You will bring us protection over the next generation of the pack until they have grown to the age of surviving on their own in this small world." The black fae kept her spirits alive no matter the case of knowing that someday her pups will grow to be just as strong as them and find love like she had. If she predicted right, Alanoth would be able to give them the things that her and Lucy's pups will need and be able to care for them while the two mothers were off to greater duties. As much as she wished to spend time with them constantly, it was best for them to not be cuddled and socialized with for they must know not everyone is going to be there when the time comes. It was a way of life everyone has faced and soon they will too. Tragedies, heart break and in some pasts, death. There will come a time when they are left alone and the previous generation will pass on their knowledge for them to survive on their owns. It was strange and some how sad of how the circle of life preformed, but for since the beginning of time its brought two wonderful beings together to create a whole. She found that missing piece of a brute in the swamps of Helidos, who then became her mate and the father of her pups. What more could she ask for?

The fae looked up, legs shaking for it had been a while since she has put on such weight. She shook her head and grinned once again up at the new member. "Now, if you would mind, I'd like to make it back to the clearing in one piece. Care to walk me back to my den before I show you to the Caretaker's den? It would mean a lot if you will." And with that, she turned around and started her walk back into the darkness, waiting up for him to tag along for support.

ooc - Welcome to the Helidos pack, Alanoth. You may now roam about the lands of Helidos as you please and may change your name to Caretaker Alanoth. You don't have to post after this if you want, but if you have any questions on taking on the Lead Caretaker male, ask Alpha Azul. (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Watcher Calling Old Watcher Calling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Watcher Calling

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1